Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

Has Marvel become really, really good over the past couple of years? The last major storyline I read was Civil War and a lot of the Dark Reign stuff that followed it didn't really interest me (though by that point I'd sort of stopped reading new superhero comics).

Right now, pretty much everything except some of the X-books and Spider-Man is fairly awesome. Avengers is the best its been since like 2005/6 and even some of the more boring books are getting better or getting revamped into something that's hopefully better. Marvel is seriously killing it.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Apologies for the really lovely scans and the godawful sizing. I am computer dumb.

A little contribution from my tiny collection.

Avengers - Infinity Gauntlet is probably my most favourite comic book of all time.

It starts with this:

and moves on to this:

I'd scan the whole bloody thing and post it here if I could.

The only DC line I've ever been a fan of is The Legion of Superheroes, and I pick up random issues of theirs at every opportunity. They are real superheroes...

And by real superheroes, I mean idiots and dicks.

What do you do if a sleezeball takes photos of you in the shower and sells them to others?

Invite him on a mission with you and turn him into a girl!

See how he likes it!

Legionnaires #13 Apr 94

And finally...

Captain America and Captain Britain have been captured by Mordred, who has Stolen Cap.B's uniform. Working together the two break out of a colapsing dungeon.

Captain America #306 June 85

"I'm not a good follower, yank, but I'll be right by your side!"
:britain: :911:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

KayTee posted:

*Avengers - Infinity Gauntlet greatness*
I'd scan the whole bloody thing and post it here if I could.

But then you'd make Hyperactive cry :ohdear:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Indestructible Hulk #3 adds a new interesting character.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
The Punisher / Painkiller Jane: Lovesick.
Jane discovers the Punisher, and falls madly in love. She imagines their life together.

and follows him from hit to hit like a lost puppy, much to his chagrin.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
2000AD Prog 372

Will mankind ever be rid of this plague?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ulysses S. Grant posted:

Avengers Assemble #11 was basically made for this thread.

The followup:

Did the Daily Bugle make history by publishing the first ever comic book panel of a pixelated Hulk dong?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Indestructible Hulk #3 adds a new interesting character.

Looks like the little robot from Hulk: The End

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Defiance Industries posted:

The followup:

Did the Daily Bugle make history by publishing the first ever comic book panel of a pixelated Hulk dong?

I really hope the photo was Peter's.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
It was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cassa posted:

Looks like the little robot from Hulk: The End

That's what I thought too when I saw it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Soonmot posted:

You really need the next panel where Tony immediately starts to do it.

The best part of the whole scene is that Tony immediately starts to take his pants off without questioning it and it's only until a few panels later that he finds out why he's supposed to do it.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Gavok posted:

The best part of the whole scene is that Tony immediately starts to take his pants off without questioning it and it's only until a few panels later that he finds out why he's supposed to do it.

We can only hope no one ever discovers this secret weakness.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

That Ignorant Sap posted:

The Punisher / Painkiller Jane: Lovesick.
Jane discovers the Punisher, and falls madly in love. She imagines their life together.

and follows him from hit to hit like a lost puppy, much to his chagrin.

I love it when Punisher is portrayed as dark comedy and I wish this was more common for the character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

al-azad posted:

I love it when Punisher is portrayed as dark comedy and I wish this was more common for the character.

We did have Ennis's entire run

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
I'm not a Punisher fan par-se, but I love it when he teams up with everyone else.

Punisher swallowed a Spider-Tracer so Spidey could find him and break him out of the baddies' lair.

This scene takes place after a fight which is half-spidey kicking rear end, and half Spidey trying to stop Frank killing everyone.

Franks' face in last panel. :3

[edit] goddamn this scanner

[edit edit] Amazing Spider-Man #577 '08

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Teaming up with the Punisher never ends well for Spidey.

Punisher (2011) #2

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

notthegoatseguy posted:

Teaming up with the Punisher never ends well for Spidey.

Punisher (2011) #2

The more Garth Ennis hates superheroes, the more I want him to write superhero books. :allears:

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

2000AD Prog 372

Will mankind ever be rid of this plague?

