Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Inspired by The Bugle Podcast.

Post your favourite attractive and/or alluring historical figures.

Henry VIII of England

Yes, he went downhill towards the end, and there was all that unfortunate business with the executions, but as a young man he was tall, athletic, clever, and who doesn't love a bad boy?

Pierre Curie

Co-discoverer of radium, has his own unit named for him and was a devoted family man. Shame he hadn't learned to look both ways.

Haile Selassie I

The last Emperor of Ethiopia and considered divine by Rastafarians. Really cracked down on slavery. Looked amazing with a beard.

Cesare Borgia

Horrible human being. Possiby incestuous. Definitely murderous. Knew how to wear a hat.

Who are your hotties from history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
John Wilkes Booth was a hot little number.

TheKracken
Oct 16, 2011
This entire site is amazing: http://bangabledudesinhistory.blogspot.com.au/

These mugshots were taken by Sydney police in the 20's. These guys had style... So much style in fact, that Ralph Lauren has just based a collection on them.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Everyone else goes on and on about Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, but I don't think any of them were anywhere in the same league as Hedy Lamarr. Edit - Not just an actress, but one of the inventors of spread spectrum technology.

TremorX has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Apr 12, 2012

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011
Classic historical hottie:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

TremorX posted:

Everyone else goes on and on about Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, but I don't think any of them were anywhere in the same league as Hedy Lamarr.

It's HEDLEY!

To contribute, Charlotte Bronte was quite the looker.

Beer_Suitcase has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Apr 12, 2012

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Grand Duchess Tatiana

Will stab you and steal your car keys. Mainly because of what happened to her entire family.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Look at that flowing mane, look at that protruding chin, blood that flows like water, from a family so beautiful they couldn't accept the beauty of any other onto their loins.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Lewis Powell

One of the people hanged for the Abraham Lincoln assassination conspiracy.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Sophie Scholl. Member of the White Rose anti-Nazi resistance group in Munich. She was executed for distributing anti-Nazi flyers. Tragic, noble heroine and total cutie.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Rembrandt Peale. I've always had a thing for sexy science-nerd boys who wear glasses. ;-*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

King Ludwig II of Bavaria

Went a bit mad, built fairy tale castles, patron of Wagner, died in mysterious circumstances. Hotty.

Lizzy I

She was a very pretty young thing before she rubbed all that lead into her face. Far more attractive than her father.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Amelia Earhart - the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Always thought Czar Nicholas II was a bit of a looker.

I mean, how many people could pull this off?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

hyperhazard posted:

Something about his eyes is just creepy; its like he's not really all there.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

hyperhazard posted:

He looks a bit like a young Stephen Fry, and yes I agree he is a total looker!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

stefania_r posted:

Good gracious.

I admit to being a Camille Desmoulins fangirl, from the French Revolution. Not all portraits are quite as flattering as this, though:

His wife Lucile:

And sometimes he and this guy were bestest buddies:

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

hyperhazard posted:

You mean King George the Fifth, right?

They were cousins. Also, Wilhelm looked pretty much the same as well, but I couldn't find their family photo where its like "Holy poo poo clones :stare: "

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Grace Kelly

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Suleiman the Magnificent, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. Look at that motherfuckin' hat and tell me it doesn't get you all hot and bothered.

His Huerrem Sultan, Roxelana, wasn't too bad either.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Lobsterboy posted:

They were cousins. Also, Wilhelm looked pretty much the same as well, but I couldn't find their family photo where its like "Holy poo poo clones :stare: "
Holy crap. That's bizarrely similar for cousins. :aaa:
Family reunions must have been awesome.

Farecoal posted:

Something about his eyes is just creepy; its like he's not really all there.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
This is an awesome thread, but can people actually tell us the names of the people they post? There's some that I think I might recognize, but have no idea.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Soong May-ling, looked good well into her fifties, shame about getting involved with a petty, corrupt wannabe fascist for the sake of power.

