Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Mad Hatter has tea all day. Including 4pm.

Even though it's 6 to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Miyamoto Musashi posted:

I'd ugh too because it makes no sense. All the nonsense words in Jabberwocky have definitions, courtesy of Lewis Carroll. Brillig means "four o'clock in the afternoon — the time when you begin broiling things for dinner." Not exactly the sort of thing I'd think important to advertise on a movie poster.

4-o'clock in the afternoon..... awfully close to the time when the people that poster is advertising too might be having a little fun.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

By Michele Rosenthal

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Why is that ugh worthy? Because you were too dopey to get it?

yeah that's exactly why, thanks for pointing that out, where would I be without you :rolleyes:

e: dick

sorry I was too dopey to get that you were a dick at first, I figured it out though

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

homerlaw posted:

By Michele Rosenthal

I positively hate that movie, but I would gladly buy and display that poster.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

homerlaw posted:

By Michele Rosenthal

Chaosreigns.gif

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

homerlaw posted:

By Michele Rosenthal

Not enough critters

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

homerlaw posted:

By Michele Rosenthal

Now someone has to die.

crankybastard
Jan 4, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

Not enough critters

Better?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Has this been posted yet? While there is nothing really awful about it, it's not very eye catching either. Looks like a DTV DVD artwork. Also people pointing Bow and Arrows at you is starting to become cliche. Also Travolta looks a little bit like a video game character.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Well, if you can't point a gun on a poster any more...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mister Chief posted:

Year of the Bow 2: 2012's Revenge.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

The NFL just "shot down" our Bullet to the Head TV Spots. All of them. Because of the title.

Welcome to the age of Gunmania.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

kiimo posted:

The NFL just "shot down" our Bullet to the Head TV Spots. All of them. Because of the title.
Well perhaps there shouldn't be movies that glorify extreme violence. Perhaps you're marketing a bad product that does nothing but contribute to the decay of society by numbing young people to the very real effects of violence.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

casa de mi padre posted:

Well perhaps there shouldn't be movies that glorify extreme violence. Perhaps you're marketing a bad product that does nothing but contribute to the decay of society by numbing young people to the very real effects of violence.

Perhaps stfu.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

casa de mi padre posted:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

casa de mi padre posted:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

casa de mi padre posted:

How dare you sir I will not stand for the besmirching of a fine cultural cinematic phenomenon such as Bullet to the Head.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

How dare you sir I will not stand for the besmirching of a fine cultural cinematic phenomenon such as Bullet to the Head.

Bullet To The Head is probably a bad movie. But it being a bad movie has nothing to do with "BUT WHAT IF KIDS SEE IT AND THEN WANT TO PUT A BULLET IN SOMEONES HEAD OH MY GOD THINK OF SOCIETY!?!?!?!?!"

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

TheJoker138 posted:

Bullet To The Head is probably a bad movie. But it being a bad movie has nothing to do with "BUT WHAT IF KIDS SEE IT AND THEN WANT TO PUT A BULLET IN SOMEONES HEAD OH MY GOD THINK OF SOCIETY!?!?!?!?!"

I also have a hard time believing that people who aren't already in their mid-20s or older (and who watched 80s action movies as a kid) will want to see a Sly revival movie. In this particular case, I think the kids will be fine.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Kiimo, when I saw the Bullet to the Head trailer, I noticed that there were a lot of shots of Stallone posing and pointing guns at things, but unlike the trailer for The Last Stand, he was pretty much always either sitting or standing still. For this reason I suspect Sly does little to no actual action in the movie. Did you intentionally give me this impression? Royal "you."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Stallone is in The Last Stand? Are you sure you're not mistaking him for Arnold Schwarzenneger? I know it's easy to mix the two up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Look man we did what we could and I'll leave it at that. I think if you expect much more than posing and pointing guns at things you're missing the point of what it is. This was Joel Silver's last film before he was booted off the WB lot so take from that what you will.

That said, Cobra and Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot! didn't drive people to violence and neither will this. It is an unfortunate title though for the timing I must say. And between that and the situation with Gangster Squad I've felt pretty peculiar about the whole issue.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Gangster Squad situation?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
"Gangster Squad" was supposed to come out in September, but was delayed because there was a scene in it where the gangsters shoot their way out of a movie theater, and this scene was shown in a trailer that was pulled right after the Aurora shooting. Reshoots were done so that they could cut that sequence and not have it effect the plot.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Gangster Squad situation?

There was a scene in the Gangster Squad trailer where a bunch of dudes are shooting up a movie theater. And then the Aurora movie theater shooting happened.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming its not so much worrying about people emulating the movie and more the fact that we're barely a month out from a mass shooting and the NFL doesn't want even a whiff of the idea that they endorse gun violence.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Miyamoto Musashi posted:

I'd ugh too because it makes no sense. All the nonsense words in Jabberwocky have definitions, courtesy of Lewis Carroll. Brillig means "four o'clock in the afternoon — the time when you begin broiling things for dinner." Not exactly the sort of thing I'd think important to advertise on a movie poster.

For real? I've always assumed (and I'm guessing the makers of the poster did too) that Brillig is just "brilliant," as in: "it was a brilliant day in the slithy groves."

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That would just be brill.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

casa de mi padre posted:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sadatay, my dammies.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of bullets in heads, this was a great movie that never got a poster it deserved, IMO.

First, there's this new dvd cover, which is clean and easy enough on the eye, but tells nothing about the movie and in fact makes it look like a generic gangster flick:

This one looks like a VHS cover, but despite conveying a different theme, it's too busy and generally ugly

Rambo: Hong Kong

This Thai poster manages to cram everything important in it, but I think it mostly makes it work while looking pretty nice:

And this final one is probably one of my favorites along with the previous one. There are helicopters, explosions, and a Mexican standoff!

And then, there's this:

:stare:

lappey
Apr 13, 2007

The Laughingstock Of The Internet
Speaking of Bullet to the Head, I'm in charge of poster placement at my Cinema, and I decided that this was a good idea:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

lappey posted:

Speaking of Bullet to the Head, I'm in charge of poster placement at my Cinema, and I decided that this was a good idea:

The Skyfall poster should go on the left.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Written and directed by Louis C.K.!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Nihonniboku posted:

Written and directed by Louis C.K.!

Don't remind him about it.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
Thinking is hard, here's a poster.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Android Bicyclist posted:

Stallone is in The Last Stand? Are you sure you're not mistaking him for Arnold Schwarzenneger? I know it's easy to mix the two up.

I'm saying Schwarzenegger is a lot more dynamic and active in his trailer, even if he's a little stiff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

casa de mi padre posted:

Thinking is hard, here's a poster.

The movie so big it needed two taglines.