Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Can I have someone too, then? I'll give you Cliff Lee for him.

I was gonna engage in a real trade with him but he traded everyone I could use :saddowns:

CraigK fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
I know! If the Bloggers accept this blatant player dump, then they have to face the Macho Men with their existence on the line no matter what at the end of the season! Kind of like a Faustian Bargain.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just putting this in the main thread so I can look to it after the expansion cup.

Team Name: (Middle of) Nowhere Men (in Gauze)

Home City: Nowhere, Kansas

Home Stadium: “The Slab” (Shea Stadium)
(Give me the dimensions and playing surface if it's a custom stadium)

DH Preference: I hear they let cheaters in the no-DH league, so give me one of them.

30-Man Roster, Lineups, Rotation:
(Bottom of Post)

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: +1
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -1
Trying for extra bases: +3
Stealing Bases: -5
Aggressively Tagging Up: -1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +2
Giving Intentional Walks: +1
Pitching Around Good Hitters: +2
Bringing the Infield In: -1
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: 0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +2
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 0
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: -1
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +2
My Team’s Roster
1B Carl Yastrezemski 1969
2B Bobby Doerr 1949
SS Vern Stephens 1949
3B Wade Boggs 1988
LF Mike Greenwell 1988
CF Reggie Smith 1969
RF Dwight Evans 1988
C Carlton Fisk 1969
DH Ted Williams 1949
Bench Dom DiMaggio 1949 (Platoon)
Bench Rico Petrocelli 1969 (Platoon)
Bench Johnny Pesky 1949 (Platoon)
Bench Jim Rice 1988
Bench Rick Cerone 1988 (Personal Catcher for Boddicker and Lee)
(Rotation is also this)
SP 1988 Roger Clemens
SP 1988 Bruce Hurst
SP 1988 Mike Boddicker
SP 1949 Mel Parnell
SP 1969 Bill Lee
RP 1969 Sparky Lyle
RP 1988 Lee Smith
RP 1988 Bob Stanley
RP 1949 Tex Hughson
RP 1988 Dennis Lamp
RP 1949 Ellis Kinder

Minors:
1 1949 Joe Dobson
2 1969 Jim Lonborg
3 1949 Earl Johnson
4 1988 Oil Can Boyd
5 1988 Ellis Burks

Lineup:
3B
1B
2B
DH
SS
LF
CF
RF
C

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

PLATOONS! PLATOONS UNTIL THE END OF MY PITIFUL EXISTENCE!
Quentin to minors; Werth up; Werth-Roberts in for Averill-Morgan at the end of my lineup vs. LHP

As questionable a vote of confidence as that is... saw the trade offers from a couple folks, not inclined to deal Averill for a marginal rotation upgrade. Just don't want to burn him out with meaningless ABs against lefties when he's so useful in the two-hole against righties.

CraigK posted:

their existence on the line ... at the end of the season! Kind of like a Faustian Bargain.
Yep, I'm pretty screwed! :downs: (I suppose I should be rooting for anything that weakens Gauntlet competition, but something something integrity of the game.)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Could someone let me know if this trade happened or didn't happen? Assuming it hasn't, tatanka, if you're still interested in dealing let me know on IRC.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Expansion Cup VIII Preview: Now With 100% More Divisions!

McQueen League

Larkin Division
So named for one half of the duo that led the comeback that resulted in the return of the Lombard St. Gumshoes, the Larkin Division is sure to provide for plenty of close games.

The Catastrophes are an odd bird. If their young pitching staff lives up to its potential, they'll contend for the division and perhaps even the league crown. If it doesn't... well, the Catastrophes will definitely live up to their name.

As this is my team, I asked for somebody else to give the Taters an objective overview. Here's Catastrophes owner Monathin's take:

"No matter how many times you mash a Potatoe, you just get Mashed Potatoes. To that end, the Potatoes have once again come back, in a slightly mushier favor, to try their hand at the Super-League."

... :ughh: do I have to do everything myself? Alright, in my honest assessment I think I did pretty good for picking through the leftovers for balance reasons. The lineup got some lucky rolls, I've got the Saint Mark Bellhorn, but I'll be the first to admit my bullpen may be the death of me yet.

GrickleGrass, that sound you hear is Smasher plotting your demise for being yet another team from Florida. Then again, when the lowest rating on your starting lineup is an 84, you might actually have something going.

