Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

jetz0r posted:

I'll make the offer to testcopy over little carepacks to you test goons again. I can ship over packs of: (listed by character)

~2m plat, 3k dream motes, an Amulet of Necropotence, a Manastone, a stack of Pure Light orbs, lots of 14 slot bags and/or TS items, and whatever random things I have from exping.

An AoN, Circlet of Shadows, a stack of pure Metal orbs, a Bioluminescent Orb, L90 arrow summoning quiver.

My trader with whatever random stuff I'm trying to sell (RoF random drop gear and Eternal Grove crap) plus some plat.

Contact me at xegony.illa, or post in thread with your name and what you want. I'll copy over and send stuff when I can.

I'd love to bug you on this, and I've been on test for years! I have so little plat that I have to loot aggressively to pay for my j5 merc. I'll contact you in game, but I'm Quillmayne on test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone come to test please so we can have goon antics and actually have fun playing this lovely game.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

RCarr posted:

Everyone come to test please so we can have goon antics and actually have fun playing this lovely game.

I think there's a decent glut of people who are waiting for /testcopy to start working again. If anyone has success with it after this point, it'd be helpful to let the thread know.

And responding to the mention of spell turn-ins - since they're tradeable, there's not really any urgency to moving those over with my initial move, right? I'm figuring since no-drop stuff gets locked in on the main characters, that's all that really matters at the moment. Everything else can get taken care of later with the /testcopy mule.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Devor posted:

I think there's a decent glut of people who are waiting for /testcopy to start working again. If anyone has success with it after this point, it'd be helpful to let the thread know.

And responding to the mention of spell turn-ins - since they're tradeable, there's not really any urgency to moving those over with my initial move, right? I'm figuring since no-drop stuff gets locked in on the main characters, that's all that really matters at the moment. Everything else can get taken care of later with the /testcopy mule.
The only thing you should really fuss about swapping around pre-copy are Heirlooms, if you have any. Examples are the huge bag you can /claim if you bought VoA, or /claimed Mounts and XP potions. You can only trade them to your other characters via the Shared Bank, which isn't available unless you're Gold on Live. If you get the chance (or are Gold), stick Heirlooms on a "copying mule" so you have them there for future copying.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Sent you mail for the goon giveaway. I'm taking my time leveling and absorbing how much this has game has changed since PoP. Still amazed to be walking around with maxed stats at lvl 40. In as Kelteel/Theoma a monk/shaman box. I might try play around with another combo, maybe something with a paladin in it.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Devor posted:

How do you know testcopy isn't working? Will it send an error when you try to /testcopy or is it just it doesn't actually copy? I hit /testcopy last night but didn't really have any time to play so I thought it went through.

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Vomik posted:

How do you know testcopy isn't working? Will it send an error when you try to /testcopy or is it just it doesn't actually copy? I hit /testcopy last night but didn't really have any time to play so I thought it went through.

It takes just about 30 seconds to come back with a success or fail message in your chat window regarding your /testcopy request. Remember to zone or relog if you're swapping a bunch of stuff around, before you /testcopy, otherwise it may not copy your whole inventory for some reason.

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
Planning on copying over to test to check things out as soon as testcopy is working again, still not working at this time.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pilsner posted:

The only thing you should really fuss about swapping around pre-copy are Heirlooms, if you have any. Examples are the huge bag you can /claim if you bought VoA, or /claimed Mounts and XP potions. You can only trade them to your other characters via the Shared Bank, which isn't available unless you're Gold on Live. If you get the chance (or are Gold), stick Heirlooms on a "copying mule" so you have them there for future copying.

Er, just to make sure it's clear - I'm on FV, so I have access to fancy normally-nodrop stuff on the bazaar right now (like the Abstruse Remnants) which my understanding is become no-drop once I hit Test. So if I transferred my SK over now, and farmed 1000AA on Test, then realized I wanted a set of the Abstruse gear, I'd be out of luck because /testcopy would step on my SK's progress.

Good point about the heirlooms though - I'll check my guys' /claims available and see if there are any one-shot heirloom items that I'd like to be able to copy over lots of. I'm horrible about /claiming limited use things though, so the only things I've claimed to date are things that I have 1000 of.

And as far as /testcopy, I was getting the same move error that other people were mentioning.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
what a thing to say at the table
Thanks to jetz0r for coming through with all the items he mentioned - really helps me out. And I'm all for a bigger goon presence on Test, it's a great place to play.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Does anyone have anything old school or rare they could copy over? I'm talking Salindrite Dagger, Mask of Tinkering, Sceptre of Destruction, Holgresh Elder Beads. I'm starting up a bard in the next few days, which will be my first box ever, and I want him to have some toys because why not.

napster of meat fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 10, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Whoever plays Brio on Luclin-Stromm, I'm sorry dude, my connction cut out last night as you were stuffing your face full of pizza. I'll probably be on later tonight, but you never know.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Medullah posted:

Yay! Got my account unbanned! Sure, it's just a lvl 60ish cleric, and has gear from 2004, but it's a moral victory!

