Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I can't fathom how anyone would enjoy playing the Dwarves over the Nurgle.

The Dwarves are a very good team, particularly at low level, but they're so loving boring to play I'd struggle to get through 16 turns without resetting the computer in frustration. Nurgle on the other hand are great fun and still very strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is the server problem fixed?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

uPen posted:

Nurgle are an incredible low tv min/max team and play similiar to Chaos at mid TV. I've never seen a really well developed high tv nurgle team but I imagine it would play well as long as you're able to protect the pestigors.

Neither have I, which I guess is why I don't hate them. Otherwise I'd lump them in with clawpomb chaos, since that seems to be the only realistic way to build nurgle for high tv play.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Internet Kraken posted:

Neither have I, which I guess is why I don't hate them. Otherwise I'd lump them in with clawpomb chaos, since that seems to be the only realistic way to build nurgle for high tv play.

Grab, guard, stand firm.

Faithiest
Mar 27, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

:siren:Cyanide broke something, game results are no longer saved.:siren:

Its fixed. The results from any games played last night are present so SPP and win/loss are now correct.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

I'm beginning a league with Chaos, and I'm a relatively new player. Apologies if I missed this in the OP, but why does my team have a much lower score than those I play, even on the first match? Is it because I'm not picking a big guy?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
That's just how campaign mode is structured. It's kind of dumb but at least you can induce some things to kind of make up for it. It's a shame they only have high cost star players though, so unless you're going to put all of your money towards one you really can't buy one.

Really want them to just finish up adding actual real official game content (stars/cards/chaos pact/slann in the rare chance that GW ever actually makes them "technically" official which didn't bother them about underworld) before they make up more teams for the next expansion...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Slann will never become official because they violate lore, according to GW :shepface:

If they ever did get added it would just be their roster reskinned as something else. Wouldn't be hard to make them into a Horrors of Tzentch team for something.

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom
I've only played a couple table-top games so I bought this not knowing what to expect, and I've been playing non-stop. It's insanely fun, but as a beginner it's definitely a dice game. I'm playing through a campaign as skaven because I was the jerk that played them in Mordheim.

I went from this:

...to this:

(at least they all died for a huge win)

I haven't touched multiplayer yet, so if any other beginners want to have some games, add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/basil_brush

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Throne of Bhalz posted:

I'm beginning a league with Chaos, and I'm a relatively new player. Apologies if I missed this in the OP, but why does my team have a much lower score than those I play, even on the first match? Is it because I'm not picking a big guy?

Your score is the value of your players, assisstant coaches, re-rolls, etc... in gold value/100, +a number based on your total star player points, it's like 5 per spp I think. Other teams have ridiculous starting values because the comp is terrible at the game and needs lots of skills to not just get run over.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
What's the deal with those officially unofficial teams like Slann? Where do they come from? Is there even any indication that Cyanide are actively developing the game (beyond CE/Dungeonbowl)?

New-ish player here, might jump into IRC later on as I'm getting tired of punching the computer. The TV disparity with the computer is really egregious, I once managed to get both Morg N Thorg and Sibli as a Lizardmen team from inducements.

I have a couple of questions about teams: Why is Khemri supposed to be so bad? I really like their egyptian theme and would like to use them. Also, are Chaos Dwarves as boring/infuriating to play with/against as regular Dwarves?

Edit: How do you choose which player kicks the ball? It seems to be whoever is closest to the center and furthest back but it's iffy.

Markovnikov fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 20, 2013

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Markovnikov posted:

Edit: How do you choose which player kicks the ball? It seems to be whoever is closest to the center and furthest back but it's iffy.

