Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
You can get a refund on it if you haven't spent any yet. I misclicked once and accidentally bought $100 instead of $10 and they refunded it with no problem at all, just put in a ticket before you spend any of it

Edit - found info on the Solteris BP, it's a set 400hp/tick for 3 ticks, so clicking it only gives you 1200hp total, ergo it is now trash :( Better off clicking a HoT potion

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

MrTheDevious posted:

Big list o tips off the top of my head for new players/people who haven't played in a while:

Monster AC aug list-
http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4870

If you're not a class with Gate, you can also use Loyalty points to buy primary and secondary anchors, which are mostly nice because it gives you a couple free ports from anywhere back to the GuildHall/PoK. You can also bug someone to let you borrow a Puppet Strings to pick up a free OT Hammer that procs gate to Overthere right by the PoK book. We've got to have mass piles of Puppet Strings lying around somewhere.

Thanks, this is great stuff. Are the primary/secondary anchors one time use or are they permanent gate? Also, can a level 73 enchanter be used to do the charming for the OT hammer or does it require a higher level?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

iNteg posted:

Well, i guess all that money i wasted on Station Cash was stupid, i guess i'll move to test too, as Bizrip is one of my good pals that plays on Luclin. at least i can cancel gold.

When are you going to get it through your thick skull that I hate you? Especially since you make me feel guilty for making a move that makes perfect sense given my play habits, financial situation, etc.

Firstly, I am not going to jump to Test for a little while. I want to see you finish your 2.0 now that you have your Globe, and I am going to stay on Luclin, double Test experience be damned, until I get Biz up to 1200 AA earned and spent, which I intend to do by 31 January. In fact, you may not want to jump at all. Winter term (where I teach 3 credits, 3 days a week as opposed to 11 credits/5 days in Fall & Spring) ends on 31 January and starting on 1 February I am going to be going hammer & tongs in full Spring mode, which means my play time will drop drastically. I won't be around very much and I do not want people to expect otherwise.

I would love it if all Luclin goons and indeed all goons game-wide would move to Test so that we could have a really vibrant community, but I do not want anyone to do that solely on my account as I won't be around that much from the beginning of February until the end of May at the soonest. That said, it makes little practical sense for me to stay on Luclin (the community is the only thing holding me there) and indeed it really makes no sense for anyone to stay on any Live server unless they have a lot of friends and/or are involved in a lot of high-end raiding.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Vomik posted:

Thanks, this is great stuff. Are the primary/secondary anchors one time use or are they permanent gate? Also, can a level 73 enchanter be used to do the charming for the OT hammer or does it require a higher level?

They're permanent! You get 2 little doo dads you can toss down in the GH that come with clicky items you click to zone back to the GH. One's probably enough unless you plan to do a ton of zoning since the cooldown's only an hour or so.

A 73 ench can charm for himself, but due to how charm works vs the required faction for OT hammer, the person getting the hammer has to do the charming himself. So if you're not a chanter, your options are: A) Collect a billion sarnak braids to faction yourself up B)Grind a little goblin wizard shroud until you unlock the Evil Eye chanter shroud that can charm C)Just bum puppet strings off of one of us and click it once then get your hammer. I strongly encourage C because gently caress A and I've done B and it sucks too.

As for Test Vs Luclin debate, if you're only on Luclin to play with goons, come to Test. All of us who've been playing together for multiple goon rushes over the last few years are on Test now and we've picked up a bunch of fresh new and totally awesome goons, too. I even invited our very first Euro goon earlier :shobon: That said, before you make a decision, be aware we ALWAYS get sick of EQ after a few months and quit once the weather starts getting nice until it gets cold again. Some of us are on our 4th straight annual goonrush now, so don't move to Test expecting a vibrant goon community until the servers shut down. I can almost guarantee this rush will be just like every other year: lots of goons having a great time and grouping/raiding for 3 months, then everyone gets tired of it and the guild becomes a ghost town for 9 months. The new goons may surprise me though! They're drat good at the game, I'll say that much. Right now we've got 1-2 groups worth of 90s, another 2-3 groups of 80s with 70s boxes, and a couple adorable newbies clawing their way up one tank merc at a time.

