Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

EMC posted:

Steve Waugh is clearly the best batsmen in the side, why is he not at 3?

Matthew Hayden should have come in at 3 he was scoring the most runs for a couple of years back there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
I loving love last wicket stands. Bat Starc at 6.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The crowd broke the record for the longest beer snake apparently. Rain delay worth it

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

International cricket, any excuse not to play

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Scylo posted:

The crowd broke the record for the longest beer snake apparently. Rain delay worth it

Here's a shot of it via Grandstand

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What the hell was wrong with the outfield? Not like it was that much rain and only two days ago the ground was being blasted by a blowtorch.

poo poo umpiring all round today.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hyperriker posted:

Matthew Hayden should have come in at 3 he was scoring the most runs for a couple of years back there

And it's us who get called the trolls. smh.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Lionel RichTea posted:

And it's us who get called the trolls. smh.

Ian Bell at 3 for England

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Australia captain nearly as good as Ian Bell, yhihf

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nOloDiePc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That's awesome. Genuinely amazed that the SCG's idiotic security people didn't kick them out for it!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

quote:

caught up with my mate (brother in law of mike hussey) and got some pretty interesting info ok, there has been alot of talk around the attitude of michael clarke for years, he is a selfish wnker. Mike apparantly was promised at a minimum two one dayers in the ODI series, in Perth, he was promised this on the back of "best available" talk. It is probably worth mentioning that alot of the players are a bit scared of clarke in terms of the fact that he is a selector now, so they avoid trying to pss him off. Anyways at some point clarke called mike over (after the end of play) and asked if he could have a word. In this discussion he told mike that he wouldnt be playing because they were "looking to the future" mike asked about best available side and all that sht and clarke said "you can have a lap of honor before we play the ODI in Perth" to whihc mike told him to shove his lap up his as. Cricket Australia didnt want to announce the axing but certain members of the hussey camp "accidentally" dropped the hint to journos around the country clarkey wasnt happy about this and i guess it set the tone for the following couple of days (this was after play day 3 from memory). So then the day before the game finished mike was asked by clarke what he wanted to do for his last game, and he said that he wanted to just sit in the changerooms and get pssed with the team and the entire support staff. Michael Clarke then proceeded the following day to organise to go on James Packers massive boat (which they could do any time for the next 3 days) but he wanted to go that evening the test ended.

as a side note they all get pretty expensive retirement gifts from the team, and mike (being in charge of the song) will change the ipod to John Williamsons "true blue" this is when the team knows to get in a huddle to sing the team song. anyways someone turns the music off, and mike started complaining that someone had fcked the ipod up... nek minut John Williamson walks in singing "true blue"... thought that was pretty cool.

So anyways, clarke tried to turn it and say "I did this for you mike" (the boat) when he already knew what mike wanted to do, didnt want to go to the boat he wanted to get pssed int he changerooms. So at the end of the day everyone is in the changeroom drinking, clarke had left early because he wanted to go on the boat, some players (including warner) left as well. When it was time to leave for the boat a couple of players asked mike if he was coming, and mike was like "nah go have fun, i will stay and celebrate with my family and the support staff". Nathon Lyon (Mikes best friend in the team) said "fck that if huss isnt going im not going" then watto said the same. As Vice captain that meant that alot because the players came back to the room and were gonna bail on the boat, because they weren't worried as much about clarke losing it.

So the next minute they get word that Clarke has made the boat an "official Cricket Australia function" which means the players get in trouble for not attending. This forced alot of the players to leave,
Siddle and Lyon and the support staff were the only ones left from what I understand, absolutely petty and sht form from clarke considering that they could have gone on the boat the following night.

So in the end Mike, his family and the support staff stayed in the rooms. Mike then woke up with a voicemail from clarke which abused the sht out of him for leaking to the media and about how he didnt go on the boat with the players. Then clarke put david warner on the phone, who abused the sht out of him as well. Mike just took it in his stride and didnt respond, and the next morning in the lobby of the hotel clarke wouldnt even look at him. Mike apparantly said "hey clarkey, one day you'll know" and that was the last words they had exchanged. Mike was refferring to the fact that clarke is a selfish ct, and cant understand why mike is retiring (young family etc).

