Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

sticksy posted:

What a shame - was it just because of injuries he got fat? Also is he done professionally or just with City?

Injuries were the catalyst, he was out for over a year, came back and got injured again immediately, that 2nd time he didn't particularly work hard to get better, he's a known drinker and gambler and has been for the past few years, i've seen him out in clubs at various points and not even nice places, just out in student clubs with his mates spending his wages, word within City is that he made no real attempt to sort himself out. Professionally he's definitely done at City, he's just been released. I mean there is no reason that he couldn't get fit again, but at no moment in the past 18 months - 2 years has he shown any particular desire to do so. I hope he sorts himself out, but it seems unlikely. On top of that he's missed 3 or 4 years of development as a player since the work he has done in training has just been basic fitness work as opposed to any technical stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I remember when he used to be a great prospect. A sad state of affairs. Let's just hope he's smart enough to get a proper job in the near future.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Sepp Blatter wants to be a pundit and reckons that he's a star because of his reception when he awarded a medal at the Olympics

Sepp Blatter posted:

This was just a very, I would say, a small boos. Stars are always booed so I'm a star, you have to take it this way. I thought that the public in the Olympic Games, they would be a little bit better educated.

Obligatory sepp.gif

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
Obligatory repost

Messi's done an advert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqB_PyVh0zo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTIpvemOID0

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Flanagan watched the match on Sunday in among the away support, love when players do that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hilarious miss:

http://footymemes.lockerdome.com/media/101792012

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Didn't that happen a few days after Qatar got the World Cup?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Serves him right for trying to finish with his left.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

joshtothemaxx posted:

Didn't that happen a few days after Qatar got the World Cup?

yes, this is pretty old. Still sad :(

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lol how all these players are gone

Also I think Leeds were linked with Michael Johsnon recently. I really feel bad for him, he was so promising. He needs to get on SwolePT and get back playing, or put that nice 5 year bulking cycle to work and become huge. But fat and drunk is no way to live.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

unironically would wear those sweat pants

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Modus Trollens posted:

unironically would wear those sweat pants

Justin Bieber wears those pants.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Can someone post the video of the goalie sitting on a floating pad with a goal on it saving shots? I think it was in Amsterdam. It was posted in the old thread and I forgot what it was called.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Somebody tweet this at him he responds to fans/people a lot https://twitter.com/tonyfernandes

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mr Cynicism posted:

Can someone post the video of the goalie sitting on a floating pad with a goal on it saving shots? I think it was in Amsterdam. It was posted in the old thread and I forgot what it was called.

It's not just any keeper, it's Van Der Sar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtSZqesLxA

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

T. Mascis posted:

Flanagan watched the match on Sunday in among the away support, love when players do that.

I didn't know eminem was a fan too

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Gigi Galli posted:

It's not just any keeper, it's Van Der Sar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtSZqesLxA

I like how he lets the hot girl score.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
@paintissogood is a Twitter account that does MS Paint drawings. He's done some football drawings that I've enjoyed

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBRMeW_gD8w

gol! gol! oooooooohhhhhh!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Guess who(se)...

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

sticksy posted:

Guess who(se)...

Frank Lampard?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
John Terry?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Pugwash?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

The Stevie.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Beckham?

Didion
Mar 16, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

John Terry?

Yeah, this.

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

sticksy posted:

Guess who(se)...

cool, i follow john terry on instagram too

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Wirth1000 posted:

John Terry?

Ding ding

and this just because this photo never gets old of him being a Brave English Lion idiot:

(also lol at glen johnson's hair vs now)

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
I always wondered, do players get to keep the shirt that they wear after the game or do clubs re-use the shirts?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I really like that hat.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I would imagine at the premier league level they would get at least a shirt a game; probably even more than one, in case something happens to a player's shirt before half-time. Shirts are constantly swapped, thrown to fans, torn, stretched, auctioned off at charities, etc. I guess if they wanted to keep it, if it was a particularly momentous match or something, they would do that too.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

They're a nice-looking couple.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Esposito posted:

I would imagine at the premier league level they would get at least a shirt a game; probably even more than one, in case something happens to a player's shirt before half-time. Shirts are constantly swapped, thrown to fans, torn, stretched, auctioned off at charities, etc. I guess if they wanted to keep it, if it was a particularly momentous match or something, they would do that too.

The top level Stoke hospitality seats include a match day shirt per person.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Byolante posted:

The top level Stoke hospitality seats include a match day shirt per person.

Compare this with Arsenal where you lose the shirt off your back!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I really like that hat.

I've got one in that colour.

But can you guess what Rachida first noticed about Eric, according to her?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

His money and celebrity status :newlol:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Breath Ray posted:

The football boot flying towards her face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
'The first thing I saw was the look in his eyes, there was something dark about it, it was piercing, he looked right through me.'

• Locked thread