Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I have fully solved ISBoxer issues, get with me in game if you want a free option with almost all of ISBoxer's functionality.

Zapzan - YAY cmon over! We've got a sweet thang goin' on Test. Lots of activity and chatter going all night.

Pils - We've got another Eurogoon on Test now who's pretty cool but I dunno how much play he'll have a chance to do.

vvv If you guys will figure out a time one night, I'll come blast Anguish for those orbs you kids need. I got rid of all my rustiness at the expense of the poor Test goons

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pilsner posted:

I'm in Copenhagen in Denmark. Yeah, Euros and EverQuest is a rare combo. Back in the day, from 2000 to 2002 when I played hardcore I lived at home and just stayed up all night to play with Americans. For months on end I would stay up until around 9am, then eat breakfast and go to bed. Wake up around 6pm, eat mom's food, then play play play. I was technically signed up to university but burned out on it quickly, so I just played EQ for two years until I thankfully got interested in uni again and quit EQ. :)

Doesn't help you much now but I believe that Solusek Ro was the unofficial European server at launch (at least the unofficial German server.) I played on that server (before free transferring to Ayonae Ro because of the population.)

It looks like I'm going to move to Test after all. Probably won't be for another week or two though because I want to finish a few things on the live server just in case.

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
I'm going to start a mag/enc/dru 3 box on test. How effectively will I be able to level by pet tanking?

And my goal is actually to be able to do PoTime with the 3 of them. What level would I have to be for that? 75-80?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Karana, way back in early EQ, was the French server, I remember. Never played on it because I had just come to the US, but I thought about it (I speak fluent French). No British server that I can recall, sadly, but EQ never had the presence in Europe that WoW did/has.

Most of the active Luclin goons have pretty much decided to come to Test, so I am going to throw it out there again: I think that we should form a new Goon guild on Test. There are older names kicking about (I still do like Ominous Fearboners), but when I was playing WoW during my second run before Cataclysm, we made a guild called "Mistakes Were Made", which I think is an absolutely hilarious title for a guild.

I realize that goon play is quite seasonal, but having a common guild hall, name, identity and so on will give people a sense of belonging and fond memories of Goonanigans (do you see what I did there?) to come back to. Since it was my idea, I am willing to form the guild, but I do not like the idea of being the "leader" in either name or in-game function because I will be around sporadically once this month ends.

Devious, I would like to hear about your free Isboxer equivalent (and I believe that I know who you are in-game now)

To the above poser: Druids are very mediocre these days - play a shaman. The only way that I can recommend a druid is for transportation, and that isn't worth that much. I hate to slag off my own class, but druids are 3rd-rate nukers, 2nd-rate healers, have mediocre DoTs, can't fight for toffee... there just isn't really a good reason to play them these days and if I hadn't already had a high-level druid when I started up again last May, I would not have played one at all.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 16, 2013

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

jetz0r posted:

I'll make the offer to testcopy over little carepacks to you test goons again. I can ship over packs of: (listed by character)

~2m plat, 3k dream motes, an Amulet of Necropotence, a Manastone, a stack of Pure Light orbs, lots of 14 slot bags and/or TS items, and whatever random things I have from exping.

An AoN, Circlet of Shadows, a stack of pure Metal orbs, a Bioluminescent Orb, L90 arrow summoning quiver.

My trader with whatever random stuff I'm trying to sell (RoF random drop gear and Eternal Grove crap) plus some plat.

Added: Disease Cure shields for everyone. and some Purity augs (including a 30 purity aug)

Testcopy is working again, but due to some time warp when testing copying, I didn't send over much/any plat.
And you still can't send plat to offline players. Is there someone who's online all the time I can just send large amounts of plat to for distribution to the rest of you?

SEND IN GAME EMAIL TO XEGONY.ILLA WITH DETAILS ON WHAT YOU WANT. I sent stuff to the 3 of you who did that.

If you get random items with lovely stats, they're probably tribute trash, so try giving them to the tribute vendor and see what the offer is.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Jeff - I'm Kodaji in game, you or anyone else not on Test who wants ISBoxer details /tell Test.Kodaji in game

Is your druid 88+? If not, then don't speak to druid/shaman efficiency in the game now because there are multiple lines for both classes that don't exist pre-88. Druids are exceptional group healers and capable of every bit as much dmg mitigation via debuff as Shamans are via slows. I say this as a Shaman with no Druid. If you like druids, stick with it, they're fantastic once you catch up to the portion of the game where it matters. You really can't go wrong with either class unless you're looking for DPS first and foremost, in which case why are you even thinking about either one.

