Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

Who Gotch Ya posted:

I took a few shots at 5PTZ yesterday with a friend. I liked these two the best. "Hip Hop Nurse" is such a great description of her personality so this mural was perfect.
The sky was one huge grey cloud all day and I think it shows more on the second one.

5PTZ Hip Hop Nurse by gRAPpler/shooter, on Flickr

5PTZ Hip Hop Nurse 2 by gRAPpler/shooter, on Flickr

I'm just starting so take this with a grain of salt, but they feel to crowded. My eye is not drawn to the model or rather to anything, there's too much information and nothing stands out.

I like the combination of the model and the graffiti girl kind of looking like her on the back and the colours are great on the first one, but if feels like the model is lost in the middle of the graffiti.

I like the second one, the balance between the different colours and how she stands out, but them you miss the nice information on the first one.

This is really really beautiful.

edit: And I hope someone gives you some feedback on it even thought you're on the end of last page, because I don't feel like I can add anything meaningful and pics in the end of pages tend to get ignored sometimes.

Wednesday I'm leaving (again) to patagonia, this time with some very minor photography knowledge and something that's not a P&S. Looking thru last year pics I found one of Isla Magdalena, a GIANT (like 50k giant) penguim colony in the Maggellan Strait. Everywhere you looks there's tons of the little fellas jerking around. This was supposed to be just a sunset picture, but later on I saw there was a rare lone penguin on it. The foreground was too dark, so I lightened it up a little bit while not messing with the sky, but I'd like to make it better. Suggestions?

lonelyboy por primoitcho, no Flickr

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!

When Flickr first loaded, it only showed from the bottom of the trees on up, and I liked it better without the foreground. I know the usual composition is to have a little bit of fore-, mid-, and back-ground, but I think this benefits from losing the snow at the bottom or at least chopping out most of it, which is pretty distracting and bright. Losing the snow also puts the focus squarely on the mountain in the back instead of the tree in the middle, which is where my eyes want to go.

It might also let you bump the exposure up a little bit on the rest of the image to get the snow more white and less gray on the trees without blowing all the highlights. Very beautiful picture, though, even with no changes at all. I miss snow and mountains.

Edit:

Primo Itch posted:

Wednesday I'm leaving (again) to patagonia, this time with some very minor photography knowledge and something that's not a P&S. Looking thru last year pics I found one of Isla Magdalena, a GIANT (like 50k giant) penguim colony in the Maggellan Strait. Everywhere you looks there's tons of the little fellas jerking around. This was supposed to be just a sunset picture, but later on I saw there was a rare lone penguin on it. The foreground was too dark, so I lightened it up a little bit while not messing with the sky, but I'd like to make it better. Suggestions?

lonelyboy por primoitcho, no Flickr

The way the penguin is situated, it's hard to get him and the sky both to pop. There's a bird in the sky just above the penguin, which I keep trying to find something to do with, and I'm not coming up with anything. They're too lined up. Leaving him there as a surprise is makes it a fun picture, but it doesn't feel like an intentional picture with the penguin as a subject. I tried a couple different crops to see if anything worked, but none of them look right. I'd say you've got two pictures with two different crops, but I can't find something that feels nice with both significant sky and an emphasis on Mr. Penguin. You could always go the photoshop route and move him higher up in the picture so he's more prominent.

Valdara fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 15, 2013

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Primo Itch posted:

I'm just starting so take this with a grain of salt, but they feel to crowded. My eye is not drawn to the model or rather to anything, there's too much information and nothing stands out.

I like the combination of the model and the graffiti girl kind of looking like her on the back and the colours are great on the first one, but if feels like the model is lost in the middle of the graffiti.

I like the second one, the balance between the different colours and how she stands out, but them you miss the nice information on the first one.

Thanks. That's actually pretty much what I was going for in this shoot. I figured she'd blend in to the pieces and interact with them. I wanted to catch a lot of the detail in the graffiti and expected the viewer to be looking around. Not just at her, but at the scenario she was in.

