Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

achillesforever6 posted:

Doesn't Vince keep himself in great physical shape, though I don't think the concussions and steroids have done good things to him.

I'm concerned about the stress of the job. Running the WWE and being Vince can't be healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

njsykora posted:

It starts with T and ends with "riple H". NXT is a glimpse of what the WWE will be when he has control. It will be glorious.

Don't get me excited like this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Plus, the constant steak and ketchup wraps. That can't be healthy.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

STAC Goat posted:

that seems like the usual thing with hyped NXT acts like Ambrose and The Ascension. People see something good and potentially great and they call it amazing and go crazy. The internet.

I think it's that so much of the main WWE product is so goddamn bland a lot of the time that when something different comes along that is getting booked the right way, we go apeshit over it.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh my god Emma's dance has me DYING.

Big E winning the belt felt like real emotion. :)

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 11, 2013

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

achillesforever6 posted:

Doesn't Vince keep himself in great physical shape, though I don't think the concussions and steroids have done good things to him.

Seriously if he has a trainer overlooking his steroid use, it's probably not bad at all for him.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?

STAC Goat posted:

I agree that it was rushed and the delivery was off but I've heard/seen him do better. I'm not as head over heels in love with it as some but I definitely see the potential in the gimmick. His zombified "sons" is a nice addition since the last time I saw it. I'm not sure its 100% worked out yet and I don't think his entrance promo would translate well at all to a WWE arena and crowd but I think its definitely just something that needs to be ironed out and then given a chance to work. The people expecting it to be transformative or for him to be an immediate star are probably being silly but that seems like the usual thing with hyped NXT acts like Ambrose and The Ascension. People see something good and potentially great and they call it amazing and go crazy. The internet.

I think you gotta look at a guy like Damien Sandow, who came into the company in a lovely gimmick, nobody cared about him, and he was released to the apathy of all except his mother. He came back, found an amazing heel gimmick and has made the immediate jump to WWE programming - not as a main eventer but as somebody the audience DESPISES and gets his screentime every week.

I hated Husky Harris. Hated him on NXT, hated him when he was in the Nexus, when he went back to FCW I thought "goodbye and good riddance". Not in a successful heel type of way, more of a Lucky Cannon type of way. But then he re-emerged as Bray Wyatt, a clear concise character with a unique style and everything just clicked. Not everybody is going to be the next CM Punk, but it seems likely that Wyatt will succeed when he redebuts on Raw. That's because he has the type of gimmick where it's gonna be real hard for the casual fan to forget him. This monday I was mostly watching the National Championship with some friends, but everytime they went to commercial I switched it over to Raw. When Sandow came on, with the beard, the pink trunks, the smug elbow drop, all my non-wrestling fans were like "look at this motherfucker". He's memorable. His character sticks with you. Even if you only get a brief glimpse of him when some rear end in a top hat at your football get-together keeps switching to Raw.

It's the same for Bray, IMO. The stained wifebeater, open Hawaiian shirt, the beard and fedora, the way he delivers his promos. Smarks can talk about how the gimmick was lifted off Waylon Mercy but let's be honest, who remembers Waylon Mercy? The only people who remember Waylon Mercy are the same ones who cheer for Wyatt because he's entertaining and different from every other superstar. The casual fan will remember Bray Wyatt because you can't confuse him with Cena, Punk, or any other current WWE superstar. NXT acts are hyped for a reason, because a lot of the guys that were hyped before are now quality performers on the main stage.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wow, Emma is completely terrible on every level. If her gimmick is 'someone with about a half hour of training' then she is amazing, though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wow, Emma is completely terrible on every level. If her gimmick is 'someone with about a half hour of training' then she is amazing, though.

I actually watched a couple of her indy matches when they first signed her and thought she was pretty good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually watched a couple of her indy matches when they first signed her and thought she was pretty good.

This is the first I'm seeing of her - maybe it's just the entrance that set the tone for her whole segment but it was bad enough that I thought it might be on purpose.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is the first I'm seeing of her - maybe it's just the entrance that set the tone for her whole segment but it was bad enough that I thought it might be on purpose.

I think it was.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah I'm pretty positive her gimmick is intentionally lame. work-wise she didn't seem worse than any other diva.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Regal read my mind in his Emma reaction. First time I've seen Paige, she seems over.

ChaosSmurf fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 11, 2013

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hamass posted:

It's the same for Bray, IMO. The stained wifebeater, open Hawaiian shirt, the beard and fedora,
This makes it sound like he should be carrying his life-size Rainbow Dash to the ring.

quote:

Smarks can talk about how the gimmick was lifted off Waylon Mercy
As a would-be smark, the first people I thought of were Raven and Sullivan.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
The entire vibe I got off Emma was "dead meat for Paige to loving obliterate" because Paige is cool and should get called up.