That's how it works, except if you have a player with the 'kick' skill. Then it will always choose him unless he is on the LOS (and maybe not on the sidelanes? I dunno)

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
You can't really choose which player kicks the ball. If possible, it will always choose someone that is not on one of the wings, and not on the line of scrimmage. If anybody in that category has the Kick skill, it will choose them.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
The player that kicks the ball has no relevance, the way the kickoff works is that it scatters d6 squares and then bounces twice, so if you don't have anyone with the kick skill you should always kick to the exact middle. Kick makes the roll a d3 instead (1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3) and in order to use the skill the player with kick has to be in the middle and not on the LOS.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Khemri are bad because they're slow, they have low agility and pretty low armor, and they're a bashing team with real starting bashing skills aside from 2 block on the Blitz Ras (who are way overcosted). Add to that decay on the Tomb Guardians can lead to your team being wrecked really quickly, rerolls are kinda expensive, and your best bet for ball handlers only have 7 armor from the 8 of the Blitz Ras and lose the Thick Skull that the 7AV Skeletons have and in its place gain one movement, pass (which you'll only use when you're really desperate), and sure hands to maybe be able to pick up the ball and avoid burning a team reroll for it.

Thematically I love the Khemri, but they're kinda a rough team to play unless your dice are really hot on the armor and injury rolls.

I wish they'd stuck with the AV8 Break Tackle and Regeneration with no Decay Tomb Guardians team that they tested out for LRB6. :(

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Any other new players not in the U.S. going to be down for a game in the next couple hours for this afternoon/night whatever the hell time it is for you? I have to go make myself some lunch but after that I'm game. I have a Lizard team that, through the magic of Nurgle (being terrible) is now 1020 TV!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Arglebargle III posted:

Any other new players not in the U.S. going to be down for a game in the next couple hours for this afternoon/night whatever the hell time it is for you? I have to go make myself some lunch but after that I'm game. I have a Lizard team that, through the magic of Nurgle (being terrible) is now 1020 TV!

Get in IRC people are pretty much always down for games these days. The latest patch seems to have brought in more players.

edit: I would love to play you with vampires. I'm always down for making a new vamp team in my eternal quest for a +str vampire.
edit vvvv: And I live in hawaii where it's only 7:30pm right now.

Washout fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 20, 2013

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Does it have to be non-American? I'm American and functional at this time of day, I just have a really messed up sleep schedule.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm in the IRC channel my good goons. I would love to play against Vamps or anything else that's not Hitler really.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Slann are a hold over from the old days of 2nd edition blood bowl, btw. (back in the era when GW intermixed their WHFB and WH40K lines a lot more then they did now)

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

SirFozzie posted:

Slann are a hold over from the old days of 2nd edition blood bowl, btw. (back in the era when GW intermixed their WHFB and WH40K lines a lot more then they did now)

I.E. back when GW were not a bunch of uptight fuckhead sperglords. I hate the company so much these days. Drunken biker riding dwarves and laser shootin orangutan with centaur tyranid slave races. And chaos random generation tables. I miss all that stuff.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

I'm very confused about armor rolls. On all the rulebooks I find, armor rolls are done by rolling 2D6 and seeing if that roll beats the Defending Player's armor value. However, when I bring up the log on the PC blood bowl, it seems to be 1D6 plus some modifier?

e: Unless the x + y is really D1 + D2. I'm an idiot.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Huh? No. Armor rolls in Cyanide are the standard 2D6, with Mighty Blow optionally adding +1 if it means it would break armor.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Throne of Bhalz posted:

I'm very confused about armor rolls. On all the rulebooks I find, armor rolls are done by rolling 2D6 and seeing if that roll beats the Defending Player's armor value. However, when I bring up the log on the PC blood bowl, it seems to be 1D6 plus some modifier?

e: Unless the x + y is really D1 + D2. I'm an idiot.

Yeah x+y = d1+d2, you might see a +1 after that if the guy doing the punching has MB or a +1 - +8 if you're fouling with friends/DP.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Does this thing ever go on sale?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Quite often.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Funso Banjo posted:

Does this thing ever go on sale?

At least every big holiday.

Plus, can anyone confirm that if you're eligible to get it for $10, you can gift it to others for that price?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Random Hajile posted:

At least every big holiday.

