Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

You should have seen the reptile thread when rapunzel (or was it rango) came out and petco was running a coupon on veiled chameleons. It's still really depressing to think about what probably happened to all those animals. Same for clown fish and nemo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
"VERY RARE" L@@K

Can this guy even possibly sell puppies for these at 2 grand a piece? Pounds in Tulsa are full of two dogs, pit bulls and horrifying chihuahua mixes. Considering the shelters don't even have a shortage of chi puppies, I can't imagine this BYB has a compelling sales record.

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Mirthless posted:

"VERY RARE" L@@K

"He won't last long at this price!" Or any price, for that matter.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
When a rare dog like this pisses himself constantly and eventually dies because his organs are too squished together and misshapen to be functional, it's not a fault, it's a feature. Micro dogs with micro lifespans. Think of all the money you'll save on food!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
He's the puppy that will die long before he reaches maturity stay a puppy!

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
But he's ""MICRO""! The more quotation marks involved, the more people will pay, right?!

Yeah, the "puppy that will stay a puppy" line seems unintentionally ominous. :smith:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

That reminds me of those 'teacup' pigs or what ever the gently caress it was. My aunt wanted one, and I had to explain that it was just a baby pig, and would get big. Real big.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Anyone need a :siren:GREAT:siren: stud Dachshund?

You, too, can adopt a 4 1/2 year old, unfixed mismark Daschund for only 100 dollars! He might not be housebroken yet (his unchained spirit has to run wild and free) but don't worry - he's registered with America's Pet Registry, Inc!

Ferretinachariot
May 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure this belongs here. I lost it at breeding females.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
My brother's girlfriend has two unfixed female dogs (a chihuahua and rat terrier) that are still intact purely because she "might want to breed them and sell the puppies one day". Both dogs are around five.

So I might have a Craigslist post of theirs to share one day. :negative:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Ferretinachariot posted:

I'm pretty sure this belongs here. I lost it at breeding females.

All ferrets are illegal in California, fixed or not, male or female. What a dumbass.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

Serella posted:

All ferrets are illegal in California, fixed or not, male or female. What a dumbass.

...why?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Some bullshit about apparently ferrets will get out and kill all wildlife forever if they are pets.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Superconsndar posted:

Some bullshit about apparently ferrets will get out and kill all wildlife forever if they are pets.

Kind of except past tense. Some species of songbirds were basically wiped out in cities where lazy shits got tired of scooping poop and said "Welp gonna release 'em into the wild."

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

ButWhatIf posted:

Kind of except past tense. Some species of songbirds were basically wiped out in cities where lazy shits got tired of scooping poop and said "Welp gonna release 'em into the wild."

I've never actually seen this anywhere before. Do you have a source for it? I'd be interested to read it since the reason is always listed as "they could wreck the natural ecosystem/kill native wildlife," but never as it having happened in the past.

Also, it's a stupid reason considering outdoor cats are not illegal and they do real harm to native songbird and small animal populations. v:shobon:v

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ButWhatIf posted:

I'm sure all the other predators had nothing to do with it and it was literally only released pet ferrets that destroyed the species. Then again, this is about as logical as I expect any pet ban to be.

Also:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Hermit crabs are my favorite reptiles. :allears:

Miss Bean
Jun 5, 2005

Don't spill the beans!!
If you don't have time for hermit crabs, what DO you have time for?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Miss Bean posted:

If you don't have time for hermit crabs, what DO you have time for?

Perhaps you have seen my ads for exotic pet rocks? They're low maintenance, will never judge you, and will defend you from your enemies... provided you throw the pet rock at them as encouragement to attack. They'll also hold doors open for you.

Part of me wonders if there's serious ads like this.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

The rare black and tan Wolf hybrid.
ninja edit: Also 7 weeks old is totally old enough for rehoming!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to share these lovebirds being accosted by a giant ghostly head.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

A thing of nightmares! :gonk:

That one brave bird is trying to look into the eyes of God.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Pew! Pew! posted:

I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to share these lovebirds being accosted by a giant ghostly head.

Jesus is just blessing them, its cool yo.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
I'm pretty sure that one bird is saying 'come at me bro' to Jesus.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Thousand-yard stare:

Hopefully if someone is willing to shell out the small $150 adoption fee, they'll be willing to shell out for a groomer. :smith:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Thousand-yard stare:

Hopefully if someone is willing to shell out the small $150 adoption fee, they'll be willing to shell out for a groomer. :smith:

Emails with questions do not get replies? The gently caress?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Captain Foxy posted:

I'm pretty sure that one bird is saying 'come at me bro' to Jesus.