Dunno how much I trust it, but yeah, more info.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Sounds like Clarke couldn't get over the fact Hussey took away his control by retiring on his own terms so made a big deal out of it.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Where's the quote from? Sounds like what I heard at the pub on friday.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Sounds like bullshit to me.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Sounds like the australian dressing room is like Mean Girls.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Matchbox posted:

Where's the quote from? Sounds like what I heard at the pub on friday.
I would say its from some dude who knows the brother in law of Mike Hussey, but some random on the internet posted it so I dont know how much I trust it.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Whole lot of manchildren.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

deep square leg posted:

Whole lot of manchildren.

Who else, other than Clarke, was being a manchild?

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Sounds like they're just a bunch of standard bogans and Clarke is a prima donna like that blonde Bingle.

e: Just got the Clarke & Hussey email forwarded to me now

Captain Matchbox fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 21, 2013

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It sounds like bullshit to me. It really depends if Watson is out of touch with reality enough to piss off tyrant Clarke.

Watson is out of form with the bat to the point where he honestly should be dropped. Why would he be going around making obvious power plays towards the captain and safest player in the side if Clarke is some kind of insane Nazi.

Watson is basically a dues ex machina in the story. He flies down from heaven to allow the players to not go on the party boat.

Could be true but I'm suspect of stories that follow an obvious narrative. Especially when Watson acts like ten times the clown Clarke does on the field.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Everything that Dave Warner does in that story also seems really suspect.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The absence of kangaroos sets off many alarm bells for me.

myth busted

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Frogmanv2 posted:

Who else, other than Clarke, was being a manchild?

Pretty much any professional athlete.

edit: and forums posters including me

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

poo poo, I just remembered that I was given Michael Clarke when we were assigned players in the last thread.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I knew what I was doing.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Brad Hodge will never go away

quote:

"Would I like to play for Australia? Of course, everyone would," Hodge said in Dhaka. "I probably deserved to play a little bit more when I had the opportunity. It seems that there seems to be a lot more rotating players then when I was in my prime.

"I am still playing good enough to represent Australia I think. But I do believe that my opportunity is passed. Having said that I am considering after this tournament, to go back to four-day cricket and have a quick shot at trying to make the Ashes team."

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Those all seems like things Clarke would do, especially in light of the whole Katich thing. Hodge owns but he's the type who wouldn't put up with Clarke's nonsense so he has no chance. He quite clearly should be in the T20 side at least if it was picked on form.

edit: Good on Siddle and Lyon if that story is true.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 21, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Isn't Hodge a massive oval office too?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Hodge is more of an aspbergers style oval office as opposed to Clarke who is a spoilt teenage girl style oval office.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A poisonous dressing room and a terrible bunch of players. Are you England in the 90's?

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Chief posted:

Every good cricketer is a massive oval office.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Cocksmith posted:

Every good cricketer is a massive oval office.

And this increases on a scale according to the skill of the cricketer. Exhibit A: Don Bradman.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Frogmanv2 posted:

Dunno how much I trust it, but yeah, more info.

Sounds plausible, but gently caress whoever wrote that for using the retarded nek minit meme.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Coq au Nandos posted:

Sounds plausible, but gently caress whoever wrote that for using the retarded nek minit meme.

I'm baffled how that one got traction anywhere outside of New Zealand.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously though Hodgey is still better than half our batting order.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

I'm baffled how that one got traction anywhere outside of New Zealand.

it's all the neffs bro

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I would be quite happy for Brad Hodge to play in the Ashes.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Clarke has sprained his ankle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Pig in the City posted:

Clarke has sprained his ankle.

trying to dislodge it from Packer's arse no doubt! Hahahahah *skips into the sunset blowing bubbles*

• Locked thread