Illa I'm on Kodaji ALL the time on Test thanks to my previous business going belly up and new job not starting until April if you want to send packages to me for redistribution on Test, though I'd assume you'll probably have to Testcopy and spend the extra 5 minutes of :effort: and we're probably pretty stocked on poo poo as is.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

To the above poser: Druids are very mediocre these days - play a shaman. The only way that I can recommend a druid is for transportation, and that isn't worth that much. I hate to slag off my own class, but druids are 3rd-rate nukers, 2nd-rate healers, have mediocre DoTs, can't fight for toffee... there just isn't really a good reason to play them these days and if I hadn't already had a high-level druid when I started up again last May, I would not have played one at all.

I will disagree with you on all this. I main a druid in the top guild in game and group pretty much exclusively with people from that guild for these comparisons. I can compete with our best rogues in group sustained dps (over several hours) while providing backup/emergency heals. With a good Knight tanking, I can contribute about 75% of my dps while keeping them alive. Or heal on par with a cleric if I'm keeping a warrior alive. With minimal support I can still drop 50k burns on named mobs thanks to my built in adps.

In raids I'm just as good as a 2nd cleric in a tank group (first is needed for aura and such). Provide some aDPS to caster groups, can out of group heal better than a cleric and switch over to providing decent dps if healing isn't needed. I am legit not fighting for spots in the high end burn parses against dps classes, but I can beat out any other utility class.

Read this post http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/druid-raiding-druid-guide.131/ and ask questions in druid serverwide. Most people just do not play druids well, we're not clerics in leather or lovely wizards. We've been looking for another good druid for months and can't find who is willing to transfer. :( There just aren't many out there.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I don't think that dude's Druid is remotely current. You know how much I used to poo poo on Druids last year and I've already sung their praises 2 posts up. You guys are a force from hell these days and I'd hate for goons to get the wrong idea about the class, because the fact is druids are loving awesome these days :colbert:

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Druid is a girl class.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Girl druids and halfling druids weren't even allowed in real guilds, you lie.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Good grief, such venom... gently caress me for stopping leveling at 80.

I never built my character for high-end raiding and still don't really aspire to it, but I have a 80 druid with 1200 AA, which is substantial for that level, and I formed my recommendation off of that. If that is how it is for end-game uber people, so be it, but level 95+ raiding is not the entire game and it takes a huge time investment to get to that level. At 80, I feel that druids are very much the Swiss Army Knife of classes, but all of the blades are rather dull. At that point, druids are profoundly mediocre in all of the key areas, and this is with every nuke- and heal-enhancing AA available.

What you said, Devious, is very encouraging (I am still bitter about how awful druids were in early EQ), but I find myself more keen to start new characters than level existing ones, so I don't know if I will ever get my druid that high, even with the Test exp bonuses. Ironically, 88 is my lucky number as well.

I guess that gives me some incentive to go even higher.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

It's not venom, it's just misleading goons who are deciding on classes based on current content rather than stuff from 5 years ago. Druids most definitely had a slack period, but at the moment they're fantastic.

I have the same alt-leveling problem :( Working on a necro now just because F grinding

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

(I am still bitter about how awful druids were in early EQ)

Druids (good ones) were gods earlier EQ.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

MrTheDevious posted:

It's not venom, it's just misleading goons who are deciding on classes based on current content rather than stuff from 5 years ago. Druids most definitely had a slack period, but at the moment they're fantastic.

Well, I think both perspectives are important. I was also not basing it on 5 years ago, I was basing it on an 80 Druid right now, which is still a pretty robust level. Level 80, to my mind, is the very beginning of the late game, where gear quality and monster difficulty absolutely skyrocket. Most people are going to get turned off of a class that is shite up to 88 even if they know that they will become fantastic later because they get tired of feeling like arse for so long. For someone boxing, shaman are useful from start to finish - there is a reason they are so widely played these days - and anyone who is asking for a good 3-man crew should realise that right from the off.

You know, I am just going to say it - EQ has just way too much grind. The amount of crap that it takes to get to the highest levels is tough enough, but getting all of that AA is just too too much. People bitch about how, in WoW, you get to max level and there is "nothing else to do" (I hear this constantly in General), but in WoW, with the way that talent points work, you have to pick a spec (2, actually) with a character and go with it. This gives you a clearly defined role and everyone knows your limitations. Because you CAN have it all in EQ, you are really expected to have it all, so even if you do play a hybrid like a Druid and have max everything for heals, people are going to think that you are rubbish because you cannot nuke and vice versa. I have railed and railed for them to refine the AA tables to make them logical, balanced, and tighter after so many expansions of abilities constantly building on each other, but I know they will never bother because there is no money in it. Also, dipshit purists would whine about it even though it is a great idea.

