Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Naoto does a motherfucking drive-by shooting

Teddie's is terrible; he tends to attack enemies that are knocked down already. Incidentally he also has the funniest comments when you turn him down, so there's no reason not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the Judgement card in shuffle time, does it really not do anything, or is there some hidden thing I'm just not seeing?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Trademarked posted:

Believe I found it,

http://i.imgur.com/nMS8i.jpg

Worth a note that its all P3 spoilers.

There's also Tartarus Theater, if you want more silly P3 comics.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I guess the second half of the Persona 4 anime dub came out this week. Has anyone seen it? I'm interested in how the new Kanji voice actor is.

The new guy is alright, you just have to get past the fact he isn't Troy Baker. Though my major complaint is that they had Bosch voice Ameno-Sagiri, seriously episode 25 is Bosch talking to himself for the whole thing. I also was annoyed by the fact they seemed to go with "swearing is cool!" for alot of dialogue to the point it just got excessive.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 16, 2013

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Was that the one where his response to Akinari's book was "GAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY" and he just threw tarot cards up in the air at Nyx and said "Nah gently caress this"? Because that was great.

Trademarked posted:

Believe I found it,

http://i.imgur.com/nMS8i.jpg

Worth a note that its all P3 spoilers.

Yes, yes, yes. This is it, and it is absolutely magical.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

I am aware this particular time the protagonist was maybe underaged as some books list him as 17 but others list him as 18 and it can be debated because High Schools in Japan are three years. He's second year high school because he's on the second floor, the third floor has upperclassmen, the youngest he is is 17 years old. He could very well just be legal as he could be a minor.

The protagonist should be 16/17 through the course of the story. Most of the characters are just old enough to get scooter licenses. 18 seems a little old for 11th grade, and you also have to remember that Japan has different laws than America. In some areas, 16 is the legal age of consent.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Nessa posted:

The protagonist should be 16/17 through the course of the story. Most of the characters are just old enough to get scooter licenses. 18 seems a little old for 11th grade, and you also have to remember that Japan has different laws than America. In some areas, 16 is the legal age of consent.

Cool fact: in the majority of US states (30, to be exact) the age of consent is sixteen, so it's really not even that different from America.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Persona 4: Golden - In some areas, 16 is the legal age of consent

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Hey! What do you know? Age of consent doesn't magically make it not creepy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
And to think, we would already be past this topic if Jet Ready Go hadn't flipped right the gently caress out.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Superstring posted:

Hey! What do you know? Age of consent doesn't magically make it not creepy.

Not saying that it does. It's totally supposed to be uncomfortable and creepy. Sorry for bringing it up again.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
drat, I just unlocked the Male Gekkou costume and oh my God is it amazing. I can't get over Yosuke mimicking Junpei's win pose perfectly. Does anyone know where I can find the female versions?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

CharlestonJew posted:

drat, I just unlocked the Male Gekkou costume and oh my God is it amazing. I can't get over Yosuke mimicking Junpei's win pose perfectly. Does anyone know where I can find the female versions?

If I remember correctly, you get it from Kashiwagi after finishing up her quest tree in January. I'm not 100% sure on when you get it, but I'm almost certain it's the right person.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

CharlestonJew posted:

You have to ace the last test before January (I think it's in November?), then talk to Kashiwagi in early January.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheJoker138 posted:

So did anyone else pick up Collection 2 of the anime today? Mercer did a pretty solid job as Kanji. Mainly because he was doing a Troy Baker impersonation for it, but hey. Also holy poo poo, it has the three funniest episodes of the whole series.

Yeah. Mercer wasn't that bad. Even if I kept hearing his Leon voice. Which is fine and made it better somehow. The only voice I felt that didn't meld was Naoto's. Although I thought McGlynn did a really good job during the Secret Laboratory.

The second season has a lot of awesome episodes. Especially the social link extravaganza that Yu partakes in. Not to mention that Johnny Yong Bosch delivers the best line of his career in the Beauty Pageant episode "I just want to feel sexy." But yeah, not a bad purchase.

It's almost out of my system guys. I swear.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The costumes really were a lot of fun. I think my favorite sets were Midwinter Yaso and Agent, though some looked better in them than others. For the MC I kept going back to Hardboiled Look, nothing else stacked up.

