Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, all diesels in the oilfield here are required to have air cut-offs. a switch on the dash that flips a door in the intake that blocks off the air. it's not oil in the air, it's just other flamable gasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Have a field, have a plough... no tractor? No problem!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Along the same lines, guy needed a rototiller, but didn't have one. He did have a rock crawling comp buggy and a spare set of dented up rims plus some old rototiller blades, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVVF40k_dPM

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

kastein posted:

holy loving poo poo.

I want to know who they bought everything behind the motor from, and how they made it not shatter every piece of the drivetrain.

e: for that matter I want to know how the gently caress the guys with the red caravan I posted made that poor little automatic transaxle survive 35psi in an SRT4. Those things poo poo themselves all the time bolted to stock V6s.

Nissan patrol drive trains are loving HUGE compared to most other things out there- 11 or 12" diffs, the manual gearbox alone weighs close to 200kg, transfer case is another 75kg on its own.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, that torque converter is going to be generating an obscene amount of heat right there; if the guy is at WOT then you're taking whatever the actual power output is at that RPM ( 250hp? 300hp?) and turning almost 100% of it into heat.

Say 300HP, that's 224kW.

224,000 watts. That's a lotta heat.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kastein posted:

Along the same lines, guy needed a rototiller, but didn't have one. He did have a rock crawling comp buggy and a spare set of dented up rims plus some old rototiller blades, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVVF40k_dPM

So is that buggy 4wd? The 4 wheel steering sure does look convenient.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yup. 4wd is basically required on those.

It has rear steer (makes for an excellent rototilling experience) and the transfer case is twin-sticked, I.e. there is one lever to select front drive output (high, low, or neutral) and another for rear output (high, low, or neutral.) He has the front axle spinning in high range and the rear in low range in that video.

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...

Preoptopus posted:

" AI car poo poo"

for anyone else that loves this as much as i do, learn that a. it's heavily photoshopped but b. the original photo, wallpaper sized still rules pretty hard.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
They made it darker and added bullet holes???

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Haha I didnt even see thoes!

Lets Bring back some class

z

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

[

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bravo sir.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this page owns

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
There's no need to hide, there's no way in hell that TR7 will even make it that far.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

What's that left hand doing :raise:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Goddamn.

Though it was kind of funny scrolling through all that awesome vintage class and then

quote:

*sad trombone*

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sagebrush posted:

Goddamn.

Though it was kind of funny scrolling through all that awesome vintage class and then

*sad trombone*

It's cool if it's her Chevelle that she has restored, but what are the chances?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Clearly a 'shop, there's no puddle of fluids under it or a trail of oil mist behind it :v:

Those are nice wheels. gently caress I want another GT.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
If one wants class, there is nothing classier than the Volvo 264 Top Executive.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That seems like actually getting in/out of the back would be a pain, and what is that thing sticking up out of the tunnel?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

That seems like actually getting in/out of the back would be a pain, and what is that thing sticking up out of the tunnel?

Lap belts for the rear facing seats?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Hmmm Claaaassssy...

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Haha this was such a perfect collection to end on after scrolling down through all the magic and class on this page.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Owl take the cat.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Does the cat come with it??? :heysexy:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
In honor of this page getting back to basics, here's a tremendous pair of bristols

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/TJoaG.jpg :nws:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

In honor of this page getting back to basics, here's a tremendous pair of bristols

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/TJoaG.jpg :nws:

Thanks for NWSing that. Oxbrain should be ashamed of not tagging an underage pussy shot of all things though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

General_Failure posted:

Thanks for NWSing that. Oxbrain should be ashamed of not tagging an underage pussy shot of all things though.
It's not like it was Micromancer or anything.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

What is this, and why do I need one?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Seeing this mixed in with all the girls from the 70's and earlier really puts into perspective how loving terrible fashion in the 80's and early 90's was. GodDAMN.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

SECRET SECRET

I GOT A SECRET

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
domo arigato
mr molest auto

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

the magazine for the modern man
HIM
CARS AND GIRLS

The French certainly do know how to do these things.

also

quote:

:crossarms:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Viggen posted:

What is this, and why do I need one?

Countach prototype, because it looks even nicer without the fins and gills and scoops and ...
There was only one, and it was destroyed as part of the crash testing/approval for the production model.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Sagebrush posted:

the magazine for the modern man
HIM
CARS AND GIRLS

The French certainly do know how to do these things.

also

:crossarms:

:fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

joat mon posted:

Countach prototype, because it looks even nicer without the fins and gills and scoops and ...
There was only one, and it was destroyed as part of the crash testing/approval for the production model.

Goddammit. Why do I always long for what I can't have? :emo: