Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
finally caught up with the Thorby-comics and I'm simply amazed. I had a bookmark for Hitmen for Destiny for a couple weeks now and when I finally clicked it I was hooked from the very first page. Fantastic, brilliant and hilarious stuff.

"sisters, wives and lies" reminded me of a play (can't remember the name, but the plot was almost identical) by Dario Fo, an Italian playwright whose stuff is worth checking out if you enjoyed this comic.

The accidental Space spy will now always be on my mind as I spend my days waiting for the next update, just like TGT ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cat Mattress posted:

"I will revive your nephew! Resurrectix!" Now they'll hallucinate that the nephew is still alive, like an imaginary friend. Problem solved, in a :smith: way.

That's the most depressing thing I've ever heard. They probably do that if their kids pet died - if they have kids, or pets.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

scarycave posted:

That's the most depressing thing I've ever heard. They probably do that if their kids pet died - if they have kids, or pets.

Perhaps they have been doing that for generations, and the planet is uninhabited :tinfoil:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dunkirk's survival instinct sure hasn't failed him yet. I mean, apart from picking this line of work.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ZearothK posted:

Dunkirk's survival instinct sure hasn't failed him yet. I mean, apart from picking this line of work.

Dunkirk is a magnificent bastard.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

scarycave posted:

Dunkirk is a magnificent bastard.

I liked how he approved of fake-Plumes's heroics in going to rescue that other agent, but if he had died doing that, it sure would have saved Dunkirk a lot of trouble wouldn't it?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Dunkirk isn't always the most agreeable person, but he knows how to take care of his problems and I respect him for that.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Spearing Plume is a decision he will come to regret later. Mark my words on that.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
:staredog:
Somethings definitely going on with Dunkirk. You don't think he's the Jyrme of this comic? The weird alien guy with some secret elaborate agenda?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

scarycave posted:

:staredog:
Somethings definitely going on with Dunkirk. You don't think he's the Jyrme of this comic? The weird alien guy with some secret elaborate agenda?

You might be on to something. He's clearly a clever and resourceful survivor, but his gently caress up in the start of the comic is what started all this mess. Maybe he's part of a conspiracy that wants to see Petrevolt destroyed. :tinfoil:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ZearothK posted:

You might be on to something. He's clearly a clever and resourceful survivor, but his gently caress up in the start of the comic is what started all this mess. Maybe he's part of a conspiracy that wants to see Petrevolt destroyed. :tinfoil:

Maybe it wasn't a mistake.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
:stare: poo poo just got real-er

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I figured the real Plume would die soon, but not like that. :stare:

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
I feel bad for Plume. Poor guy just can't catch a break

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It's moments like these that remind me what a great storyteller Thorsby is.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Holy crap. When I saw Not-Plume start to speak and get interrupted, I figured it was because he was saying something dumb that would ruin their advantage, not that THIS was gonna happen!

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

"Hey, a bunch of new posts, I bet Accidental Space Spy just upda- :stonk:"

Holy poo poo that was out of left field.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
:staredog: I just noticed something...

scarycave fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 12, 2013

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

scarycave posted:

:staredog: I just noticed something...

LEAVE NO WITNESSES.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That was a surprisingly clean get away they just did there.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ZearothK posted:

That was a surprisingly clean get away they just did there.

This is way to easy. It's only a matter of time before Dunkirk tries to off Not-Plume to get "one more problem" out of the way.

BiggerJ posted:

LEAVE NO WITNESSES.

He's still looking right at us in every panel. :ohdear:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

scarycave posted:

He's still looking right at us in every panel. :ohdear:

No, it's just Thorsby's drawing style. Hell, the rest of the characters are looking RIGHT AT US a fair amount of the time.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Sizone posted:

No, it's just Thorsby's drawing style. Hell, the rest of the characters are looking RIGHT AT US a fair amount of the time.

:ssh: That was the joke.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
New comics up, looks like Dunkirk and Not-Plume are already off to a good start on the new planet.
This has got to be a record for fastest bad luck on a planet ever.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

scarycave posted:

New comics up, looks like Dunkirk and Not-Plume are already off to a good start on the new planet.
This has got to be a record for fastest bad luck on a planet ever.

They really should start to read up on the planets they visit.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GyverMac posted:

"Our mission is to blindly go where many have gone before."

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I always thought it was something like they only got to know the planet they are about to go to at the last minute before they actually descend. Because of security/secrecy reasons, and due to Plume being an awesome expert on every alien species.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Farmland Park posted:

I always thought it was something like they only got to know the planet they are about to go to at the last minute before they actually descend. Because of security/secrecy reasons, and due to Plume being an awesome expert on every alien species.

There was that one planet where the old people were jerks, where Plume got paired up with the chick. She wasn't briefed at all and expected Not-Plume to know everything so that's a pretty safe bet.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
And here I thought their experience on Sling's World was going to be nice, simple and civil, leaving room for socialization, character development and harmless hijinks.

I am very stupid.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

GyverMac posted:

Ture, but to be fair, "Super secret secret agent real-Plume, who was kidnapped and basically vanished, has been secretly hiding out on this planet" probably would not have been an entry in spacewiki.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Calling that whoever Sling is, they own the planet.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Huh, I just noticed how the gun the bodyguard has is made to fit the odd shape of his hand/arm.

That's a nice touch considering previously everyone has been using the same nondescript triangle-tied-to-two-rectangles.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Massive chance for things to go hilariously wrong: their owner told them the states of his wives' careers, but assumed they knew what he wanted them to do. Does he want them to succeed, or to fail? Your guess is as good as theirs.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jan 18, 2013

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
I find it quite interesting that they [probably] don't have coins. Lack of scarce metals, or no currency, or something more exotic?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

What do you mean, Cardinal? I don't think money's been touched in this planet.

BiggerJ posted:

Massive chance for things to go hilariously wrong: their owner told them the states of his wives' careers, but assumed they knew what he wanted them to do. Does he want them to succeed, or to fail? Your guess is as good as theirs.

We also have no idea of the concept of success that these people have. So there they go, trying to figure out a social puzzle without the background knowledge.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I read both HFD and the Wives bit last spring when TGT first came out. Just started TASS and my brain decided to voice Dunkirk (the green alien guy) like Droopy the dog, very jowely. I think I'm gonna enjoy this.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is a fantastic setup already, I'm eager to see if this tops the loving Best Planet Ever.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

ZearothK posted:

What do you mean, Cardinal? I don't think money's been touched in this planet.

"Chance Disc Flipper"?

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Buzkashi posted:

This is a fantastic setup already, I'm eager to see if this tops the loving Best Planet Ever.

Just what I was thinking. This is gonna be great, though I loved these aliens already the first time I saw them. Hilarious eyes and mouths, not to mention the hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

BiggerJ posted:

The only thing I can say with confidence is he wants the opposite of what Not-Plume and Dunkirk will do.

• Locked thread