Is it true that Teddie gets some Junes Overalls like Yosuke's? I only got a set for Yosuke, and the various guides were unsure as to whether Tedie gets one as well.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Nate RFB posted:

The costumes really were a lot of fun. I think my favorite sets were Midwinter Yaso and Agent, though some looked better in them than others. For the MC I kept going back to Hardboiled Look, nothing else stacked up.

Is it true that Teddie gets some Junes Overalls like Yosuke's? I only got a set for Yosuke, and the various guides were unsure as to whether Tedie gets one as well.

I know Teddie gets a Junes Part-Timers apron like Yosuke does (since you get both costumes at the same time), but I haven't gotten the Overalls for him.

Also, Phoenix Rangers Featherman R forever. :colbert:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Freaksaus posted:

So the Judgement card in shuffle time, does it really not do anything, or is there some hidden thing I'm just not seeing?
If you get the sweep bonus and a Judgement card is there the next time you get the shuffle (and get the bonus added on) it changes to a random Arcana card. If you get a Judgement card without the bonus it does nothing. It can be useful if you already began shuffle time and want to end it without touching the terrible cards like Moon, Sun, Tower and Lovers.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man I forgot how much I hate fighting the november dungeon boss with only the MC healing. And the fact that hard mode seems to double all boss HP makes it such a massive slog.

Nate RFB posted:

I really prefer the cheerleading outfit on MC, cause he does the Izanagi stance when you win!

Don't think I've seen the hardboiled costume. I am really annoyed that I apparently missed costumes from not patting the fox on his head on certain days?

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 16, 2013

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So am I the only person now who, after watching the Hiimsday comic dub, find that whenever Adachi walks into the room they says to themselves, "Did someone here want to talk about MURDER?"? Because that is a perfect description of his character for pretty much all of the early game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, Phoenix Rangers Featherman R forever. :colbert:

I love Naoto sperging out about Featherman before catching herself. Reminds me of Ken.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Schubalts posted:

I love Naoto sperging out about Featherman before catching herself. Reminds me of Ken.

One of the things I noticed on New Game+ is the dialogue between Yosuke and Chie for those costumes changes if you're not past the School Campout yet. That gave me a good chuckle.

Yukiko's dialogue options are pretty amusing, too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Edit: INOTHING EVER HAPPENED HERE

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 16, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Yup.

uPen fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 16, 2013

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
However, (these are actual massive spoilers) saying "Hey dude, mentioning Adachi and murder in the same post is a big spoiler" is an actual massive spoiler, because the only reason someone would say that is if Adachi is the murderer.

In other words, THE AWESOME GHOST, you are the spoilers.

Sharkman
Dec 7, 2007

I think this game is kinda easy to break...must be my imagination...

Seriously, I'm on hard mode, and this is my very first playthrough. The first three floors of Hollow Forest were just "Watch me lightning everything to death in it's entirety," and everybody was at max level by the time I first set foot there. Skill cards make this all so simple compared to the old way of getting a Super-Izanagi (I still had to rely on the old way to get him Victory Cry, though. Thank god for Kaiwan and Skill Change days.)

Just one last thing...really Atlus? A second hot springs bath scene? A second one? Is feeling each other up when you're pretty an actual thing among girls in Japan? Anime sure seems to think so.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It really seems easy to break the game over your knee if you're even the slightest bit aware of Golden Hands and if you're good at consistently getting shuffle bonuses. I'm at the November dungeon and I'm already at level 85. I'm literally just fusing my high-level Persona into ones that are lower level just to mix things up at this point. (And even when I do that, the base level of these new Persona are higher than my other ones, so I just do the same amount of damage as before)

But whatever, I don't mind it. The game's still fun and I can just consider my level 89 Daisojou as a reward for putting up with some of the more bullshit fights in P3.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I really enjoyed the Velvet Room costumes and having everyone dressed like a hotel bellboy from another dimension.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.

DeathSandwich posted:

So am I the only person now who, after watching the Hiimsday comic dub, find that whenever Adachi walks into the room they says to themselves, "Did someone here want to talk about MURDER?"? Because that is a perfect description of his character for pretty much all of the early game.

Pretty much. :v:

Actually in regards to that...

