Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Oxxidation posted:

The high point of A6 is, was, and will by all accounts continue to be Dave nonchalantly suplexing Karkat into a table.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to nonchalantly suplex someone? That is basically a coolkid postdoc thesis.

Not only that, he nonchalantly suplexed someone who was screaming, flailing, and entangled severely in his cape. Which, naturally, untangled him.

If your run-of-the-mill nonchalant suplex is a postdoc thesis, Dave wrote all seven textbooks and a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So if Trickster Mode increases game powers like a power-up... and the No-Orb Ring increases Void powers like a power-up...

Roxy is going to be totally ridiculous.

P.S. New name for the Trickster super-infection: Captain Tricks

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I wanted to see Trickster-Roxy dance :(

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Whats with Trickster stuff letting us, the readers, suddenly interact semi-directly with poo poo? Remiends me of the line Doc Scratch said way back when about who has been influencing the story.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I'm guessing the kids/meteor crew are going to get to the session just in time for them to witness Dirk getting Trickster'd and they have to figure out what the poo poo is going on from what little he manages to say.

Then they get out Aradia's timetable things to try to prevent it happening because they figure it was never meant to be and Gamzee steals them.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The Tricksters have lost all inhibitions. Considering some of the tumblr people were like "I miss drunk Roxy, she was funny." and Hussie enjoys giving people what they ask for0 terrible, terrible ways...

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

President Ark posted:

I'm guessing the kids/meteor crew are going to get to the session just in time for them to witness Dirk getting Trickster'd and they have to figure out what the poo poo is going on from what little he manages to say.

Then they get out Aradia's timetable things to try to prevent it happening because they figure it was never meant to be and Gamzee steals them.

That would mean there's been a beta kid or troll hanging out in this session for 24 hours.

Huh. Interesting.

EDIT: Problem solved.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 17, 2013

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Awww yeah, time for some STERN FATHERLY DISAPPROVAL
time for DAD TO GROUND ALL OF THEM FOR LIFE

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
If I were Dad, I'd kinda disapprove of these shenanigans as well. On the flipside, it's hilarious.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I will be extremely unhappy if Dirk gets to save the day again. The guy is a tool, he doesn't deserve to be the hero.

But there doesn't seem to be any other way out of Saccharagnarok at the moment.

As a wise little gremlin in some sci-fi movie once said, "No. There is another."

If anyone can help a wayward teen back onto the correct path, it's gotta be this dapper gent.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Trickster dad incoming.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Dad disapproves of these hijinks.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

black metal hugbox posted:

Trickster dad incoming.

Dad is far too serious to be Trickstered. If anything, he's like Trickster kryptonite. His sobering presence reverts all Tricksterism.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

They'll try to Trickster him, only it turns out this is Trickster Dad. Normal Dad is somehow even more stern and fatherly than this.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Trickster Dad is actually Problem Sleuth. Hussie has waited years to spring this trap, and all those act 1 theories will finally be proven true in the best, and simultaneously worst, way.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.

Dad updates are up there with Jack Stabgreet™ and Vriska Time™ as some of my most anticipated updates.

Edit: Comedy Option- press the candy-header every time "Stern Fatherly Disapproval" flashes.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 17, 2013

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I will be super thrilled if Dad gets to do something now, not if they all just fly off.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
JANE

IF YOU ARE READING THIS, IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE FLIPPED YOUR loving LID, AND WHAT'S WORSE, YOU'VE TAKEN TO INFECTING YOUR FRIENDS WITH THIS SILLINESS.

I'M NOT MAD, I'M JUST DISAPPOINTED.

REGARDLESS, I AM STILL SO, SO PROUD OF YOU

DAD

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You can't ground someone from in jail, unfortunately, but the knowledge that his daughter and her friends are engaging in wanton (if unfamiliar) substance abuse might be what provides the impetus for his escape. If that's the case, we'll probably see where John learned to do this.

Jane will probably be glad to learn he's alive, however.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dad's Prankster's Gambit is at an all-time low.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
But what will happen if John arrives to meet a Dad that looks just like his but isn't? This thought is bumming me out :(

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I imagine it will go like this:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

VJeff posted:

"This is gonna end at 111 tugs isn't i- son of a bitch."
-- Me, five minutes ago.

