Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

I guess sometimes Yahoo! Answers posters have to take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I won't do it because I'm not an idiot, but I really really really wanna sneak a cat into my no-pet apartment.

:(

I miss having kitties.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Can't leave you guys alone for a minute, I swear.

I'm insisting that we dig up the old bird's grave and move him to a different spot rather than let his gravesite be disturbed by the construction around the house. This is because I killed that bird on accident and I don't think I'll ever get over it, ever, so I guess I'm an insane bird lady now. I mean, there can't be anything left of him since it's been over a year, but still. Good thing we buried him with a plastic jingly ball so I'll know which bit of dirt to be irrationally sentimental about.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

My aunts dog was laying with her face under my snuggie, and I farted. I dutch ovened the dog and I don't feel bad.

Kinda feel guilty about having a snuggie though.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
I hold Ringo's food bowl over his head for a minute or so at dinner time, just so I can listen to him bitching at me to feed him and watch him turn into a ball of fluff. Serves him right for starting to complain two goddamn hours before his feeding time. I also occasionally sneak up on him with the dustbuster just to scare the poo poo out of him with it.

He refuses to sleep on my bed because of the amount of times I've accidentally kicked him in the face, usually after he bites my feet for no apparent reason.

benjai
Jun 26, 2007
Batman tends to zoom through the apartment and jump up on the cat tree and WHAM! Straight into the window. He always looks so awfully indignant afterwards too, like he can't understand this happened AGAIN.

And me and my roomie laugh our asses off every single time.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Superconsndar posted:

Dog park confession: As much as I poo poo on dog parks, I secretly kind of wish there was one here just so I could take Frankie. He's too dumb to get screwed up by lovely dog interactions, and when he gets mad at other dogs he reacts by putting his butt on them, so he's like the safest dog park dog ever. We had one where I used to live and I would take him occasionally just to watch him freak out the other dogs with his existence and it was fun.

At least I can still take him to my mom's and let him play with Gumbo, so he gets a break from tip-toeing around Moses every once in a while.

I think Asa and Frankie would have the worlds best doggie play date. She's cute, but socially retarded around other dogs. Seriously so. She's like the kid at the playground who pees on the slide and then sits in a corner eating her own boogers. But drat does she love to pretend she's a real dog ;P

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

malcriada posted:

One of my cats names is nigga

Are you H.P. Lovecraft?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I'm a horrible cat owner.

Simba Cat hates being startled. There's no reason for him to be so nervous but if he's doing something and there's even a slight noise directly behind him he will jump ten feet into the air. Guess what I love to do, especially when he's staring out the window at squirrels? After I do it he just stares at me moodily while I laugh my rear end off.

Nightstar Cat is the youngest one, she's only two months old. My 5 month old daughter's room is the warmest room in the house and I let Nightstar in there to sleep at night. The boy cats are both banned, but she's my little kittygirl and I'm such a horrible person.

But I'm meanest of all to Teddy Cat. He is 10 lbs of lump and my son will pick him up every night and force him to sleep with him. I don't stop this behavior because Teddy should scratch him and run off if he wants it to stop (like he does in any other situation with my son.) Teddy just lays there looking pitiful and meeping. Oh well dumbass, get up, he's already asleep! Teddy also sleeps on the stairs and I will punt him each and every morning if he doesn't move because gently caress you, move. I tied jingle bells to his tail in December and he ran around startled and confused until he fell down the stairs and hit his head against the wall. I also do this to him almost daily:

I'm not actually that sorry.

Khelmar
Oct 12, 2003

Things fix me.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Can't leave you guys alone for a minute, I swear.

I'm insisting that we dig up the old bird's grave and move him to a different spot rather than let his gravesite be disturbed by the construction around the house. This is because I killed that bird on accident and I don't think I'll ever get over it, ever, so I guess I'm an insane bird lady now. I mean, there can't be anything left of him since it's been over a year, but still. Good thing we buried him with a plastic jingly ball so I'll know which bit of dirt to be irrationally sentimental about.

You'll have a nice little birdy skeleton left unless something dug it up.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bash Ironfist posted:

My aunts dog was laying with her face under my snuggie, and I farted. I dutch ovened the dog and I don't feel bad.

Kinda feel guilty about having a snuggie though.

My dog has the worst farts ever. I have no reservations about farting on him every chance I get.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Pope Mobile posted:

My dog has the worst farts ever. I have no reservations about farting on him every chance I get.

Ya... I'm guilty of this... my dog deserves it that poo poo. He will run by us while farting and stink up a whole room without batting an eyelash (which he has and my wife thinks its adorable)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
When my dog farts, I point at him accusingly and he rolls over in shame.