Mornacale posted:

Jason Conti :stonk:

Yes. There's the fact that Jason Conti, a career 72 OPS+ outfielder, has a spot on the bench over an admittedly old Stan Musial sitting in the minors. But apart from that one questionable roster decision, the Beard Leaguers look decent on paper. In practice? We'll just have to wait and see.

It'd be easy for me to say "your bullpen makes me a sad panda" and leave it at that. But it's a little early for me to start phoning things in, so I'll also say that Bill Skowron may be the dead weight in your 1B platoon if he doesn't live up to his potential roll.

Barreta Division
So named for the man several dozen wrestling fans on Twitter have been trying to find for ages, asking the eternal question: "Where's Trent?" Well, as of this writing, the unemployment line. Hopefully the teams in this division don't face the same fate...

cbx has been around a few times, and it shows in how solidly constructed the Cougars are. However, Bill Henry may not be setting any records in that bullpen any time soon.

Lou Brock is not the DH you are looking for, MooseOnTheLoose.

The bench is a bit shaky, but otherwise this looks to be another verse of "good in the EC, underperform in the SL."

Bill Lee looks to be a weak link in your rotation. Good thing he's not caught by Fisk, who also rolled a bit on the low side.

So remember when I said the Manatees had an impressive lineup because their low rating was an 84? The lowest rating on Walney's starting lineup is an 89.

Taggart League

Downing Division
So named for the second half of the duo responsible for the return of the Lombard St. Gumshoes.

Mike Hargrove is a weak spot, but otherwise I'm not seeing too much to bitch about yet.

Dave Engle and Paul Schaal may not be starter material.

Everybody has a price... and for the right price, maybe I can nudge all your younguns closer to their potentials, because holy poo poo do you have a lot of people underperforming their potential.

Probably one of the top bullpens in the league.

Sele Division
So named because the phrase "Hall of Fame vote-getter Aaron Sele" can be uttered without a trace of sarcasm.

Not one but TWO perfect 100 rolls in your starting lineup. :catstare: I think we found the top offense in the Cup, guys.

Paul Gillepsie is probably not the best choice at catcher. We'll see how the first month goes, though.

Yeah, you have Mariano Rivera at closer. But with Paul Quantrill and Jim Acker getting unfavorable rolls, the Sandman may not get too many chances to prove why he's pretty good at what he does.

You have the lowest rated Jamie Moyer out of all the Moyers that made it into the class.

Additionally, your request to bring back Denny Rainwater is still working its way through the bureaucratic red tape. Check back later.

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 13, 2013

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Mornacale posted:

Could someone let me know if this trade happened or didn't happen? Assuming it hasn't, tatanka, if you're still interested in dealing let me know on IRC.

I both doubt it did and hope it does not! The Elephants are in it until the bitter end.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

kw0134 posted:

Garciaparra was filling in my SS slot, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with McCovey/Cepeda. I'm going to put Kent in absent any trades, but I'd be interested in seeing what you'd do with Davenport/Hart + some pitcher or something.

Well, Davenport can play your entire infield except 1B, and I have this Art Fletcher who has some insane defensive fielding stats... 93 Arm and 100 Range, but he's not gonna light your offense on fire. 90 Contact, only 67 Power. If you're looking for probably the best defensive shortstop in the EC, this would be the guy. Granted, that's like saying the fastest kid at the Special Olympics is good for your team, but it honestly is what it is.

As far as pitchers go, I have a 1915 Rube Marquard, Sailor Stroud, Rube Benton, or a 1965 Warren Spahn available. Spahn is old but he could be a 5th starter/Long Reliever. All the deadballers roll pretty well for me consistently, with Stroud probably the loser in the bunch. I've also got 1938 Tommy Bridges in his prime... an innings eater, but one with 3 good pitches and a spitball.

I've got some flexibility, so just let me know where you're most direly staffed, and I'll see if I can help.

By the way, what year is this Nomar?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

tatankatonk posted:

Trade Proposal!

San Juan Elephants get:
?? Babe Ruth

Seattle Suicides get:
'43 Stan Musial
'58 Jim Bunning

No. Who recommended this trade to you? Was it The Goog? I bet it was The Goog.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Pungry posted:

No. Who recommended this trade to you? Was it The Goog? I bet it was The Goog.

