Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Speaking of kicking yourself, I don't buy a ton of toys these days but I was wandering aimlessly in Target and spied a really nice-looking "Clone Wars" style Anakin Skywalker and bought it on a whim. I like that Clone Wars series a lot but never had big plans to collect a ton of the figures. Anyway I saw the Anakin and I thought, that's cool, I'll just have to find an Ahsoka Tano figure to sit next to him on my DVD shelf. Preferably the older version with two lightsabers and the more detailed outfit. One more figure and done. No need to get the whole supporting cast...

I did some basic googling and found out that figure exists, is pretty cool, and is one of the rarest and most sought-after toys in that line and goes for at least 80 bucks if you can even track one down. For a loving 3 inch tall toy. Too bad I wasn't looking for it in 2011 when it might have been possible to find one. Other versions exist, but are distinctly less cool. It's weird because she's for all intents and purposes the main character of that show. It's like if Batman was the hardest figure to find in a Batman toy line.

Maybe they'll reissue it at some point before the line gets canceled. Otherwise it seems my collection of exactly one figure is gonna stay that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Speaking of kicking yourself, I don't buy a ton of toys these days but I was wandering aimlessly in Target and spied a really nice-looking "Clone Wars" style Anakin Skywalker and bought it on a whim. I like that Clone Wars series a lot but never had big plans to collect a ton of the figures. Anyway I saw the Anakin and I thought, that's cool, I'll just have to find an Ahsoka Tano figure to sit next to him on my DVD shelf. Preferably the older version with two lightsabers and the more detailed outfit. One more figure and done. No need to get the whole supporting cast...

I did some basic googling and found out that figure exists, is pretty cool, and is one of the rarest and most sought-after toys in that line and goes for at least 80 bucks if you can even track one down. For a loving 3 inch tall toy. Too bad I wasn't looking for it in 2011 when it might have been possible to find one. Other versions exist, but are distinctly less cool. It's weird because she's for all intents and purposes the main character of that show. It's like if Batman was the hardest figure to find in a Batman toy line.

Maybe they'll reissue it at some point before the line gets canceled. Otherwise it seems my collection of exactly one figure is gonna stay that way.

The trick to Star Wars figures is to buy them loose on Ebay. There is a carded one on there right now for 50, didn't bother looking too hard for a loose one but I am sure it is there.

I have noticed that Star Wars stuff doesn't tend to hold value long. Which I keep reminding myself of to buy a ton of Stormtroopers to make a Army.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The thing about that specific Ahsoka figure is it was released in one case wave, one per case. It was literally impossible to find. Now it is getting a second release in the Vintage line (black cards) sometime this year, but it's gonna be one of those figures you have to hurt for. Keep an eye on BBTS and HTS for when the wave starts coming out to start checking retailers.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Rage posted:

The thing about that specific Ahsoka figure is it was released in one case wave, one per case. It was literally impossible to find. Now it is getting a second release in the Vintage line (black cards) sometime this year, but it's gonna be one of those figures you have to hurt for. Keep an eye on BBTS and HTS for when the wave starts coming out to start checking retailers.

There are "vintage" ones all over ebay but it's not actually the same figure, it's resculpted in a "realistic" style. It's made to go with the standard Star Wars movie toys and doesn't fit with other Clone Wars stuff at all.

I'll keep my eye out for some kind of reissue of the one I like, but I don't want to waste too much mental effort on it. Maybe in the future more loose ones will pop up on ebay. So far I've only seen one, and it was still out of my price range. If a year from now I haven't found one, I'll probably just settle for some easy-to-find version.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There are "vintage" ones all over ebay but it's not actually the same figure, it's resculpted in a "realistic" style. It's made to go with the standard Star Wars movie toys and doesn't fit with other Clone Wars stuff at all.

I'll keep my eye out for some kind of reissue of the one I like, but I don't want to waste too much mental effort on it. Maybe in the future more loose ones will pop up on ebay. So far I've only seen one, and it was still out of my price range. If a year from now I haven't found one, I'll probably just settle for some easy-to-find version.

