Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

ChrisG with the best possible response to Gootecks's nonsense:

"What?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gimnbo posted:

ChrisG with the best possible response to Gootecks's nonsense:

"What?"

I was expecting him to answer "Soul Fist", but "What" is a great answer too.

Also, that dog is still adorable. :3:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I love these Madcatz commercials. They're a throwback to the days of Surge commercials. "Why are those people fighting in a junkyard? SURGE!" becomes "Why is Zhi mashing while taking a dump? MADCATZ!"

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
PR Balrog is always smiling and I love that guy for it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I've never liked PR Rog since that one time he air-humped Mihe (was it Mihe?) behind his back after shaking his hand, but he's playing well now at least.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

AnonSpore posted:

I've never liked PR Rog since that one time he air-humped Mihe (was it Mihe?) behind his back after shaking his hand, but he's playing well now at least.

That was because Mihe had been a dick to him beforehand. Rog is a pretty stand-up guy.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
drat, PR Balrog's really tearing poo poo up; I didn't even know he had a doom! Chris G not looking so hot right now...

edit: And as I say that, Chris comes back with Doom. Good poo poo.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Transient People posted:

That was because Mihe had been a dick to him beforehand. Rog is a pretty stand-up guy.

It was more the "smile from the front, diss from the back" that got to me.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
So, how's everyone enjoying the Sandbaggathon over there? I totally get why Chris G is doing this but man, it's a real downer to see him not putting any effort. And I think Rog is starting to notice too.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008
PR Rog's 'pretend to do nothing, kill Morrigan' meta was amazing

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
2013 Marvel metagame: Just Foot Dive/Helm Breaker It

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

CubsWoo posted:

2013 Marvel metagame: Just Foot Dive/Helm Breaker It

As Chris Matrix once aptly put it: Raw (as)S!

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
For what it's worth, Champ tweeted that he played Dios X in sets and won 10-0 and 10-1.

Schedule for finals day in Pacific time:

Level|Up Live Schedule: http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

9am – 11am PSABR Top 4
11am – 11:30am Tekken Ball GF
11:30pm – 2:30pm TTT2 Top 8
2:30pm – 5pm SSF4E Top 8
5pm – 8:30pm UMVC3 Top 16

Level|Up Live 2 Schedule: http://twitch.tv/leveluplive2

9am – 11am SSF4E Top 32
11am – 1pm UMVC3 Top 32
1pm – 4pm KOF13 Top 8
4pm – 6pm P4A Top 8

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Transient People posted:

As Chris Matrix once aptly put it: Raw (as)S!

Is he...? Is he saying Raw rear end?

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Anybody know what the story with SCR archives is? I worked all day yesterday and was pretty disappointed to only be able to watch the end of the ChrisG vs PR Rog exhibition from the entire day of tournament. I only see day 1 and the last 90min of the exhibitions in levelup's archive on twitch, and leveluplive2 doesn't look like they archived day 2 either.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

wixard posted:

Anybody know what the story with SCR archives is? I worked all day yesterday and was pretty disappointed to only be able to watch the end of the ChrisG vs PR Rog exhibition from the entire day of tournament. I only see day 1 and the last 90min of the exhibitions in levelup's archive on twitch, and leveluplive2 doesn't look like they archived day 2 either.

You'll probably have to buy it from Gootecks for :10bux:

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You'll probably have to buy it from Gootecks for :10bux:

I guess people must pay for these otherwise they'd stop doing it, but man I just can't imagine paying for a day's worth of streamed videogames.

Octo1
May 7, 2009
It's here: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/c/1849603

Found it here, but it's not on their main twitch page for some reason.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The archives are up for free, they aren't doing the bifuteki thing

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Mr. Fun posted:

I guess people must pay for these otherwise they'd stop doing it, but man I just can't imagine paying for a day's worth of streamed videogames.
I've bought some of the CC stuff, I don't mind paying people for cool content because I know it's really hard to create consistently (and on top of that the FGC is pretty picky), but I already subscribe to LevelUp and I was going to be salty if I also had to pay CrossCounter because Gootecks did some interviews. Paying for the exhibitions would sort of make sense, paying for the bracket stuff would be pretty lovely.