Give me your Babe Ruth!! I'll stop at nothing until he's in my clutches

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

quote:

Everybody has a price... and for the right price, maybe I can nudge all your younguns closer to their potentials, because holy poo poo do you have a lot of people underperforming their potential.

Better have a bad roll now then in the Super-League proper... although it figures that once I try to not go for older players due to how Collins and Cobb turned out for the Emperors my younger players would underperform. If all else fails I'm just going to create the Million Dollar Super League Championship Belt and call myself a champion. :colbert:

Afterall Money isn't everything. It's the only thing. :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

The assistant GM responsible for the Conti move has been sacked. Swap him and Stan "the man" Musial please.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

dubsteppin posted:

The assistant GM responsible for the Conti move has been sacked. Swap him and Stan "the man" Musial please.

What would you be looking for in a trade for the baby Bob Gibson in your feeders?

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Grinnblade posted:

Expansion Cup VIII Preview: Now With 100% More Divisions!

Not one but TWO perfect 100 rolls in your starting lineup. :catstare: I think we found the top offense in the Cup, guys.

I didn't even know 100 was a possible thing, and now 2? :aaaaa:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

theacox posted:

I didn't even know 100 was a possible thing, and now 2? :aaaaa:

Usually it only happens for Babe Ruth, occasionally Ted Williams.

Guess it happened for Gehrig, too.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

gingemidget posted:

What would you be looking for in a trade for the baby Bob Gibson in your feeders?

pitching is always welcome

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

dubsteppin posted:

How about 1919 Hippo Vaughn for 1960 Bob Gibson? Career 119 ERA+, lead the majors in innings pitched along with a 160 ERA+ that year.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

dubsteppin posted:

You mean like... Bob Gibson? He's one of the greatest ever, he's probably worth a shot

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

You mean like... Bob Gibson? He's one of the greatest ever, he's probably worth a shot

This is true. But he is rather young, so it's a risk on my side vis à vis Mogul's treatment of him. With that in mind, I'd be willing to give up a package of my first-round Super Draft and third round Dispersal Draft picks for him.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Hahaha, Jesus Christ.

Anyway, send down Giles to recover, Beltran covers right, bring up Chet the Jet to be the bench outfielder.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Grinnblade posted:

Lou Brock is not the DH you are looking for, MooseOnTheLoose.

Any suggestions?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mooseontheloose posted:

Any suggestions?

Probably 1902 Ralph Orlando "Socks" Seybold.

Lots of doubles, doesn't strike out, OK patience, and you're not giving up anything in the field. Consistent as hell, too.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sorry about the Packers Smasher :(

Here are my lineups for next week. Drop Munson to AAA and put Spud Davis is his spot against left handers. Also drop Rivera to AAA and set up the bullpen like this.

CL: Wetteland
SU: Garber
SR: Reed
SR: McGraw
MR: Pettite
LR: Mussina

RHP

2B Collins
DH Boggs
RF Jackson
CF Murcer
3B Schmidt
1B Killebrew
LF Simmons
C Posada
SS Jeter

LHP

2B Collins
DH Boggs
3B Schmidt
1B Killebrew
LF Simmons
RF Wells
CF Maddox
C Davis
SS Jeter

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

No, it's fine! You've reminded me of my duty to my team, Smasher. I have to face this with dignity and poise.

Can't believe I missed that the first time.

Hey Grinn:

If there is time or when you get a chance here is my new position roster.

C: Ted Simmons 1979 Cardinals
1B: Keith Hernandez 1979 Cardinals
2B: Nap Lajoie 1902 A’s
3B: Bobby Bonilla 1988 Pirates
SS: Gary Templeton 1979 Cardinals
LF: Barry Bonds 1988 Pirates
CF: Andy Van Slyke 1988 Pirates
RF: Elmer Flick 1902 A’s
DH: Socks Syebold 1902 A’s

Bench: Rafael Belliard 1988 Pirates
Bench: Lou Brock 1979 Cardinals
Bench: Harry Davis 1902 A’s
Bench: Sid Bream 1988 Pirates
Bench: Ken Reitz 1979 Cardinals

Batting Order:

1. Elmer Fleck 1902 A’s L
2. Nap Lajoie 1902 A’s R
3. Keith Hernandez 1979 Cardinals L
4. Barry Bonds 1988 Pirates L
5. Ted Simmons 1979 Cardinals B
6. Andy Van Slyke 1988 Pirates L
7. Bobby Bonilla 1988 Pirates B
8. Socks Syebold DH 1902 A’s R
9. Garry Templeton 1979 Cardinals B

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

mks5000 posted:

Sorry about the Packers Smasher :(

We're going to play a new game. It's called 'the next person who mentions football in this thread gets their best player broken'. I promise you guys that it's the most fun game ever.