:swoon:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Zelda Fitzgerald seemed like she was a lot of fun. Too bad about the schizophrenia. But being around F. Scott Fitzgerald probably does that. From what I've read she could be sharp as hell and an artist herself, but it's hard to build your own reputation when your spouse is responsible for The Great Gatsby.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Whenever I'm playing a Civilization game I always notice how while they're not outright making the women "Sexier" they do definitely take liberties with their beauty. Exception I've found is Isabella of Castile

Hell most accounts of people who met her couldn't shut up about how gorgeous she was:

quote:

• Fernández de Oviedo: "To see her speak was divine."
  • Andrés Bernáldez: "She was an endeavored woman, very powerful, very prudent, wise, very honest, chaste, devout, discreet, truthful, clear, without deceit. Who could count the excellences of this very Catholic and happy Queen, always very worthy of praises."
  • Hernando del Pulgar: "A very good woman; exemplary, of good and commendable customs... nothing incomplete was ever seen in her personality... her works were never badly done, her words were never poor ones" ; "She had great moderation in her movements and in the expression of her emotions... her self-control extended to dissemble the pain of labor, to not say nor show the grief that in that hour women feel and show" ; "Very chaste, full of honesty, never demonstrating dishonesty."
  • Ferdinand, in his testament, declared that "she was exemplary in all acts of virtue and of fear of God."
  • Fray Francisco Jiménez de Cisneros, her confessor, praised "her purity of heart, her big heart and the grandness of her soul".

I also thought Mao's last wife Jiang Qing was pretty as well, which considering she was an actress before becoming a revolutionary makes sense.

Shame about being crazy as hell tho.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lobsterboy posted:

I seem to recall some story where the two swapped royal outfits when they had a meeting together to gently caress with their staffs but I can't find a reliable source for it. Do you have any information on that?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Sean_Miller posted:

John Wilkes Booth was a hot little number.

This is the truth. He was, at the time, considered to be one of the greatest actors of his generation and a sex symbol. It would be like if you woke up today and George Clooney or Brad Pitt had shot Obama. It must have been insanely surreal to experience first hand.

Also, Kim Il Sung was quite an attractive and personable man. Its how he was able to build such an insane cult around himself (that his son then systematically ruined):

El Estrago Bonito has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Apr 13, 2012

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This girl from the Republican side of the Spanish civil war :allears:

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Alexander Hamilton was pretty sexy, truth be told. Maybe some of it has to do with the fact that he was also a financial badass.

He's even hot on our money!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ava Gardner. *wolf whistles while tugging at collar*

zzttaozia
Aug 26, 2009

suck it down

Jean Seberg

Audrey Hepburn

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008

Che Guevara.

Communists are quite good at being hot.

By the way, here's Kaiser Wilhelm, the "other" cousin:

He's the most handsome of the three, and was also the gayest, and the craziest, and the stupidest.

And the dapperest. His male descendents still look exactly like him to this day.

Rasler has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Apr 13, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Theda Bara -- A sexy size 14 and very pre-Hays Code.

Theda as Cleopatra (:nws: in case).

Orkiec
Dec 28, 2008

My gut, huh?
It hasn't been updated in a while, but I think it should be put here. My Daguerrotype Boyfriend

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

khwarezm posted:

this to the max.

Camus

Wittgenstein

JFK

Also, L'Inconnue de la Seine is worth bringing up. More kind of haunting than hot, though.

snucks has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Apr 13, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Rasler posted:

By the way, here's Kaiser Wilhelm, the "other" cousin:

If I had lived then, I would have been more into politics. :allears:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Descartes after my hartes

Just look at that eyebrow. Could charm the pants off any clergy.

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

ekuNNN posted:

This girl from the Republican side of the Spanish civil war :allears:

I'd have joined her International Brigade if you know what I mean.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

stefania_r posted:

Saying this as a completely straight dude, Stalin may have been a mass murdering sociopath, but he was pretty loving stunning looking too. All the way to the old age too (looking at you Tito, Castro, and Mao...wait, no Mao was always ugly).

Oh, and if anyone wonders why George, Nicholas and Wilhelm looked how they looked, look no further:

Those are some pretty great genes to have rolling around in your DNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

Alexander Hamilton was pretty sexy, truth be told. Maybe some of it has to do with the fact that he was also a financial badass.

He's even hot on our money!

Came here to post this! What a good looking motherfucker.

Have this instead:

A russian sniper chick from WW2. No idea of the name. :swoon:

• Locked thread