By the way, Devious, isn't starting a new character just as much "grinding" as improving an established one? Not taking the piss, but it kind of is. Honestly, I have 4 level 80 characters and would like to explore the other 12 classes with which I am not familiar, but even with 2x/3x Test experience the thought of going through all of that low-level fluff just nauseates me. I have said it before and I will say it again: they need to have a thing in the Station Store that you can buy with real money that boosts you up to level 60 or something. They are all about making dosh from microtransactions these days and they would make a killing on that. I know that getting to 60 is much, much faster than it used to be, but I think that they should do it and they would make a boatload of cash off of it.

Edit: Tai, I was actually about to respond to your post, but I am now convinced that you are trolling. You almost had me for a minute, though.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I wasn't actually trolling honestly. Druids were so versatile back in the day it was so much fun to play.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

If this doesn't want to make you install this horrible game again then I don't even know.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Vomik posted:

How are you getting 121 AA on one lesson in direwind?? Is there a higher level slaughtering the zone or is it just a group of direwind level people? Oh wait that includes the test double EXP but still that is really good.

I run ISBoxer with my SK (84, ~1500 AA), bard (84, ~1450 AA), ranger (84, ~1350 AA), and rogue (81, ~600 AA), and my wife on her wizard (83, ~1450 AA). Sixth slot can literally be anything as long as they can stay the gently caress alive. I just go from mob to mob which I'd say have an average life expectancy of 6 seconds...there's no magic -- I just have a really good route. As Dev said, I don't have my 2.0 so I can't swarm, but once I get it I bet I can double the AA by logging out between waves.

MrTheDevious posted:

Tapp's SK runs around with a bunch of people in group slaughtering everything. There's no trick, they just obliterate everything and Direwind has a bunch of mobs all over the place. Given the fact Tapp doesn't even have a 2.0 finished yet and I've never been able to surpass that AA speed even swarming, I'm suitably impressed by his Direwind Express racking up that many every night for entire groups :worship: The Test goons who're new to me really are drat good at this game.

:glomp: Recognition! But to clarify, the guys pulling in 100+ AA are scrubs in their 70s (the 6th man); my toons average about 70 each across our 5.

MrTheDevious posted:

Jeff - I'm Kodaji in game, you or anyone else not on Test who wants ISBoxer details /tell Test.Kodaji in game

I was loving ISBoxer except for the fact that when I load it up my keyboard randomly starts spazzing out (hit a button once and it acts as if I'm holding the button down, which seriously fucks with my train). I just loaded up my clients a few minutes ago and the keyboard completely stopped responding until I quit out of the clients.

.........Annnnnnnd as I was typing that paragraph out the same issue popped up despite not having ISBoxer software loaded, so I think my original G15 is finally dying. :(

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

Girl druids and halfling druids weren't even allowed in real guilds, you lie.

My wow guild had a question on the application that read "have you or would you ever consider playing a halfling druid".

Answering yes got your app immediately discarded

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

No offense but level 80 isn't even remotely close to current content unless you're just grinding AA, in which case druid contribution is irrelevant anyway. Especially on Test, you can be 85 with hundreds of AA in a matter of weeks max. Just look at our Direwind Express. I acknowledge that it may seem much harder on Luclin or when missing vital classes, but anyone on Test can go from new character to 80 + hundreds of AA in a week. 85+ is bare minimum "current" and it's still not really a grind. Paying the Druid Tax or whatever for a couple weeks when you're lackluster is nothing compared to the Tank Tax any tanking class has to pay in order to be relevant, so I don't consider 80 content as a factor in class choice.

Once you hit the actual level range where snoozefest grinding ends, Druids are hands-down amazing and I don't want new goons to steer away from the class because of outdated opinions. Again, I don't even play a Druid and was first in line to poo poo on them back when they were lame, but they're loving nice now once you hit content where class ability matters.

Starting a new character (on Test or wherever us high levels happen to be) is nothing remotely close to trying to improve a new one. I made a brand new necro on a brand new account last night and I'm clearing Time and Anguish tonight to gear her at 70. I'll grant you that your ability to speed through lower content is dependent on having higher level friends, but ask the Test goons...anyone on test already has a high level friend more than willing to spend a couple hours turning a new character into a relevant character. There is no reason to plan class choice on a portion of the game that is no longer remotely relevant that my SK speeds you through in 4 hours anyway.

