Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

SirDippingSauce posted:

Dalip Singh Rana the real person has an extensive history in athletics including Power lifting, Akido, judo, Greco-Roman wrestling, kalari, and Japanese grappling.

Great Khali the scripted WWE fighter is awkwardly hammered into the system because the bookers don’t really know what to do with him but like the novelty of his presence.

Unfortunately, his body is just too beaten up from the effects of acromegaly to let him do more than the 20 second flurry of 'chop, headbutt, slam'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Matlock posted:

*chop*
*headbutt*
*chokeslam*
*growl incoherently*

18 second match, folks

Vice grip if he is shooting for the ****+ rating.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Matlock posted:

*chop*
*headbutt*
*chokeslam*
*growl incoherently*

18 second match, folks

Khali vs. Bryan coming to a Wrestlemania near you

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I refuse to believe any scenario that has Khali controlling someone roughly the same size as him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Watching back No Holds Barred the other day, and would I be completely off the mark in thinking that the Kurt Fuller character was written by Hogan and McMahon as a sendup of Ted Turner? His takeover of NWA/creation of WCW was fairly fresh when that movie came out (and likely around the same time they wrote it) so I figured it'd be fairly close to home.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Watching back No Holds Barred the other day, and would I be completely off the mark in thinking that the Kurt Fuller character was written by Hogan and McMahon as a sendup of Ted Turner? His takeover of NWA/creation of WCW was fairly fresh when that movie came out (and likely around the same time they wrote it) so I figured it'd be fairly close to home.

It also had some traces of the Vince McMahon character.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Vice grip if he is shooting for the ****+ rating.

It's only effective against Fit Finlay

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Oatgan posted:

Khali vs. Bryan coming to a Wrestlemania near you

Khali/Bryan is probably one of the best 1 minute matches I've seen.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Skinty McEdger posted:

Khali/Bryan is probably one of the best 1 minute matches I've seen.

The "Yes/No" gimmick has been fun, but now I'm getting annoyed again that DB isn't wrestling great 15-20 minute matches each week on Raw. These 5 minute matches against Rhode Scholars are a waste of him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

The "Yes/No" gimmick has been fun, but now I'm getting annoyed again that DB isn't wrestling great 15-20 minute matches each week on Raw. These 5 minute matches against Rhode Scholars are a waste of him.

I don't mind their feud with Rhodes Scholars it just seems like it's in a stalemate where they haven't had their big match yet even though they've been building it for a couple months.

Actually now that I think about it they were probably supposed to have it at the last PPV but with Punk's surgery they had to call an audible on the main event and we got the TLC match instead. Now they're just waiting for a good moment for a title change.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Oatgan posted:

I don't mind their feud with Rhodes Scholars it just seems like it's in a stalemate where they haven't had their big match yet even though they've been building it for a couple months.

Actually now that I think about it they were probably supposed to have it at the last PPV but with Punk's surgery they had to call an audible on the main event and we got the TLC match instead. Now they're just waiting for a good moment for a title change.
It's a really weird feud to follow. Rhodes Scholars won a tables match on PPV to become #1 contenders, only to have the title match be a regular contest tucked away on WWE Main Event. After losing that, Rhodes Scholars beat the champions in a non title match and since then they've wrestled singles matches in various combinations. Presumably this will lead to another title match... I forget, have they booked one for the Rumble yet?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hell No and Rhodes Scholars are suffering from being the only two tag-teams in the WWE that are over right now. Hopefully, Triple H's fix to the division comes soon or it's going to become exactly like every other WWE Tag-Team feud for the last 3 years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Minidust posted:

It's a really weird feud to follow. Rhodes Scholars won a tables match on PPV to become #1 contenders, only to have the title match be a regular contest tucked away on WWE Main Event. After losing that, Rhodes Scholars beat the champions in a non title match and since then they've wrestled singles matches in various combinations. Presumably this will lead to another title match... I forget, have they booked one for the Rumble yet?

Yes they are. Here it is on wwe.com http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/2013/wwe-tag-team-champions-team-hell-no-vs-team-rhodes-scholars-26083871

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

flashy_mcflash posted:

This may shock you but I recall reading that Hogan and McMahon rewrote the script over a weekend in Titan Towers whilst high on the tootski.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Frot Lesnar posted:

This may shock you but I recall reading that Hogan and McMahon rewrote the script over a weekend in Titan Towers whilst high on the tootski.

