Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

TheBlobThing posted:

So I did a thing. Finished my first fire-team of Death Korps troopers. I'm still not completely sure about the colour scheme, even though this is what I have decided to do. What say ye goons?

Some base detail.

These guys look fantastic! As does their bases.
I'm really liking those light blue coats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
New FAQs are up. That includes Dark Angels.

Heldrake weapons are turrets, meaning they can blow up a transport then poo poo flames all over its contents from behind.
Kelly's Noise Marine stupidity got fixed, they're much nicer now.

Good fixes for Chaos.
e: Eldar gets another kick to the balls.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 16, 2013

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Q: If Old Zogwort rolls on the Weirdboy psychic power chart and gets a
psychic power that is resolved as a Shooting attack (specifically Frazzle
or Zzap) may he re-roll this power? If not then can he ignore the power
for the purposes of expending Warp Charge points? (p61)
A: No to both questions.

Why would they address this but not address the fact that there are two power that Zogwort straight up can't use?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

CyberLord XP posted:

Q: If Old Zogwort rolls on the Weirdboy psychic power chart and gets a
psychic power that is resolved as a Shooting attack (specifically Frazzle
or Zzap) may he re-roll this power? If not then can he ignore the power
for the purposes of expending Warp Charge points? (p61)
A: No to both questions.

Why would they address this but not address the fact that there are two power that Zogwort straight up can't use?

Tyranids finally get a friend in their "what the gently caress do you mean I can't reroll?" psyker club.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The DA one is hilarious. So many basic errors in the printed edition. This is pretty poo poo even by GW standards of proofing.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Necron FAQ posted:

Q: Can a Night Scythe carry a model that is unit type Infantry? (p51)
A: Yes.
:psyduck:

Why on earth would you need to clarify that?

Edit: Oh, I see. Its special rules add that you can carry Jump Infantry and Jetbikes. Ward meant that as an addition to its normal abilities, but I'm sure some massive sperglords had a fit about it and forced GW to clarify that the earth is round.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 16, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Some of these questions were clearly asked by the people who were meant to proofread the books.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

Tyranids finally get a friend in their "what the gently caress do you mean I can't reroll?" psyker club.

Why doesn't GW just give Broodlords/Zogwort BS 1? Problem solved GW, you can even have this one for free!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Wow, Heldrakes are insane now, and they were already pretty nuts.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Farseers can't Psychic Power in Transports? Great.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

e: Eldar gets another kick to the balls.

I love it. The only blue text in the whole update is there to kill one of their best remaining tricks.

Dark Eldar don't seem to have lost much of value.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really like that they realised they forgot an entire special character from the DA book.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo. Taking a Deathwing Command lets you change a terminator in a different unit to a champion!!!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I really like that they realised they forgot an entire special character from the DA book.

What does Litanies of the Dark Angels do?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Vindicare Assassins can now actually assassinate people? (I.E no look out sir)
Outstanding!

Tailfnz
Oct 13, 2011

I'm delightfully forgettable.
Welp, I'm glad they clarified that Abaddon can indeed join any kind of marked unit. Being one of the four people who ever loving use him, it's kind of nice to know.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

WAR FOOT posted:

Farseers can't Psychic Power in Transports? Great.

I've played this since 6th ed came out because from the rulebook it seemed pretty clear? You can still buff the embarked unit or the vehicle in question IIRC.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Lungboy posted:

Wow, Heldrakes are insane now, and they were already pretty nuts.

So they're pretty much spewing fire out of their arses now. If I can't stay out of its weapon's line of sight, I guess this means the only way to be safe from a Heldrake is to destroy it?

I'm going to need another Vendetta... :negative:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Seraphicus & any unit he joins re-roll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls of 1 against models from a CSM army. Shooting and CC. So yeah, he gives PE: CSM.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

SRM posted:

He'd be a kind of silly challenge machine though, wouldn't he?

Against crap like Sargents and whatnot, sure. But WS4, I4, 3 attacks and no invul save isn't exactly a glowing recommendation against anyone who is actually worth while, despite having S5 T5 and a 2+.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Sykic posted:

So they're pretty much spewing fire out of their arses now. If I can't stay out of its weapon's line of sight, I guess this means the only way to be safe from a Heldrake is to destroy it?

Not really, the standard model has a long, flexible neck so it's no real stretch to imagine it bending its head under the body to shoot what it just flew over. Anal flames do have a certain ring to them though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lungboy posted:

Not really, the standard model has a long, flexible neck so it's no real stretch to imagine it bending its head under the body to shoot what it just flew over. Anal flames do have a certain ring to them though.