The other benefit is that the Test community is, well, a big pile of generally happy communists. This is the first time we've had enough high level goons to start doing fun stuff like the upcoming Clankwrench raid and I'm planning on bringing anyone from general chat who wants to come along as well for community building. Unlike Luclin where we trolled the gently caress out of half the server, Test is really small and close-knit, so trolling isn't really in our best interest. You can /join Firiona.general and troll Lucerin if you just gotta troll. After Clank I'm planning some other fun stuff we can do(goon raids are amazingly fun and occasionally don't end in wipes).

Everyone's friendly and wants to group here instead of box, so it's a good place to meet non-goons, too. Gear from HoT/VoA/RoF is given away in general chat to whoever wants it nightly and the bazaar is starting to fill up with piles of 10p communist gear. I also have a character in one of the two guilds that raid, if anyone's actually interested in raiding casually at 90+. I'm not sure why anyone not intending to raid seriously would stay on Luclin instead of move to Test goons or no goons, but I wanted to make the same sort of disclaimer Jeff just made by saying there's a high probability most of the test goons will quit and leave you lonely and crying in the rain holding a tattered teddy bear wondering where your life went wrong

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 15, 2013

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

They're permanent! You get 2 little doo dads you can toss down in the GH that come with clicky items you click to zone back to the GH. One's probably enough unless you plan to do a ton of zoning since the cooldown's only an hour or so.

A 73 ench can charm for himself, but due to how charm works vs the required faction for OT hammer, the person getting the hammer has to do the charming himself. So if you're not a chanter, your options are: A) Collect a billion sarnak braids to faction yourself up B)Grind a little goblin wizard shroud until you unlock the Evil Eye chanter shroud that can charm C)Just bum puppet strings off of one of us and click it once then get your hammer. I strongly encourage C because gently caress A and I've done B and it sucks too.

Whoa that's awesome... perhaps I should spend my loyalty points on that instead of the faycetum. I could use some puppet strings if anyone has them on Luclin. Can I just buy them in the bazaar if no one does?

I'm strongly considering moving to test but it would depend on my buddy who is gone for training for the next couple weeks.

I would like to get my 2.0 on the live servers though since I'm so close.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

MrTheDevious posted:

Option D is clearing Veeshan's Peak once or twice. I think I'm ally with the undead foreman now. :v:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

funzo2226 posted:

Option D is clearing Veeshan's Peak once or twice. I think I'm ally with the undead foreman now. :v:

Oh hey you're right! I totally forgot about that giving the proper faction. Guess I should start killing off my trains every couple days when I run in to make sure the other 400 people farming that goddamn zone didn't forget about it and accidentally leave my dragon up :mad:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

Is there any multi-boxing software out there other than Isboxer, even if it's not too complex, even just letting you use "real" full screen windowed mode? I want to run around with both my accounts, but have no intention of playing seriously, just want to run into some old zones so buying Isboxer doesn't seem like a wise investment.

Gonna ask this again...anyone have any suggestions?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Medullah posted:

You can get a 2 week trial of ISBoxer that might scratch your itch. There's no other program out there that I know of that does what ISBoxer does.

imonyourroof
May 31, 2006

Medullah posted:

The free version of WinEQ2 is ok if you don't want to get Isboxer. Doesn't have anything like the feature set of Isboxer but it provides a few nice features binding hotkeys for swapping between windows and some basic profile management.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Medullah posted:

Edit: Beaten, hopefully WinEQ is doing what you wanted

What is "real" full screen windowed mode? Is that borderless window? Maybe describe a little more clearly the functionality you'd like to have. If it's just dragging a dude around and maybe switching over to him once in a while, you can run two instances of EQ in regular windows, and just leave one minimized. Due to EQ being lovely about input, I don't think the "usual" hotkey programs work terribly well. Some other dude had a program that would cycle window ordering every time he wanted to issue a command to the follower.

I did some researching since I wanted to avoid paying for ISBoxer, too, but I didn't really find any free programs that were acknowledged to work with EQ. And I know you're probably sick of hearing it, but the ISBoxer 7 day trial is free!

