Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

kastein posted:

holy loving poo poo :stare:

What did they claim you did to provoke this when the police arrived to lock their asses up? :wtf:

I have no idea yet. One of these guys had me at gunpoint and I flashed a knife and ran away. Later that day 2 cops show up at my door, grab me through my door, throw me to the ground while the other had me at gunpoint, while they twisted my arm wrong (really hurt, I had just had whip lash twice that month from 2 accidents) and screamed "stop resisting!" They throw me in the car, saying that I'm going to prison and getting charged with some felony. I refuse statement but tell the cop "hey dude off the record hear me out..." and tell him what happened. He lets me out of cuffs and the car, and I go get him my knife (which was completely legal and not remotely combat oriented) and tells me I may get charged or may not, its not up to him. They call the witness who says everything I did. I hear nothing. Almost a year later I get a court summons and I'm now getting charged with a hand full of small bullshit things like theatening harassment assault (i guess you can get this in WA for flashing a knife) brandishing a weapon etc. I don't want to be seen by this guys house but his car was very fitting for this thread, its a red beater ghetto lifted f250 with stacks.

This same month my friend was shot to death by a concealed carry owner misfiring their gun through a wall. We give any rear end in a top hat concealed carry in WA.o

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kenshin posted:

are those hood spoilers?

Yes they are, and they were an official Toyota aftermarket bodykit part for that Celica

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You Am I posted:

Yes they are, and they were an official Toyota aftermarket bodykit part for that Celica

I know a kid with those on his car. It must be an epidemic because his were also not the correct body color.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
My friend just got into a accident in his 89 Isuzu I-mark. He came around a corner and the steering locked causing him to jump a curb and crash into 2 parked cars. No one was hurt.

I have pictures and video if anyone is interested.
The I-mark received minor damage, the truck will need a entire new rear box and the cavaler will need a quarter panal and hood by the looks of it.

And video of the recovery for those interested.
http://youtu.be/BtODjDIyOoU

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

The Audi badge or being near Melbourne?

e: no wait I know that road... hmm. I want to say somewhere southeast but I don't know.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Drunken Lullabies posted:

.... a concealed carry owner misfiring their gun through a wall. We give any rear end in a top hat concealed carry in WA.o

What does some random person "misfiring a gun through a wall" have to do with them being a CHL holder?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bone_Enterprise posted:

What does some random person "misfiring a gun through a wall" have to do with them being a CHL holder?

It was probably mentioned because if the guy is accidentally firing his gun through a wall he's probably not actually qualified to hold the permit.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

eberbs posted:

My friend just got into a accident in his 89 Isuzu I-mark. He came around a corner and the steering locked causing him to jump a curb and crash into 2 parked cars. No one was hurt.

I have pictures and video if anyone is interested.
The I-mark received minor damage, the truck will need a entire new rear box and the cavaler will need a quarter panal and hood by the looks of it.

And video of the recovery for those interested.
http://youtu.be/BtODjDIyOoU

Victoria?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It looks like somewhere in Canada or America, it looks like the traffic flow is on the right hand side, though I can't see where the driver's seat is in the cars.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

It looks like somewhere in Canada or America, it looks like the traffic flow is on the right hand side, though I can't see where the driver's seat is in the cars.

Tuksen Tagg living up to his custom title. "British Columbia" license plate and RCMP cruiser would certianly point towards... somewhere in British Columbia, hence the "Victoria?" question.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Tuksen Tagg living up to his custom title. "British Columbia" license plate and RCMP cruiser would certianly point towards... somewhere in British Columbia, hence the "Victoria?" question.

I can't see the license plate on my iPhone, plus I didn't realise there was a Victoria outside of Australia v:shobon:v.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Tusen Takk posted:

I can't see the license plate on my iPhone, plus I didn't realise there was a Victoria outside of Australia v:shobon:v.

There are a lot of Victorias. Almost everywhere the British went, for example.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.

yes, in Langford.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Apparently someone was working on their car in the inside breakdown lane on I17 during evening rush hour. (Phoenix goons: I avoid the 17 like the plague, is there even an inside breakdown lane there?)

It got plowed into by a fullsize truck.

I-17 inside the 101 is loving terrifying and no, there really isn't a breakdown lane on it. Just a shoulder barely wide enough to fit a Miata into.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I-17 inside the 101 is loving terrifying and no, there really isn't a breakdown lane on it. Just a shoulder barely wide enough to fit a Miata into.

Makes me think of sections of road out near Melbourne. Concrete barriers either side and no shoulder at all. I always feel my rear end clench driving through those sections because if anything breaks down there including my car the results wouldn't be pretty.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, there's sections of I-17 that are walled off like that too. Add in its incredibly narrow lanes and it's enough to make me say nope nope nope. It was built in the 70's and it really hasn't been touched since. I can't imagine Detroit 70's sleds on that freeway doing 50+ on it. :stonk:

I'll take surface streets for 20+ miles before I use that death trap.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 18, 2013

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think it helps that there isn't much of Phoenix that I need to go to where the 17 is the best option - 101 and 51 handle all of my needs for access anywhere north of I10.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

All of the work on I-10 through Tucson constantly has concrete barriers set up as to remove any shoulders, and work on it has been going on for the past 5 years in different parts.

Right now West I-10 bound traffic slides over to the frontage road, which doesn't have much in the way of shoulders to begin with, and isn't normally carrying three lanes of interstate traffic.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

Ahhh yes, my first bike was an old enduro, I actually rode it through a winter. It didn't have blinkers for long due to me laying down to stop at intersections occasionally.

So young, so dumb :allears:

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

burtonos posted:

Ahhh yes, my first bike was an old enduro, I actually rode it through a winter. It didn't have blinkers for long due to me laying down to stop at intersections occasionally.