Ok, thanks. Pretty eager to get it, but my wife's grumbling about the money I spend on stupid games.

Maybe it will come down at Easter, then.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Funso Banjo posted:

Ok, thanks. Pretty eager to get it, but my wife's grumbling about the money I spend on stupid games.

Maybe it will come down at Easter, then.

If you want Chaos Edition for $10, add me on Steam. I can get you my "Owns other Blood Bowl game" discount. Steam link is http://steamcommunity.com/id/jivjov

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

jivjov posted:

If you want Chaos Edition for $10, add me on Steam. I can get you my "Owns other Blood Bowl game" discount. Steam link is http://steamcommunity.com/id/jivjov

phoenij is requesting your friendship on steam (it's me :ssh:).

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

jivjov posted:

Thanks I'll do that. I've friend requested you, I am Funso

Indolent Bastard posted:

phoenij is requesting your friendship on steam (it's me :ssh:).

Oh, hey, are you stealing his offer to me, or just someone wanting to be his friendly friend?

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 24, 2013

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I was playing this a lot earlier as someone completely new to blood bowl, and started as a Lizardman team. Did pretty well until two sauruses died, a few others fell off my roster due to ending contracts, and the fact I am completely broke. I won basically all my games but I just have no clue how the hell I am supposed to manage the funds.

Sponsors arn't part of the "real" blood bowl game, are they? Because god drat I don't understand how they work. All they seem to do is taunt me with large amounts of money that I never get even when I meet the specifications.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

That's just the "fun" of Blitz mode. It's poorly balanced and all of its new additions are ill conceived by Cyanide. That's why everybody recommends you always play in Classic mode and forget that Blitz mode even exists.

Neither sponsors nor contracts are in regular Blood Bowl. The only expenses you have to worry about in regular Blood Bowl are new additions and spiraling expenses once you get over 2000 TV (which is when the game basically takes some money at the end of every match, which is usually more than compensated by the winnings)

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 24, 2013

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If you want to learn how to play blood bowl I would not recommend playing Blitz Mode

If you know how to play blood bowl I would not recommend playing Blitz Mode

I would not recommend playing Blitz Mode

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

GNU Order posted:

If you want to learn how to play blood bowl I would not recommend playing Blitz Mode

If you know how to play blood bowl I would not recommend playing Blitz Mode

I would not recommend playing Blitz Mode

The extra inducements actually have some really good ideas and are really cool; the roll-for-stat-mods inducements are a little fiddly but the core idea behind them is solid enough. If GW ever revamps the core rules I hope they consider adapting some of Cyanide's inducements, I think they do a really good job of helping to level out TV differences without completely equalizing things.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Funso Banjo posted:

Thanks I'll do that. I've friend requested you, I am Funso

Oh, hey, are you stealing his offer to me, or just someone wanting to be his friendly friend?

I didn't think it was a limited offer and regardless it turns out I don't it. I have an older edition of Cyanide Blood Bowl and can get Chaos for $10 regardless.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.
Not to be the wet blanket, but I bought like 7 copes of Chaos Edition back during Christmas and still have 2 if anyone wants them, since none of my friends like the game anyway. http://steamcommunity.com/id/mc2552john

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MC2552John posted:

Not to be the wet blanket, but I bought like 7 copes of Chaos Edition back during Christmas and still have 2 if anyone wants them, since none of my friends like the game anyway. http://steamcommunity.com/id/mc2552john

I'd take a copy of the Chaos Edition, but I already have the Legendary edition and I'm not certain if I'd feel bad for accepting it or not.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
I'd love one of those Chaos Editions! Sent a friend request.

EDIT: Thanks!

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

apostateCourier posted:

I'd take a copy of the Chaos Edition, but I already have the Legendary edition and I'm not certain if I'd feel bad for accepting it or not.

Why would you feel bad? Are you hiding something? :pwn:

• Locked thread