Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Bob Morales posted:

It's fairly common to get dirt behind the glass. Pop it off and have at it with a lint-free cloth.

I mean that in the nicest way, but I ain't gonna pop off poo poo on that thing as long as I have AppleCare and live five miles from an Apple Store. The iMac has exactly one thing you're allowed to open up without all bets being off and that's the memory compartment.

Besides, as Legdiian posted and I forgot to mention, the two previous times they switched out the display also looked like there was dirt, but it turned out it wasn't that simple.

Legdiian posted:

My AppleCare runs out in March and I am in the exact same boat as you. I have a 2009 27" iMac and have been puting up with large blotchy marks all over the display. From what I've read it is extremely common and is the actual display itself, not dirt on the glass. Unfortunately it seems like everyone goes thru the same process of repair and disappointment. If I get it repaired, and a week after my AppleCare expires the problem resurfaces, am I screwed?

The second display I got had a pronounced "dirty" area, which also turned out to be the display. I'm just thinking that at some point I'd like to either have a reasonable display in that thing or money back / newer model / store credit or something. If Apple simply never had any good 27" displays for their 2009 iMacs, that shouldn't be my problem. I'm still going to be very nice at the store, and I'm not going to mention any computer lemon laws, but I'm certainly going to point out to them that it's now the third time, and that better be the charm. I've spent insane amounts on Apple stuff over the years and will keep doing so, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to put up with an unfixable display.

Mr. Smile Face Hat fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Bob Morales posted:

Is the console full of errors?

No errors in the console. I backed up, separated/reformatted the drives, and gave them a thorough testing. Everything checks out within spec. :shrug:

Recreated the fusion drive and now I'm restoring the backup image... Curious to see what happens next. Hopefully it just works fine and I can forget about it.

Mook
Sep 24, 2002
Does anyone know where I can buy a battery online for a mid 2009 macbook pro? Taking it to the Apple store isn't an option because I live in a 3rd world jungle.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Mook posted:

Does anyone know where I can buy a battery online for a mid 2009 macbook pro? Taking it to the Apple store isn't an option because I live in a 3rd world jungle.

Cross your fingers and get one on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2009+macbook+pro+battery

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Yeah, we just had this discussion about mid-2009 MBP batteries only two pages ago, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version:

Technically all MBPs made since the mid-2009 models have batteries that are technically not user-replaceable.

You'll need a special screwdriver (tri-wing or pentalobe) depending on the model.

Third party batteries are generally considered to be untrustworthy, as many 3rd party manufacturers are noname fly-by-night brands. At least Apple gives you a short warranty on their replacements. It's very common to get a battery, use it and have it expire way before a year, and reach out to the vendor only to find they've vanished off the face of the earth.

There have been glimmers of hope from some people saying their 3rd party batteries work okay after maybe a month but for some reason there haven't been many people who give extended trip reports. In short, YMMV.

Edit: LOL, the first battery at the previous link has one review that says the battery already had 19 charges and all they did was replace Apple's cover on the battery.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 20, 2013

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Legdiian posted:

My AppleCare runs out in March and I am in the exact same boat as you. I have a 2009 27" iMac and have been puting up with large blotchy marks all over the display. From what I've read it is extremely common and is the actual display itself, not dirt on the glass. Unfortunately it seems like everyone goes thru the same process of repair and disappointment. If I get it repaired, and a week after my AppleCare expires the problem resurfaces, am I screwed?

You have a 90 day warranty on any repairs or till the end of your applecare, whichever is longest.

So if you have 5 days left on applecare and you get a repair done, that repair has a 90 day warranty. If you have 91 days left on applecare and have a repair then you have warranty till the end of applecare.

Mook
Sep 24, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Yeah, we just had this discussion about mid-2009 MBP batteries only two pages ago, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version:

Technically all MBPs made since the mid-2009 models have batteries that are technically not user-replaceable.

You'll need a special screwdriver (tri-wing or pentalobe) depending on the model.

Third party batteries are generally considered to be untrustworthy, as many 3rd party manufacturers are noname fly-by-night brands. At least Apple gives you a short warranty on their replacements. It's very common to get a battery, use it and have it expire way before a year, and reach out to the vendor only to find they've vanished off the face of the earth.