So young, so dumb :allears:

Yeh, it was some kind of scooter. I hated passing him, but honestly, I was more afraid of him spilling it and me not being able to get by him in time or something. I'd like to think I was following at an ok distance, but yeah. I did NOT envy him at all. We got over a foot dumped on us in just a few hours and I happened to get stuck out in it. They closed down the interstate and drat near a few of the highways because of jacknifed tractor trailers and cars. My girlfriend took pictures and videos of the journey home, and I gotta say. It was fun as poo poo.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I can not imagine spree tires in the snow. :supaburn:

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah, there's sections of I-17 that are walled off like that too. Add in its incredibly narrow lanes and it's enough to make me say nope nope nope. It was built in the 70's and it really hasn't been touched since. I can't imagine Detroit 70's sleds on that freeway doing 50+ on it. :stonk:

Emphasis on the plus sign, for PHX in general. Every time I visit my Mom in Glendale I have to do 70 in work zones just to keep pace with traffic. One thing I learned very quickly was to not be in the right lane going around the curve on 10E just after Sky Harbor. I almost ate bumper hard.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think it helps that there isn't much of Phoenix that I need to go to where the 17 is the best option - 101 and 51 handle all of my needs for access anywhere north of I10.

I just got a TomTom with traffic updates and it seems to agree with you. Seriously gently caress the 17.

Terminal Entropy posted:

All of the work on I-10 through Tucson constantly has concrete barriers set up as to remove any shoulders, and work on it has been going on for the past 5 years in different parts.

Right now West I-10 bound traffic slides over to the frontage road, which doesn't have much in the way of shoulders to begin with, and isn't normally carrying three lanes of interstate traffic.

Just moved to Tucson from Seattle last month, and yeah holy poo poo no kidding. Also the surface streets here are in horrible shape outside of the arterials because I guess the city road budget got raided for other poo poo a few years ago.

All that said I wouldn't trade ANY of it for having to commute on the 405 on Seattle's Eastside anymore. It was originally built as a bypass around the city for I-5 traffic and wasn't designed to handle anywhere near the traffic that it does. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett is like the 14th largest urban area in the US and has something like the 4th worst commute times.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

burtonos posted:

I used to ride a 49cc scooter in college (and all through the Michigan winter, as well). It was as terrifying as you might expect in snow, and stupid and incredibly dangerous even on the little 25mph college campus roads. I can't imagine doing that on anything larger, with actual real live traffic. :gonk:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

burtonos posted:

It's a loving blast...stay off the roads though.

Mine got stolen. :(

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
If there isn't already a scooter ice racing league in ny town then i'm making it my mission in life to set one up. it sounds like a huge amount of fun for not much money and personal danger.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Terrible license plate, anyway?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I rode 30 miles in 4 degree Fahrenheit weather at 60 on my Enfield, once. My breath froze on the inside of my visor, and the condensation from my gloves froze on the mirrors every time I tried to wipe them. The carburetor iced up about 27 miles in, and I had to hold WOT to keep the bike barely at 30mph. There was actual ice around the pod filter.

Never again.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
We have a lot of AZ AI goons it seems, we need to have :siren:GOON MEET:siren: sometime. I'm up in phx fairly regularly to hang with family.

I hate I10 in tucson so bad. It was awesome flossing the dually and Mazda truck on the trailer in that mess when I moved here. And then driving it everyday to the south side to work for Walgreens. I am glad I go the the opposite way to casa grande for work now.

And no poo poo about I17 being scary as poo poo. My grandparents live around bell and 7th and I go that way to the fiat dealer right off I17 on 7th. It's narrow and people haul rear end, speed limit is 50 or 55 and I pace traffic at 80 still like on 10. I'm not surprised that car was crushed like that.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Holdbrooks posted:

We have a lot of AZ AI goons it seems, we need to have :siren:GOON MEET:siren: sometime. I'm up in phx fairly regularly to hang with family.

I hate I10 in tucson so bad. It was awesome flossing the dually and Mazda truck on the trailer in that mess when I moved here. And then driving it everyday to the south side to work for Walgreens. I am glad I go the the opposite way to casa grande for work now.

And no poo poo about I17 being scary as poo poo. My grandparents live around bell and 7th and I go that way to the fiat dealer right off I17 on 7th. It's narrow and people haul rear end, speed limit is 50 or 55 and I pace traffic at 80 still like on 10. I'm not surprised that car was crushed like that.

Someone was recently asking about goon meet in here.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Sparing the details it was a 21 year old kid who was drunk as poo poo when it happened and had a loooong criminal history with alcohol. We give people with multiple duis chl. Amurica.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Should've sung him to sleep.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

I used to ride a 49cc scooter in college (and all through the Michigan winter, as well). It was as terrifying as you might expect in snow, and stupid and incredibly dangerous even on the little 25mph college campus roads. I can't imagine doing that on anything larger, with actual real live traffic. :gonk:
Pff.

Wrong thread for this, but

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Pretty sure this person does not have them, judging by the line they're maintaining, but they do sell snow tires for scooters. Also I've seen people use their feet as outriggers when riding in the snow. My ankles tingle thinking about it.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently taken on the M4 motorway in South Wales, UK

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I've seen these kits for sale in Denver a few times.

I imagine they would be just as precarious on a road, but would be really fun going up a ski run or other groomed trail.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

That Ruckus looks terrifying.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Lum posted:

Apparently taken on the M4 motorway in South Wales, UK

Audi Panzerkampfwagen A.IV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Albuquerque, Land of Enchantment.

It's weird to see a lot of you talking about inspection time for vehicles. We do smog for cars and trucks newer than 1975(?), I believe. That's all.