Since I shortened the neck on mine, I will have no choice but to carefully describe to my opponent how the rear-pipes of my Heldrake pucker, bloat and distend before unleashing a massive gout of nether-flames that chars his marines and leave them little more than little dark piles on the ground.

Goat Bouillabaise
Sep 21, 2005
Strike Force DUMBASS!

Mango Polo posted:

Since I shortened the neck on mine, I will have no choice but to carefully describe to my opponent how the rear-pipes of my Heldrake pucker, bloat and distend before unleashing a massive gout of nether-flames that chars his marines and leave them little more than little dark piles on the ground.

And on that day, you will be my hero.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Make some little Goatse claws to put on it too.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

BRB FAQ posted:

Q: If an attack with the Rending special rule rolls a 6 for their Armour Penetration roll against a vehicle and subsequently scores a Penetrating Hit, does that hit count as being AP2 as it would if the attack rolled a 6 To Wound? (p41)

A: No.

Well that sucks for all these Deathwing assault cannons I have rolling around here.

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I believe it has the exact same wording as Preferred Enemy: CSM, just written out as a new rule.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Q: When making a Shooting attack against a unit, can Wounds
from the Wound Pool be allocated to models that were not within
range any of the shooting models when To Hit rolls were made (i.e.
half the targeted model are in the shooting models’ range, and half
are not)? (p15)

!!!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

jammu posted:

Vindicare Assassins can now actually assassinate people? (I.E no look out sir)
Outstanding!

Yeah, I was hoping that they would FAQ them and I'm very happy with this. You can snipe out Azrael from an IG blob, for example. Vindicares own now.

quote:

Q: When making a Shooting attack against a unit, can Wounds from the Wound Pool be allocated to models that were not within range any of the shooting models when To Hit rolls were made (i.e. half the targeted model are in the shooting models’ range, and half are not)? (p15)

Something every player needs to keep in mind. This can be either advantageous or problematic, depending on the situation. Nevertheless, don't forget about this ruling.

quote:

Q: If a model has a special rule or ability that allows it to re-roll one or more of its dice when determining charge distance (for example Fleet), and that model charges through difficult terrain, does it roll three dice, re-roll any desired, then remove the highest roll? (p22)

That's pretty cool. I didn't think it worked that way. I mean, Fleet, sure, but this seems to affect CSM units with an Icon of Wrath.

quote:

Q: If a model with Defensive Grenades is part of or joins a unit who do not have Defensive Grenades, for example a Grey Knight Grand Master with blind grenades, does the unit they join benefit from the effects of their Defensive Grenades? (p62)

Duh? That's what the entry for Defensive Grenades says. Why do they keep answering lovely obvious FAQs that are spelled out clearly in the books? The majority of people who play this game must be dumb as rocks, it's the only explanation.

quote:

Q: Do models in a multiple Toughness value unit who are involved in a Challenge still use the majority Toughness of their unit? (p64)
A: No, they use their own Toughness value.

This actually used to come up fairly often because RAW, they still used majority Toughness. I'm glad they fixed it.

quote:

Q: Can a model with the ability to repair Hull Points or Immobilised/Weapon Destroyed results from the Vehicle Damage Table use this ability on Zooming Flyers? (p80)

Dang, Big Meks can't throw their wrenches at Dakkajets that are zooming by in order to fix them :(

quote:

Q: Can the rider of a Chariot that is also a Skimmer make Sweep Attacks against Zooming Flyers or Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p82).

Q: If a Chariot is in combat with an enemy unit, can models from that unit direct attacks against the chariot itself? (p82)

I can't remember if these are old questions, they seem familiar but they are magenta. Anyway, Catacomb Command Barges just don't seem very good in 6th ed.

quote:

Q: Can a Wolf Guard Pack Leader or Independent Character join a squad of Wolf Scouts and benefit from the Outflank special rule because at least one model has the ability? (p27)

Q: If so, do they roll to see where they enter play using the Wolf Scouts’ Behind Enemy Lines special rule or the normal Outflank special rule?
A: The normal Outflank special rule.

Just keep nerfing Space Wolves, guys.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lungboy posted:

Anal flames do have a certain ring to them though.
Ugh.

