Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Ententod posted:

I know right? While not as dreamy as Yeltsin, Gorbachev was acceptable too:

I sadly couldn't find a larger picture of him with hair. Wonder if he even knew about that pattern on his head before it started falling out.

I'll be darned.

(I saw the update to this thread and told my husband in passing "huh, Yeltsin was kind of a good-looking guy way, way back when." He said "Pff, the next thing you'll tell me is Gorbachev used to be a hottie." Who knew?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Ententod posted:

I sadly couldn't find a larger picture of him with hair. Wonder if he even knew about that pattern on his head before it started falling out.
There's a good chance that the hair growing out of the birthmark was a different color. My brother has a port wine stain birthmark on the back of his head, and the hair that grows out of it is white, rather than the reddish brown the rest of his head is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Let's see how well this holds up:

Click here for the full 2576x3776 image

Well I'll be darned.

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008
I bet you can't find a young hottie brezhnev...

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Source says it's Brezhnev in 1936:

Eh.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.
In the theme of hot young Russians, how about Tolstoy?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

My Flickr favourites is a mix of adverts from the past and a few historical hotties :)

Loretta Young (1930s) by shanghai Іily [deleted], on Flickr

Maria Litto by Truus, Bob & Jan too!, on Flickr

Brigitte Helm by Truus, Bob & Jan too!, on Flickr

Veronica Lake (1941) by shanghai Іily [deleted], on Flickr

Nicole Maurey by Truus, Bob & Jan too!, on Flickr

and for the ladies...

Francis Huster by Truus, Bob & Jan too!, on Flickr

Carl Möhner by Truus, Bob & Jan too!, on Flickr

James Mason by Truus, Bob & Jan too!, on Flickr

Dante Badodi, fotografo e cineoperatore di Reggio Emilia. Vecchi negativi by Ioffas, on Flickr

:haw:

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

:stare: This guy looks like the bastard lovechild of Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Ah, James Mason :allears:

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Source says it's Brezhnev in 1936:

Eh.
Oh, he fits in this thread. :colbert:

So do these two:

Stephen Crane, author of the Red Badge of Courage

Nellie Bly, pioneering journalist and adventurer

radioactivemongoose
Dec 27, 2006
High Voltage Rodent.
Young Vincent Price was quite handsome. And I've always loved his voice.

Dapper:

And a little rugged:

:swoon:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
All of Janice Dickinson's original parts were gorgeous:

Elizabeth Taylor's first husband, Conrad Hilton. Builder of empires and progenitor of idiots.

Louise of Mecklinburg-Streltz (sp?)

and last, but definitely not least, Nijinsky :swoon:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I've always liked Jackie Kennedy.

Lady was such a total loving bookworm. And even in the most distressing moment of her life...

:drat:

Lemon Cello
Sep 2, 2011

you're posting...
This thread (and me) needs an infusion of classic rock. They count as historical, right?

Mercury never did anything for me personally, but you can't deny that the man was pretty sexy when he performed.

Bowie is stretching the definition of classic, but you can't leave him off any list.

Robert Plant, the Golden God himself.

I don't mind glasses-and-beard-and-Yoko Lennon, but he was absolutely adorable in the Hard Day's Night days.

Sure, the Monkees don't fit in with the rest of these bands, but I like 'em anyway. Tork was a pretty great musician and, in my opinion, much cuter than Jones. But if we're talking about the Monkees...

My heart will always belong to Mike Nesmith :allears:

Pickled Foetus
Jan 20, 2009
Princess Fawzia Fuad of Egypt was pretty smokin':

She's still alive, but probably doesn't look like that anymore.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pickled Foetus posted:

Princess Fawzia Fuad of Egypt was pretty smokin':

She's still alive, but probably doesn't look like that anymore.

Goddamn! She looks like Vivian Leigh, doesn't she?

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Louise Brooks has been mentioned a few times already, with good reason. She made that bob haircut popular and I'll always be a sucker for it.

I've always thought Paulette Goddard was exceptionally beautiful too.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Lemon Cello posted:

My heart will always belong to Mike Nesmith :allears:

As it rightly should.

And while we're on unusually attractive men from the 60s, let's not forget Dick Van Dyke.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

working WW2 babes

:love::love::love:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Christoff posted:

working WW2 babes

Queen Elizabeth II

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

As long as we're on World War 2:

Noor Inayat Khan. :allears: Indian-American-French spy in Britain's Special Operations Executive in WW2. Her biography is my favorite book, she was an extraordinary, heroic woman. Not hard on the eyes, either.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Jackie chan.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Buster Keaton was a cutey. Such big doleful eyes. :allears:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Ooh, let me tell you about French troop movements! :swoon:

Mata Hari.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Imgur is giving me fits...but drat you guys all have good taste.

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012
Voltaire was posted, I am pleased.

I've always had a thing for Catherine the Great, maybe it has to do with the sexy power she would wield later on in her life, but she also quite the looker as a youth. I can imagine her in in a silky red dress, sitting on a purple velvet couch, reading Machiavelli with her seductive eyes.

