Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm thinking this team probably sucks. There are some good relievers, but they're all 3mil or more, under that and it's pretty bleak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I didn't sniff the playoffs, but Slidin Billy sure did steal a few bases

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ArtVandelay posted:

932 PA? Holy lol

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
'00 billy was a pansy

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

ArtVandelay posted:

What kind of defense did you get from this? Specifically in reference to Slidin' Billy Hamilton the Catcher

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

What kind of defense did you get from this? Specifically in reference to Slidin' Billy Hamilton the Catcher

Catcher Billy made 35 errors, caught 83 out of 558 stealing!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

ArtVandelay posted:

Catcher Billy made 35 errors, caught 83 out of 558 stealing!

He had 508 passed balls, how on earth could you leave that out

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I want to get in on the next two man band league, any idea when it'll run?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gardenald posted:

I want to get in on the next two man band league, any idea when it'll run?

I'll probably set the next one up after the world series.

Edit: tdoak also wants to set up a 2 man band with no hall of famers, so there might be 2 of these leagues at the same time, unless I decide not to do it again. Tim Raines will run roughshod over that league.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 10, 2013

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
This is one of the stranger prospect profiles I've seen (17m ifa)

Needless to say I'm hoping someone else spends way too much money on him.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Finally made a team for Devo's league.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Bob Shabazz posted:

Same.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

who were your captains?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Gaylord/Rickey/Edgar, seasons were locked to the strike years

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Bob Shabazz posted:

Heh, Montanez

I wonder if anyone got a captain they put into the pool

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

my captain choices were all cool as heck unlike loving la marr hoyt i wish the fucker who stuck hoyt in the pool had been stuck with him

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Sure is gonna be weird to see Jack Morris probably pitch really well

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i wish the fucker who stuck coleman in the pool had been stuck with him

I'm looking at you, Senor Foolish.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Zamboni Jesus posted:

who were your captains?

Montanez/Seaver/Lofton, gently caress Willie Montanez.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I don't think I've posted my team yet. I'm not in love with it at all but I wanted to get it done fairly quickly so I could get a league number out.

Captains were Cedeno/Gura/Walker

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010

AlleyViper posted:

I'm looking at you, Senor Foolish.

It seemed like it'd be kinda boring if all the captains were of the good horse variety. I guess I expected this to be more common...

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i talked about this briefly on irc, but would there be interest in a pre-expansion rule v league (i.e. 1901-1960)? it would obviously have some kinks to be worked out compared to the regular rule v and would by definition only be able to be 16 teams.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i talked about this briefly on irc, but would there be interest in a pre-expansion rule v league (i.e. 1901-1960)? it would obviously have some kinks to be worked out compared to the regular rule v and would by definition only be able to be 16 teams.

I am very interested in doing this at least once.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm in it too if you're running it

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

foolish_fool posted:

It seemed like it'd be kinda boring if all the captains were of the good horse variety. I guess I expected this to be more common...

You weren't the only one. Let ZJ tell you about the wonders of La Marr Hoyt.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

That sounds like a v good idea. Montanez was as close to a "bad horse" as I was willing to go, didn't want to completely screw someone over.

Sorry devo, I'll def have my team in tomorrow. My computer picked this week of all weeks to be a big jerk to me.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

No worries. You're not the only one who hasn't entered. Unfortunately it's a pretty toothless deadline without a waiting list.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Well that's a relief. Now I just feel like a procrastinating idiot rather than a huge piece of poo poo.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Zamboni Jesus posted:

Can I just draft a team and let someone else run it?

Kidding, I'll play.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i'll wait until devo's league gets rolling a bit then

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

uublog posted:

That sounds like a v good idea. Montanez was as close to a "bad horse" as I was willing to go, didn't want to completely screw someone over.

Sorry devo, I'll def have my team in tomorrow. My computer picked this week of all weeks to be a big jerk to me.

Well Montanez is basically $5M of deadweight since I already got forced into someone else who can play CF

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Count me in for R5 but I'm so going to gently caress up protects.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
Rule 5 is fun I will try it.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

yeah absolutely.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The last three stragglers in Random Captain are all goons.

Y'all are slackers :colbert:

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

i was like the 3rd person to enter my team :colbert:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Say hello to my terrible team. Captains are Bench, Reuss, and Galarraga.

I'm still thinking about making some changes before these stragglers come in.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Got a pretty rad reliever in the OL I just joined:

Ended up being 2012 Jacob Turner. Was hoping for better but he'll be pretty useful.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Devo posted:

The last three stragglers in Random Captain are all goons.

Y'all are slackers :colbert:

Yeah I'm having a frustrating as heck time putting together a team I don't hate, sorry. Well I also put it off way too long after you posted captain assignments but that's besides my point. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

Yeah I'm having a frustrating as heck time putting together a team I don't hate, sorry. Well I also put it off way too long after you posted captain assignments but that's besides my point. :(

As was I. As it is, I hate my pitching staff. I can't build a pitching staff without using almost 50mil, so I just decided to go with Billingham.

• Locked thread