We happened to find some stuff that worked well for us, like the X-Men piece to the right of this because I look like Professor X and she calls herself the brown Jean Grey.

JillProfX1 by gRAPpler/shooter, on Flickr
realized this was on another page. I critiqued a couple so I hope it's ok if I throw up my 3rd for the day in this post instead of editing it into the other one

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
I like this one a lot, the color and the mountain top look awesome. I might consider bringing in the contrast just a little bit, the only thing to me is it still feels a bit flat, a little more definition between the three layers might help it pop a bit more.

I agree that the right pole is distracting though I wonder how the composition would look with the background in the left two thirds instead of the right. It feels really cramped to me with her both in and facing to the left and the right two thirds so inactive. Also, as someone else said, your revisions are listed as private so we can't see them.

These shots are a few years old now. They were shot with a Canon Rebel G on Ilford HP5 Plus and developed and exposed by hand for a class. I tweaked them a bit after scanning them but my scanner is pretty crap and I haven't really messed with cleaning up film shots before. I did some basic spot cleaning, but I'm seeing some funny patterns leftover in the shots. Is there any easier way to clean that up or is it pretty much just all healing tools by hand?

Untitled-8 by Opals25, on Flickr

Untitled-16 by Opals25, on Flickr

Untitled-10 by Opals25, on Flickr

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Opals25 posted:

These shots are a few years old now. They were shot with a Canon Rebel G on Ilford HP5 Plus and developed and exposed by hand for a class. I tweaked them a bit after scanning them but my scanner is pretty crap and I haven't really messed with cleaning up film shots before. I did some basic spot cleaning, but I'm seeing some funny patterns leftover in the shots. Is there any easier way to clean that up or is it pretty much just all healing tools by hand?

Untitled-8 by Opals25, on Flickr

This one is not doing much for me. Nothing is really popping out and some things, like the half a sign for the pool hall and the other cut off sign on the right, are distracting. I feel like the texture of the building walls might be interesting, but they're kind of lost in shadow.

quote:

Untitled-16 by Opals25, on Flickr

I like this one a lot. I like the people giving it a sense of scale and the dark shadow on the bottom of the balloon contrasted with the highlights on the people. Is there some dirt blowing off the top of the balloon or is that an artifact of the film?

quote:

Untitled-10 by Opals25, on Flickr

Also like this one, but I wish his eyes were open! I have no experience with film, so I'm not sure how much you can do, but if it was digital, I would play with the b&w mix more to try and give the people more...balance, I guess. They have a lot of shadow and highlights going on. The color of the grass seems a little distracting to me if I keep staring at it. It almost looks like it was just desaturated. Maybe it's my monitor.

-----

We had a couple days of warm weather which resulted in a heavy fog. These are the first heavy fog shots I've taken, so I was shaky on how to shoot them and how to do post (I thought to underexposed them a bit while I was shooting to get it more contrasty, but then had to bump the exposure in post because it didn't work out like I imagined).

IMG_7960 by Kiri koli, on Flickr

IMG_7966 by Kiri koli, on Flickr

Kiri koli fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 16, 2013

Druckman
Apr 9, 2007

Prince Behind Glass

Kiri koli posted:

We had a couple days of warm weather which resulted in a heavy fog. These are the first heavy fog shots I've taken, so I was shaky on how to shoot them and how to do post (I thought to underexposed them a bit while I was shooting to get it more contrasty, but then had to bump the exposure in post because it didn't work out like I imagined).
I'm guessing you're in the New England area like me because we just got a couple days of heavy fog.

I just want to mention that for digital, assuming you don't run into shutter speed issues, camera exposure is super easy if you shoot raw and the dynamic range is within what your camera can capture. Just "expose to the right" and set the final exposure in post processing with CameraRaw, Lightroom, or similar. Google will explain what I mean if you're unclear about the technique.

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

Love this one, though wish blacks would have been bit richer, adding bit more depth to it.

