Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
This talk about Zhang Liao just made me think of something: Do we know what weapon Pang De is going to be using going forward? I was pretty disappointed by the club in Orochi 3, mostly because it lacked his incredible second musou from 7XL. That cavalry charge :allears:

EDIT: Also he kind of did have the whole twin axes / halberds thing first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheresmy5bucks
Feb 10, 2007

So, where is it?

Chachi posted:

This talk about Zhang Liao just made me think of something: Do we know what weapon Pang De is going to be using going forward? I was pretty disappointed by the club in Orochi 3, mostly because it lacked his incredible second musou from 7XL. That cavalry charge :allears:

In a way of obsessively trolling the fan base, Pang De will be cut again.

But he'll probably keep the Beatstick.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
gently caress I'm gonna end up importing that Kamen Rider game because there's no way in hell it's gonna get an English release, but it'll be so worth it. SO WORTH IT.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Chachi posted:

His Cavalry Charge is back in Empires, and the Mace is his EX in that game, and since no one else is sharing the moveset I'm guessing he's locked into it.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

5er posted:

I've always been partial to Zhang Liao's "HONOR! FIGHTING! LET'S FIGHTING HONOR FIGHT! *serious grimaces everywhere*" thing. An amusing juxtaposition of propriety, restraint, and pure assbeating bloodlust.
My name is ZHANG LIAO, and I am here to FIGHT! :krad:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I played the Empires games way too much, it was borderline unhealthy. I am quite excited about DW7:Empires. I must conquer China again. This time...it's for keeps.:getin:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

kissekatt posted:

My name is ZHANG LIAO, and I am here to FIGHT! :krad:

I dunno, the sheer oddness of his Superman impersonation(Seriously, you hear it you half expect a transformation) from 5 has always stuck with me.

"This looks like a job for Zhang Liao!"

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Bloodly posted:

I dunno, the sheer oddness of his Superman impersonation(Seriously, you hear it you half expect a transformation) from 5 has always stuck with me.

"This looks like a job for Zhang Liao!"

How could that not do anything except endear you.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Zhang Liao is my favorite dude from the Three Kingdoms. Or maybe Guan Yu. Or Sima Yi.

poo poo I don't know, but Zhang Liao gets bonus points for being a god damned wrecking ball in DW7 and WO3.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Jibo posted:

Zhang Liao is my favorite dude from the Three Kingdoms. Or maybe Guan Yu. Or Sima Yi.

poo poo I don't know, but Zhang Liao gets bonus points for being a god damned wrecking ball in DW7 and WO3.

My favorite part of WO3 is putting a pair of electric guitars in his hands.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does anyone know exactly how much Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is gonna be on the PSN? I can't seem to find a price for it anywhere, but I imagine that it'll be like $40-50? How much is DW7: Empires for that matter?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

WO3 dropped for $40 so I'm guessing it will be in that neighborhood.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going to guess $50 for NA because that's what One Piece Warriors dropped in at.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I was kinda hoping for $40 because I'm picking up $120 exact in PSN cash and hey being able to snag DW7: Empires and Ken's Rage 2 with cash left over for the Skyrim DLC would be really sweet.

Anyway, here's some direct feed screenshots for Kamen Rider: Battride War

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So from the looks of it, Kabuto is going to have both Masked Form and Rider Form. I wonder if you can Cast Off and Put On at will.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jibo posted:

Yeah after playing the Wei campaign in DW7, Zhang Liao more than supplanted his old boss as the most :black101: character in my mind.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New screenshots for the newly revealed characters in Dynasty Warriors 8. Xu Shu's kinda coming off like a green Assassin with that hood.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

5er posted:

How could that not do anything except endear you.

...It does, that's the point.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Policenaut posted:

New screenshots for the newly revealed characters in Dynasty Warriors 8. Xu Shu's kinda coming off like a green Assassin with that hood.

I'm pretty sure this is identical to his appearnce in the opening for Empires. He's wearing a hood in that too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKem7VxvN8o

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Belzac posted:

I'm pretty sure this is identical to his appearnce in the opening for Empires. He's wearing a hood in that too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKem7VxvN8o

I remember reading something by KT Europe's community manager that since 8 and 7: Empires were in development together, they decided to give Xu Shu his debut early since they finished up with him.

Fake Edit: Here it is https://twitter.com/RidentFFXI/status/291844657405624320 the KT rep is Chin Soon Sun.

Real edit: Oh wow dudes kinda a creep.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I have a PC, but not a 360 or PS3 currently. 6 is the newest Dynasty Warriors I can get if I want it in English, correct? I'm doing a term paper on the Three Kingdoms period as represented in video games(teacher's idea, not mine, shockingly) for an Ancient Chinese History course I'm in, so I want to play the most recent one I can. Also any other suggestions on PC, Wii or PS2 Three Kingdoms themed games would be appreciated, I'm already including RotTK XI and Sango Fighter.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I have a PC, but not a 360 or PS3 currently. 6 is the newest Dynasty Warriors I can get if I want it in English, correct? I'm doing a term paper on the Three Kingdoms period as represented in video games(teacher's idea, not mine, shockingly) for an Ancient Chinese History course I'm in, so I want to play the most recent one I can. Also any other suggestions on PC, Wii or PS2 Three Kingdoms themed games would be appreciated, I'm already including RotTK XI and Sango Fighter.