He better be loving careful. Jesus gets mad angry over that kind of poo poo.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!

Uhm... I'm gonna guess they think albino just means 'white'.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Every cat is a Bengal cat

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

"i just can't have two pitbulls fighting that is not what these dogs are for"

Also hey great that you're rehoming the older dog that you've had longer over the new one, or you know, attempting to prevent your dogs being loose together because of the apparently amazing fact that two male pits will fight.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Lmao, I would love to know what they are for

It's just funny because I can't think of anything in the world easier to manage than same sex dog aggression in pits. "Okay, you guys don't get to play together anymore." Wow job done!!!

I am glad he is rehoming the cool one and not the blue one because maybe the cool one will go to someone who isn't retarded.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

Lmao, I would love to know what they are for

It's just funny because I can't think of anything in the world easier to manage than same sex dog aggression in pits. "Okay, you guys don't get to play together anymore." Wow job done!!!

I am glad he is rehoming the cool one and not the blue one because maybe the cool one will go to someone who isn't retarded.

He's going to go to a rescue lady who will call him her son, after the other six sons she also has, which are all Good Dogs and Don't Fight and they were all Bait Dogs and so was he probably.

This guy has spent the last several months getting a stockpile of reptiles, rodents and, I believe, birds. At one point he was advertising that he was caring for 80+ animals in his home every day (this was weeks ago and I can only assume there's lots more). The ASPCA will do nothing because there are no laws regarding the limit of non-dogs/cats/livestock you can have on your property at any one time, and all the animals have food and water when they've checked.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nemos-furry-and-exotics/541817559179685?ref=stream is his facebook (which I will happily remove if POK or khelmar or whomever wants it off). He says his house is a 'petting zoo'.

I'm not all "oh you have too many animals" at people if it's all healthy, but the guy seems kinda nuts since he's still asking to take in animals for 'small rehoming fees'. He's also feeding live because "too many snakes won't eat frozen" :downs:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This guy has spent the last several months getting a stockpile of reptiles, rodents and, I believe, birds. At one point he was advertising that he was caring for 80+ animals in his home every day (this was weeks ago and I can only assume there's lots more). The ASPCA will do nothing because there are no laws regarding the limit of non-dogs/cats/livestock you can have on your property at any one time, and all the animals have food and water when they've checked.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nemos-furry-and-exotics/541817559179685?ref=stream is his facebook (which I will happily remove if POK or khelmar or whomever wants it off). He says his house is a 'petting zoo'.

I'm not all "oh you have too many animals" at people if it's all healthy, but the guy seems kinda nuts since he's still asking to take in animals for 'small rehoming fees'. He's also feeding live because "too many snakes won't eat frozen" :downs:

Oh geeze, he's selling green iguanas. My iguana would have been over six feet long if he hadn't lost the last foot of his tail sometime before I got him five years ago. These are not small reptiles and can be very dangerous (my guy has bitten through a leather jacket). I really hate seeing stores and hoarders with iguanas.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

The ball pythons. The 5 or so ball pythons kept in the same container and one with so much stuck shed, gently caress. :negative: And the rats, too. Everything is bad.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Well that is the most hellish thing I've seen today. Lol @ the video of him spinning a live rat by the tip of its tail until it was all hosed up rather than just whacking it. Why yes, I do feed live!!!!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

That is certainly the first person I'd go to if I wanted to rehome small mammals, yes. Or for the boarding he advertises. I'm sure he never gets mixed up about which rats go to the snakes...

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
I really, seriously don't know what to make of this. What do you think?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Amberlyn posted:

I really, seriously don't know what to make of this. What do you think?

This is a thing. Crazy fat women love it.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Translation: "We are sick of our old dog with his old dog problems. Someone else deal with it"

Just euthanize the poor thing at this point :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

cryingscarf posted:

Translation: "We are sick of our old dog with his old dog problems. Someone else deal with it"

Just euthanize the poor thing at this point :(

I wonder though, if it's more that they can't bear to deal with seeing him die...whether it's putting him down or having him die naturally...and so they want to pass him on to someone who will see that through while they keep hold of the good memories only.

This occurred to me only because my sister, whose faithful companion for 15 years was a tiny little Yorkie. She had to move out of state, and took that opportunity to leave the dog with her adult daughter who tended to him till he had to be put down several years later. It was, on my sister's part, her recognition that she wasn't sure she'd have the courage to put him down when he was at that point, whereas her daughter would, and also just wanting to go on kidding herself that her dog was alive long past the point where it was possible.

I'm not saying it's right, or appropriate, or whatever else. Just that some people are like this.

• Locked thread