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
There's HotKeyNet that can send multiple keys to multiple clients, I don't know about changing the view resolution though. There's probably more programs you can cobble together. Isboxer is what I used though even that was a hassle, but ended up working pretty well and I found it was definitely worth the money.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

If you want to spend the time you can replicate most of what ISBoxer does with autohotkey. Including windows always on top and what not. I don't know about some of the more advanced features (like a group member's hotkeys in the same screen as your own... that's probably more difficult.)

Also I mentioned this before but make sure you set background fps to maximum if you're running multiple clients otherwise autofollow is useless.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

When are you going to get it through your thick skull that I hate you? Especially since you make me feel guilty for making a move that makes perfect sense given my play habits, financial situation, etc.

Firstly, I am not going to jump to Test for a little while. I want to see you finish your 2.0 now that you have your Globe, and I am going to stay on Luclin, double Test experience be damned, until I get Biz up to 1200 AA earned and spent, which I intend to do by 31 January. In fact, you may not want to jump at all. Winter term (where I teach 3 credits, 3 days a week as opposed to 11 credits/5 days in Fall & Spring) ends on 31 January and starting on 1 February I am going to be going hammer & tongs in full Spring mode, which means my play time will drop drastically. I won't be around very much and I do not want people to expect otherwise.

I would love it if all Luclin goons and indeed all goons game-wide would move to Test so that we could have a really vibrant community, but I do not want anyone to do that solely on my account as I won't be around that much from the beginning of February until the end of May at the soonest. That said, it makes little practical sense for me to stay on Luclin (the community is the only thing holding me there) and indeed it really makes no sense for anyone to stay on any Live server unless they have a lot of friends and/or are involved in a lot of high-end raiding.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I'm not trying to make you feel guilty for it at all you twat. Jumping to test makes sense, saves cash, and might be a fun trip, if I hate it, I just go back to my toon on Luclin and call it a day :P

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

Whoa that's awesome... perhaps I should spend my loyalty points on that instead of the faycetum. I could use some puppet strings if anyone has them on Luclin. Can I just buy them in the bazaar if no one does?

I'm strongly considering moving to test but it would depend on my buddy who is gone for training for the next couple weeks.

I would like to get my 2.0 on the live servers though since I'm so close.

Since I know for certain who this is in-game, let me first say that I have a set of Puppet Strings in my druid's bank with several charges remaining which I am happy to lend you, but only use as few charges as you can get away with in case anyone else wants a go.

Personally, I think that if you and I move to Test, Odin/Dauslin will as well, but I understand if you want to run it by him. Just keep in mind that it is a Test *copy*, not a wholesale transfering of all gear, experience, abilities, etc.

I would also like to help you get your 2.0 (and Integ his) on Luclin before anything else happens.

Devious, I appreciate your frankness, but keep in mind that Ominous is much the same way anymore. We had a very vibrant guild in the summer of '12, and then it went proper dead through the autumn when I only logged in sporadically. Then, as the holidays approached and winter set in, there was an upsurge in activity that is already starting to fade a little bit, so I really don't think that Test will be that much of a shift. I just happen to have a job that, about half the year, requires me to work 70 hours per week and precludes most recreation during those periods. I would really like to play a moderate amount all the time, but by coincidence my busy periods seem to correspond with the Goon lull periods.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Well this thread got more popular all of a sudden. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier MrTheDevious, I'm on the Pacific Coast, and tomorrow would be better than today for Clankwrench. Like around 6:30pm or 7pm PST would work best, but I realize that might be a little late for you guys on the east coast, so don't feel obligated to wait for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Devor posted:

Edit: Beaten, hopefully WinEQ is doing what you wanted

What is "real" full screen windowed mode? Is that borderless window? Maybe describe a little more clearly the functionality you'd like to have. If it's just dragging a dude around and maybe switching over to him once in a while, you can run two instances of EQ in regular windows, and just leave one minimized. Due to EQ being lovely about input, I don't think the "usual" hotkey programs work terribly well. Some other dude had a program that would cycle window ordering every time he wanted to issue a command to the follower.