I really do think his S. Link is one of the most well handled in the game. Before I kinda felt like the Adachi being the murderer wasn't very well foreshadowed but getting to know him, you can definitely tell he's putting up a front to Dojima and most everyone else he interacts with in game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I actually have a really hard time killing golden hands in my game. The ones in the november dungeon constantly spam sukukaja and have something like 2k HP (hard mode HP levels I figure). I figure people just go back into old dungeons and go grinding golden hands, but I won't have any of that.

CharlestonJew posted:

It really seems easy to break the game over your knee if you're even the slightest bit aware of Golden Hands and if you're good at consistently getting shuffle bonuses. I'm at the November dungeon and I'm already at level 85. I'm literally just fusing my high-level Persona into ones that are lower level just to mix things up at this point. (And even when I do that, the base level of these new Persona are higher than my other ones, so I just do the same amount of damage as before)

But whatever, I don't mind it. The game's still fun and I can just consider my level 89 Daisojou as a reward for putting up with some of the more bullshit fights in P3.
Yeah, meanwhile I'm at the end of the November dungeon with characters at 55 through 64 :>

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Rascyc posted:

I actually have a really hard time killing golden hands in my game. The ones in the november dungeon constantly spam sukukaja and have something like 2k HP (hard mode HP levels I figure). I figure people just go back into old dungeons and go grinding golden hands, but I won't have any of that.

Mind Charge and then Megidolaon. If you have both the MC and Naoto do it you'll win hands down, without Naoto you should get them low enough to easily finish them off in the next round. During your charge up round you may also want to toss out a Masukukaja or Masukunda to counteract any buffing the hands may do.

Follow this advice on the gold hands found in the dungeon you're in, and you'll be way too powerful in no time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I usually switch to my "Dragon Hustle" persona for Golden Handles (something with Auto-'s for all three buffs) as soon as I spot one on the map. Currently it's a Trumpeter, which is convenient because I also have Mind Charge and Megidolaon on him as well.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Rascyc posted:

Don't think I've seen the hardboiled costume. I am really annoyed that I apparently missed costumes from not patting the fox on his head on certain days?
You buy that one.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Mind Charge and then Megidolaon. If you have both the MC and Naoto do it you'll win hands down, without Naoto you should get them low enough to easily finish them off in the next round. During your charge up round you may also want to toss out a Masukukaja or Masukunda to counteract any buffing the hands may do.

Follow this advice on the gold hands found in the dungeon you're in, and you'll be way too powerful in no time.
Yeah, I know this. I'm like 6-12 levels too short to start doing that with Megidolaon, which I believe the earliest you can get is 70 on trumpeteer unless Golden added a new source. Even with megidola, you still need at least 3 charged megidolas to kill the ones I'm fighting. On average my golden hands start escaping on turn 5.

And to be quite honest, I don't really want to break the game through golden hand hunting anyway. Finishing that dungeon at those levels felt pretty good anyway.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I bit the bullet and ordered the first part of the Persona 4 anime on blue disc. If I'm at the November dungeon right now, would I be able to watch all of part 1 without spoiling myself?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Yeah, I know this. I'm like 6-12 levels too short to start doing that with Megidolaon, which I believe the earliest you can get is 70 on trumpeteer unless Golden added a new source.

Magician cards during Shuffle Time will upgrade Megido (available at 35 from Taotie) to Megidola, then to Megidolaon.

As has been mentioned before, the changes to Shuffle Time make it insanely easy to break the game's difficulty curve over your knee.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

W.T. Fits posted:

Magician cards during Shuffle Time will upgrade Megido (available at 35 from Taotie) to Megidola, then to Megidolaon.
I wish I was this lucky :(

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Detective No. 27 posted:

I bit the bullet and ordered the first part of the Persona 4 anime on blue disc. If I'm at the November dungeon right now, would I be able to watch all of part 1 without spoiling myself?

I'm pretty sure Part 1 only goes up until around the summer break, so I believe you're fine.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Rascyc posted:

The Magician card is basically the best card you can get, I managed to get God's Hand, Megidola and many more moves of destruction simply because I was lucky enough to get those cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rascyc posted:

Skill cards are awesome, I've been pretty lucky with them.

I don't have an up to date picture but this is my Ares about a fight or 2 before getting Rampage upgraded to Aeon Rain from a skill card.

Repel Physical I inherited from a fusion became Null Physical from a Skill card as well as Counter becoming Counterstrike. Hoping for another one to pop to maybe upgrade Dodge Wind to Repel Wind.

• Locked thread