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

...a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

This is amazing; the color, framing, shadow. It'd make a good poster. I want to know the story behind this one.

krooj posted:

This is cool as hell and feels almost like a surreal painting instead of a photograph, although I will echo what another poster suggested about giving more space/breathing room around the subject. If it's cropped because that space wasn't available, then never mind.

Two from today; both of Robarts Library at the University of Toronto.

I really like the intersecting lines and the contrast in the first one. The second is good but I think it'd look even better in B&W. The color is slightly distracting.

Here's three more from my first night shoot with my RX1. Keep in mind it was pretty much dark as poo poo.

RIP-Dale by the nerdicle, on Flickr

skate by the nerdicle, on Flickr

cart in shadows by the nerdicle, on Flickr

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

The Jizzer posted:

This is amazing; the color, framing, shadow. It'd make a good poster. I want to know the story behind this one.

I really like the intersecting lines and the contrast in the first one. The second is good but I think it'd look even better in B&W. The color is slightly distracting.

Here's three more from my first night shoot with my RX1. Keep in mind it was pretty much dark as poo poo.

For as dark as it is, there's surprisingly little noise from what I can tell. I like the shopping cart shot with all of the heavy shadow.

Here are a couple I took on a walk last night:

Yakult
Jun 14, 2006

A MOOSE DENIED

I like this one least. There's just not enough going on here, and the vignetting seems excessive.

This one really works for me though. I love the sharpness of the parallel lines cutting through the photo on the street, plus the split shadow heading off in a slightly different direction. I'll echo Phummus; these are surprisingly clean given the low light - nice work.

Both of these are beautiful to me. The soft texture of the plant is reflected in the blurred drops of background light, and that tree looks like nothing so much as the sky cracking apart. The one issue I have with it is the very top of the photo; feels maybe a bit heavy on the gray for my taste.

Here's a few I snagged at a cheezball circus in Madrid last week and processed to get some mad colors. Do they work?

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

The Jizzer posted:

Thanks. Here you go:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Trying the retro filter because this image had that vibe to me. I know the composition isn't overly interesting but is it really poor?

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 17, 2013

phootnote
Mar 6, 2006
sleighted!

What is going on here? Is this film? If it is digital, I don't feel the coloring.

I have been trying to work with a 28mm lens, but nothing really turns out good. I can't find that space for a 28mm. Photos are either really far in the distance or really close. Is there not a good angle of view from a mid distance for a 28?

IMG_7133 by Wilson!!!!, on Flickr

Oprah Haza
Jan 25, 2008
That's my purse! I don't know you!

I think your subject gets overwhelmed by the mural. :/

TIS AWESOME. Love this.

These guys got married (eloped, courtroom)! This was directly after the marriage while walking to get some pizza and wine.

No control over location or time, kind of upset the top of her dress is so blown out.

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

...a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

Yakult posted:

This one really works for me though. I love the sharpness of the parallel lines cutting through the photo on the street, plus the split shadow heading off in a slightly different direction. I'll echo Phummus; these are surprisingly clean given the low light - nice work.

Thanks. Note this is with NR set to *off* in the camera, and none applied in post. This camera really is something else in low light.

Yakult posted:

Here's a few I snagged at a cheezball circus in Madrid last week and processed to get some mad colors. Do they work?

I like this one the best. Great color and framing. Maybe a little less blowout with the spotlights but that might not be able to be helped.

krooj posted:

Thanks. Here you go:

Brilliant. I love it. Great contrast with the sky, clean lines, and it looks like the side of a starship.

Two more from the same night.

house face by the nerdicle, on Flickr

orange mustang by the nerdicle, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage posted:

The first one is boring - it doesn't tell a story like the other two do. Also, what's up with the excessive vignetting on it?

Interesting, I thought the random graffiti told a story in itself, but composition-wise, yeah I can see how it's not that compelling. I really have no idea where the vignetting came from. This was in near-darkness so maybe that with the high ISO it caused some vignetting? Or maybe I accidentally selected a hosed-up in-camera filter, I dunno.