I did some researching since I wanted to avoid paying for ISBoxer, too, but I didn't really find any free programs that were acknowledged to work with EQ. And I know you're probably sick of hearing it, but the ISBoxer 7 day trial is free!

The problem I have with EQ right now is any time I click outside the window, even on my 2nd monitor, it minimizes the EQ window. Back 10 years ago when I played, I had a program set up that "tricked" EQ into thinking it was in full screen instead of a window. Can't remember much about those days though.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Medullah posted:

The problem I have with EQ right now is any time I click outside the window, even on my 2nd monitor, it minimizes the EQ window. Back 10 years ago when I played, I had a program set up that "tricked" EQ into thinking it was in full screen instead of a window. Can't remember much about those days though.

Just in the options change it to full screen windowed mode instead of full screen. I've never had the screen minimize on me.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

cycomatix posted:

Well this thread got more popular all of a sudden. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier MrTheDevious, I'm on the Pacific Coast, and tomorrow would be better than today for Clankwrench. Like around 6:30pm or 7pm PST would work best, but I realize that might be a little late for you guys on the east coast, so don't feel obligated to wait for me.

I'm also on PST time and usually don't get home until around 7:30 or 8pm PST, so lets figure out a time. If you guys can't do it that late that's fine, just letting everybody know.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Medullah posted:

Agreeing with Vomik that the behavior you're describing shouldn't occur any more. If I'm just running a trader in the bazaar, I use the vanilla EQ windowed mode (not borderless, though I haven't tried it) and watch movies / surf the internet on my 2nd monitor all the time. Or just leave it minimized. No "quirky" behavior, it acts like a normal Windows window.

Now ISBoxer, on the other hand, shits things up with priorities and pulling the 2nd and 3rd screens up to the front on top of the other things I want to be looking at. Which is why I still use the vanilla windowed mode sometimes.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

funzo2226 posted:

I'm also on PST time and usually don't get home until around 7:30 or 8pm PST, so lets figure out a time. If you guys can't do it that late that's fine, just letting everybody know.

That time works great for me as well, bit late but not late enough I can't go. Pilsner tomorrow work for you around 8ish PST as a starting target we'll all be late to?

Vomik unlike Jeff, I've no idea who you are in game, but I've got 2 or 3 sets of puppet strings on Live still and you're welcome to use as much of em as you need and so's anyone else, you just gotta bug me about it. I'm keeping one set in the bank for testcopy abuse but I don't really mind if you guys pass another set or two around so everyone can get OT hammers. Wish I'd known there were goons without this entire time and I'd have hopped on and hooked you guys up just because of how drat nice it is to have one. Send me a tell on Test.Kodaji whenever you've got some time and I'll patch to Live and bring the Malo + strings party :v:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Vomik posted:

How difficult is it to get the solteris raid expedition complete? It looks like the tainted energaic breastplate has an awesome click (a 400 lifetap damage shield for 2 minutes?) And I think that's what allows you to unlock the pure energain orbs right?

Beating all of Solteris flags you for pure orbs, but also has the added benefit of flagging you to buy them off merchants in Katta Castrum using Phosphites. Phosphites drop in Solteris raids off of regular mobs and from the events I believe, you can also buy them at the loyalty vendor.

Just a week or so ago my guild did a little 12-18 person mini raid through Solteris, for that force of mostly 95-100 characters it was easy overall, excluding a couple of event scripts.

The 3rd event can be a real headache as it will instantly fail if you don't balance the hitpoints of multiple named that get progressively more numerous and weaker as you whittle them down. We repeated this 4 times to get a win, mostly because we'd have been better off with less people "helping" and breaking the balances.

The 1st event has a hard timer to kill 9 named and do some turnins or it will auto-fail. I'm not sure how much dps you would need since 4 or so of the named were humanoid and prone to headshot/assassinate which sped things along.

The other 5 events have some interesting scripts as well, but if you have the brute force you don't exactly have to sweat over them. Max level Headshot/Assassinate also trivialize several other parts of the raid. The trash mobs in the zone also can be painful for people not highly overleveled/overgeared for the content.