Is there a collection of 2000AD/Judge Dredd out there? The more you guys post of it the more I want to read it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LightsGameraAction posted:

Is there a collection of 2000AD/Judge Dredd out there? The more you guys post of it the more I want to read it.

In America they have released Case Files 1-5. The first one is very chessy and there is only traces of what Dredd would be come. There is also a racist sterotype maid and a robot. Starting in two it gets a lot better. That also has the Cursed Earth (minus the Fastfood wars) and Cal storylines.

In England they have released 1-19. If you are in America and want to get post 5 you can find them on amazon.co.uk or ebay.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I think there are quite a few; I don't own any of them but I see them often in Waterstone's.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archer & Armstrong #6

Thor: God of Thunder #4

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

In America they have released Case Files 1-5. The first one is very chessy and there is only traces of what Dredd would be come. There is also a racist sterotype maid and a robot. Starting in two it gets a lot better. That also has the Cursed Earth (minus the Fastfood wars) and Cal storylines.

In England they have released 1-19. If you are in America and want to get post 5 you can find them on amazon.co.uk or ebay.

Sorry I'm really ignorant of this. I know Dredd was published in 2000 AD, are the case files just the Dredd stories or all the 2000 AD stuff?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sorry I'm really ignorant of this. I know Dredd was published in 2000 AD, are the case files just the Dredd stories or all the 2000 AD stuff?

Just Judge Dredd stories.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Punisher v4 #37.
Daredevil, Wolverine and Spiderman all team up to take down the Punisher, who has somehow unleashed the Hulk. Frank explains to a trapped Daredevil that Bruce Banner was videotaped reverting back to himself, was knocked unconscious, and kept drugged to sell as a weapon to the highest bidder.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
That all Hulk know, and all Hulk need know.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Just Judge Dredd stories.

The most hardcore rewrite of Rudyard Kipling.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Daredevil 121

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Did that girl just move at the speed of light?

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Punisher v4 #37.
Daredevil, Wolverine and Spiderman all team up to take down the Punisher, who has somehow unleashed the Hulk. Frank explains to a trapped Daredevil that Bruce Banner was videotaped reverting back to himself, was knocked unconscious, and kept drugged to sell as a weapon to the highest bidder.

I still laugh at how he gets the hulk out.

Punisher v4 #36.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I find it puzzling that the Punisher would survive such an incredibly bad idea.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I find it puzzling that the Punisher would survive such an incredibly bad idea.

Garth Ennis armor. His main characters can literally piss in the Devil's face or moon Darkseid and they'll be totally fine because they're REAL MEN.

But then their love interest will die and they'll break down sobbing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

While I like Ennis that's remarkably accurate.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Well it probably does take the Hulk (in a non-life threatening situation) a good 15-20 seconds to completely transform, so considering he had amnesia and if Castle ran REALLY FAST...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

Well it probably does take the Hulk (in a non-life threatening situation) a good 15-20 seconds to completely transform, so considering he had amnesia and if Castle ran REALLY FAST...

Also, it probably took the Hulk a good minute or so to read that note.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The Super-Adaptoid? :psyduck:

It's like some barrel of old toys and comic books never tire of digging down to the bottom to see what's there. Now someone's going to post that Nuklo is in the Avengers. One of the many Avengers, like Avengers Des Moines.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

The Super-Adaptoid? :psyduck:

It's like some barrel of old toys and comic books never tire of digging down to the bottom to see what's there. Now someone's going to post that Nuklo is in the Avengers. One of the many Avengers, like Avengers Des Moines.

You do know that the biggest selling American comic books star characters created over 50 years ago???

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Of course, I just get surprised at all the minor ones that keep popping up. I think I even saw Crusher Creel! :)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Dick Trauma posted:

Of course, I just get surprised at all the minor ones that keep popping up. I think I even saw Crusher Creel! :)

Only worry if Crazy Quilt suddenly makes a reappearance.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Has Paste Pot Pete made a re-appearance. Oh god, I hope so :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Has Paste Pot Pete made a re-appearance. Oh god, I hope so :allears:

These days, he's known as The Trapster.

• Locked thread