The Jizzer fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 17, 2013

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Maverick by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Who Gotch Ya posted:

JillProfX1 by gRAPpler/shooter, on Flickr
realized this was on another page. I critiqued a couple so I hope it's ok if I throw up my 3rd for the day in this post instead of editing it into the other one

The subject gets lost in the visual noise in this one. "5PTZ Hip Hop Nurse 2" is the best of this set.

The Jizzer posted:

RIP-Dale by the nerdicle, on Flickr

skate by the nerdicle, on Flickr

The first one is boring - it doesn't tell a story like the other two do. Also, what's up with the excessive vignetting on it?

Deadreak posted:

I decided to keep this photo under-exposed, maybe wrong choice.

Over the Mountain by deadreak, on Flickr

I think this would work way better as a square crop or 1.25:1 crop. The very top and bottom don't really have any visual content. For me the picture is all about how the sunlight is breaking over the mountain ridge, so emphasize that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

phootnote posted:

What is going on here? Is this film? If it is digital, I don't feel the coloring.

Now? Trying different things.

phootnote
Mar 6, 2006
sleighted!
Color looks much better. I don't know what you were going for before. Are the two different colored corners on purpose?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

phootnote posted:

Color looks much better. I don't know what you were going for before. Are the two different colored corners on purpose?

No, actually that was naturally the way the camera rendered the sky. I use to do photography long ago when I was younger but my camera became very obsolete and I didn't have money for a newer one. I just got a D5100 though and I am trying to refine my stuff.

Again, I know this isn't the best composition but I thought it had some interesting things about it for a quick shot. I am playing with Light Room. I knew the first one wasn't the best look, I literally hit the retro preset on Light Room. I am much more statisfied with what I did with the second, is the vinetting a bit much or does it work with this type of shot?

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 18, 2013

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

krooj posted:

Thanks. Here you go:

This is so much better now. It looks really cool in black and white. It's a lot more ambiguous and interesting. Before, it was pretty obviously the side of a building. Now it makes you think about what you're looking at and I think it inspires a lot more imagination.

It looks like it could be a rendering of a video game stage or a Mass Effect concept design.

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

T Fowl posted:

No, actually that was naturally the way the camera rendered the sky. I use to do photography long ago when I was younger but my camera became very obsolete and I didn't have money for a newer one. I just got a D5100 though and I am trying to refine my stuff.

Again, I know this isn't the best composition but I thought it had some interesting things about it for a quick shot. I am playing with Light Room. I knew the first one wasn't the best look, I literally hit the retro preset on Light Room. I am much more statisfied with what I did with the second, is the vinetting a bit much or does it work with this type of shot?

It's too strong. If you use vignetting, make it look a lot more subtle and you'll be happier with the results.

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

MrBlandAverage posted:

I think this would work way better as a square crop or 1.25:1 crop. The very top and bottom don't really have any visual content. For me the picture is all about how the sunlight is breaking over the mountain ridge, so emphasize that.

Thanks, seems like this is general critique I have got from everyone, next time :D

Did quick crop just to see the difference:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Looks way better.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

T Fowl posted:

Trying the retro filter because this image had that vibe to me. I know the composition isn't overly interesting but is it really poor?

The "retro filter"? What program are you using?

From experience, I can say that your time will be much, much better spent learning how to achieve the looks you want to go after by making them yourself in Photoshop, Lightroom, even plugins (something like Exposure which has a robust set of features to tweak) than clicking presets trying to find one that you think is good. Clicking around presets tires your eyes and makes them less critical, and also depersonalizes your image.

Actually, after looking at your updated image are you using Nik's Color Efex plugin? I don't use it much but I do think I recognize it, or at least it seems familiar (the different colors on each corner). It does look better than the original post.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

rio posted:

The "retro filter"? What program are you using?

