Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Beyond sane knolls posted:

And don't even get me started on that apostrophe. Unless it's a film about things belonging to a heterosexual person who goes by the initial "A".

But then it would be "Straight As... Straight as what?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Beyond sane knolls posted:

And don't even get me started on that apostrophe. Unless it's a film about things belonging to a heterosexual person who goes by the initial "A".

Apostrophes to indicate plurality where the meaning would otherwise be lost (e.g. after acronyms) are acceptable.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I give that movie poster straight F's.

Tsss...tsss...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I really like this poster:

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I've always liked this poster, the layout of the characters around the page and those crazy goggles appeal to me. I think Bill Sienkiewicz drew it but I am not sure.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tliil posted:

Then Leonardo Dicaprio and Matt Damon both got fat and started playing dad roles... what happened... :reject:

Well, to be fair, Matt Damon never looked like that except for The Talented Mr Ripley. He lost 30 pounds for that role, if I remember correctly, by eating nothing but one chicken breast a day and exercising a lot. And he purposely gained weight for The Informant.

And he's 42 now.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
While I thought Matt Damon did a fine job in The Informant and it's a good movie he's never really lost all the weight he gained for that role and is still a little chubby. He needs to do another action movie to get trim again. Maybe take some of the stuff Sly's on.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Alhazred posted:

I really like this poster:

The bonus is that it's a really good film, too.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Two Kings posted:

While I thought Matt Damon did a fine job in The Informant and it's a good movie he's never really lost all the weight he gained for that role and is still a little chubby. He needs to do another action movie to get trim again. Maybe take some of the stuff Sly's on.

Elysium is coming up in the summer, he might have had to get in shape for that one.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

jet sanchEz posted:

I've always liked this poster, the layout of the characters around the page and those crazy goggles appeal to me. I think Bill Sienkiewicz drew it but I am not sure.

I forgot Vernon Wells was in that.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

jet sanchEz posted:

Man, Jimmy Fallon hasn't aged a day.

dougie
Dec 28, 2012

The style of this makes it a real piece of art..

I love this too..

Least favourite, any buddy movie poster. I Can't think of a good one..

dougie fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 20, 2013

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The director of Drive Angry just posted this on his facebook.

No Nicholas Cage? Bill Fichtner getting top billing? gently caress yeah, sign me up!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dillbag posted:

No Nicholas Cage? Bill Fichtner getting top billing? gently caress yeah, sign me up!

Wait, Drive angry was a movie?

I thought it was a documentary about Nic Cage's life.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Wait, Drive angry was a movie?

I thought it was a documentary about Nic Cage's life.

It's actually both. Everyone but Cage knew it was a movie. Cage just rolled with it. Kinda how Arnold Schwarzenegger thought all his movies were real

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's actually both. Everyone but Cage knew it was a movie. Cage just rolled with it. Kinda how Arnold Schwarzenegger thought all his movies were real

Col. John Matrix is still real to me, damnit.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

ZackHoagie posted:

Nah, the titles wouldn't change position.

No, he's right: the cover for the Blu-Ray/DVD re-release was lenticular.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Dillbag posted:

The Bank Manager from TDK finally gets his prequel movie!

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Everytime I see this, I pray to the movie gods that it would become real.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

dougie posted:

Least favourite, any buddy movie poster. I Can't think of a good one..

Does Blues Brothers count?

Polish posters are always amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the hell is going on there, haha. I see the actors and people from bands too.

Every poster should just pile in every single person to show up in a movie.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Blues Brothers rivals only Muppet movies in the amount of cameos packed in through the run time, and it's absolutely fantastic. :allears:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chieves posted:

The Blues Brothers rivals only Muppet movies in the amount of cameos packed in through the run time, and it's absolutely fantastic. :allears:

Ever seen the extended version with John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom" in full? It's even more awesome.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It would be cool if those gods could choose another director though.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The amount of spit and polish needed to make Disney not come across as one of the more nastiest bastards on the planet would probably kill a writer.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Sheldrake posted:

The amount of spit and polish needed to make Disney not come across as one of the more nastiest bastards on the planet would probably kill a writer.

Well, yeah. It'd be neat to see them try and do that though. Or just roll with it and say "He was human."

hahaha, that'd never happen.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah, Disney can be comically aggressive as a company in denying the darkness inherent in humanity unless there's a specific comeuppance or redemption involved. When there is none and life proves itself the indifferent judge of character and deed that it is, Disney would rather avoid any profit potential at all than acknowledge it.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Here's a real teaser poster for "2001" with a cute pun in the tagline:

EDIT: Also, someone was requesting images of these earlier in the thread.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 20, 2013

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!

Robert Denby posted:

the ultimate trip

:words:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Gosh, I wonder what kind of audience they're marketing that to. :rollmyeyeswithsarcasm:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FutonForensic posted:

Gosh, I wonder what kind of audience they're marketing that to. :rollmyeyeswithsarcasm:

I'd rather more movies like 2001 instead of Harold and Kumar IV: 20.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013
You paid for the whole sheet of acid, but you'll only need the edge!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Lobok posted:

I want another Harold & Kumar movie. :colbert:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

FutonForensic posted:

You're absolutely right. These posters were printed up several months into the films run when MGM realized the movie was big with young people people who had easy access to LSD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

...Man, I hope they use that title.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
When I got 2001 on bluray I was really excited and told my dad about it. He then told me about how him and his buddies went to see it twice, once after smoking a bunch of weed and then again the next day on acid. He's done a bunch of cool poo poo, but that's probably the thing I'm most jealous about.

I had a chance to see 2001 on the big screen a couple years ago, but it was when I was away at school and I couldn't find anyone to go with or, most importantly, pitch in gas money.

As bad as the 2nd Harold and Kumar movie was and as forgettable as the 3rd was, I hope they make another one and use the IV: 20 subtitle

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lobok posted:

I read this post like 2 hours ago but I just got the joke :haw:

God, I hope this gets made. The Harold & Kumar movies aren't spectacular but they're enjoyable enough, and a ridiculous title like this would be totally fitting of the fourth one.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

tliil posted:

You paid for the whole sheet of acid, but you'll only need the edge!

I really like that poster, but there's something about making the monolith white that just doesn't work. Everything else about it is spot on, and I'm not sure how things could be changed around to accomodate a black font color to suit the monolith...but it stands out in a bad way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Put the sun rising from behind & have the monolith in eclipse?