To be frank, it's not even dependent on me PLing you. Tapp is a sterling example of taking advantage of the game in order to bypass older poo poo you don't want to do. He's pulling a group 500+ total AA in 30 minutes every night and will most likely double that once he finishes his 2.0 and uses our sick sploit orb. Until you're attempting AT LEAST HoT content, your class isn't current, relevant, or noteworthy just because you can abuse the game so, so easily to get to that point, thus class opionions before that point aren't accurate advice for a goon coming back who wants to just let Test goons spend a few hours dragging him to the actual current content

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

If you continue to stop at lvl 80 and start new chars you will never get over the last hump needed to actually try out some challenging, relevant group content that EQ has to offer - starting with House of Thule missions. The whole first part of EQ is essentially just grinding endless mobs, but once you can do HoT missions, starting at around lvl 85 with a box crew of two or more, you start mixing in instanced missions, which are challenging, fresh content, a new way of playing compared to grinding mobs, and provide actually good loot if you stick to it. They also provide REALLY good xp compared to those light blues you're probably killing in Direwind at lvl 85. It feels really nice to get a chunk of (for example) 15 AA at the end of a mission, plus all the xp you gained killing mobs during the mission. Some of them are also really neat aesthetically, with a little humor here and there.

If you choose certain classes and let mercs do the main tanking and healing, you can also pick some classes where the AA requirement isn't that rough. If you do Test, grinding the first 1000 AA in Paw should really be a minor bump in the road at lvl 80, then it's full sail towards lvl 85 where you can reset your AA and start picking some good stuff. I would only recommend two archetypes in your box setup:

1) A pulling capable class, like a monk, SK or bard. Pulling is still a much required skill (not very difficult these days though) in missions
2) A backup healer, like a shaman or druid.

Also consider buffs - haste is a must, either through potions (gets a bit tiresome to rebuff every 30 minutes and they're only 50%), or a shaman or enchanter.

PS: Really cool about that Naggy kill. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I Love You! posted:

My wow guild had a question on the application that read "have you or would you ever consider playing a halfling druid".

Answering yes got your app immediately discarded

Hey now, my druid was a halfling! Creemy Filling was a tiny little bad rear end. I really only made him halfling so I could sneak and hide, which were great for PvP.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

Well, I think both perspectives are important. I was also not basing it on 5 years ago, I was basing it on an 80 Druid right now, which is still a pretty robust level. Level 80, to my mind, is the very beginning of the late game, where gear quality and monster difficulty absolutely skyrocket. Most people are going to get turned off of a class that is shite up to 88 even if they know that they will become fantastic later because they get tired of feeling like arse for so long. For someone boxing, shaman are useful from start to finish - there is a reason they are so widely played these days - and anyone who is asking for a good 3-man crew should realise that right from the off.

This is what he meant by the 5 year thing
The Serpent's Spine (September 2006) Max level to 75
The Buried Sea (February 2007) Still 75
Secrets of Faydwer (November 2007) max level to 80
Seeds of Destruction (October 2008) max level to 85
Underfoot (December 2009) stayed 85 - added VERY important spell and AA lines to many classes
House of Thule (October 2010) max level to 90
Veil of Alaris (November 2011) max level to 95
Rain of Fear (November 2012) max level to 100

You are in fact using spells and abilities from 2007, but with gear from 2010. (If you're using HoT T1 gear) To say you're missing out on large portions of class's abilities would be a huge understatement. If this is how you choose to play EQ, that's fine. But don't expect others to view the game through the same time warp you do and then get mad when they don't.

quote:

Druids (good ones) were gods earlier EQ.
We can do drat near everything we could back then, except thorns things to death. And in general I now try to avoid getting hit. Even though I keep getting marked main tank in exp groups.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
Well I bought this really nice dual monitor set up with an i5 quad core just so I can three box back in November, but I've been so busy I haven't even had time to set up my hotkeys. Vild, Xantarr and Smugatheist should be returning soon, and I'm glad there's a current goon rush as I still have yet to get my 2.0 or even finish my 1.5 and I'll need help.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I genuinely apologise for having said anything, both for being "out of touch" and for having giving everyone the hump. Had I known that this was going to happen, I would have just made a dick joke and called it a post.

