Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mr. Squishy posted:

A show where one comedian tries to convert another would be so excruciating it'd be a must listen.
If it's anything like the Evolution vs. Science argument on the season finale of Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I'm all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Matt Besser's 'guy yelling from an audience/crowd' voice is so loving hilarious to me every time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tnimark posted:

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and I missed it, but are the CBB episodes on VPN entirely new episodes specifically recorded for VPN and won't be released as audio-only podcasts? Or have they been recording video of recent podcast episodes and they're airing those on VPN?

They are definitely not previously heard episodes. They are live shows from Sundance this weekend. We have no idea if they'll be released as part of the feed yet or if they're video exclusives.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

tnimark posted:

Matt Besser's 'guy yelling from an audience/crowd' voice is so loving hilarious to me every time.

I would listen to a weekly podcast of Matt Besser just bitching and bullshitting about everything. I'd listen to it exclusively.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is anyone else conflicted because this VPN thing is run by Carolla? I want good things for Earwolf but only terrible things for him.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Why's that?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Adam Carolla is pretty much wrong about everything, and not just the whole "women aren't capable of being funny" thing. He basically has the political and social knowledge of a guy who got through high school because he was alright at sports, which was exactly his experience. He freely admits to barely being able to read, and once told George Takei that Japanese internment was justified even though Takei himself was put into a camp as a child. He's got some pretty abhorrent worldviews.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Let's just say, in an attempt not to derail the earwolf thread, that he gets called a racist and sexist a lot, and it's for a reason. But hey, as long as Earwolf can do their own thing then no worries.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The trailer on the VPN YouTube channel has a short clip of a CBB with Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Daly :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3QwqCABv4

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
drat, and we never figured out if this was going to be audioed for posterity? Then again, I can't see it not showing up in the Earwolf Store, at the very least, and that fits how they've rolled in similar situations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
That sounded like Hot Dog to me. :O

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The fact that there's a Daly/Mantzoukas podcast that has yet to see the light makes me so happy. I'll be counting the days until that shows up.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

SKULE123 posted:

drat, and we never figured out if this was going to be audioed for posterity? Then again, I can't see it not showing up in the Earwolf Store, at the very least, and that fits how they've rolled in similar situations.

Hopefully Jeff clears this up next time he stops by the thread. International time zones make it difficult for me to watch these shows on VPN as scheduled. I'd love to be able to access them later, whether it be on youtube, Earwolf store or audio only on the podcast feed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tnimark posted:

Hopefully Jeff clears this up next time he stops by the thread. International time zones make it difficult for me to watch these shows on VPN as scheduled. I'd love to be able to access them later, whether it be on youtube, Earwolf store or audio only on the podcast feed.

I believe they'll definitely be archived on the YouTube channel. At least that's the indication I got from the Earworf Twitter feed. Whether the audio will be released separately is unknown.

We're a little over an hour away. Can't wait to see what they've got lined up for this first one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has this always been on the site or was I just missing it?

http://www.earwolf.com/radio/

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I believe they'll definitely be archived on the YouTube channel. At least that's the indication I got from the Earworf Twitter feed.

Oh that's cool then.

By the way, thanks thread for relentlessly plugging the Reality Show Show. I've listened to the first 4 eps and I love it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

KimT posted:

Has this always been on the site or was I just missing it?

http://www.earwolf.com/radio/

It's been there for like 3 days.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From what I've gathered from various comments the way it will work for the Earwolf content is that every Thursday there will be a stream that rotates Earwolf shows. That's probably a better idea than having a CBB every week. Though I wouldn't really complain about that either. The first one that just ended was pretty great.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
"I heard your religion is weird nonsense. Does that ring a bell?" - Chelsea Peretti to mormons.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Deadpool posted:

From what I've gathered from various comments the way it will work for the Earwolf content is that every Thursday there will be a stream that rotates Earwolf shows. That's probably a better idea than having a CBB every week. Though I wouldn't really complain about that either. The first one that just ended was pretty great.

It's late here and I'm about to turn in, but here's what I can say:

1. We'll be doing one live show per week to start, Thursday's at 6pm PST and the shows will rotate, so it won't be any one show all the time. But which show it is will depend on scheduling and such.
2. It looks like a lot of the shows will be released later as regular eps. However, that may not always be true and will be up to the artists to decide on a case by case basis.
3. None will be for sale in our store.
4. The video archives will be available after the fact (some clips as well) on youtube.com/earwolf
5. VPN is not run by Carolla, he is one of the content partners. It is run by a different group, some of whom have worked with him in the past on Loveline and The Man Show.