From experience, I can say that your time will be much, much better spent learning how to achieve the looks you want to go after by making them yourself in Photoshop, Lightroom, even plugins (something like Exposure which has a robust set of features to tweak) than clicking presets trying to find one that you think is good. Clicking around presets tires your eyes and makes them less critical, and also depersonalizes your image.

Actually, after looking at your updated image are you using Nik's Color Efex plugin? I don't use it much but I do think I recognize it, or at least it seems familiar (the different colors on each corner). It does look better than the original post.

I said I was using Light Room, and I agree that the presets are kind of silly to use but I just started playing with the program. I use to play with stuff like this as I said but always used Photoshop years ago. When I first used Light Room and went through the presets just to see what they could do, that one looked interesting and for some reason I was getting the vibe from that shot.

More playing with Light Room, I need to go out and find better stuff to shoot though, mostly I have just done easy, simple things around me right now.

Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!

Deadreak posted:

Thanks, seems like this is general critique I have got from everyone, next time :D

Did quick crop just to see the difference:

This looks way better.

I like the way the lines all move horizontally through the picture, and how the green in the car and the green in the awning bounce off each other. I do think the entire shadow should be included if you have more picture real-estate or the next time you shoot a car. I want to see the shape the car makes compared to the shapes on the awning and pillar in the back.

Here are my two SF photos again. I changed them so that the exposure was the same on each. Is one or the other a better photo? What could I improve about them?

Picture 1

Picture 2

phootnote
Mar 6, 2006
sleighted!

Valdara posted:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 2 > Picture 1
I like the even spacing of 2. The excess water in 1 doesn't do much for me and it seems lopsided. Other then that, awesome night shots.

IMG_7141 by Wilson!!!!, on Flickr

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Valdara posted:

Picture 1

Picture 2

I feel like you would have benefited a lot during your shoot using a wide angle, do you have one?

I only have a crappy lens addition to get a wide angle effect but once I get some savings for a decent one.

Druckman
Apr 9, 2007

Prince Behind Glass

Oprah Haza posted:

These guys got married (eloped, courtroom)! This was directly after the marriage while walking to get some pizza and wine.

I'll give these a shot.
1. The woman is in a weird posture/expression that I don't know how to interpret. The lights in the background are distracting.
Edit: I just realized that she is pretending to be resistant to wearing her husband's jacket.
2. I like this one the best. Good facial expressions and focus seems sharp. Background is still distracting (but you knew that). You could clone out some lights to help some here but that poll coming out of her head is problematic.
3. It's good that you opened up the aperture to try to mute the background distractions (like all the shots), but that white railing going up her butt ruins the shot for me.
I think the situation (crappy backgrounds) beat you down on this shoot.

For my submission, here's a shot from our recent New England fog.

Link-Belt by AllLightIsGood, on Flickr
I'm hoping that the color of the window and crane arm (along with the branches) creates a strong pull into the center. Does it work out? General comments?

Druckman fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 20, 2013

Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!

T Fowl posted:

I feel like you would have benefited a lot during your shoot using a wide angle, do you have one?

I only have a crappy lens addition to get a wide angle effect but once I get some savings for a decent one.

That was taken with my kit lens, which only goes to 18mm and is the widest I have. But you are right that with a wider lens I could have gotten more skyline.

phootnote posted:

Picture 2 > Picture 1
I like the even spacing of 2. The excess water in 1 doesn't do much for me and it seems lopsided. Other then that, awesome night shots.

Thanks! It was the one I liked better, but my husband liked the other because of how bright the lights were on the water. Just wanted confirmation that my editing skills are improving as far as composition, but I still need to work on good (and particularly consistent) post processing.