Yeah the younger version is everywhere now, you won't have trouble finding it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Old stuff keeps for ages in stores where I live, I'll keep an eye out for that figure, I don't collect star wars stuff but it shouldn't be a problem.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Ka0 posted:

Old stuff keeps for ages in stores where I live, I'll keep an eye out for that figure, I don't collect star wars stuff but it shouldn't be a problem.

Just so there's no ambiguity, that figure is numbered "CW44." If anybody here gets ahold of one and is willing to sell it relatively cheap, that would be rad. I think the absolute upper limit of what I'd pay for a small figure like this is around 20 bucks, but I also don't care if it's carded.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Random question: Do any of you who collect Hot Toys buy the Mark II Armor Unleashed Sideshow Exclusive version? And if so do you want to sell the hologram gauntlet?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
A friend of mine has one, I can check to see if he wants to get rid of it or not.

Any idea what they go for?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

eBay prices fluctuate between like $40 and $80, but I have no way to knowing whats a legit one, and whats a knock off. The market is loving rife with knock off 1/6 items.

Also is Hot Toys news, I'm selling my Avengers Movie Promo Iron Man Mark VI, the LE 3000 pieces one. MISB w/ shipper.

And my Iron Man 2 Special Edition War Machine MIB w/o shipper.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
His is from Hot Toys, I don't think he has even really opened the box yet.

I'll run it past him to see what he wants for it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So this is going on sale later today:

First of Sideshow's comic-based 12" figures, with the exclusive having the pair of Joker fish. Almost tempting but $189 is a bit much. Looks sweet, though.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Looks like a surprise Iron Man Legends wave has hit, split into two waves, three figures each, one this Spring and one this Fall.

First three figures are Bleeding Edge Armor, Rerelease of the Classic Armor with a extra spikey head and Iron Patriot. The BAF is a MASSIVE comic Iron Monger.

Pics are running around, I am stuck on my phone right now or I'd post them.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

More stuff here.

Looks like the first three Iron Men are all rehashes though, nice work putting a complete kick rear end BAF in there with them.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

More stuff here.

Looks like the first three Iron Men are all rehashes though, nice work putting a complete kick rear end BAF in there with them.

The Bleeding Edge Armor is all new. One is a repaint and the other is a rerelease with a awesome new head.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm not a big fan of the movie buck they put Iron Patriot on, and the 2-Pack buck is really good but kinda small. I feel like I've seen the bleeding edge buck, but you are probably right about it being new.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Movie buck on Iron Patriot? That's more or less Osborne's suit in Dark Avengers only on the Extremis armor. It's pretty comic accurate and honestly should've been the variant in the first Legends wave.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

therealjon_ posted:

I'm not a big fan of the movie buck they put Iron Patriot on, and the 2-Pack buck is really good but kinda small. I feel like I've seen the bleeding edge buck, but you are probably right about it being new.

Iron Patriot is a repaint of the Extremis figure from the first wave last year. The Extremis figure is probably my favorite Iron Man figure released. My biggest issue about the Iron Patriot is not fault of Hasbro but more due from Marvel as that armor was never drawn the same way twice. Every artist seemed to draw it completely different which just makes it look odd looking at a figure of it. No matter what they would have done it wouldn't have looked right.

I am stoked to get 2-pack figure finally as I never saw any of the 2-pack at retail. I really hope we see the Black Widow and Winter Solider rereleased again down the road as well.

Ninjajebus
Jan 19, 2005
I couldn't find any info on new 2-packs on the news sites. Please post links! I'm also excited for more Muggs, and the 3 new MU packs.

Has anyone seen Wave 3 running changes in the wild yet, while I'm at it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
New Hot Toys Tony Stark. Is it me or is the facial sculpt not as good this time?

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/hot-toys-iron-man-3-tony-stark-7100/

It looks uncannily like a human still, but not RDJ, specifically.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Ninjajebus posted:

I couldn't find any info on new 2-packs on the news sites. Please post links! I'm also excited for more Muggs, and the 3 new MU packs.

Has anyone seen Wave 3 running changes in the wild yet, while I'm at it?

More mighty muggs?!? Sweet, any word on what ones are going to be coming?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DrChud posted:

More mighty muggs?!? Sweet, any word on what ones are going to be coming?