DW6 is on the PS2 too and has a few more story modes, but actually playing it is a mess of slowdown from what I've read. Outside of that, I'm not too sure what else is out there. DW5 or 4 if you can find them would be pretty good for PS2.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The GIG posted:

DW6 is on the PS2 too and has a few more story modes, but actually playing it is a mess of slowdown from what I've read. Outside of that, I'm not too sure what else is out there. DW5 or 4 if you can find them would be pretty good for PS2.

Yeah, I looked into the PS2 version of DW6 and from what I saw it's kind of a mess from a technical standpoint. I'm trying not to overfocus on DW though because that would make a really repetitive paper(and playing through 3 DWs in a row in just a few weeks would be tedious as all hell).

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The problem with 6 is that it's a bad game. You can still use it for your paper but you won't have any fun playing it. If you want to go full out wacky see if you can find a copy of Kessan 2 somewhere. The depiciton of the Three Kingdoms era in that game is so off the wall your brain will hurt.

You could also look up Destiny of an Emperor for the NES. It's a quirky pre-pokemon jRPG where you collect officers and work your way through the rise of Shu.

For other Dynasty Warriors games you could try Dynasty Warriors Online which is a terrible awful game but is free to play.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Belzac posted:

The problem with 6 is that it's a bad game. You can still use it for your paper but you won't have any fun playing it. If you want to go full out wacky see if you can find a copy of Kessan 2 somewhere. The depiciton of the Three Kingdoms era in that game is so off the wall your brain will hurt.

gently caress, I forgot that game even existed. I remember seeing videos of it and trying to piece together how any of this stuff fits together.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for the NES game suggestion, I'll look it up, and I also ordered a used copy of Kessen 2 off of an Amazon reseller for ~$5 shipped(fingers crossed it's not a junked copy) since there were none at any nearby GameStop and they don't ship. 6 is pretty bad so far gameplay wise, but I'm just blitzing through on easy since it's a history paper and not a game review. I'm so glad I have RotTK XI for both somewhat sane presentation of the time period and good gameplay.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

There's supposedly a fan translation patch out there for "Dynasty Warriors 7 with Xtreme Legends" for PC which was otherwise Japan-only, but 4 (as Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper) and 6 were the only ones with official English releases besides Online.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Belzac posted:

The problem with 6 is that it's a bad game.

Don't listen to this. It's actually the second best of the series after DW 7.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Have any of you Japanese-savvy, import-happy (or Japan-residing) folks gotten to play 7:Empires yet, and have any impressions of it? 7 and 5:Empires are tied for my favorite game in the series, so I'm hoping 7:Empires will blow my mind.

e:

PureRok posted:

Don't listen to this. It's actually the second best of the series after DW 7.

Also don't listen to this :psyduck: guy, DW5 is universally regarded as better than 6.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Don't worry, I've already finished the Shu campaigns and come to the badness determination on my own. It's not terrible, but aggressively mediocre would be a good description.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Scyther posted:

Have any of you Japanese-savvy, import-happy (or Japan-residing) folks gotten to play 7:Empires yet, and have any impressions of it? 7 and 5:Empires are tied for my favorite game in the series, so I'm hoping 7:Empires will blow my mind.

I'm wondering this too. There are youtube videos out there of battles and stuff, but I'm curious to know the major difference between being a Merc and being a General under a Ruler in terms of gameplay. I know you can do coop with the merc stuff, but that's all I know.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 is coming to North America this summer as a digital exclusive. The Vita version is not being localized in either NA or EU.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Policenaut posted:

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 is coming to North America this summer as a digital exclusive. The Vita version is not being localized in either NA or EU.

That means it'll be out right around when I finish up Ken's Rage 2 and DW7E, which is pretty awesome. I may still wait until it's on sale for PS+ members though.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
Glad to see Pirate Warriors 2 is confirmed for NA. The first one wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that great. . It felt like a good base to expand on, so I hope that they can use what they have and add more characters, stages, and better-designed maps. One Piece is such a great fit for the warriors games, so hopefully they can go all out on this one and really make it a blast to play.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Say, does anyone know if the US PSN version of Warriors Orochi 3 has the Japanese version in it? Can someone set their system language to Japanese (日本語) and check really quick?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Checking now, how would I know that it's the Japanese version?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SilverMike posted:

Checking now, how would I know that it's the Japanese version?
The whole interface (other than the front menu, I think) would be in Japanese.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I'm guessing it would change all the text to Japanese, but I have no idea if there's anything else different about the JP version.

e:f;b

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Then no, I'm not seeing anything different from the game itself with Japanese system language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SilverMike posted:

Then no, I'm not seeing anything different from the game itself with Japanese system language.
Okay, thanks.

I sold my Japanese copy before and had this sudden flash that I might want to buy it again someday if it went on sale on PSN or anything, but just wanted to know about that.