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

T Fowl posted:

The strongest lines in this picture are the parking space lines against the asphalt in the bottom of the photo. My eye immediately goes to them and follows them out of the bottom right corner. There's simply no interesting forms in the upper 2/3rds of the photo that draw my eye to that part of the image to counter the visual weight of that contrast. For that reason, I would say that it is a poor fundamental composition.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

I like the continuity between the bottle and the spacing between the plastic placard holders; it creates an implicit vertical line on the left side of the image which plays against the other more obvious lines in the shot. The bottle's blurry reflection in the steel makes a slight and understated appearance of perspective that trails rightward with the shelf that it's sitting on as well. The colors -- green, white, red, gold/yellow -- all provide a neat contrast among each other. However, I find myself busied by reading the yellow price tags for the most part, but once I get past them, the rest of the image comes together for me.

Cereal Bar.

Cereal Bar. by ryantss, on Flickr

EDIT: The more I look at it, I think it needs to be cropped more in the top.

tau fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 20, 2013

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Valdara posted:

Here are my two SF photos again. I changed them so that the exposure was the same on each. Is one or the other a better photo? What could I improve about them?

Picture 1

Picture 2

I like the second better. The first one feels a little cramped, I would like to see a bit more space above the buildings. In the second one, the buildings also look taller somehow, I guess probably because of the extra room at the top and because they look better spaced out. Comparing the two images, the first looks like a photo you took from where you happened to be standing, and the second looks more planned out. The buildings line up in more pleasing ways, while in the first they kind of run together. I hope that makes sense. There is still a bit of a distracting hole in the second one, but I doubt there is anything you could have done about that. In the first photo it's not quite as bad, being off to the side.

Here's mine, an agave in my parents' yard. I'm not sure about the tip on the left, and think maybe I should clone it out.

Agave Ver. 2 by Shadeofblue

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ShadeofBlue posted:

I like the second better. The first one feels a little cramped, I would like to see a bit more space above the buildings. In the second one, the buildings also look taller somehow, I guess probably because of the extra room at the top and because they look better spaced out. Comparing the two images, the first looks like a photo you took from where you happened to be standing, and the second looks more planned out. The buildings line up in more pleasing ways, while in the first they kind of run together. I hope that makes sense. There is still a bit of a distracting hole in the second one, but I doubt there is anything you could have done about that. In the first photo it's not quite as bad, being off to the side.

Here's mine, an agave in my parents' yard. I'm not sure about the tip on the left, and think maybe I should clone it out.

I think the tip on the left is fine, but a tighter crop might be worthwhile. The empty top just doesn't seem like it adds anything.

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

ShadeofBlue posted:

Did you selectively darken the background? The tip on the right seems off (flat) and there seem to be some slight haloing on both plants.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

TheJeffers posted:

The strongest lines in this picture are the parking space lines against the asphalt in the bottom of the photo. My eye immediately goes to them and follows them out of the bottom right corner. There's simply no interesting forms in the upper 2/3rds of the photo that draw my eye to that part of the image to counter the visual weight of that contrast. For that reason, I would say that it is a poor fundamental composition.

Personally, I don't care much for the second shot. I think the first one quoted here is pretty interesting but isn't quite there.

All of the business on the bottom might have been fine without the text, but that really draws attention there and away from the top of the image - which seems like a focal point with the bottle. Looking back and forth is a conflict. I think that if there were more of the upper right negative space, and a little bit of headroom on the bottle that it might have been more equal. The lines leading to the right also seem to leave me hanging.

I like the colors but it seems oversharpened - that might just be flickr though.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
edit: nope.

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 21, 2013

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Awkward Davies posted:

edit: I'm a stupid idiot and I broke tables.

You also haven't posted critique since August.

That said, the first crop looks nicest to me, but I'm not a fan of the whole dreamy look thing going on.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Despair posted:

You also haven't posted critique since August.

That said, the first crop looks nicest to me, but I'm not a fan of the whole dreamy look thing going on.

MOD EDIT: HEY DORKROOM HAVE SOME ROBERT FROST

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Awkward Davies posted:

Oh poo poo I am hugely stupid. Deleting and looking for something to critique.

Thank you for taking it out so I guess it's not technically rule breaking so instead of probating you for prior rule breaking, I'm just going to be silly.