Does that cover it? Let me know if I missed a question, I'm about to pass out.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

jyrka posted:

"I heard your religion is weird nonsense. Does that ring a bell?" - Chelsea Peretti to mormons.

This was amazing live.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I just can't believe that no one mentioned to the people in charge that maybe VPN isn't the best name for an Internet thing since those initials are taken

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Riptor posted:

I just can't believe that no one mentioned to the people in charge that maybe VPN isn't the best name for an Internet thing since those initials are taken

I was shocked that the youtube VPN URL was open for the taking, in our world of name and account squatting.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

What the actual gently caress Jeff Ulrich. Reupload the episodes to Earwolf already! I can understand why you'd switch it around like this, but no man should have to endure the terror I was subjected to.

The CBB live show was set to private and paused just as I was watching the Would You Rather results coming in :negative:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was a bit confused until I noticed that the guy playing the dragonkin is really boring, so any voice I wasn't sure about would be him.

I literally forgot he was in the group for a long time

My favorite thing about Nerd Poker are Blaine's fake ads.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

What the actual gently caress Jeff Ulrich. Reupload the episodes to Earwolf already! I can understand why you'd switch it around like this, but no man should have to endure the terror I was subjected to.

According to Scott on Twitter, they were taken down so the sound could be fixed up. Should be back up soon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The new How Did This Get Made? is wonderful. Tim Heidecker is on and they talk Odd Life of Timothy Green. There's no super awesome jokes, but they have a legitimate two on two debate about the movie and it's really fun to hear.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I saw someone today Bing Google. It was amazing.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Glitterbomber posted:

The new How Did This Get Made? is wonderful. Tim Heidecker is on and they talk Odd Life of Timothy Green. There's no super awesome jokes, but they have a legitimate two on two debate about the movie and it's really fun to hear.

It was definitely an interesting episode. I was kind of dreading it ever since they said Tim Heidecker was going to be on because while I love pretty much everything he's ever done I've never seen him break character before and I wasn't sure how good HDTGM would be with that on top of the discussion. Tim is genuine throughout though and contributed some real insight in to the movie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Greggy posted:

It was definitely an interesting episode. I was kind of dreading it ever since they said Tim Heidecker was going to be on because while I love pretty much everything he's ever done I've never seen him break character before and I wasn't sure how good HDTGM would be with that on top of the discussion. Tim is genuine throughout though and contributed some real insight in to the movie.

Yea same, I love him as a comic but I've never really seen him as Tim before, really refreshing to see that when he's not being a character he's really fun and insightful about things.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wish they would put the live shows back up. I missed the second CBB. I also missed Call Chelsea and You Made it Weird and wanted to check those out. But all of them have disappeared now.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah they sure are taking their sweet time to upload those live shows :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Berzerker posted:

I literally forgot he was in the group for a long time

My favorite thing about Nerd Poker are Blaine's fake ads.

Same here on quiet, boring dragon guy.

They should do something at the beginning where they all introduce their character names with a few seconds describing their characters.

I'm kind of surprised how much I'm enjoying Nerd Poker because I never played D&D and I'm not a huge Posehn fan or anything.

It's seems like their group could use a leader. The dwarf woman should take over and keep the other guys in line.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just assumed that the live shows would be dropping as regular monday CBB's

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

They've said several times they're planning on putting them up on Youtube. It's a pain in the neck that they aren't up still, I hope they get that whole thing figured out.
Also, it's crazy that the videopodcastnetwork.com site doesn't have any kind of schedule on it at all, I had to hunt all over to figure out when the broadcast tonight would start.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 24, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Greggy posted:

They've said several times they're planning on putting them up on Youtube. It's a pain in the neck that they aren't up still, I hope they get that whole thing figured out.
Also, it's crazy that the videopodcastnetwork.com site doesn't have any kind of schedule on it at all, I had to hunt all over to figure out when the broadcast tonight would start.

It's literally right at the top of the Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/vpn

The weekly Earwolf show is always on Thursdays at 6pm PST.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Greggy posted:

So at this point it's a virtually private network?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Deadpool posted:

It's literally right at the top of the Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/vpn

The weekly Earwolf show is always on Thursdays at 6pm PST.

Oops :downs:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm kind of surprised how much I'm enjoying Nerd Poker because I never played D&D and I'm not a huge Posehn fan or anything.

I'm in the same boat. I also like the Harmontown D&D segments a lot. Maybe I would like D&D if I played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Hey, what happened to Shortwave?