Integ and I copied to Test tonight just for giggles, and even though it was sooooooo much quieter in the guild lobby, I went to Plane of Fire and it was still overcamped. I couldn't help but laugh; I jump to a server with a fraction of the population of my old one, and I still can't get the camps I want. loving hilarious. Then I went to Paw, killed the first trash mob I saw, and got half of an AA point (no lesson). That was genuinely awesome.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ante Christ posted:

Well I bought this really nice dual monitor set up with an i5 quad core just so I can three box back in November, but I've been so busy I haven't even had time to set up my hotkeys. Vild, Xantarr and Smugatheist should be returning soon, and I'm glad there's a current goon rush as I still have yet to get my 2.0 or even finish my 1.5 and I'll need help.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Jeff, you are 100% enjoy the gate proc on the OT hammer if you feel like clicking it. I can only cheese think or 4x drops an entire guild might want, so I doubt I get those soon

Anyway my point is that we have 4ish guilds for the opening of the server/etc

Once everyone had used up their free beginner staff. If you're just looking to get swarmed, hit 80 then make Beo do it for you! Even though B is't around this particular goonrush seems pretty awesome for me. I hope Dain drops 18x pilgrim toes NO OFFENSE

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Testcopy is working again, but due to some time warp when testing copying, I didn't send over much/any plat.
And you still can't send plat to offline players. Is there someone who's online all the time I can just send large amounts of plat to for distribution to the rest of you?

SEND IN GAME EMAIL TO XEGONY.ILLA WITH DETAILS ON WHAT YOU WANT. I sent stuff to the 3 of you who did that.

If you get random items with lovely stats, they're probably tribute trash, so try giving them to the tribute vendor and see what the offer is.

Hey man, sorry about earlier, went to shower and saw you sent me a message I think!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

iNteg posted:

Hey man, sorry about earlier, went to shower and saw you sent me a message I think!

You have a pile of stuff on test now.

I was testing if crossserver tells worked fine for non-test servers, and they do.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Once I finally move to Test, I would really like to do the quest line to get up to J5 mercs. Money won't be an issue on Test (there isn't much to buy, from what I hear) even though really good mercs are very expensive, but after having to make do with A5s for so long, it would be nice to have hirelings whose armour isn't made of cake and who don't waste mana like it has been linked with Black Plague.

Edit: Okay, a bit confused... can you send tells from Live servers to test and vice-versa, or can you only send tells between Live servers?

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r
Finally got copied over to test with my 80 bard and mage, it's changed my beautiful name to Torpex :(

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

torp0r posted:

changed my beautiful name to Torpex :(

Isn't that a herpes medication?

torp0r
Jan 14, 2008
torp0r

DevNull posted:

Isn't that a herpes medication?

Yeah probably, will go well with the guild name right?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I hope you test guys can sort some of that crap out yourselves, I'm getting confused about what I've sent out and to who.

I gave about 6m to cycomatix because parceling plat just does not work. And I can't run my mules out to pok to buy those gold ingots to parcel around.

Also, Shizzx, I sent a load of SK items to Shizz. my bad.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
Yep I got it, gave some to Funzoe and Yomofo, but I had to jet for work. I got some for Shizzx and Hyeater I think is who you told me to give them too Jetzor, I'll try to hit you guys up tomorrow or the next day.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Raid happened. Mob died. Leader was a slacker though and got us wiped once because we killed the adds too fast. He also forgot to run a parse. I assume I topped it for most heals. Oh, and it was only 3 of us. We were all two-boxing it.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

:negative:

I tried my best. I spent 5 hours last night trying to progress through the questline for Valthun's Memory Shard, and got stuck on the ultra-rare drop part. Jesus christ that quest was torture. Objectives resettings when getting spotted by phantom guards, the ship sailor wave event taking 30 minutes per player, ultra-rare drops all over... :argh:

Tonight I'll just do what Kodaji recommended and get the Wanderlust charm aug instead.

Do you think they'll bring back the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons this anniversary? It rewards a kickass charm aug.

cycomatix
Apr 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
DevNull got this sweet charm aug off of trash mobs in Shard's Landing. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106462

It takes a bit of questing to get it up there though.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

You have a pile of stuff on test now.

I was testing if crossserver tells worked fine for non-test servers, and they do.

Thanks man! that's awesome of you. I really appreciate it :D

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So I made it over to Test with my Level 69 SK/Bard/Shm trio, popped over to The Hole to see what the xp was like with the test bonus. There was a high 60s necro soloing stuff in the passageway leading up towards the temple, and we hopped back and forth over each other a few times. And then I'm pretty sure he trained the poo poo out of me while I was killing the 5 mobs in the courtyard of the temple.

Is that like, a normal thing? How does claming an area etiquette work? I figured it was just "don't kill npcs that someone else has already engaged."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

I don't know the etiquette for modern EQ but the rule of thumb used to be you could claim as much as you could keep killed, although some zones had certain camps.