Ready...set...and GO!

The All-Star Update will be up in a few hours.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

We're going to play a new game. It's called 'the next person who mentions football in this thread gets their best player broken'. I promise you guys that it's the most fun game ever.

Ready...set...and GO!

The All-Star Update will be up in a few hours.

Would I be ok mentioning Bolton? I mean, to you guys it's soccer, right?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League VIII All-Star Series

First the reserves and pitchers from the Dynamo League, selected by DL Manager The Merry Marauder...

C: Johnny Bench (Dubai Dervishes)
IF: Joe Cronin (Oneida Mighty Spooners)
IF: John McGraw (Cancun Tornados)
OF: Ichiro Suzuki (Florida Oranges)
OF: Goose Goslin (Rochester Generics)

SP: Ed Walsh (Oneida Mighty Spooners)
SP: Pete Alexander (Portland Bulldogs)
SP: Deacon Phillippe (Cleveland Unicorns)
SP: Bert Blyleven (Coburns)

CL: Tom Henke (Coburns)
SU: Rollie Fingers ['82] (Fukuoka Finger-Bangers)
SR: Jeff Reardon (Florida Dickshots)
SR: Hong-Chi Kuo (Cleveland Unicorns)
MR: Jim Kaat (Antarctica Unspecifieds)
LR: Satchel Paige (Rockford Losers)
MU: Old Hoss Radbourn (Web 2.0 Bloggers)

and now...your starting lineup for the Dynamo League All-Star Team!

Batting leadoff, from the Rockford Losers, one of the greatest defensive outfielders of all-time, and the all-time leader in doubles...

LF Tris Speaker

Batting second, the engine of fear, the driver of destruction, he is the force that makes the Fukuoka Finger-Bangers so murderous...

DH Ted Williams

Batting third, he hit a triple crown and spawned an endless debate about the importance of the triple crown statistics, from the hellish pit of cold known as the Antarctica Unspecifieds...

1B Miguel Cabrera

Batting fourth, from the Albany Pessimists, a team without any hope whatsoever...

RF Mel Ott

Batting fifth, from the Elephants who, like all teams from California, are clearly conspiring against the well-being of the Super-League...

3B Wade Boggs

Batting sixth, and beating out Oscar Charleston again because you morons really suck at all-star voting, from the Burma Imperialists...

CF Jim Edmonds

Batting seventh, and proving once and for all that even a thousand sims can't make up for one bad decision, from the Cancun Tornados...

SS Ernie Banks

Batting eighth, the second baseman who has spent the last thirty years denigrating the very advanced statistics that testify to his greatness, from the Dubai Dervishes...

2B Joe Morgan

And batting ninth, from the Web 2.0 Bloggers, a player who is certainly not better than Johnny Bench, except at DUIs...

C Carlton Fisk

And now, from the Smasher League...

First, the reserves and pitchers, selected by SL Manager Cthulhu Dreams...

C: Ernie Lombardi (Finger Lakes Phoenixes)
IF: Cal Ripken (Seattle Suicides)
IF: Mike Schmidt (Hartford Whalers)
OF: Al Simmons (South Bolton Eazy W's)
OF: Barry Bonds (Spokane Air Raids)

SP: Walter Johnson (Cuba Smokers)
SP: Pete Alexander (Saturn Biosparks)
SP: Nolan Ryan (Lombard St. Gumshoes)
SP: Steve Carlton (Ryleh Cultists)
SP: Greg Maddux (Philadelphia Failures)

CL: John Smoltz (Cuba Smokers)
SU: Joakim Soria (Ryleh Cultists)
SR: Dennis Eckersley (Barons)
SR: Mariano Rivera (Hartford Whalers)
MR: Goose Gossage (Saturn Biosparks)
LR: John Clarkson (Barons)

And now, the starting lineup for the Smasher League...

Batting leadoff, the greatest pure hitter than has ever lived, from the New England Arguments...

LF Ted Williams

Batting second, from the Luna Landers, the greatest catcher to play the game, though, due to institutionalized racism, not the Major Leagues...

