Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Roxy might want to give that ring to Jake for a while. Otherwise this is about to become Horrorstuck Part 2: Revenge of Jane Crocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Crain posted:

Really? Huh. Well, he;s pretty freaking tall in the latest flash. But that could just be bad art I guess.

They're both standing on top of the railing. Not actually taller than floor to roof.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dogbutt posted:

I think Homestuck made me laugh out loud for the first time since I started it.

Wow I'm sorry man, that sounds rough.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I have never been so scared in my entire life.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hm. John's god-tier breath powers blew out an entire planet's worth of fires. Jane's jollybright life powers just turned an entire planet's worth of death and decay into the magical Keebler elf forest. How that could be characterized as anything other than "the lifey thing" is beyond me. What just happened, more or less: Jane's god-tier. She has TAS'ed her way into early tiger possession. What I'm not entirely clear on is whether her particular way of getting (to got) it involves her being more or less dead than the traditional method. :ohdear:

I'm also theorizing that this might turn her into kind of a reverse Act-5-Bec-Noir -- an unstoppable force of nature, beyond reason, flying around at near-lightspeed spreading joy and happiness through extreme violence toward bad people. Which would certainly be entertaining.

KRoP
Jan 5, 2013

Wrist Watch posted:

Fully expecting the next update to be End of Act 6 Act 5 Part 1 End of Act 6 Act 5 Act 1 Part 1. :colbert:

I think there will be an A6A5A2.

Then the endgame would be A6A6A6.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If we're about to dive into the next intermission I guess it's time for more Meteor and Cruiser drama. Any bets on what'll have happened in the last year? There's so many relationships and plans and so much information to share and go over not to mention there's also Caliborn and the dead trolls to check up on.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I'm kind of hoping for an ultra short intermission this time. This is the day that they're all supposed to arrive, after all, and get this plot ball rolling!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'd just settle for things coming to a head instead of new elements being introduced as Big Deals.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dolash posted:

If we're about to dive into the next intermission I guess it's time for more Meteor and Cruiser drama. Any bets on what'll have happened in the last year? There's so many relationships and plans and so much information to share and go over not to mention there's also Caliborn and the dead trolls to check up on.

I'm going to redouble my bet that John will have awful teen facial hair.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm going to redouble my bet that John will have awful teen facial hair.

It will be an indication of how far he has fallen from that path of his father's pride in him, that he has not shaved.

Does anyone dare lay odds on whether Kanaya and Rose are still together? Budding relationships didn't do too well from year one to year two...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am hoping that Dave and Karkat become inexplicable best buds and John is super jealous when they meet up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dolash posted:

It will be an indication of how far he has fallen from that path of his father's pride in him, that he has not shaved.

His dad left him a Shaving Almanac. Shaving was destined to be a huge part of John's life even if it weren't already a standard quasi-rite-of-passage thing for boys. It would surprise me if nothing comes of it. I just hope it also includes the comedy potential of a horrible dirtstache.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

It's unclear how much of Jane's display is supercharged Life power and how much is a result of Trickster mode... But I wonder if Jane could bring a ghost back to life? Or turn a little green skull monster into a flesh-and-blood person?

Dolash posted:

Due to time travel and dream bubble mechanics, every character in Homestuck will meet and immediately fall in love with Jake English. The final sub-act will consist of a massive conference to determine who gets to date him, and the confrontation with Lord English will be forgotten (except inasmuch as Lord English is also trying to date Jake).

Jake will stay in his room, making out with his Neytiri poster, and remain oblivious to all of this.

Dolash posted:

Does anyone dare lay odds on whether Kanaya and Rose are still together? Budding relationships didn't do too well from year one to year two...

Your ruse is revealed, Dolash. You asked for speculation so you could segue into shameful, vile SHIPPING DISCUSSION. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Indie Rocktopus posted:

It's unclear how much of Jane's display is supercharged Life power and how much is a result of Trickster mode... But I wonder if Jane could bring a ghost back to life? Or turn a little green skull monster into a flesh-and-blood person?

Check your human privilage, shitlord, Calliope is already a flesh and blood person. You don't get to decide if her alien species that has an alternate personality that wants to destroy all existence with a puppet is a good thing or not, and you certainly don't get to say she isn't real.

Besides, we've already seen what her supercharged life power does to green skull monsters. It turns them into piles of Zillium.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Your ruse is revealed, Dolash. You asked for speculation so you could segue into shameful, vile SHIPPING DISCUSSION. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

I think if you're asking "will canonical relationship X still be a thing a year later" it's still technically speculation rather than shipping discussion. Y'know, as opposed to "out of theoretical relationship Y and theoretical relationship Z, which one is more ABSOLUTELY PERFECT AND SO DREAMY AAAAAAAHHHHHH SO MANY FEELS :swoon: also if you like theoretical relationship N, I JUDGE YOU".

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Indie Rocktopus posted:

Your accusation is as scurrilous as it is unfounded and on a totally different note ooooh I wonder whether Rose is able to keep Terezi and Gamzee's kismesis from tearing the group apart, especially since Terezi still has feelings for Karkat but thinks he's moved on to Meenah while Dave doesn't seem to be providing the emotional support she needs in dealing with her current insecurities, which is mirrored in Davesprite dumping Jade and running off to do what now exactly??? Also John Vriska Tavros??????

Surgeon General's warning: The aforesaid post is a work of parody and should not be read by those with a heart condition, those who are currently or who may soon become pregnant, or really anyone.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Edit: nm, Flash troubles

J.theYellow fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 10, 2013

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Also, none of us are as smart as we think we are. This was apparently posted on Yahoo, then taken down for being obnoxious.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

JamJars posted:

Don't forget about Kirby where the invincibility item is a lollipop.