Octo1 posted:

It's here: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/c/1849603

Found it here, but it's not on their main twitch page for some reason.
Awesome, thanks. Weird it shows up as an 11.5 hour "highlight," I was looking in the "past broadcasts" tab of that page where I usually find the long archives.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

iPodschun posted:

Schedule for finals day in Pacific time:

Level|Up Live Schedule: http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

9am – 11am PSABR Top 4
11am – 11:30am Tekken Ball GF
11:30pm – 2:30pm TTT2 Top 8
2:30pm – 5pm SSF4E Top 8
5pm – 8:30pm UMVC3 Top 16

Level|Up Live 2 Schedule: http://twitch.tv/leveluplive2

9am – 11am SSF4E Top 32
11am – 1pm UMVC3 Top 32
1pm – 4pm KOF13 Top 8
4pm – 6pm P4A Top 8
PSABR and AE Top 32 are on now. Here are the brackets for AE and UMvC3:

http://levelup.challonge.com/ae_top32_scr2013
http://levelup.challonge.com/umvc3_top32_scr2013

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Has Floe ever won anything? I swear every time I see him play he gets destroyed badly. Is there a reason why he's EG sponsored?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Has Floe ever won anything? I swear every time I see him play he gets destroyed badly. Is there a reason why he's EG sponsored?

He drives Justin around and lets him live with him.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

If it means anything, Floe used to be a Soul Calibur champion. He could hold his own against France really well, and that game to them is like America and Marvel. I guess these days he could just spend all day playing Boshy or whatever and be sponsored for that. :V

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Even though Floe's never placed higher than second in an SF4 major he plays a lot of games at a reasonably high level and he has a reputation for being stronger in casuals/long sets than tournaments, Justin probably justified signing Floe so he could be a full-time training partner.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Top 8 AE
Winners
Hugo101 vs LPN
PR Balrog vs Infiltration

Losers
Dieminion vs Hoodaman
Ricky vs CJ Truth

He hasn't won much, but places top 16 or so fairly often in a few games. Also he's Justin's roommate+training partner, and gets a lot of viewers on his casual game streams which led to him getting the Evo pre-game show.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 20, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I hope you all aren't watching that lovely Marvel game or anything right now, because Tekken Ball is mad hype.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
He's Justin's training partner, a job he's clearly quite effective at given Justin's recent amazing tournament results.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

AnonSpore posted:

I hope you all aren't watching that lovely Marvel game or anything right now, because Tekken Ball is mad hype.

I have no idea what im watching but the volleyball just did like 80% hp.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I like Tekken Ball because everyone looks as terrible at the game as I am.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
Now I want Tekken Ball at Evo, the commentary was really good also.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

heiden posted:

Now I want Tekken Ball at Evo, the commentary was really good also.

Philthy Rich and MarkMan really do make an excellent pair on commentary. :allears:

Ixtle
Nov 25, 2001
All that ball talk.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
Combining the hype of divekick, the characters from Smash and the timeouts from SfxT with balls, this truly is the best worst game.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Death Bot posted:

Is he...? Is he saying Raw rear end?

Does anyone remember where this was? It sent me into hysterics when it happened.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Your way works too posted:

Does anyone remember where this was? It sent me into hysterics when it happened.
I want to say this happened at Curly Mustache.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
AE is on now if anyone was waiting for it. https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Started with LPN vs Hugo101

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

may contain peanuts posted:

I want to say this happened at Curly Mustache.
Yup. It's from the K-Brad vs. TWK match.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I didn't think I could get hype for SF4 any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

iPodschun posted:

AE is on now if anyone was waiting for it. https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Started with LPN vs Hugo101

Great match to start off the day/night!