I haven't read through much of the DA codex yet, but a lot of that FAQ stuff seems like really basic options that should already be in the codex.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phyresis posted:

Yeah, I was hoping that they would FAQ them and I'm very happy with this. You can snipe out Azrael from an IG blob, for example. Vindicares own now.

Well, you'd put one wound on Azrael and prevent him from using his own 4++, but the blob would still get the 4++.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Groetgaffel posted:

These guys look fantastic! As does their bases.
I'm really liking those light blue coats.

Tanks a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing your version too.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Well, you'd put one wound on Azrael and prevent him from using his own 4++, but the blob would still get the 4++.

Yeah, it should destroy the helm imo but the Matward didn't future-proof the ability correctly I guess. It'd take a few turns but you could shoot him with a Turbo-Penetrator the next turn and then finish him off the turn after that with a Hellfire round.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phyresis posted:

Yeah, it should destroy the helm imo but the Matward didn't future-proof the ability correctly I guess. It'd take a few turns but you could shoot him with a Turbo-Penetrator the next turn and then finish him off the turn after that with a Hellfire round.

Just park a darkshroud next to him in bolstered ruins. Insta 2+.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Q: Can a Flyer or Flying Monstrous Creature Leave Combat
Airspace on the same turn that it entered play from
Reserves/Ongoing Reserves? (p49/81)
A: No – the owning player must deploy and move their Flyer
or Flying Monstrous Creature in such a way that this does
not happen.

I used to like doing exactly this with my void raven after it dropped it's bomb :(

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SRM posted:

Ugh.

I haven't read through much of the DA codex yet, but a lot of that FAQ stuff seems like really basic options that should already be in the codex.

I just found out, two days after I ordered it, that the codex was out of stock at triplehelix so I still don't have it. But yeah, that errata really makes me wonder what state the book is in.

How do they gently caress up the basic options?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the most important change: Noise Marine units can take blastmasters in minimum-sized squads. CSM are gonna crush Ravenwing armies.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Thank god they finally FAQed Mycetic spores so you get a 6" disembark like on every other thing you disembark from.

quote:

Q: When making a Shooting attack against a unit, can Wounds from the Wound Pool be allocated to models that were not within range any of the shooting models when To Hit rolls were made (i.e. half the targeted model are in the shooting models’ range, and half are not)? (p15)

So, now that you can only kill models that are in range to be shot, how will that affect flamer squads? Lets say you have a squad of burna boyz. They attack a squad of 20 guardsmen. 8 of the burna boyz can hit guardsmen with their flame templates, but due to the placement of the two squads, only 6 of the guardsmen are in range of the flamers. Lets say that with these 8 flame templates, a total of 40 hits are possible. Lets say then that 30 of the hits wound.

Before, the entire guard squad would be wiped out cleanly. With the new FAQ rule, does that mean only 6 of the guardsmen would die, since the other 14 are out of range? That seems like a massive nerf to flame weapons for units that have multiple flamers.

But here's another question. Say I have a platoon command squad with 3 flamers and one lasgun. Could then the wounds from the flamers be allocated out to 24" due to that being the range of the lasgun, since they're part of the same wound pool?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Phyresis posted:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the most important change: Noise Marine units can take blastmasters in minimum-sized squads. CSM are gonna crush Ravenwing armies.

That and the Heldrake FAQ's are something I don't think any CSM player asked for, but glad to get.

The Heldrake thing is especially weird since it used to make you have to plan your vector of attack since it can be difficult to vector strike and flame appropriate targets in the same turn. Now, you basically can zoom over something and and be just within 12" of a unit to flame it, which seems excessive.

The Noise Marine thing is an interesting upgrade since you can now take a IC in the rhino and still have a Blastmaster, or just take two Blastmasters in a Rhino. Good times!

Also, I am almost certain the change to Flyers to not being able to zoom in and out of play is certainly due to Necron NightScythe nonsense, where you can keep the Scythe and the Necrons it holds completely safe until the last turn if you want.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Hmmm, does this work for templates? So now you can't hit three guys with a template from a Trukk full of burnas and proceed to wipe out the entire squad?

I mean it makes sense but darn.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

CyberLord XP posted:

Hmmm, does this work for templates? So now you can't hit three guys with a template from a Trukk full of burnas and proceed to wipe out the entire squad?

I mean it makes sense but darn.

I mean, realistically I always found that goofy. Like the image of a bunch of soldiers outside the range of a flamer, running into the path of a flamer and dying. It makes sense logically if you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thundercracker posted:

just take two Blastmasters in a Rhino. Good times!

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

• Locked thread