All in all I would only value Solteris if you want access to the merchant bought powersources rather than acquiring them in the bazaar or tradeskilling them yourselves. I'm assuming with the mechanics of Test the merchant purchase is hardly useful or necessary.

The337th fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 16, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah we don't really need to merchant buy em :) I do love me some balancing hp on raids though. I cleared out Tacvi with some random guy last night looking for the bard clicky and neither of us remembered how any of the events worked...came within a hair's width of wiping a full group of 90+ in loving Tacvi of all places because we decided that event with the 4 "Balance" mobs probably meant we needed to kill them asap in a different order every 10% when they unlocked.

Turns out that's literally the exact opposite of the way you're supposed to do it and by the last 10% this flimsy Tacvi mob had gone from hitting for 800 to AE rampaging the whole group for 6k+ quads :stare:

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe

funzo2226 posted:

This works. Barring some weird schedule with work, I'll get in contact with you guys tomorrow night then.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

As for Test Vs Luclin debate, if you're only on Luclin to play with goons, come to Test. All of us who've been playing together for multiple goon rushes over the last few years are on Test now and we've picked up a bunch of fresh new and totally awesome goons, too. I even invited our very first Euro goon earlier :shobon: That said, before you make a decision, be aware we ALWAYS get sick of EQ after a few months and quit once the weather starts getting nice until it gets cold again. Some of us are on our 4th straight annual goonrush now, so don't move to Test expecting a vibrant goon community until the servers shut down. I can almost guarantee this rush will be just like every other year: lots of goons having a great time and grouping/raiding for 3 months, then everyone gets tired of it and the guild becomes a ghost town for 9 months. The new goons may surprise me though! They're drat good at the game, I'll say that much. Right now we've got 1-2 groups worth of 90s, another 2-3 groups of 80s with 70s boxes, and a couple adorable newbies clawing their way up one tank merc at a time.

I never realized how true that is haha, I usually start losing momentum around Memorial Day.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

MrTheDevious posted:

Catch you dudes tomorrow! Really fun first new-goonrush raid :) Looking forward to you 70s and low 80s catching up so we can tackle some really crazy poo poo, you guys were rockin it hard in Anguish.

HAHAHAHAHAHA apparently they rolled Test back a few minutes before the crash...our Hanvar kill included. Sorry whoever got that last orb, gonna get to do that one all over again

BAM, boss is still up AND I kept my orb. 'sploiting dis

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

We've got a group of goons at that level range stomping through Direwind as a group for lessons and they're doing really well.

Choochoo Direwind Express! Got an Amish goon 117 AA on one lesson burn last night.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Just wanted to chime in and ask/brag about this fucker http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=16603

Every other raid mob in the zone is quite easy by comparison, including the queen, but this assmaster is a real bitch for my 3 man crew of levels 86-87 with j5 mercs. After about 5 wipes I finally figured out that the trick to him, as if you let the AEs spawn they are pretty much unresistable and pulse damage out for a long, long time.

Anyone else ever tried him? I always see him up even if no other named are in the zone, now i know why.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

revenance posted:

Got an Amish goon 117 AA on one lesson burn last night.

Um, since when do the Amish play MMORPG's?

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Um, since when do the Amish play MMORPG's?

Since Progression Servers came out.

121 AA tonight on the lesson burn, new record for the Direwind Express!

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

Just wanted to chime in and ask/brag about this fucker http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=16603

Every other raid mob in the zone is quite easy by comparison, including the queen, but this assmaster is a real bitch for my 3 man crew of levels 86-87 with j5 mercs. After about 5 wipes I finally figured out that the trick to him, as if you let the AEs spawn they are pretty much unresistable and pulse damage out for a long, long time.

Anyone else ever tried him? I always see him up even if no other named are in the zone, now i know why.

At least "we" killed him, aka I died before the engage and you killed him haha.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

I killed him a while back; the key to managing the add things is to just snare them. They move so slowly that if you snare them, they can't move at all, and as long as you keep them away from you, you're alright. If you have a ranger (like me) it makes it relatively easy because you can just spam entrap on them. It takes some attention, but it's very doable, and the better your dps as a whole is, the easier it will all go for you. Dat overhaste.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

If you want another challenging raid target with a chance of useful loot (for some), try seeing if a big ooze raid boss named Oblivion is up in the way northwestern Sunderock Springs. He casts a nasty AoE silence and spawns adds.

