Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

pseudonordic posted:

I normally only read bookmarked threads, but I tested to see if I could replicate the grey forum and ta-da!

Edit: 1.10 #8, iPad mini, 6.0.2

It's grey forum-ception!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Any messages in the console when the forums tab turns grey?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Shake your phone up and down to reveal spoilers like you're clearing an etch-a-sketch

I actually kind of like this one.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

I normally only read bookmarked threads, but I tested to see if I could replicate the grey forum and ta-da!

Edit: 1.10 #8, iPad mini, 6.0.2

And what did you do leading up to the grey forum?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

I actually kind of like this one.

Do things like that work with rotation lock on?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Do things like that work with rotation lock on?

Yup, they're totally separate. We already support one (by default, I didn't do anything): shake an iPhone while writing a post and you'll get an "Undo Typing" option.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

Yup, they're totally separate.

Good to know

pokeyman posted:

We already support one (by default, I didn't do anything): shake an iPhone while writing a post and you'll get an "Undo Typing" option.

Ah, I thought that was a universal thing. I didn't realise you had to opt-in.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Ah, I thought that was a universal thing. I didn't realise you had to opt-in.

It is universal, that was the "I didn't do anything" part. I'm not even sure how you opt out of that.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

It is universal, that was the "I didn't do anything" part. I'm not even sure how you opt out of that.

Oh, missed the default part. I'm not sure you can unless you use your own keyboards like those lovely "guess the logo" apps

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

By the sound of it, it seemed like shaking would act like hitting the delete key/delete all, which sounded really fun, rather than the boring prompt you get :(

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

And what did you do leading up to the grey forum?

I powered off my iPad, then did the following steps:

Turned it back on
Opened Awful, which opens to Bookmarks by default and side-menu always on
I opened this thread and found your post quoting me
I pressed the fForums icon on the side menu and got Grey Square.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Reopened after being in another app, went to bookmarked thread, view previous posts, slid across menu and it's like this.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

TheMightyHandful posted:

Reopened after being in another app, went to bookmarked thread, view previous posts, slid across menu and it's like this.

And this is with the latest test build or from github? I was sure I fixed this... :(

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

I powered off my iPad, then did the following steps:

Turned it back on
Opened Awful, which opens to Bookmarks by default and side-menu always on
I opened this thread and found your post quoting me
I pressed the fForums icon on the side menu and got Grey Square.

Alright I can reproduce this, thanks! Completely baffled at the moment but I'm on it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Hit an odd bug earlier. Tried to save an image, the "saving" thing came up and just never went away. Since that little spinner locks out all the buttons I had to forcequit the app. Kept happening every time.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

pokeyman posted:

And this is with the latest test build or from github? I was sure I fixed this... :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting a bug, whenever I go to post the keyboard is blanked out.

It's not exact but that's how it looks, I did that in paint. Oddly enough the keyboard with all the symbols (without numbers) shows up. I can still type, I've been typing with an invisible keyboard all week. My keyboard also works with every other app.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Should be fixed in 1.10 then, hold tight!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

bowmore posted:

I'm getting a bug, whenever I go to post the keyboard is blanked out.

It's not exact but that's how it looks, I did that in paint. Oddly enough the keyboard with all the symbols (without numbers) shows up. I can still type, I've been typing with an invisible keyboard all week. My keyboard also works with every other app.

What version of iOS? Jailbroken?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

I HAVE FORUMS!

1.10 beta #9 appears to be behaving itself :3:

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Profile orientation works great on current update, as does the selection on hitting no.

It'll be a bit most likely to see if the grey bar of uselessness returns, so I'll get back to you on that part as soon as I see.

Edit: it seems to hate me posting or something, as soon as I do, I get the bar of uselessness

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 20, 2013

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

pokeyman posted:

Should be fixed in 1.10 then, hold tight!

Has that been submitted yet? Or what's the schedule? Not that I'm impatient, just curious. :) Thanks again for all your hard work!

