Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Surmy is forsaking us to go buy a prime box with mike.
Surmy is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

SURMY!!!! :bahgawd:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Surmy paid up, he can spend money with Mike too :P

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Same link as last time?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Same link as last time?

Yeah http://www.blogtv.com/people/darkwolf220

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

darkwolf220 posted:

Surmy paid up, he can spend money with Mike too :P

Mike was sold out of Prime :(

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Great breaks tonight guys, was a ton of fun. Congrats are in order to Above and Beyond who took home the hit of the night, a Steven Stamkos Prime Colors jumbo 4 color patch /18 from Prime. A good night was made better when Quantrill hit a Ryan Johansen rookie patch auto /25 from SPX in the second break of the night. Expect stuff to ship tomorrow, except for shyduck. I will put yours out as soon as you send me some paypal :) Videos are up on my blogtv.

I have two new mini breaks for you, one big, one small. First the easy one:

12-13 ITG Superlative hit draft

Price $61

1 darkwolf
2 Quantrill
3 Sharp_Angus
4 surmy

There are only 7 cards in a book, everyone gets a hit and there are no bad hits in Superlative. Even the base jerseys can be numbered in the single digits and the last two Superlative breaks I was in the last pick was a patch. This is the cheapest price I have seen out there for this.

Mini break #2
12-13 Artifacts
12-13 Black Diamond
11-12 Elite

Edmonton - 18
Colorado - 16 - Sharp_Angus
Philadelphia - 16 shuduck
Pittsburgh - 16 Quantrill
Washington - 12 Gunjin
Montreal - 14
Chicago - 11
Detroit - 12
Florida - 7
Tampa Bay - 11 shyduck
Carolina - 8
Winnipeg - 10
New York Rangers - 15 Sharp_Angus
New York Islanders - 7
New Jersey - 12 anotherblownsave
Phoenix - sold
Vancouver - 13
LA - 13 aboveandbeyond
San Jose - 8
Anaheim - 8
Dallas - 10 Ashe
Calgary - 14
Ottawa - 11
Columbus - 11 Quantrill
Minnesota - 8
Nashville - 11 anotherblownsave
Boston - 12 anotherblownsave
Toronto - 13 Sharp_Angus
St Louis - 7 shyduck
Buffalo - 11 Quantrill

All spots in Superlative need to sell before I call that one, 20-23 need to go in the mini before it is ready to roll. Since it worked out well this time, I will try to have an extra box or two on hand during the next breaks as well. Also do not forget about the big mix, 5 more spots to go in that one and expect that to go on Sunday Feb 10th at around 8pm est.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 29, 2013

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sba posted:

Hey people who open a lot of Wax, does anyone have a decent lot of Pominville base cards from last year and this year that they'd part with for a few bucks?

Still looking for this, mostly anything 11-12 and 12-13...I'd like a big lot so I don't have to screw with a bunch of shipping. Any cheap jerseys or parallels too.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

One spot for the Superlative and Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Buffalo for the Mini Break #2.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Boston in the mini break please

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Capitals in the mini.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
In for 1 on Superlative

Toronto
Colorado
NYR
in the mini please

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Marked each of you down, thanks guys.

sba: We didn't pull any Pomminville base last night :( I will keep an eye out

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Marked each of you down, thanks guys.

sba: We didn't pull any Pomminville base last night :( I will keep an eye out

I have some Pominville base from this season SBA if you're looking for any set in particular, let me know. I'm gonna be mailing some cards out to Quantrill tomorrow, so I can always toss some in the mail for you when I go.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

How do I get a Nail Yakupov rookie card? Only in the kinds of cards that havent come out yet?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Manga Blasphemer posted:

How do I get a Nail Yakupov rookie card? Only in the kinds of cards that havent come out yet?

Nail cards won't start to appear in mainstream product until the first releases after he plays his first game. NHLPA prevents cards being made of players who have yet to play. In The Game, however, is not affiliated with the NHLPA and thus does whatever the gently caress they want to. You can get a couple Nail cards from ITG products like Heroes and Prospects and Superlative. Also, Upper Deck Series 1, Upper Deck Artifacts and Panini Certified have included redemption cards for "#1 rookie, #2 rookie, #3 rookie etc". These will be fulfilled by redemption as soon as the rookies skate. While it is no sure thing, it is a safe bet that Nail will be "#1 rookie" in all three products. Also any 12-13 Artifacts Edmonton Oilers rookie redemption will most likely be Nail, unless he suffers some huge setback in training camp, in which case it would be Shultz. Hope that answers a question.

As for what the first product he will be live in as a rookie card? My money is on Panini Limited, they pushed it back twice, so my expectation is that they have already printed the Nail cards but can not release the set until he skates.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Hey Dark another question re: rookie cards. I have that Bruins redemption card from artifacts, looks like Dougie Hamilton is gonna make the team, but what if another rookie makes the team too? How do they decide which rookie to send out with redemptions?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

anotherblownsave posted:

Hey Dark another question re: rookie cards. I have that Bruins redemption card from artifacts, looks like Dougie Hamilton is gonna make the team, but what if another rookie makes the team too? How do they decide which rookie to send out with redemptions?

There's 12 extra generic redemptions, #31-40. The ten best rookies that aren't the top guy on their own team will make that portion of the set. Last year, that set included Zibanejad, and Nyquist.

One guy will be assigned to the team redemption card, and another will be assigned to a wild card redemption.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Question guys. I live in San Diego and have an outside position to negotiate supply contracts for a large office supply chain.