C Josh Gibson

Batting third, proof that a great outfield does not a great Super-League team make, from the New England Arguments...

CF Mickey Mantle

Batting fourth, the greatest player in human history, and inventor of over forty-five different cocktails containing rye whiskey, from the South Bolton Eazy W's...

RF Babe Ruth

Batting fifth, from the Lombard St. Gumshoes by way of Japan...

DH Sadaharu Oh

Batting sixth, because apparently no one likes Nap Lajoie, from the Oxbridge Mathematicians...

2B Joe Morgan

Batting seventh, even though he really ought to be batting higher that Morgan and Oh, from the Finger Lakes Phoenixes...

1B Lou Gehrig

Batting eighth, and proving that Alex Rodriguez can lead a Super-League team to something other than grim defeat, from the New Orleans Mashers...

SS Alex Rodriguez

And, batting ninth, he's not really a third baseman, from the Philadelphia Failures....

3b Paul Molitor

: And welcome to the 2nd Annual...seasonal...whatever All-Star Series between the Dynamo League and Smasher League All-Stars. I'm Adam Dunn, filling in for Smasher Dynamo who couldn't be here because, according to this note he sent to me...well, it says a lot of things, most of them libelous, probably best to just get on with it.
: Wait! Before we do that, we've got to hear from the world's most adorable sideline reporter, Johnny Hopp! Johnny, what can you tell us about this series?
: ....
: Hey, is this one of those things were he just can't talk outright, or can I not hear him because I lack the innocence of spirit, or what?
: DON'T INTERRUPT JOHNNY HOPP!
: Well, the Smasher League will win Game 1 was the Big Train outduels Ed Walsh. A good matchup, but Johnson was just a bit better.

: Game 2 pits Alexander against Alexander, and Alexander...the Dynamo League one, will win.
: Another clutch victory for the old Skyhawks' Alexander.

: Slugfest in Game 3, but the Dynamo Leaguers will pull through as Fisk hits a game-winning home run.
: This isn't that surprising. Ryan has actually had a miserable season, making CthulhuDream's selection of him to the All-Star Game a bit surprising, and Phillippe is without that good Unicorns' defense behind him.

: Dynamo League wins again, and they have a 3-1 series lead in this best-of-seven series.
: Soria was another odd choice from CthulhuDreams, and that's cost him again.

: The Smasher League wins a narrow one to stay alive.
: It's still an uphill battle for them, though.

: Johnson will tie the series at 3-3 going into a decisive Game 7.
: And looking at Johnson, CthulhuDreams probably cannot help but wonder what has gone wrong with his own Johnson.

: Big error by Cabrera, and the Smasher League will take Game 7, and win this all-star series.
: That has to be frustrating for Marauder, as he likely would have started someone else at first given the chance.

: And with that win, the DH rule will be in effect for all games in the Super-League Finals
: Wait! But that....that would be great for Marauder, who has trouble keeping all of his sluggers in the lineup as it is! In fact, he probably benefits most from this outcome. My god, did Marauder throw the all-star series?
: I don't know. Probably. But there's no rule that says you can't throw an all-star game or games. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're encouraged to. Good night!

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Ha, well, at-least my bizarre choices are retroactively justified. Nolan got his slot for past glories, and Soria, well, originally I wasn't going to use Carlton so Soria would be my mandatory selection. Then I put Carlton in.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Well, at least Fisk gave it his all. :3:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

ForeverBWFC posted:

Would I be ok mentioning Bolton? I mean, to you guys it's soccer, right?

GET hosed DOUGIE

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

UZworm posted:

GET hosed DOUGIE

It's your pick in the SuperDraft :colbert:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

cbx posted:

Well, Davenport can play your entire infield except 1B, and I have this Art Fletcher who has some insane defensive fielding stats... 93 Arm and 100 Range, but he's not gonna light your offense on fire. 90 Contact, only 67 Power. If you're looking for probably the best defensive shortstop in the EC, this would be the guy. Granted, that's like saying the fastest kid at the Special Olympics is good for your team, but it honestly is what it is.

As far as pitchers go, I have a 1915 Rube Marquard, Sailor Stroud, Rube Benton, or a 1965 Warren Spahn available. Spahn is old but he could be a 5th starter/Long Reliever. All the deadballers roll pretty well for me consistently, with Stroud probably the loser in the bunch. I've also got 1938 Tommy Bridges in his prime... an innings eater, but one with 3 good pitches and a spitball.