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I always bring plastic barriers to put between cages during chicken shows because A lot of people bring sick or parasite infested birds, when they ask me why I do it I just tell them its because I dont want them fighting with their neighbor birds and getting hurt. Sometimes I sneak in and line the floor between them with food grade Diatomaceous earth. Im turning into some kind of crazy person.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
My cat is on the sofa. He's quite close to the back so I tried leaning on him as though he were a cushion. He barely noticed.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

He stares at me with this long-suffering air the whole time.

I used to do this with Clawdia, and now do it with Sheila, while making motor noises: BBBBBBBBBpppppBBBBRRRRMMMMMSCREECH....

Mini-Me was too fat to do it with.

I also ask Sheila what kind of an animal she is, and whatever one she meows at me on is what she is for the rest of the day. She was a horse the other week.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

My cat is on the sofa. He's quite close to the back so I tried leaning on him as though he were a cushion. He barely noticed.

Sometimes when Leela is being really demanding, I flop down on the bed and force her to be my pillow.

Absolute Evil
Aug 25, 2008

Don't mess with Mister Creazil!

Our "tv" room is where we have our 2 computers and desks with our tv on the wall above one of them. We pretty much sit solely in our computer chairs. My cat, Elmer, loves to sit on the back/top of my chair. He's my pillow. I keep telling him if he expects me to share my chair and take up space on my headrest while doing so, then he becomes my headrest by default. He agrees that that is acceptable. To get back at me, he sleeps on my head at night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

RazorBunny posted:

Sometimes when Leela is being really demanding, I flop down on the bed and force her to be my pillow.

I do this as well. Whenever my cats are being really needy and bothering me for attention, I'll hug them and put my head on them. Then when they struggle I'll yell "BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED?!"

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Khelmar posted:

You'll have a nice little birdy skeleton left unless something dug it up.

Nope, the bones decomposed too. It's been down there for more than a year and I imagine the soil is chock full of worms and nematodes and fungi and whatnot. I moved him (that is, his jingly ball and some dirt from above it) to down next to the gas meter.

Today I got a little misting bottle to mist Novolo. She fled in fear from it. I ran after her cackling and squirting away. I am the worst bird owner.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

God, I always feel really guilty whenever I get angry at my cat for some reason. Because logically, I really *shouldn't* get angry at her, but sometimes it's just too much.

I had to spend almost the entire day at home today, and usually this is totally fine and I like hanging out with the kitty while I work or whatever. But she was just driving me crazy all freaking day - constantly refusing to settle down, meowing and getting my attention like she wanted something when I had just fed her five minutes ago, thoroughly cleaned and switched out her kitty-litter a half hour ago, been giving her plenty of attention all morning including tiring her out with extra playtime... and yet she decided that it was prudent to jump on and off the coffee table repeatedly and pretending to settling down only to startle and get up and scamper off mrowing with her fat butt wiggling behind her into the other room as if a bomb were about to go off... only for her to slowly walk back into the room just 3 minutes later and look up at me questioningly, "can I sit with you up there I'll be good this time..." And then the whole thing repeats.

It was the late afternoon when she did this for at least the 9th or 10th time, but I happened to be on the verge of falling asleep with my eyes closed and when she rushed off for no reason at all she happened to knock a half-full cup of hot tea (british style tea with milk and sugar) all over me and the table and my phone behind her with her back feet. Phone turned out okay (iphones are surprisingly liquid resistant!) but I didn't know it then, and I was just apoplectic with fury at her doing this again when I really thought she'd settled down and spilling this beverage as well (which is something she just never ever does she is usually really considerate about this stuff for a cat) in addition to waking me up from semi-consciousness by spilling hot liquid on me and I just kinda lost it.

I mean I didn't hurt her or even touch her, but I freaking YELLED at her and actually chased/menaced her into the bedroom. When she pathetically tried to hide behind the curtain and only hid the front third of her body, but she was still obviously very scared and seeking refuge, I felt... so, so so so so awful. I actually started crying. I could not believe I had gotten that angry with her, I really did not think I had it in me. So I plied her with treats and tried to make peace and she was more or less fine with it, and I mean... Right now it's bedtime and she's curled up in her usual spot between/on my ankles. So I don't know. I am glad that she doesn't feel too bad about an incident like this.

Callietron
Jan 11, 2011
I have a very dumb cat. I'm probably not helping him get smarter when I positively reinforce the dumb behavior just because he's so cute. But seriously Mooshi, why do you walk into the wall every morning?

With that said, I think I (with my boyfriend's help) accidentally trained my cat to roll over in defense. Sometimes we like to play-chase Mooshi so he can get some exercise... But he'll just flop down and roll over - and it's so cute that we rub his belly. Now, he just rolls over all the time.

When there's a zombie apocalypse, my cat will just roll over and get nommed. And it'll be my fault.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

kaworu posted:

God, I always feel really guilty whenever I get angry at my cat for some reason. Because logically, I really *shouldn't* get angry at her, but sometimes it's just too much.