:( I know it's not going to happen, but I wish they'd release the GI Joe and Indiana Jones Muggs they shelved. They had some real winners coming before they axed both lines.

Ninjajebus
Jan 19, 2005
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMVA2511A#.UQMDTSdEGSo

Iron man 3 Muggs, Kid Robot style.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

New Hot Toys Tony Stark. Is it me or is the facial sculpt not as good this time?

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/hot-toys-iron-man-3-tony-stark-7100/

It looks uncannily like a human still, but not RDJ, specifically.

Yeah, its issues with his forehead and eyes. Theres a picture in a thread over on sideshowcollectors.com that someone photoshopped it to look more like RDJ and its a noticeable difference. I think the other big issue is the prominent chin. RDJ doesn't have a jutting chin like that.

edit: found it

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 26, 2013

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Red posted:

:( I know it's not going to happen, but I wish they'd release the GI Joe and Indiana Jones Muggs they shelved. They had some real winners coming before they axed both lines.

Serpentor and Shipwreck looked awesome:( I wanted them soooooo bad.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

I love Muggs but hmm, not sure I'd want to try to grab a full set that way. Did they say whether they're doing any secret figures for the line or anything like that?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I may get a couple of those just because I oddly enjoy blind boxing stuff. Looks like there's 36 boxes in a case and EE is selling it for $110, so they'll probably be $3-5 a box at retail.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Can anyone shed any light on what this figure is? It's a 2003 Art Asylum Star Trek figure - it appears it might be Dr McCoy, but it doesn't look anything like him, the other pictures of the figure, or youtube reviews of the same figure. It's about six inches tall.

EDIT: Never mind - sorted. It was Dr Bashir in his Trials and Tribbelations clothes.

Darth Ronson fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 28, 2013

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
So, it looks like we will finally get 6" scale Star Wars figures. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/29/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-action-figure-toys/1872035/

First series is Luke in X-wing gear, Darth Maul, R2-D2, and Sandtrooper.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jace Madan posted:

So, it looks like we will finally get 6" scale Star Wars figures. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/29/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-action-figure-toys/1872035/

First series is Luke in X-wing gear, Darth Maul, R2-D2, and Sandtrooper.

Headline: "New toys are on a bigger scale and will focus on characters from the original movie trilogy."

First Wave: Darth Maul

:eng99:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I'm fine with that actually. Let Hasbro do Vader in a later wave when all the design kinks are worked out. Meanwhile I'll hoard the stormtroopers*.

*holy poo poo, sandtrooper in the first wave. My favorite dude right there.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I'm so going to get the sand trooper and hope for a Boba Fett in wave 2.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

$20 for a 6" figure is pretty hard to swallow (and you'd think Hasbro would learn their lesson considering how hard the Avengers and Amazing Spider Man 6" figures are warming the pegs, and how hard Mattel's DCUC stuff often warms the pegs), but I'd buy a 6" Boba Fett without hesitating (and it'd likely be the only 6" Star Wars figure I buy).

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

As long as they make a Jedi Luke, I'll be happy.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Haha like you'll be able to just "buy" a six inch Boba Fett. When that wave hits there will be one Fett per box and stores are going to gut their orders because they will have piles of unsellable Darth Mauls hanging around.

I bet he's going to be at least 100 dollars on ebay almost instantly.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm upset that there's no build-a-figure Jabba the Hutt.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Starsnostars posted:

I'm upset that there's no build-a-figure Jabba the Hutt.

Man, if any character deserves a build-a-figure status, it'd be C-3P0.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So not strictly a figure but today I picked up the Kotobukiya ArtFX New 52 Superman.

I'm almost afraid to open it for fear of the paint not being too durable. I had issues with one of their products a few years ago where the paint started flaking off within a week of buying the item. I might open it just to remove the bag so I can clearly see the whole statue, haven't decided yet. Green Lantern also came out today but I had two requests for it so I had to order another one for myself. I think I'm going to buy the entire line except for Cyborg.

Here's the whole line

At $40 a figure I'd say they're not a bad buy.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Yeah, I was thinking about picking those up. I love thier 1/10 scale Star Wars stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They do great statues, but I am not a fan of synced hip thrusts. Just seems like an odd way for a group of heroes about to commence assbeating to stand.