Anyways, one of my prospects is Upper Deck which is headquartered in Carlsbad roughly 20 minutes from where I live. Would it do me any good to go make a relationship with one of their reps. ie, would it help us at all?

thompson fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 15, 2013

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Nail cards won't start to appear in mainstream product until the first releases after he plays his first game. NHLPA prevents cards being made of players who have yet to play. In The Game, however, is not affiliated with the NHLPA and thus does whatever the gently caress they want to. You can get a couple Nail cards from ITG products like Heroes and Prospects and Superlative. Also, Upper Deck Series 1, Upper Deck Artifacts and Panini Certified have included redemption cards for "#1 rookie, #2 rookie, #3 rookie etc". These will be fulfilled by redemption as soon as the rookies skate. While it is no sure thing, it is a safe bet that Nail will be "#1 rookie" in all three products. Also any 12-13 Artifacts Edmonton Oilers rookie redemption will most likely be Nail, unless he suffers some huge setback in training camp, in which case it would be Shultz. Hope that answers a question.

As for what the first product he will be live in as a rookie card? My money is on Panini Limited, they pushed it back twice, so my expectation is that they have already printed the Nail cards but can not release the set until he skates.

OK thanks. I have to say getting those redemption cards is really a cruddy thing.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

thompson posted:

Question guys. I live in San Diego and have an outside position to negotiate supply contracts for a large office supply chain.

Anyways, one of my prospects is Upper Deck which is headquartered in Carlsbad roughly 20 minutes from where I live. Would it do me any good to go make a relationship with one of their reps. ie, would it help us at all?

It is unlikely that it could help us in the sense that we get lower prices, but it could help to have a relationship with one of them if a problem arises like an expired redemption, damaged card or missing content. Not sure if it will do a world of good, but it can't hurt.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Payment sent (I will be back to normal after this week, I promise), and mark me down for Philly, St. Louis and Tampa Bay on the mini. Thanks for being patient with me, I've been a busy bee with military related stuff for the past two months but it wraps up this week.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

shyduck posted:

Payment sent (I will be back to normal after this week, I promise), and mark me down for Philly, St. Louis and Tampa Bay on the mini. Thanks for being patient with me, I've been a busy bee with military related stuff for the past two months but it wraps up this week.

No problems, I have the utmost confidence in your integrity, so much so that I mailed your stuff out earlier this afternoon before you posted this. Along with everyone else's.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

In a break of SPGU with CNC tonight. It is pretty stupid good.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Anyone want to buy a kidney? I need some money: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-UD-SP...=item3f212b4384

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I hate hate hate that shield. Why wouldnt they cut the window big enough for the whole thing.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

darkwolf220 posted:

In a break of SPGU with CNC tonight. It is pretty stupid good.

I got 1st and 11th pick. Took LA and Boston respectively. Oh boy did I ever hit. Short list:

Jon Quick Cup Finals Net
Drew Doughty Cup Finals Net
Bruins 5x jersey
Team Canada 4x jersey
Bruins 3x jersey
Kings 3x jersey
Brad Park jersey auto
Maxime Sauve rookie auto
Kings 2x jersey
Bruins 2x jersey
Kopitar single jersey
Seguin single jersey

I am forgetting some hits. I know I am. loving killed it.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

darkwolf220 posted:

blah blah blah blah I cheat at breaks blah blah blah

Yeah... I might be jealous...

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

anotherblownsave posted:

I have some Pominville base from this season SBA if you're looking for any set in particular, let me know. I'm gonna be mailing some cards out to Quantrill tomorrow, so I can always toss some in the mail for you when I go.

I have not a single card from those two years, so whatever.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

SBA, PM me your address and I'll send you out every Pominville I've got lying around.

edit: Dark lemme see those Bruins cards when you get them :stare:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

SBA, PM me your address and I'll send you out every Pominville I've got lying around.

edit: Dark lemme see those Bruins cards when you get them :stare:

Will do. Also could not resist one more spot

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Will do. Also could not resist one more spot

Any decent Dallas from it?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Any decent Dallas from it?

Lots of Glennie. I got 3rd choice, go go Flames. I regret taking the Flames.Oh well.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

darkwolf220 posted:

I hate hate hate that shield. Why wouldnt they cut the window big enough for the whole thing.

Yeah that's pretty bad. Like the 1/1 Paul Newman auto cut from one of the high-end sets that was clearly cut from an autographed photo

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah that's pretty bad. Like the 1/1 Paul Newman auto cut from one of the high-end sets that was clearly cut from an autographed photo

I forgot where I saw it but there's a cut auto card of Wayne Gretzky sourced from an on-card auto of Wayne Gretzky.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

darkwolf220 posted:

Lots of Glennie. I got 3rd choice, go go Flames. I regret taking the Flames.Oh well.

Yup, that was the wrong pick. Oh well.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Yup, that was the wrong pick. Oh well.

Glennie? Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear

Give me Dallas for that little break duder.

Abs / gunjin : email me at : Threeohashe at the g mail. And I can get addys from you dudes for those cards you want.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

I got 1st and 11th pick. Took LA and Boston respectively. Oh boy did I ever hit. Short list:

Jon Quick Cup Finals Net
Drew Doughty Cup Finals Net
Bruins 5x jersey
Team Canada 4x jersey
Bruins 3x jersey
Kings 3x jersey
Brad Park jersey auto
Maxime Sauve rookie auto
Kings 2x jersey
Bruins 2x jersey
Kopitar single jersey
Seguin single jersey

I am forgetting some hits. I know I am. loving killed it.

Hat tip on the kings pick dark. Looks like it panned huge.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

If I had my net cords now I could sell them for $125 each. Since I don't and won't have them for 2 weeks I will probably get like $75 total :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Darky, got your cards today from the contenders.
thanks for that stupid crown royale lehtonen (But no base :()

I might be introducing you to an old buddy of mine Dark, as it turns out he collects and might want to get in on these breaks as well. (And he actually likes calgary)

• Locked thread