Also I'm excited that Skyler Moon/Buggy Nova is doing better and might be back soon so that should be cool. Just give me Paige / Buggy / Dawn Marie as the "She"ld and let them just rip faces off.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaspar Lewis posted:

The entire vibe I got off Emma was "dead meat for Paige to loving obliterate" because Paige is cool and should get called up.

Also I'm excited that Skyler Moon/Buggy Nova is doing better and might be back soon so that should be cool. Just give me Paige / Buggy / Dawn Marie as the "She"ld and let them just rip faces off.

Uh, Dawn Marie??? If anything Skyler Moon just screams Wyatt Family.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I had to stretch to get to three.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
You guys mean Audrey Marie, don't you? I think she was briefly in one of the Wyatt promos.

We also have Davina Rose incoming and Anja still hasn't been on tv yet.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Perigryn posted:

You guys mean Audrey Marie, don't you? I think she was briefly in one of the Wyatt promos.

We also have Davina Rose incoming and Anja still hasn't been on tv yet.

Anya's worked a few house shows and by all accounts she's bad. Really, really, really bad. As in she'd make Khali look like a good worker.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Suben posted:

Anya's worked a few house shows and by all accounts she's bad. Really, really, really bad. As in she'd make Khali look like a good worker.
Shame because her description and credentials made her sound interesting.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Suben posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.

:stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VogeGandire posted:

SDR got her work cut out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I guess Skylar Moon was released too just after coming back from rehab or something.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Welllllllllll poo poo.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Of the four Austrailian women I've seen work in the U.S., she's easily the least talented one. It's kind of baffling that WWE signed her over the others, but she's not awful.

For what it's worth, Madison Eagles wouldn't fit in at WWE at all, and Jessie McKay and Kellie Skater would fit perfectly.

e: I forgot about Shazza McKenzie. I guess she'd be fine? She has a bit of a Mollie Holly thing going for her.

TheHock fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 12, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

VogeGandire posted:

Here's a description of a match she had with Audrey Marie back in October.

quote:

The match went about 5 minutes but it felt 20. The only thing Anya could do right is the boot in the corner. She didn't sell one move. You could see Audrey tell her "give me your leg" so she could do a take down for the finish. When Audrey won, she looked so relieved and Anya just got up and went to the back. No way should she have been in the ring when Paige was right there.

Someone else who was there referred to her as a female Raja Lion.

TheHock posted:

Of the four Austrailian women I've seen work in the U.S., she's easily the least talented one. It's kind of baffling that WWE signed her over the others, but she's not awful.

She's a Lance Storm trainee which is probably why.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
NXTrent :smith:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Suben posted:

Someone else who was there referred to her as a female Raja Lion.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I am so into the Bray Wyatt character. Cajin Charlie Manson is loving gold.

The thing that I always love is that every time he laughs, it seems like he's laughing at a joke that only he gets.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, he's clearly put an absolute tonne of work into his acting skills for this.

Plus he's not bad in the ring. He's got that Vader-esque "No guy that size should be that quick" quality.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bo Dallas was on the Smackdown house show tonight. So that happened. He has horrific red and yellow trunks now.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

njsykora posted:

Bo Dallas was on the Smackdown house show tonight. So that happened. He has horrific red and yellow trunks now.

Bo Dallas, Dallas is America's Team, America = American, red and yellow trunks...

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I guess Skylar Moon was released too just after coming back from rehab or something.
In fairness, how much you wanna bet that "the wrestling life style" wouldn't help a lick?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Skyler Moon's Twitter posted:

My eating disorder is something i have to live w. It's taken away So much frm me, but i was not born to give up. This is just the beginning

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chortles posted:

In fairness, how much you wanna bet that "the wrestling life style" wouldn't help a lick?
Roughly half the divas who end up outside the WWE complain about being harassed by management (Johnny Ace, for example) and I would assume the other half don't say anything because they want to come back some day. I guess thank god that Johnny Ace wasn't doing Talent Relations when Buggy Nova was around or her condition/emotional state would probably be worse.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

January 12, 2013

Damien Sandow vs. Randy Orton

...literally the entire show is this match. I see this as good news.

January 10, 2013

Miz vs. Tensai
PTP vs. Brodus & Zack

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"That wasn't a clothesline, that was a bloody lariat, son. Saito Suplex!"

William Regal just became my favourite commentator ever.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

who does the voiceovers for the Saturday Morning Slam recaps? I hate him. the way he talks reminds me of Kris Kloss from XPW and WSX.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

"That wasn't a clothesline, that was a bloody lariat, son. Saito Suplex!"

William Regal just became my favourite commentator ever.

They should seriously have him on Smackdown or Raw. Or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I've heard that some people don't hate JBL's commentary. Can anyone explain that?

• Locked thread