He has a chance to drop Essence of Speed, which allows you to upgrade a slow Roboboar mount to the fastest speed.

MrTheDevious posted:

That time works great for me as well, bit late but not late enough I can't go. Pilsner tomorrow work for you around 8ish PST as a starting target we'll all be late to?
Wish I could, but remember that I'm European, so 8 PST is way too late. :( It's okay though, maybe I can box it or we can do it some other day together.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Whoever Anze/Dapper is sorry I had to log last night. I'll be on after a dinner tonight to help you kill the guys for your 1.5

The337th posted:

Beating all of Solteris flags you for pure orbs, but also has the added benefit of flagging you to buy them off merchants in Katta Castrum using Phosphites. Phosphites drop in Solteris raids off of regular mobs and from the events I believe, you can also buy them at the loyalty vendor.

All in all I would only value Solteris if you want access to the merchant bought powersources rather than acquiring them in the bazaar or tradeskilling them yourselves. I'm assuming with the mechanics of Test the merchant purchase is hardly useful or necessary.

So you still have to beat the entire raid just to use the power source? Or can you just kill one boss to use the power source, but need the entire clear before you can buy them?

MrTheDevious posted:

Vomik unlike Jeff, I've no idea who you are in game, but I've got 2 or 3 sets of puppet strings on Live still and you're welcome to use as much of em as you need and so's anyone else, you just gotta bug me about it. I'm keeping one set in the bank for testcopy abuse but I don't really mind if you guys pass another set or two around so everyone can get OT hammers. Wish I'd known there were goons without this entire time and I'd have hopped on and hooked you guys up just because of how drat nice it is to have one. Send me a tell on Test.Kodaji whenever you've got some time and I'll patch to Live and bring the Malo + strings party :v:

Thanks for the offer but Jeff actually let me borrow his set. So can we transfer to test as of today's patch?

revenance posted:

How are you getting 121 AA on one lesson in direwind?? Is there a higher level slaughtering the zone or is it just a group of direwind level people? Oh wait that includes the test double EXP but still that is really good.

Vomik fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 16, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vomik posted:

How are you getting 121 AA on one lesson in direwind?? Is there a higher level slaughtering the zone or is it just a group of direwind level people? Oh wait that includes the test double EXP but still that is really good.

So, with lesson, keep in mind that he is getting triple experience with lesson + test, but even then that comes out to over 40 AA in one half hour, unmodified, which if jolly impressive. I would also like to know how this was done.

Vomik, Integ and I were kind of hoping that we would finish Lasombr's 2.0 and Integ's 2.0 on Luclin before we decided to jump to Test, so please don't go pulling the trigger just yet. Lasombr still needs an Anguish Globe (as does Biz, but I haven't even started his epic path past the 1.0), so we need to do another Anguish run. Sadly, my 4 80s aren't enough even to do Ture and Hanvar (stupid regenerating gently caress)

Pilsner, I am curious as they are ultra bloody rare... where in Europe do you reside? I live in the US now but grew up in Britain (also lived in France), and so far on Luclin I have met a total of two other Europeans: one other Brit and a bloke from the Netherlands, so I get rather excited to meet other Europeans.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
what a thing to say at the table

revenance posted:

I got 133AA on the ol' Express last night with sub-500 AA, so I think that's worth noting.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

So, with lesson, keep in mind that he is getting triple experience with lesson + test, but even then that comes out to over 40 AA in one half hour, unmodified, which if jolly impressive. I would also like to know how this was done.

Tapp's SK runs around with a bunch of people in group slaughtering everything. There's no trick, they just obliterate everything and Direwind has a bunch of mobs all over the place. Given the fact Tapp doesn't even have a 2.0 finished yet and I've never been able to surpass that AA speed even swarming, I'm suitably impressed by his Direwind Express racking up that many every night for entire groups :worship: The Test goons who're new to me really are drat good at this game.

