Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

MoreMetalBrian posted:

It's been a while since I played the game....what the hell happened to the Bee shield? Going by the stats on the Level 50 one, it doesn't look like anything changed with Amp Damage or Drain. I used to be able to solo Terramorphus pretty easily, but now I'm lucky to get him down to half health.

I've also noticed that some Raid Bosses are leveled to campaign now. So if Pete the Invincible is fought on Normal Mode, he's only Level 32. Fighting Terramorphus on Normal still had him at Level 52.

This wasn't always the case, was it? I could have sworn that all the Raid Bosses were Level 50+, regardless of Normal Mode or TVHM.

Most recent patch nerfed The Bee, taking the damage bonus and spreading it across all projectiles fired in one shot. So if you were using the standard Bee/Conference Call combo, the damage reduction is the first thing you notice.

I believe the same patch changed the raid bosses in Normal to be mid-30's, but you do not gain Seraph crystals for beating them on Normal. TVHM has the bosses as you remember (Lv 52).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Apologies in advance for double-posting.

Gearbox is apparently saying that the 360 compatibility patch should be fixed and can be downloaded (per ChrisF in the thread linked earlier). The file size is 258 MB; if you're trying to download the file and it's 219 MB then it's still the corrupted file.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 15, 2013

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

ShadowedFlames posted:

Apologies in advance for double-posting.

Gearbox is apparently saying that the 360 compatibility patch should be fixed and can be downloaded (per ChrisF in the thread linked earlier). The file size is 258 MB; if you're trying to download the file and it's 219 MB then it's still the corrupted file.

Did you want to do the DLC later?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Adregan posted:

Did you want to do the DLC later?

Not sure yet. Considering Vermi's still on my list of "Pandoran creatures I have yet to mercilessly slaughter" I might be doing that first. I'll figure it out once I get home and see what sort of things await me.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

ShadowedFlames posted:

Not sure yet. Considering Vermi's still on my list of "Pandoran creatures I have yet to mercilessly slaughter" I might be doing that first. I'll figure it out once I get home and see what sort of things await me.

Ok sounds good. I haven't seen Vermi and I might have to join you for that too. I assume we have the usual gang for it.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I don't see where I have to go to start the Big Game Hunt :smithicide:

Edit: It's Hunter's Grove, actually.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 15, 2013

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo those skins and heads are awesome! Hopefully they're cheap.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
I'm digging the weapons on this new fanboat vehicle. Flamethrower's kinda poo poo, but the other two are pretty sweet. Also, why did they bring back drifters? I hate those fuckers.

Sweet. Just picked up Sir Hammerlock's Rex. That was unexpected.

XeeD fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 15, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This hasn't hit PS3 yet, has it?

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

This hasn't hit PS3 yet, has it?

Nope, I guess it will be another 3 hours or so.

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
1) Anyone up for playing the new DLC? My gamertag on 360 also happens to be ConcreteHades.
2) Anyone care to trade skins and such? I've run a little low as I was duping for a friend today and a random dropped in, stole most of what I had and then hit a save point and dropped out, but I do still have a few I can trade, if anyone's interested.

ConcreteHades fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 17, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any PS3 dudes have some of the harder-to-find heads (esp. for Commando) wanna hop on and hook a brother up?

I only have a few min though, new dad, etc etc..

:)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it just me or is the DLC balanced for a higher level cap? The savages are incredibly tough and they're commonly found with more than one witch doctor who can quickly raise them to level 52 or 53. The doctors themselves have huge amounts of health and do huge damage with homing attacks that seem to go right through the environment.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

So I went to download the DLC and XBL is trying to charge me 800 points - except I have the season pass. Is this something that is happening to many people, or am I just hosed for some reason?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Yeah I just started the DLC on TVHM with my level 50 and I couldn't even get the introductory quest done. Better be a level cap increase coming soon or I think I'm going to be stuck playing it on normal unfortunately.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
It's up on PSN now. Wasn't showing up in the store, but was there in the in game menu, which directed me to the store. And there it was!!

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Holy hell. If you put eridium into all four fireplaces, you can spawn Dexiduous the invincible, a bigass drifter. This could be interesting.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Have they increased the level cap in this DLC?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I hope that seraph shield makes it so you can have shieldless skills on all the time. It's going to be insane on Maya with the fleet skill if it does work.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Have they increased the level cap in this DLC?

I do believe they have stated that the initial 4 Season pass DLC's will NOT have a level Cap increase but have also stated it is likely to be a patch forthcoming in the next round of DLC's to follow the Season Pass 4-pack.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Minorities posted:

Holy poo poo those skins and heads are awesome! Hopefully they're cheap.

I think I know what the :20bux: PSN giftcard I got for Christmas is going towards.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Berzerker posted:

So I went to download the DLC and XBL is trying to charge me 800 points - except I have the season pass. Is this something that is happening to many people, or am I just hosed for some reason?

Download it from inside Borderlands; Xbox Live proper doesn't have season pass support, but in-game stores can use unlisted items to fake it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Download it from inside Borderlands; Xbox Live proper doesn't have season pass support, but in-game stores can use unlisted items to fake it.

I did that. I'm currently downloading the new compatibility pack to see if that fixes it, but it's taking forever as balls. Thank you though!