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Is there a design choice why the bottom tool bar for the left panel isn't lined up with the bottom tool bar for the right panel, but the top ones line up?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Terminal Entropy posted:

Is there a design choice why the bottom tool bar for the left panel isn't lined up with the bottom tool bar for the right panel, but the top ones line up?

No, I designed them separately with different reasons for the iPhone screen.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Has that been submitted yet? Or what's the schedule? Not that I'm impatient, just curious. :) Thanks again for all your hard work!

It's in beta testing now.

Terminal Entropy posted:

That's basically just because at first it was using stock iOS UI elements which were different sizes. It's always bugged me, but it just never seemed like the most important thing.

Edit: Oh yeah, and like Dave said, they were designed mainly for the iPhone where you don't see them on screen at the same time.

Diabolik900 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 20, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Bug list is empty, we'll bang on it for a couple days then it's off to the store!

Terminal Entropy posted:

I had actually fixed this for about a half hour before we restyled those bars. It's not intentional, more apathy. I hate messing around with those, between nonretina/retina, iOS 5/iOS 6, iPhone/iPad, ugh.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

Bug list is empty, we'll bang on it for a couple days then it's off to the store!

I still have the grey side bar on the update you pushed to test flight today.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cryptic Edge posted:

I still have the grey side bar on the update you pushed to test flight today.

The one where no tabs work or the one where just the Forums tab is grey?

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

The one where no tabs work or the one where just the Forums tab is grey?

Forums tab is grey, working off favorites makes it fail in the same way (only white) leaving no way to browse without relaunching.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cryptic Edge posted:

Forums tab is grey, working off favorites makes it fail in the same way (only white) leaving no way to browse without relaunching.

I managed to reproduce this very consistently, and I can't reproduce it anymore since the test I pushed out. Can you go into excruciating detail and describe how it happens?

I don't like this bug :(

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

I managed to reproduce this very consistently, and I can't reproduce it anymore since the test I pushed out. Can you go into excruciating detail and describe how it happens?

I don't like this bug :(

Nearly every time I post now when I try to bring up the forums list it goes grey.

If I try to continue to post and use the favorites list, within a few posts it goes white. It seems to happen very quickly now, compared to before it would sometimes go hours. It's almost as frequent as the grey that took up the majority of the screen that's still in 1.9.2

How much logging detail can you get in Xcode if I were to hook up my iPad to it and try to dump that? Can we et that kind of logging detail?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pokeyman posted:

What version of iOS? Jailbroken?
The latest version, not jailbroken

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Any fix upcoming for loading pretty slow? Especially slow on the big threads, i'm comparing it to the older version that ohio made.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cryptic Edge posted:

Nearly every time I post now when I try to bring up the forums list it goes grey.

If I try to continue to post and use the favorites list, within a few posts it goes white. It seems to happen very quickly now, compared to before it would sometimes go hours. It's almost as frequent as the grey that took up the majority of the screen that's still in 1.9.2

How much logging detail can you get in Xcode if I were to hook up my iPad to it and try to dump that? Can we et that kind of logging detail?

A console log would help for sure. You can also grab one of the many console apps on the store if that's easier for you. Thanks.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

A console log would help for sure. You can also grab one of the many console apps on the store if that's easier for you. Thanks.

I'll see what I can find. Also, it seems to not be limited to posting, sometimes if I just browse for a while it freaks out and gives it to me. Seems to me to be related to attempting to refresh the main forums list outside the initial startup? (COMPLETE CONJECTURE)

Let's see if I can break it really quick and pull a log from Xcode if possible.

edit: not broken yet (shockingly, I've been posting a bit to try to bust it...) but I do have a mess of errors from awful that I don't understand from launching it.

Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector checkoutAccessoryImageForIcon:location:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector checkoutBadgeImageForText:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector generateIconImage:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: message not found [UIImage defaultDesktopImage]
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector _defaultDesktopImage
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector resetCurrentImageToWallpaper
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector init
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector setIconImageAlpha:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector setIconLabelAlpha:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector initWithDefaultSize
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector setAlpha:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector updateNumberOfRootIconLists
>
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector layoutSubviews
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector renderedSizeOfNode:constrainedToWidth:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector initWithFrame:delegate:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector _canUseLayerBackedBalloon
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector layoutSubviews
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector addBalloonView:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector setBackgroundColor:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector initWithStyle:reuseIdentifier:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector initWithStyle:reuseIdentifier:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector setSeparatorStyle:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector initWithFrame:style:
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: MS:Warning: nil class argument for selector loadView
Jan 20 20:51:11 unknown Awful[7458] <Notice>: MS:Notice: Loading: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/libstatusbar.dylib
Jan 20 20:51:12 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: open on /var/mobile/Applications/DD2E9CC3-1C48-44F2-B398-3200AF78849C/Documents/README.txt: File exists
Jan 20 20:51:12 unknown Awful[7458] <Warning>: open on /var/mobile/Applications/DD2E9CC3-1C48-44F2-B398-3200AF78849C/Documents/example-posts-view.css: File exists

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 21, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

There's a lot of selectors there Awful never uses as far as I know. Is that maybe some stuff added after jailbreaking that's loading itself in? Regardless, I don't think it's related. The search continues!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Go figure, the one time I'm trying to cause the bug it's not happening right away. I know the moment I load up tomorrow morning it'll rear it's head lol.

I guess to keep it a productive post how about a feature request of the ability to view rap sheets?

(yes, this is yet another attempt to break it post)

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
How useful is this to you
code:
Jan 20 22:06:32 unknown sandboxd[7751] <Notice>: Awful(7458) deny file-write-create /private/var/mobile/Applications/1A126B59-DAFD-4CE4-8CC2-CCFC3A4CE6B5

Process:         Awful [7458]
	Path:            /private/var/mobile/Applications/DD2E9CC3-1C48-44F2-B398-3200AF78849C/Awful.app/Awful
	Load Address:    0x60000
	Identifier:      Awful
	Version:         ??? (???)
	Code Type:       ARM (Native)
	Parent Process:  launchd [1]

Date/Time:       2013-01-20 22:06:30.102 -0500
	OS Version:      iPhone OS 5.1.1 (9B206)
	Report Version:  104

Backtrace:
	0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x35d44c3c mkdir + 8
	1   WebCore                       	0x37adb63f WebCore::makeAllDirectories(WTF::String const&) + 107
	2   WebCore                       	0x37adb4f7 WebCore::StorageSyncManager::fullDatabaseFilename(WTF::String const&) + 23
	3   WebCore                       	0x37adb3e1 WebCore::StorageAreaSync::openDatabase(WebCore::StorageAreaSync::OpenDatabaseParamType) + 33
	4   WebCore                       	0x37adb161 WebCore::StorageAreaSync::performImport() + 17
	5   WebCore                       	0x37ada44b WebCore::LocalStorageTask::performTask() + 31
	6   WebCore                       	0x37ad9b73 WebCore::LocalStorageThread::threadEntryPointCallback(void*) + 75
	7   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x34efb733 _pthread_start + 319
	8   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x34efb5ec thread_start + 4

Binary Images:
	0x34eed000 - 0x34f79ff3  libsystem_c.dylib armv7  <f859ce1ad1773f0ba98d7c6e135b7697> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_c.dylib
	0x35d41000 - 0x35d57ffd  libsystem_kernel.dylib armv7  <311f379a9fde305d80c1b22b7dd2e52a> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
	0x378cf000 - 0x3808effb  WebCore armv7  <2690c38c9c5f3c09975d619dd1dfbed7> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebCore.framework/WebCore

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That looks like code entirely outside my control, and I don't think it's related to grey screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok, I'll keep looking, a side note, it never does it when I'm plugged into the MacBook with Xcode running. Ever.

I unplug and within minutes it does it. Also, jailbroken devices are chatty in the background.

• Locked thread