Where else has this number shown up? BKEW says it's an arc number, but I can't remember ever seeing it. :confused:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Admiral Goodenough posted:

But what will happen if John arrives to meet a Dad that looks just like his but isn't? This thought is bumming me out :(

I'm pretty sure Hussie will have Jane's Dad in the exact same state as John's Dad by the time the alpha and beta kids meet.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
One possibly hypothesis is that the Juju isn't actually a "power up" per se, but is in fact a modding omnitool. This effectively turned their server into a Gmod or forge server or similiar, removing the kids from any semblance of normal gameplay. This also results in extreme sillyness, as people who no longer have to worry about the usual limits of gameplay make up their own rules and drama of an entirely different sort, the kind that server leaders are often involved in despite saying they're above the petty squabbles of normal players. Possibly resulting in them trying to "ban" their god tier friends for either "hacking" or "getting in the way of the fun" just for not wanting to engage in their type of sillyness.

Also, when trickster mode was first engaged I immediately thought of this oblivion video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fxVeAVl2I8

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, this is probably the impetus Dad needs to bust out of the slammer. The kids'll get away this time, but he'll be off to Dad some sense into them soon enough.

I'm picturing if they try to trickster him it'll end like Tavriska, in an irreconcilable explosion.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Where else has this number shown up? BKEW says it's an arc number, but I can't remember ever seeing it. :confused:

11/11/11, when Act 6 began.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Cat Mattress posted:

I'm pretty sure Hussie will have Jane's Dad in the exact same state as John's Dad by the time the alpha and beta kids meet.
The trickster version of Jane's Dad is in fact John's Dad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Act 6 began on 11/11/11 in real-time, and that was also the in-universe date of Jane's entry into the session. The Empress uses a double-trident, which can be expressed as two groups of three prongs, or 111 111.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
Maybe homestuck will end when Hussie starts hitting the birthday paradox and can't make new strips without accidentally referencing old strips.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

P.S. New name for the Trickster super-infection: Captain Tricks

I just want you to know that this was a good punreference and i appreciated it even though nobody else mentioned it!

Also, i really hope Dad loving grounds them all. Either that, or Dirk will have to go apeshit katanas.

What is even the deal with all the hate for Dirk anyway, he's cool (though not as cool as Roxy. RIP ROXY) and he's getting more development than the rest of the crew. He's badass.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

There is no way Dirk's not getting Trickstered. He most likely will make a decent attempt at dodging it, but will ultimately fail. I mean, think about it; he could use trickster mode's high more than any of the other kids, to the point where, in my opinion, talking about him not going through the Experience is a moot point.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Paul.Power posted:

The trickster version of Jane's Dad is in fact John's Dad.

In all his stabbed-by-Beck-Noir glory.

Dorroile posted:

What is even the deal with all the hate for Dirk anyway, he's cool (though not as cool as Roxy. RIP ROXY) and he's getting more development than the rest of the crew. He's badass.

I just want Dirk to be tricksterized.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Dorroile posted:

I think it's the same principle as having your favorite character killed off: there's less focus on them.

So what do people do? Put the blame on the one who is getting the focus. This is not a local phenomenon, either; people can be surprisingly petty.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm pretty sure that a Trickster Dad (in the manner that the kids are trickster'd right now) is solidly on the list of things I Can't Handle. I'd break down like John did when he discovered his Dad's room.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I'm pretty sure that a Trickster Dad (in the manner that the kids are trickster'd right now) is solidly on the list of things I Can't Handle. I'd break down like John did when he discovered his Dad's room.

Trickster Dad is regular Dad, except that he wears a silly and colorful tie. He's really cutting loose.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Dorroile posted:

Trickster Dad is regular Dad, except that he wears a silly and colorful tie. He's really cutting loose.
This is pretty likely, since Trickster mode seems to remove most of the person's inhibitions. I'm willing to bet that Dad without inhibitions would be pretty much the same as normal Dad. Also he'll probably have a small cake on his head.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ablative posted:

I think it's the same principle as having your favorite character killed off: there's less focus on them.

So what do people do? Put the blame on the one who is getting the focus. This is not a local phenomenon, either; people can be surprisingly petty.

Actually I think people don't like Dirk because he's a weird manipulative douchebag projecting so much smugness you could boil an egg in the deep, turbid waters of his infallibility.

I mean, he's more complex than that and has been contextualised lately as having flaws and doubts &c, I don't dislike him as a character or even as a person anymore really. But prior to his recent logs, I thought he was a creepy jerk (especially re: Jake) and I think a lot of other people did too.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

senseinobu posted:

This is pretty likely, since Trickster mode seems to remove most of the person's inhibitions. I'm willing to bet that Dad without inhibitions would be pretty much the same as normal Dad. Also he'll probably have a small cake on his head.
AAAAAAAAAAAGGGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Whatpumpkin store update!

New cherub hoodies.

14 Month 2013/14 calendar, with july art by kc green!