I've got some flexibility, so just let me know where you're most direly staffed, and I'll see if I can help.

By the way, what year is this Nomar?
This Nomar is 2004.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

UZworm posted:

GET hosed DOUGIE

Owch! Palace fan?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

ForeverBWFC posted:

Owch! Palace fan?

Indeed! (Though honestly, I'm good having Holloway in Dougie's stead.)

Also, uh, Spooners pick 1986 Willie Hernandez.

On that note, shoot Hrbosky into the sun, put Hernandez in the Set-Up spot in my bullpen and send Syl Johnson down.

Updated Pitching for Oneida this week:
SP1 Ed Walsh (R)
SP2 Johan Santana (L)
SP3 Frank Smith (R)
SP4 Doc White (L)
SP5 Pedro Martinez (R)

LRP Earl Whitehill (L)
MRP Dan Quisenberry (R)
SRP Mike Gonzalez (L)
SRP Bert Cole (L)
SU Willie Hernandez (L)
CL Tom Henke (R)

UZworm fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 14, 2013

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Updating Script, 18 man teams edition, for the EC

:siren: Note: To use, set your screen resolution to 1366 x 768 :siren:

A) Captures Overview, Pitching and Lineup screens for all teams in the league

B) Feeds all the images into Rightload so they can be uploaded to Lpix, enabling one click uploading

C) When you've finished uploading it lets you copy a skeleton post for use on SA.

Installation Instructions

Install AutohotKey from here: http://www.autohotkey.com/
Install IRFanView from here: http://www.irfanview.com/
Install Rightload from here: http://rightload.org/
Install the Lpix Plugin for Rightload from here: http://lpix.org/rightload_v1.4.2.rar

Put the banners in here: c:\SuperLeagueBannersDiv1\ named like TEAM1-ABANNER TEAM2-ABANNER etc the TEAM#-A bit is the important bit, it could be Team10-Amasthead as long as the TEAM#-A is intact.

You'll have to configure rightload on your own, but it's pretty simple. The script expects all programs to be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ but that's no big thing to fix if you do something else.

:siren: In Irfanview, go

Options -> Capture/Screenshot which will pop up a new menu, on the right side untick the box 'capture mouse cursor'

Go here and get a copy of the script http://pastebin.com/Tf2NWBMX

Create a file on your computer where ever you'd like called Whateveryouwant.ahk

Note: The script will save each update to C:\SuperLeagueUpdateDiv1 and overwrite any files there. BACK UP EACH UPDATE! DO NOT BLAME ME WHEN YOU DON'T AND THE SCRIPT DELETES IT. I WARNED YOU.

Usage Instructions

To use:

Open Baseball Mogul 2013.
Select the top left team on the team select menu
Close as many windows as possible!
Particularly your web browser.
Make sure rightload is closed to
Run the script
While the script is running DO NOT touch your mouse.
When the script has finished running, rightload will popup.
Use the plugin configuration menu to chose a new gallery to upload to.
Press the upload button and go make a cup of coffee
When that's done, press the copy to clipboard button

At the end, you'll have a complete post with all the images in it on your clipboard. Paste this into an SA forum window, your text, and you're done.

Grab me on IRC to discuss, troubleshot and generally debug. I am sure there will be problems. I can also work on adding some features or whatever to help your workload.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Whalers take 1979 Ferguson Jenkins, Stash him in the minors until I see what he rolls.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

kw0134 posted:

This Nomar is 2004.

You're on the draft pick clock.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
In fact, it is you who is on the clock, Cthulu.

With their second round selection, the Losers select 1987 Steve Bedrosian.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Grinnblade posted:

Expansion Cup VIII Poll!

Expansion Cup Owners: It has come to my attention that as the leagues are currently set up, the top record in each league will automatically advance to the Expansion Cup Championship Series (aka the World Series).

I could theoretically divide the leagues into two divisions each (McQueen League's divisions would be 6 and 4, and Taggart League's would be 4 and 4), which would enable us to have League Championship Series.

The question, then, is: Is that something you'd be interested in?

A) MORE PLAYOFFS FOR THE PLAYOFF GODS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

cbx posted:

2004 Nomar. Alright, just starting his injury phase.

So, any thoughts about whom I've offered or any specific player requests?