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
gently caress witch doctors.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

What's the recommended level for this one?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Am I the only one who thought this was kind of poo poo? I couldn't tell you the storyline if you asked me to, and I beat it a few hours ago. The new areas all looked the same to me, and although the new enemies are really interesting, the quests that led me to them are all boring as hell. I don't know, for something called "Big Game Hunt", I was expecting a whole lot more in the bosses line.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

gently caress witch doctors.

I ran across the Vampiric variation. gently caress that guy. His primary attack is a thread-laser that leeches health fast enough to negate any damage you deal to him, and when he's in trouble he goes incorporeal as a swarm of bats to run away and get some distance... to thread-laser you to death. Of course, he doesn't really need the health stealing with the whole 'Sponge Up Bullets Like Something Out of Broken Steel' shtick thing every Witch Doctor has going for him.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

Am I the only one who thought this was kind of poo poo? I couldn't tell you the storyline if you asked me to, and I beat it a few hours ago. The new areas all looked the same to me, and although the new enemies are really interesting, the quests that led me to them are all boring as hell. I don't know, for something called "Big Game Hunt", I was expecting a whole lot more in the bosses line.

It's definitely the weakest so far. Still better than Underdome.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
The only cure for those fuckers it seems, is Zeros' deception....they get outlined even in bat/ tornado form. Throw kunai at em and then fire away. But seriously, gently caress witch doctors.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The only cure for those fuckers it seems, is Zeros' deception....they get outlined even in bat/ tornado form. Throw kunai at em and then fire away. But seriously, gently caress witch doctors.

I tried shooting them while cloaked, but it never seemed to connect. Then again, I was using the Blockhead shotgun, which has very slow projectiles.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
Ín deception, you can hit them just fine. I don't know how it works for any other classes.

edit: Throwing the 5 kunai at it then an acid sub machine gun burst. It's just such a pain in the rear end.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

It's definitely the weakest so far. Still better than Underdome.

Agreed. It took a few days to clear the other two DLCs. I finished the story and 75% of the optional missions in about 3 hours

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Man I was so pumped for that seraph sniper but it's pretty poo poo aside from the ridiculous zoom. The elephant gun is pretty drat good but the buffalo rifle is still king.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007

abaddonis posted:

Agreed. It took a few days to clear the other two DLCs. I finished the story and 75% of the optional missions in about 3 hours

Really? Both of the other expansions only took a few hours. Don't see how this is any different. I'm still waiting for Knoxx or Dr. Ned, (in terms of length and depth) I really think they are waiting until the season pass thing is over with to release the REAL expansions.... :/

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
And I call bullshit on finishing it in 3 hours.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Really? Both of the other expansions only took a few hours. Don't see how this is any different. I'm still waiting for Knoxx or Dr. Ned, (in terms of length and depth) I really think they are waiting until the season pass thing is over with to release the REAL expansions.... :/

Which is pretty loving galling, given that the reason most people bought the pass at all was that we were told it would be "four Knoxx-sized/scaled DLCs".

Oh well, not like I needed the $90.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

And I call bullshit on finishing it in 3 hours.

Started at 7pm. Finished all of it minus, the multi hunt quest in 3 hours.(which Is the worst quest idea ever)

It's do-able.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This DLC was totally lackluster, but as long as the next one is as good as the first two I'll be happy. Hopefully the next season or whatever of DLC adds some fresh ideas to the game rather than another new coat of paint.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

If anybody's wondering what to spend their Seraph crystals on, I'd strongly recommend the Interfacer. For the cost of 2 ammo, you get three clusters of 7 pellets that spread from your gun. The fire rate's pretty high (mine's 3.9) and the magazine comes in a pretty hefty size (around 13). Definitely try for an elemental variant and save/load if you don't see one, I know it comes in corrosive at the very least.

EDIT: Discovered after using the Interfacer in combat that the 3 clusters converge after a short distance, dealing massive damage to your target. This is definitely the advantage with the gun.

Skittle Wood fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Playing Sir Hamerlock's in normal mode, after playing the first 2 expansions and having all my guns at level 30 (because that's the level that the first 2 expansions and the base game capped out on). I'm level 36. The expansion calibrated to 35, so I was looking for a bit more challenge then the previous 2 expansions, both of which didn't calibrate to our level at all and spawned enemies that were level 30ish.

Sir Hammerlock's was an awful mess mainly due to the fault of the Witch Doctors. I don't know the appeal of an enemy who can eat dozens of criticals (that you can't even get unless they are turned around), buffs other enemies until some of them are invisible and extremely dangerous, heals himself and other enemies, and can also occasionally make himself invincible while dealing a massive crippling DoT.

My spouse and I were getting atomized at every fight that involved a witch doctor, multiple times, including one mission-critical fight where the WD managed to buff 2 Demon Hunters into invisibility and they were hitting hard enough to 2-shot us individually (so 2 of them together was basically a death sentence). And it's because we don't have good enough equipment - we simply don't hit hard enough, even with respecs toward damage and class mods toward damage - and the expansion gives you a single level-appropriate vending machine at the lodge, so there's nothing you can do about it.

Now of course we can solve this problem by going into TVHM and playing around there until our equipment is upgraded, but we wanted to be able to play through all the DLC on normal before moving on and I don't think that's too much to ask. Not real impressed with this DLC so far.

• Locked thread