How ddi you even get banned you big dummy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I Love You! posted:

How ddi you even get banned you big dummy

I had two accounts, when I quit back in 2003 I let one of my friends use my Cleric account for rezzes. He decided to do some exploiting with the account, and got it banned.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

napster of meat posted:

Does anyone have anything old school or rare they could copy over? I'm talking Salindrite Dagger, Mask of Tinkering, Sceptre of Destruction, Holgresh Elder Beads.

Only goodie I have is prenerf cos, been looking for gnome mask for a while, and holgresh beads you can get from buying a gold Ticket on live and copying it until you get one.

My work just went full retard and I have to work 6-7 days a week plus I go to school so I haven't been on, but I'll try to get on occasionally.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

BJA posted:

Only goodie I have is prenerf cos, been looking for gnome mask for a while, and holgresh beads you can get from buying a gold Ticket on live and copying it until you get one.

My work just went full retard and I have to work 6-7 days a week plus I go to school so I haven't been on, but I'll try to get on occasionally.

Yeah, I have a gold ticket, but I bought it on test and haven't turned it in yet. The only place on Live I have any plat is ~120k on Fippy, but since they're only in DoN I can only really pick up Velious/Kunark era box-farmed droppables to transfer.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

BJA posted:

Only goodie I have is prenerf cos

I'm going to ask a probably stupid but totally legitimate question, and this is speaking as someone who has played necro a bit and has ample experience with an SK... what's the Big Bloody Deal (R) with the "pre-nerf" Circlet of Shadows? I *think* that I can see the to-do with it years and years ago, but today by the mid-levels any SK or necro can get an instant-cast, mana free invis as an AA ability.

Is it that non-Sk/necros can use it as a click-from-inventory despite not being able to equip it, or am I missing something else? I would just kind of like to know what the palava is about this thing. I know that Manastones are somewhat desirable, despite only working in old-world zones, because of the instant-click aspect. My wizard has a Manna Robe that I no longer use partly because it has a 3-second casting came, but if it were instant-cast then I could see myself using it in certain situations.

Edit: Actually, the above is not entirely true. On the odd occasion when my wizard is on a Raid timer and cannot rest for 5 minutes (like in Fear) but can still mount up, it's handy. Only reason I still carry it, really.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

napster of meat posted:

Does anyone have anything old school or rare they could copy over? I'm talking Salindrite Dagger, Mask of Tinkering, Sceptre of Destruction, Holgresh Elder Beads. I'm starting up a bard in the next few days, which will be my first box ever, and I want him to have some toys because why not.

I have 3/5 flowers of functionality (green, black, white) but I think they turn back into no trade on test.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

JustJeff88 posted:

Is it that non-Sk/necros can use it as a click-from-inventory despite not being able to equip it, or am I missing something else?

That's exactly it. It's obviously not as good these days due to that AA, but the AA has a recast time and the CoS doesn't. It's not always useful, but there are situations that it is, especially for SKs pulling. Definitely worth having one if you're an SK

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Sancho posted:

I have 3/5 flowers of functionality (green, black, white) but I think they turn back into no trade on test.

Indeed, they would, but thank you.

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Sancho posted:

I have quite a few mostly low / mid level SK twink items on test. Massive Dragonclaw Shard, PSC, Shields, Gravebinder and Soulbinder and other silly items. May have half a set of Glowing Althai or however you spell that for the 70s leveling. Again, talk to Oldtekka or Unfortunately on Test.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

That's exactly it. It's obviously not as good these days due to that AA, but the AA has a recast time and the CoS doesn't. It's not always useful, but there are situations that it is, especially for SKs pulling. Definitely worth having one if you're an SK

I thought that the pre-nerf version had a 0.1 second cast time, so wouldn't that make it less than stellar for pulling through crowds, as one would have to stop briefly to use it?

I can definitely see the benefit for clerics, paladins, warriors, monks, and other classes that cannot readily invis themselves.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

I thought that the pre-nerf version had a 0.1 second cast time, so wouldn't that make it less than stellar for pulling through crowds, as one would have to stop briefly to use it?

I can definitely see the benefit for clerics, paladins, warriors, monks, and other classes that cannot readily invis themselves.

Nope, that's what the nerf was. Pre-nerf is instant. It's only useable by necro/sk though, so all those other classes are still stuck with no invis. Except monks, who get permanent invis until they zone from ID (ID is amazing)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

Nope, that's what the nerf was. Pre-nerf is instant. It's only useable by necro/sk though, so all those other classes are still stuck with no invis. Except monks, who get permanent invis until they zone from ID (ID is amazing)

Don't forget Bards! They get instant aggro drop / invis too!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Medullah posted:

Bards weren't in his list :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

Bards weren't in his list :colbert:

You win this round, but I'll be back! Mwahahahahahah

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

JustJeff88 posted:

Is it that non-Sk/necros can use it as a click-from-inventory despite not being able to equip it, or am I missing something else?