That's what I got from the We Hate Movies podcast about it, and I was daydreaming about what that writing process was like. That's kind of why I figured they flipped on WCW Saturday Night or something and just wrote this Ted Turner-as-maniacal-sociopathic-monster character. Of course, they didn't bumpkin him up like they did with the Billionaire Ted character so I wasn't sure.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What are considered to be the worst WWE DVDs? I haven't watched many, but the last really bad one I remember was the Monday Night Wars one that came out around 10 years ago.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I would say the nWo and Attitude Era DVDs they recently put out are up there. both just really lazy and disappointing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, both of those. The Attitude one in particular is missing a load of vital footage.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

I would say the nWo and Attitude Era DVDs they recently put out are up there. both just really lazy and disappointing.

I watched the Punk one and then was like "oh man, I bet this Attitude Era thing is gonna be GREAT"

Then I lost all my happiness.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Is Kota Ibushi gay or does he just not give a poo poo and has fun playing up the homoeroticism/being in a stable with people like Dino (I've heard the claim that he's straight but I've also heard the straight thing is a joke and that he actually is gay), Makoto Oishi, etc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Suben posted:

Is Kota Ibushi gay or does he just not give a poo poo and has fun playing up the homoeroticism/being in a stable with people like Dino (I've heard the claim that he's straight but I've also heard the straight thing is a joke and that he actually is gay), Makoto Oishi, etc.
Dino is straight, he just plays a character (I've met him in person working for a show, so I met the person and not the character). I can't even comment on Kota Ibushi though, I've never met nor talked to him. His best friend forever Kenny Omega is straight though, if that helps. So is the always naked Michael NAKAZAWA.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Flameingblack posted:

Dino is straight, he just plays a character (I've met him in person working for a show, so I met the person and not the character). I can't even comment on Kota Ibushi though, I've never met nor talked to him. His best friend forever Kenny Omega is straight though, if that helps. So is the always naked Michael NAKAZAWA.

My girlfriend thinks Kenny is bisexual.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This conversation can only go downhill

Please carry on, is what I'm saying.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Who is gayer then Kanyon?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

bobkatt013 posted:

Any living gay person.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Can anyone recommend some good brodie lee matches/promos i'm intrigued on if hes any good or just another big guy getting by on being a big guy wwe/nxt wrestler.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

bobkatt013 posted:

Billy and Chuck. They only acted fake due to social pressure.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

bobkatt013 posted:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

:stare:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The GIG posted:

Billy and Chuck. They only acted fake due to social pressure.

As much as I hate that gimmick, Rico being Three Minute Warning's manager was somehow pretty awesome.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

It was something like that, "The Rock" is a WWE trademark and for him to use it in his movies Vince McMahon had to be credited as an executive producer (that was the agreement, I remember Vince got credit in The Scorpion King despite having nothing to do with the movie). As The Rock's movie career became more and more a sure thing and his wrestling days more and more distant in the rearview mirror (his contract expired in 2004) he began to transition to his real name which he now uses. It really irked wrestling fans when he started to be "Dwayne Johnson" but that was just the reality of Hollywood when The Rock decided he was done with wrestling (aside from the brief period every year where he gets to use his wrestling name just in WWE).
Ever since his ex-wife started managing him, he's been cool with using The Rock as a credited name again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Ever since his ex-wife started managing him, he's been cool with using The Rock as a credited name again.

Yeah, he's The Rock in Fast & The Furious and GI Joe. So if it's an action piece, they'll use the name.

I think he's Dwayne Johnson in that upcoming one about him infiltrating a gang to get his son a plea bargain, though.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Does Orlando Jordan posses self-respect?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The West Hollywood Blondes were the best gay stereotype tag team. :colbert:

The Croc posted:

Can anyone recommend some good brodie lee matches/promos i'm intrigued on if hes any good or just another big guy getting by on being a big guy wwe/nxt wrestler.
Everyone has good matches with Claudio.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8LyrtEPPbQ&t=45s

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Go ahead. Stare the stare of an enraged Welshman.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

As much as I hate that gimmick, Rico being Three Minute Warning's manager was somehow pretty awesome.

Rico was pretty awesome in general for some reason. Probably cause you could tell how much fun he was having out there.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

To this day I am shocked that Orlando Jordan slipped under the radar of the gay activist community because holy poo poo.

Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

I've been watching through WWF PPVs from '96 at a steady rate. I just beasted through the last few ones and it left me with a couple of questions.

1) Have Nash, Hall or Michaels ever commented on the fake Diesel and Ramon?

2) Whose idea was The Executioner? Since it's funner to ask here than it is to Google it, who was The Executioner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mr_Zombie posted:

Since it's funner to ask here than it is to Google it, who was The Executioner?

Terry Gordy. He died in 2001.