Zliz - yeah I'll box it with you :)

Vomik - You have to beat all the Solteris raids in order to buy power sources from the NPC merchants in the expansion. There are a lot of single bosses though that will flag you to USE powersources, just not buy them. Clankwrench is the easiest of these, which is why we're doing it since we can just testcopy dupe a bunch of pure sources to use instead of needing to buy them in bazaar.

People looking for an ISBoxer alternative that's free, get with me in game. I'm trying something that might work

PS nobody kill the Hanvar we somehow duped, I need that orb for that necro I made last night once I get her to 70 today :colbert:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I think I'm gonna bring Zapzan and Jhelora over to Test; it really does seem like the best place to hang out with goons, and I'm getting the itch again. Who wants to help get my paladin to a useable level? :v:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

Pilsner, I am curious as they are ultra bloody rare... where in Europe do you reside? I live in the US now but grew up in Britain (also lived in France), and so far on Luclin I have met a total of two other Europeans: one other Brit and a bloke from the Netherlands, so I get rather excited to meet other Europeans.
I'm in Copenhagen in Denmark. Yeah, Euros and EverQuest is a rare combo. Back in the day, from 2000 to 2002 when I played hardcore I lived at home and just stayed up all night to play with Americans. For months on end I would stay up until around 9am, then eat breakfast and go to bed. Wake up around 6pm, eat mom's food, then play play play. I was technically signed up to university but burned out on it quickly, so I just played EQ for two years until I thankfully got interested in uni again and quit EQ. :)

I wish that I had rerolled or transferred to Antonious Bayle (EU server) when it opened (in 2001?) so I could have perhaps continued to play in reasonable amounts, but I guess I was too hooked up on a guild to transfer or reroll. I actually rolled a rogue about when it opened (WTF did I roll yet another solo-unfriendly rogue??), which I got to lvl 10 with... still have him there.

My guild exploded in drama around summer 2002, but then I started to hang out with this small, tight-knit crew of cool people and honestly had some of the best times in EQ. We were typically 6-10 people online, and some of them well geared from previous raiding guilds, so we'd do stuff like 1-group HoT (east wing of Temple of Veeshan), do Juggs for spells, do the revamped Cazic Thule for great loot, and such. Very fun, we got a little guild going, did a little small-scale raiding, but then I fell apart. The game also started to feel really empty and cold, particularly if you didn't have the guild to raid, there wasn't much to do in those days. Looking back I don't really have super fond memories of EQ at all times, but it just feels so homely now. :)

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

I'm in Copenhagen in Denmark. Yeah, Euros and EverQuest is a rare combo. Back in the day, from 2000 to 2002 when I played hardcore I lived at home and just stayed up all night to play with Americans. For months on end I would stay up until around 9am, then eat breakfast and go to bed. Wake up around 6pm, eat mom's food, then play play play. I was technically signed up to university but burned out on it quickly, so I just played EQ for two years until I thankfully got interested in uni again and quit EQ. :)

I wish that I had rerolled or transferred to Antonious Bayle (EU server) when it opened (in 2001?) so I could have perhaps continued to play in reasonable amounts, but I guess I was too hooked up on a guild to transfer or reroll. I actually rolled a rogue about when it opened (WTF did I roll yet another solo-unfriendly rogue??), which I got to lvl 10 with... still have him there.

My guild exploded in drama around summer 2002, but then I started to hang out with this small, tight-knit crew of cool people and honestly had some of the best times in EQ. We were typically 6-10 people online, and some of them well geared from previous raiding guilds, so we'd do stuff like 1-group HoT (east wing of Temple of Veeshan), do Juggs for spells, do the revamped Cazic Thule for great loot, and such. Very fun, we got a little guild going, did a little small-scale raiding, but then I fell apart. The game also started to feel really empty and cold, particularly if you didn't have the guild to raid, there wasn't much to do in those days. Looking back I don't really have super fond memories of EQ at all times, but it just feels so homely now. :)

There was a Euro guild, Caer Cadarn, on my original server (Vazaelle) and they were a powerhouse; they actually forced the US guilds to raid at poo poo hours to get spawns. They used that timezone to their advantage on spawns and had #1 in progression locked up until the end of PoP when they finally flamed out.