I'm reminded of an OLD old (old as balls (2004)) flash animation of Kirby eating an invincibility candy and going on a pink elephant-style acid trip. Here's a direct link to the .swf file, since the creator didn't host the flash in a webpage for whatever reason.

Also, I'm going to be sorely disappointed if Trickster Jane isn't Jim Carrey/Woody Woodpecker/Dodo Bird incarnate. No one is safe from her Trickster Gambit.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 10, 2013

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

J.theYellow posted:

Also, none of us are as smart as we think we are. This was apparently posted on Yahoo, then taken down for being obnoxious.

What a sad little douche.
"I wrote something badly but it's the readers fault for not getting it."

SNOOP CATTE
Oct 14, 2012

Take that, you stupid cat!
Homestuck really went downhill since [S] Cascade. I mean we started with awesome things like [S] Explore and now we have this chicanery.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

SNOOP CATTE posted:

Homestuck really went downhill since [S] Cascade. I mean we started with awesome things like [S] Explore and now we have this chicanery.

I can't believe this hogwash!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

SNOOP CATTE posted:

Sometimes I wish we had two stories to read: one where everything stays in the Problem Sleuth 2-ish style it had at first just to see how it would end up, and the other what we have now.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

SNOOP CATTE posted:

Homestuck really went downhill since [S] Cascade.
Hivebent lasted just over three months and folk were complaining about that.

It's been over a year since Cascade and finally I understand how they feel. There just is no sense of forward momentum at all with this folk. A series of events occurs while they wait for the battleship and meteor to arrive. Do they actually have any goals that we know of?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I trust Hussie to know what he is doing. But the wait to see how he turns this around into something resembling a compelling narrative is going to be painful.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Can someone re-post that tribute someone made to the deaths in Homestuck that someone posted? It was hosted on deviantart, but gently caress if I'm going to search for anything Homestuck related on DA.

Or anything on DA, really.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

If this is going to follow the parallels with Rose going Grimdark then hopefully this intermission is going to be The Big Man Hussie requesting another time out to explain what the gently caress is even happening with Homestuck any more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The B2 kids seem to be basically satellite characters for Caliborn. Although Hussie always had planned on doing the switch as far back as [S] Descend., at least.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Some Strange Flea posted:

It's been over a year since Cascade and finally I understand how they feel. There just is no sense of forward momentum at all with this folk. A series of events occurs while they wait for the battleship and meteor to arrive. Do they actually have any goals that we know of?

What? Cascade just happened a few months ago. It feels like a year though, the way things have been going.

Oh god that was october 2011, Jesus Christ :gonk:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

You guys are nuts, Homestucks still as entertaining as always. It was worth it for the Meenah walkabouts + Ministrife. Plus Condesce, Caliborn, Gamzee, Roxy, Drunk Rose, ARquius, Erisol and Fefeta. drat it, think of dear, sweet, poor Fefeta!

Actually, I can't think of where these downhill parts are. Even the Englishathon had those hilarious Jane faces.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Wrist Watch posted:

Sometimes I wish we had two stories to read: one where everything stays in the Problem Sleuth 2-ish style it had at first just to see how it would end up, and the other what we have now.

Yes, the problem with Homestuck is that there isn't enough content.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Yes, the problem with Homestuck is that there isn't enough content.

Yes that is exactly what I meant and definitely not anything about wondering how things would look if we kept the same style as we had in the beginning, thanks for clarifying

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, it's still quite good. People just get bent out of shape and take stuff too seriously sometimes when it's not happening a certain way. I mean I guess it's not as engrossing as maybe certain highs achieved during Act 4 or Act 5 but that's not enough to bother me or make me even entertain the thought of quitting. gently caress we've been on this ride so long anyway, seen things you people wouldn't believe, etc.. No reason not to see it through to the end and still plenty of stuff to look forward to.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

We're strapped into this boxcar now, and we're running it straight into the ground.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, last Saturday I finished and released Rust Apocalypse! There is at least one new arrangement of each of my coloUrs and mayhem tracks.

And on the official Homestuck music front, Tensei just posted something he's working on that could "possibly" be for Homestuck. It sounds pretty Irish-y to me, with the rhythm and the rustic pipes--maybe a strife theme for Jake? Oh please be doing a "Strife 2" album for the alpha kids...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Indie Rocktopus posted:

I get the impression that reviving the dead planet was supposed to be part of Jane's whole puzzle quest adventure dealie, so if trickster powers are a cheat mode I suspect it does have more to do with "beating" all the game objectives. She has ALL THE CODES and wins the game almost instantly.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

I get the impression that reviving the dead planet was supposed to be part of Jane's whole puzzle quest adventure dealie, so if trickster powers are a cheat mode I suspect it does have more to do with "beating" all the game objectives. She has ALL THE CODES and wins the game almost instantly.

So Caliborn is too cool for school?

QVC Drinking Game
Jun 23, 2005
W/R/T Act 6 dragging -- I wonder if new readers who read Act 6 in the archives feel the same way. I caught up early in A6A2, about a year ago, and I didn't have any sense of things dragging on pointlessly during Hivebent, like a lot of people who read it live seem to. Act 6 does seem slow to me now sometimes but that might not be the case when it doesn't take months of real time to get to the action. And the Hussmaster has said he designs the story primarily to be read in the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
The biggest momentum killers have probably been the summer hiatuses. Somewhere around last May, updates got really spotty and then pretty much stopped for a few months, save occasional flash updates (Synchronize/Unite, Caliborn: Enter). They final resumed around mid September I think, and even those were just updates in between Meenahquests.

After a two month break before Cascade last year and then all these other breaks, it's easy to feel like the whole thing's lost steam. This isn't even considering some of the story elements, but eh...