Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

ragle posted:

Graeme Souness: "Kompany was out of control."

Souness is a joke.

Also, can't decide if this makes Clichy a knob or not, i'm leaning towards not:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Looking at that all I can think is Koscielny saw the football sniper in the stands and is saving Dzeko.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Souness is a joke.

Also, can't decide if this makes Clichy a knob or not, i'm leaning towards not:

Not at all. If they can dish it out they can take it.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Why in god's name was he abused in the first place?

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCsCmJHORU

Samir Nasri takes a stroll along Hornsey Road to the Emirates to watch the game yesterday amongst the supporters. Takes Chamakh for company. WHAT EVER CAN GO WRONG?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Xabi posted:

Why in god's name was he abused in the first place?

theres no S in his name to replace with $

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Byolante posted:

Looking at that all I can think is Koscielny saw the football sniper in the stands and is saving Dzeko.

The ball was about to hit his head, Koscielny saved his life.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

pik_d posted:

Someone put this on the front of the Titanic please

Have this terrible attempt at it

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Springheel Jack posted:

Samir Nasri takes a stroll along Hornsey Road to the Emirates to watch the game yesterday amongst the supporters. Takes Chamakh for company. WHAT EVER CAN GO WRONG?

"Disconosebleed 39 minutes ago
Typical behaviour of Arsenal fans, bunch of swamp mutants."

Well for once the Youtube comments get it spot on.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Springheel Jack posted:

Luvd, please flip your smartphone horizontally next time.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Arsenal fans known for their wit and intelligence...

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Welp, I've definitely stumbled into the #banterzone.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

ragle posted:

Graeme Souness: "Kompany was out of control."

oh god jack's ankle. straight red all day babe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Wilshere slipped over causing his ankle to be like that before Kompany had tackled him.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4L8rgok7lA

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Weekend Wrap-up

Helluva run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRY1nqscuQ

Same match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wlatByAMPE

"Run Welbeck, Run!"

"For my Homies"

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Springheel Jack posted:

when i was younger i used to think i would never sympathise with millionaires, but videos like this just enforce how terrible everyone is

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

People are scum but it was a stupid thing to do.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hur hur hur qualitee.

What a bunch of cunts.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I don't like Samir Nasri, but these kinds of videos where people just try to provoke others into a reaction worthy of legal action then post them up as some kind of triumph, jesus christ

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
That video did what I thought was impossible and improved my opinion of Chamakh. Telling people to show some respect was a grown up and adult way of dealing with a pretty lovely situation. The fans were morons and it was pretty embarrassing for basically everyone involved.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuGimCjG4Xw

Dogs are awesome :woof:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

luvd posted:

People are scum but it was a stupid thing to do.

Perhaps but it's a sad indictment of the modern game and football fans that this is the case. There's already enough disconnect between millionaire footballers and the fans who pay to watch them, it'd be nice if footballers could do normal things like walking to the game without fans of other teams feeling they're fair game to be subjected to idiotic abuse that will only serve as justification for leaving to Nasri. I can't help but think that all the anger and ire would be better directed at other sources than players for daring to move on to clubs where they're more likely to succeed and earn more, two things which apparently everyone but modern footballers are allowed to do.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

:3:

Smarf
Mar 21, 2004

Arsehole!!!!
It's made worse because Nasri remained fairly professional throughout the whole of that summer, even played for us that season. He's not the most likeable of people, but the abuse went too far.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Smarf posted:

It's made worse because Nasri remained fairly professional throughout the whole of that summer, even played for us that season. He's not the most likeable of people, but the abuse went too far.

Nasri didn't do anything wrong that summer, it was only after he moved he started to become really unlikable by saying stupid things in interviews (which he later apologized for). Apart from that he never released any bullshit "update for the fans" like Van Persie or refused to play like Fabregas did.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Basically I think Nasri got some abuse he didn't really deserve, he reacted to that badly and made some stupid statements in the press which made him an actual "Hate Figure", now he regrets it a bit and is trying to make amends (I believe he recently came out with glowing praise for Wenger) but he still has to put up with people abusing him for going to watch a game/trying to drive around.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?
still one of the best goal celebrations ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwEGQccSPmw

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

My favourite thing about Youtube is reminiscing about the good players we used to have.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

luvd posted:

My favourite thing about Youtube is reminiscing about the good players we used to have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYgxuqHbVG0

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Holy Macaroni

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Hahahah I'd forgotten the second one.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Hahaha I forgot how awful he was, makes Squillaci seem half decent.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Also Nasri is stupid for walking with the Arsenal fans, however I thought it'd provoke more of a reaction to be honest. That woman was so annoying, one day ill invent a device that allows me to punch people in the face via YouTube.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Big fan of hers, future Portland Thorns FC superstar as well. Top, top, player.

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
Incredibly long, childish, cringe-worthy, at times funny, tragic twitter conversation between Hamann and Barton.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Stealing "more front than Harrods"

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
Didi Hamann and Joey Barton got into a scrap on Twitter. Imgur's not working for me, but you should definitely take a look.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Not sure how many of you remember Michael Johnson. He came through the City academy and was lauded as one of the best prospects of his generation, pre ADUG many said he'd go onto to be the best player to ever play for the club and would surpass the great Colin Bell.

He scored a couple of stunning goals against Derby and Aston Villa. We even reportedly turned down £12M for him when we didn't have 2 pennies to rub together.

Sadly, he picked up a couple of serious injuries in his younger days (much like our supposed and ill-fated last great Paul Lake), however unlike most young professional footballers, Jack Wilshere etc, Johnson decided the best way to get back to full fitness was to get pissed, not work on his rehibilitation and generally fritter away what he earnt.

This was him then:

This is him now (apparently taken this week), entering the last 6 months of his contract at the end of his footballing career at only 24:

Such a loving waste...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Not sure how many of you remember Michael Johnson. He came through the City academy and was lauded as one of the best prospects of his generation, pre ADUG many said he'd go onto to be the best player to ever play for the club and would surpass the great Colin Bell.

He scored a couple of stunning goals against Derby and Aston Villa. We even reportedly turned down £12M for him when we didn't have 2 pennies to rub together.

Sadly, he picked up a couple of serious injuries in his younger days (much like our supposed and ill-fated last great Paul Lake), however unlike most young professional footballers, Jack Wilshere etc, Johnson decided the best way to get back to full fitness was to get pissed, not work on his rehibilitation and generally fritter away what he earnt.

This was him then:

This is him now (apparently taken this week), entering the last 6 months of his contract at the end of his footballing career at only 24:

Such a loving waste...

Jesus. Christ. :stare:

Love the commentary on that second video "Hold the back page, Manchester City have scored at home!"

• Locked thread