MrTheDevious posted:

MrTheDevious posted:

Okay, I must be thick, because I am more confused than ever. So the pre-nerf circlet is only usable by SK/Necromancer, but is instant-cast, no cooldown, 20 minute duration, but the post-nerf one has a longer casting time but can be clicked from inventory by anyone? I know that I am making a meal of this, but I would like to know why people bang on and on about this.

Medullah posted:

As someone who was a-barding long before it was cool (when you had to manually do your melodies), I was about to post this until I saw your interjection. Well done - bards forever!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

As someone who was a-barding long before it was cool (when you had to manually do your melodies), I was about to post this until I saw your interjection. Well done - bards forever!

I was barding before Fading Memories existed. :D

(Never got that high with him then...but still!)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Medullah posted:

I was barding before Fading Memories existed. :D

(Never got that high with him then...but still!)

I was barding before music, man... those were rough times. The Man was always keeping us down... you weren't even allowed to wear armour, much less plate... I made my first lute out of a salad bowl and my own hair. Dark times, dark times.

Sypherr was born 3 August, 1999.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

Okay, I must be thick, because I am more confused than ever. So the pre-nerf circlet is only usable by SK/Necromancer, but is instant-cast, no cooldown, 20 minute duration, but the post-nerf one has a longer casting time but can be clicked from inventory by anyone? I know that I am making a meal of this, but I would like to know why people bang on and on about this.

Both of em are only SK/Nec usable unless they changed it when they made items clickable from bags, which I don't think they did.

vvv That's pretty much what I thought, but I wasn't sure if they made an exception for the pre-nerf CoS too

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 11, 2013

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Very few items are clickable by non listed classes. The only two that come to mind are the original dark elf illusion mask and the ribbon of empathy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Was looking at my equipment since I decided to log in for the first time since the game went F2P, and I see a lot of my gear is shaded purple with "prestige" noted in it. This is gear my bard is already wearing, and I see stats change when I take it off. Is there some sort of grandfathered in clause for gear you already owned that you don't need to go gold to use it?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Purple means that the aug is prestige, while the item itself is not, so you're only getting stats from the base item. I had a bunch of LDoN augs when I restarted after f2p, which are marked as prestige for some odd reason, despite being worse than just about every newer non prestige aug in the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ponzicar posted:

Purple means that the aug is prestige, while the item itself is not, so you're only getting stats from the base item. I had a bunch of LDoN augs when I restarted after f2p, which are marked as prestige for some odd reason, despite being worse than just about every newer non prestige aug in the game.

Oh yeah, that's probably it. I had tons of augs from LDON days because they made your gear no-drop, which was awesome on Rallos Zek (item loot PVP)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I just wanted to toss out a 72-hour (~ish) reminder that the Luclin-Stromm Goon Anguish Raid (all rights reserved) will take place this Sunday, 13 January at 8 Eastern/7 Central/6 Mountain/5 Pacific. All those level 68+ will be considered.

I think that, in all fairness with regards to the Globes of Discordant Energy, that people who have finished their 1.5's already should get first crack, as they are clearly the furthest along in the process and will probably be the first to finish the 2.0 path. To anyone who thinks I am doing this for my own benefit, I would add that my wizard has not done one single step of his 1.5 as I write this (neither has my druid, but he already has a globe), so this is not an attempt to do myself a favour - I just think that it is the most fair way to go about it. If we get more Globes than 1.5 holders, I feel that we should /random them off to various people (I would still prefer preference given to those who have made some steps towards their 1.5s, in that case). If we have more 1.5 carriers than Globes, then we should do something similar.

I think that this is simply the most just fashion for awarding hard-earned items for long, gruelling quests, and I hope that those participating will agree.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I'll agree w/that, even though i AM a 1.5 holder. What makes me saddest about epic 2.0s though, is that there's not any -awesome- epics after 2.0. as soon as I hit 80 I'll have a ridiculously OP weapon that makes my 2.0 look like trash.... that I bought for 200 plat.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
The Pre nerf CoS made pulling through non social mobs trivial. This made the raid zone at the time a LOT easier to pull.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

iNteg posted:

I'll agree w/that, even though i AM a 1.5 holder. What makes me saddest about epic 2.0s though, is that there's not any -awesome- epics after 2.0. as soon as I hit 80 I'll have a ridiculously OP weapon that makes my 2.0 look like trash.... that I bought for 200 plat.

You don't get a 2.0 for the weapon, you get it for the effect :)

Unless you're a necro, then it sucks to be you because you're stuck using that bitch until the servers shut down

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

JustJeff88 posted:

It was in the game for like one patch, it was the first ever (?) instant cast invis and it worked for 2 of the 3 classes that could feign death. It also predated all AAs. It's a very rare item and people love collecting. It's not much use now once an SK/Nec gets the cloak of shadows AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hooray for productive lunch hours, picked up the 32AC aug in Brell's Rest and the 33AC aug in Pellucid Grotto. Got both augs on the first named pop. Only like 6 more sub-30AC augs to get rid of. :emo:

Still need to do both of the Library ones though, so those should be easy enough.