I had to spend almost the entire day at home today, and usually this is totally fine and I like hanging out with the kitty while I work or whatever. But she was just driving me crazy all freaking day - constantly refusing to settle down, meowing and getting my attention like she wanted something when I had just fed her five minutes ago, thoroughly cleaned and switched out her kitty-litter a half hour ago, been giving her plenty of attention all morning including tiring her out with extra playtime... and yet she decided that it was prudent to jump on and off the coffee table repeatedly and pretending to settling down only to startle and get up and scamper off mrowing with her fat butt wiggling behind her into the other room as if a bomb were about to go off... only for her to slowly walk back into the room just 3 minutes later and look up at me questioningly, "can I sit with you up there I'll be good this time..." And then the whole thing repeats.

It was the late afternoon when she did this for at least the 9th or 10th time, but I happened to be on the verge of falling asleep with my eyes closed and when she rushed off for no reason at all she happened to knock a half-full cup of hot tea (british style tea with milk and sugar) all over me and the table and my phone behind her with her back feet. Phone turned out okay (iphones are surprisingly liquid resistant!) but I didn't know it then, and I was just apoplectic with fury at her doing this again when I really thought she'd settled down and spilling this beverage as well (which is something she just never ever does she is usually really considerate about this stuff for a cat) in addition to waking me up from semi-consciousness by spilling hot liquid on me and I just kinda lost it.

I mean I didn't hurt her or even touch her, but I freaking YELLED at her and actually chased/menaced her into the bedroom. When she pathetically tried to hide behind the curtain and only hid the front third of her body, but she was still obviously very scared and seeking refuge, I felt... so, so so so so awful. I actually started crying. I could not believe I had gotten that angry with her, I really did not think I had it in me. So I plied her with treats and tried to make peace and she was more or less fine with it, and I mean... Right now it's bedtime and she's curled up in her usual spot between/on my ankles. So I don't know. I am glad that she doesn't feel too bad about an incident like this.

Dude i scream at my dogs for that poo poo like 24/7 and im not sorry

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

My boyfriend and I threaten my dog with being "put in to a stew pot" every time he's an rear end to us. Mainly because Bailey hates water, but also because the phrase, "Do you want to be made into Bailey stew?" gets him to wag his tail.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
I skip food once a month for a day to clean up the "system", you'd be suprised what comes up, but alot of people might not agree with this method. I belive it is healthy tough, sin or not.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

wtftastic posted:

My boyfriend and I threaten my dog with being "put in to a stew pot" every time he's an rear end to us. Mainly because Bailey hates water, but also because the phrase, "Do you want to be made into Bailey stew?" gets him to wag his tail.

My wife and I discuss, at length, the methods best used to prepare our cats for roasting and which ones would be most appropriate for certain occasions.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My smoker holds up to 35 lbs of meat, so I know how I would prep any of my critters if I decided to eat them.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.
I routinely threaten to get Q-Ball stuffed and use him for an end table. There's a taxidermist right down the street, too...

RazorBunny posted:

My smoker holds up to 35 lbs of meat, so I know how I would prep any of my critters if I decided to eat them.

If you make rat jerky, dibs. :chef:

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.

Uxzuigal posted:

I skip food once a month for a day to clean up the "system", you'd be suprised what comes up, but alot of people might not agree with this method. I belive it is healthy tough, sin or not.

As in, you don't feed your animals one day a month in some weird way to flush toxins from their systems?

I mean they can all go a day and be fine I'm sure but the extension of taking pseudoscientific quackery like those "cleanse" things and forcing them on animals is pretty :psyduck:, especially since it's just one day?

I mean sometimes I forget to feed Sarabi but I freely admit that's just me being a lovely pet owner (and she always has access to dry).

VoodooSchmoodoo
Sep 15, 2007

What's that there, then? Oh.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like holding my conure in my fist and zooming him around in the air in figure eights and dramatic dives and making plane sounds. NNNNEEEEYYYOOOOWWWWW

He stares at me with this long-suffering air the whole time.

I do something like this with my tortoise, except he's a Luftwaffe pilot:

SCHNELL! SCHNELL! LINKS! LINKS!
BADADADADADADA (machine gun fire)

He doesn't much care for it but is safe from me at the moment on account of him being in hibernation. Don't worry, I won't do it to him directly when he wakes up - then he gets a nice warm bath and a relax in front of the fire until the weather gets warmer.

I also developed the Bum Wash Trap for one of my cats - place a wide, shallow dish of water on the ground and dangle an enticing toy on the other side of it.

He likes water, so he didn't give a gently caress but it made me laugh.