"Snip" (Madame Adélaïde) was pretty hot too, I guess.

Even Francine Penny Patterson was a looker in her day!

Darmvlinder
Jan 14, 2013
If recent history is okay, I always thought Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane had something special. A natural yet unusual beauty, I guess.

William Bear posted:

Ooh, let me tell you about French troop movements! :swoon:

Mata Hari.

I believe she was Dutch.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

She's probably been posted in this thread before, but Jospehine Baker is my favourite:

As is the tragic miss Frances Farmer, who Nirvana wrote a song about :

And finally, Jackie Susann. Look at those pins! Here she is with her husband, Irving, for whom she was most likely a glamorous beard:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

djwetmouse posted:

Here are some more Silent Movie stars.

Musidora

Don Alvarado

Elinor Fair
She was married to cowboy actor, William Boyd. While filming a scene for the DeMille film The Volga Boatman, Boyd's character professes his love for Fair's character. However, what audiences were not aware of (due to The Volga Boatman being a silent film) was that Boyd was actually proposing for real, and that Fair accepted in character and on screen.

Musidora's image there hasn't left me since I first saw it posted, I've been busy with school but have been biding my time to do a "hotties from history" ink series. I just had to sketch her today though:

Can't wait till I have enough time to start the actual series

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

This cutie's name is John Hay, he was Abraham Lincoln's secretary. Apparently he was quite popular with the ladies and gifted at telling funny stories.

A little Jean Harlow? Why, it isn't even my birthday!

Silmarildur
Jan 30, 2005

Thats what I'm Tolkien about.

Xander77 posted:

Let's see how well this holds up:

Click here for the full 2576x3776 image

Well I'll be darned.

I think the hair is what drew me to this Soviet leader in particular. I once got a haircut in Moscow from what was essentially an elderly lady and the photo instantly reminded me of the bizarre top heavy look I sported. Fortunately mine wasn't quite as pronounced.

Why do all communist leaders end up fat trolls while American ex-presidents are only maybe a little chubby and just look burnt out? What will Putin look like at 75?

Andropov later on:

Silmarildur has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Jan 16, 2013

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I know Her Majesty has been mentioned at least once before, but hubba hubba!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Danish actress Helle Virkner :swoon:

Her wry little smiles, and oh man that voice just does something to me. I've always had a major thing for her.

She really was something else (in Danish, obviously). Incidentally, Poul Reichhardt is also in this scene, he was quite a looker back in the day as well. And so intense in his acting.

And then there's Ghita Nørby...

Absolutely stunning.

Actually, I'd like to add Shelley Duvall here, as well. She's woefully under-appreciated.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 18:07 on Jan 18, 2013

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

KozmoNaut posted:

Actually, I'd like to add Shelley Duvall here, as well. She's woefully under-appreciated.

I thought I was the only one, my friends always look at me like I've got several heads when I say she was attractive.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Silmarildur posted:

Why do all communist leaders end up fat trolls while American ex-presidents are only maybe a little chubby and just look burnt out? What will Putin look like at 75?

Something like:

Coffee And Pie posted:

I thought I was the only one, my friends always look at me like I've got several heads when I say she was attractive.
He, uh... picked one hell of a photo to make his point.

She looks a bit like a young Gali Atari actually.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Coffee And Pie posted:

You are not alone

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's her eyes, they're extremely expressive. Which is obviously a very good thing for an actor.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
I have always thought Shelley Duvall was completely adorable, I'm glad there are other people out there who appreciate her too :3:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
On the WW2 working women theme.

Don't know who she is, but I've always loved that layer of grime on her.

Leila Khaled, member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, freedom fighter and current member of the Palestinian National Council.

Last one is kind of an odd choice. I've always had a fascination with the painting of John Brown in the National Portrait Gallery. It just oozes wild eyed charisma.

Lemon Cello
Sep 2, 2011

you're posting...
Going with the theme of my other post, I just got my tickets to see (1/2 of) these dudes and I remembered how much I love them. So without further ado:

The original golden god - Robert Plant's got nothing on him.

Keith Moon was adorable, before the effects of being Keith Moon happened.

Entwistle was a good-looking dude and an incredible musician. The man wore a leather skeleton suit, you gotta have respect.

Pete Townshend was pretty. Even with the schnozz :colbert:.
Speaking of music history hotties I forgot about in my last post, kicking myself over this one:

Oh, Jimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel-Ernest
Jun 3, 2011

Such dreadful things should not be said even in fun.
I really like that John Brown picture; it does have a lot of personality. It looks more like a children's book illustration than a presumably-1800s standard portrait.

Anyway, POET TIME

Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath.

Frances Ellen Watkins Harper, whose name is miswritten in this picture.

Photos of W. B. Yeats don't really float my boat, but he's pretty dashing in this portrait his dad painted.

Delmore Schwartz had a depressing life and wrote depressing, good poetry.

• Locked thread