Edit: I'd like to add the Elvis and I recreate the Battle of Britain only about once a year and I'm careful not to jiggle him about too much.

VoodooSchmoodoo fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 18, 2013

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Since i moved house the 7 cats have got on amazingly well, but two of my cats have remembered their bad habit from kittenhood and started pissing in the bath again. I wouldn't mind but it soaks the floof on their back paws then they track pissy catprints through the house.

So last night i filled the bath with about 3 inches of cold water and waited ...I was rewarded with splashes over the evening and soggy grumpy cats - only problem is the water looked distinctly yellow this morning so the cold bath failed to deter them :(

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Uxzuigal posted:

I skip sanity once a month for a day to clean up the "system", you'd be suprised what comes up, but alot of people might not agree with this method. I belive it is healthy tough, sin or not.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
MUST. OWN. EVERY. REPTILE. I. SEE.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I skip sanity once a month for a day to clean up the "system", you'd be suprised what comes up, but alot of people might not agree with this method. I belive it is healthy tough, sin or not.

Sanity? :confused:

Amy freaked last night at circle and bolted out the door when she spotted A Guy Behind Her. This was the same guy who'd been on the floor getting kisses not twenty minutes earlier. Since I'm used to her being retarded in general, I tend to stare at the dog when we walk. Unfortunately, I was a whole leash behind her as we were going through the steel door. She whipped around the corner of the door and BANG, CRUNCH, my wrist goes numb as I desperately try to dive out the door after her so that wouldn't happen. Everyone gasps and I start swearing up and down, grab the dog one handed, drag her to the car and lock her in. She spent the rest of the night being really upset, ears shaking, tail between her legs because she thought I was super mad at her because I really, really bellowed at her about it.

My wrist is incredibly colorful today and hurts like crazy when I try to support anything on that hand (to the point that my fingers spasm and I drop whatever it is) so she hosed up something really good. And I feel bad about upsetting her over it all. She spent like half of the morning with her head on my knee with these giant sad eyes. :saddowns: I made dog sad.

Captain Foxy posted:

MUST. OWN. EVERY. REPTILE. I. SEE.

I know a place that's probably going under that has a bunch of cresties for sale~

E: My wrist is super cracked. Awesome! Rest and more rest for me.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2013

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Sanity? :confused:

Amy freaked last night at circle and bolted out the door when she spotted A Guy Behind Her. This was the same guy who'd been on the floor getting kisses not twenty minutes earlier. Since I'm used to her being retarded in general, I tend to stare at the dog when we walk. Unfortunately, I was a whole leash behind her as we were going through the steel door. She whipped around the corner of the door and BANG, CRUNCH, my wrist goes numb as I desperately try to dive out the door after her so that wouldn't happen. Everyone gasps and I start swearing up and down, grab the dog one handed, drag her to the car and lock her in. She spent the rest of the night being really upset, ears shaking, tail between her legs because she thought I was super mad at her because I really, really bellowed at her about it.

My wrist is incredibly colorful today and hurts like crazy when I try to support anything on that hand (to the point that my fingers spasm and I drop whatever it is) so she hosed up something really good. And I feel bad about upsetting her over it all. She spent like half of the morning with her head on my knee with these giant sad eyes. :saddowns: I made dog sad.

Go to the doctor. That's a sprain, at the very least.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Doctor. It'll be more expensive in a few weeks when you still can't use your drat wrist and it's halfway healed wrong. Just get it over with.

Callietron
Jan 11, 2011
Sometimes, we throw our cat. He likes it.

Lately, my boyfriend has been using Mooshi as a free weight for exercise. Mooshi just hugs onto his arm and enjoys the sights.

I may have the most laid back cat in the world.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

daggerdragon posted:

Go to the doctor. That's a sprain, at the very least.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Doctor. It'll be more expensive in a few weeks when you still can't use your drat wrist and it's halfway healed wrong. Just get it over with.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the hospital, no worries.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

InEscape posted:

I mean sometimes I forget to feed Sarabi but I freely admit that's just me being a lovely pet owner (and she always has access to dry).

Man, if I ever forgot to feed the cats for a day (which, since they sit and yell at me for hours demanding to be fed would be pretty drat hard), I imagine I would wake up in the middle of the night with a cat chewing on my arm. They both so desperately want to be :btroll: but I won't let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
Yesterday, Indy was acting kind out of character - she kept licking things. First it was the condensation on the window in the morning, then it was the bottom of the shower. I had to shoo her out of the bathroom sink in the evening. Finally as I was going to bed I had to stop her from drinking the water out of a dirty dish in the kitchen sink.

At which point I noticed her water bowl, still sitting in the drying rack from where I washed it the night before, and forgotten to refill it and put it back on the floor. Poor cat was just thirsty and I kept scolding her instead of taking the hint. :(

• Locked thread