There have been glimmers of hope from some people saying their 3rd party batteries work okay after maybe a month but for some reason there haven't been many people who give extended trip reports. In short, YMMV.

Edit: LOL, the first battery at the previous link has one review that says the battery already had 19 charges and all they did was replace Apple's cover on the battery.

I wish I could just order a battery directly from apple, but a third party one will have to do. I don't actually care that much about the battery life, as I use a charger all the time anyway. My battery is completely shot, 0% charge and my laptops shuts off if the power is disconnected for even a second.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Bob Morales posted:

It's fairly common to get dirt behind the glass. Pop it off and have at it with a lint-free cloth.

It's also common for the dirt to be inside the panel, a much more complicated problem than just wiping dirt away with a cloth.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
It's also common for it to be environmental and caused by something in the household.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

1997 posted:

It's also common for it to be environmental and caused by something in the household.

Sure, all these people who are having these problems with that particular display probably emptied the contents of their vacuum cleaners into it because they've got nothing better to do. Or they're all heavy cigar smokers who pry the glass cover open with their fingernails and blow the smoke behind it.

I don't smoke, I don't have anything emitting anything near the thing, and none of the other fifteen or so displays in this household have any weird poo poo wrong with them.

And if you've ever seen that type of 27" iMac close up, you'd realize that the glass cover sits pretty much airtight and for any piece of dust to even get to the display area, it would first have to make its way though the bezel, which is about an inch wide or so and has the cover touching it in a nearly airtight way.

Again, I have a 27" Thunderbolt Display which I got when those came out (I think September of 2011 or so), and that one is absolutely flawless, which it shouldn't be if I had some kind of terrible environment around here.

Additionally, the issues I've had with this thing have all been visible from the outset, I just rationalized each time that I would be okay to live with them or waited until I found the time to deal with them.

To me, this is a design or quality assurance flaw of that particular 27" screen. Judging by the many reports of similar issues to mine that I found online, whoever supplied these to Apple must have been unable to make them without dust caught deep inside them. No wonder the latest iMacs have the display fused to the glass.

And I'm not trying to rant against Apple or something. They've been nothing but helpful with any issue I've had and I'll keep buying their new stuff eagerly.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Best Buy has 10% off all open-box products this week: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17301&type=page

A local store had the 13" Retina for $1,400, take $140 off that and I ended up getting one for ~ $1260 plus tax.

Right now I'm just bouncing between 1440x900 and 1680x1050. PDF's are glorious on the screen. My external monitor now looks like an loving Atari the pixels are so big.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

1997 posted:

I do not smoke and I have two air purifiers running in my bedroom 24/7. I'm not buying the environmental thing. It's not like air is flowing between the glass and the display anyway.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

flavor posted:

And if you've ever seen that type of 27" iMac close up, you'd realize that the glass cover sits pretty much airtight and for any piece of dust to even get to the display area, it would first have to make its way though the bezel, which is about an inch wide or so and has the cover touching it in a nearly airtight way.

I've done repairs on quite literally hundreds of iMacs (2009 and newer) at this point, not once have I seen a display out of the box exhibit these issues. I definitely have seen it on plenty of iMacs though, just never on a brand new display. I know how they're made, I know how they're repaired- I don't need a lecture about that.

If you're seeing this immediately after a repair, you need to be more vocal with the Geniuses at your local store. I'm not saying its impossible to experience what you are seeing, but I don't know your situation so quit being so harsh. Also how many displays have you had? Posting history seems to show you've had two repairs which normally means you can't have a replacement machine yet. Can you post a picture of what you're seeing?

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

1997 posted:

I've done repairs on quite literally hundreds of iMacs (2009 and newer) at this point, not once have I seen a display out of the box exhibit these issues. I definitely have seen it on plenty of iMacs though, just never on a brand new display. I know how they're made, I know how they're repaired- I don't need a lecture about that.

If you're seeing this immediately after a repair, you need to be more vocal with the Geniuses at your local store. I'm not saying its impossible to experience what you are seeing, but I don't know your situation so quit being so harsh. Also how many displays have you had? Posting history seems to show you've had two repairs which normally means you can't have a replacement machine yet. Can you post a picture of what you're seeing?

This particular thread on Apple's site has 63 pages :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2300580?start=0&tstart=0

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Legdiian posted:

This particular thread on Apple's site has 63 pages :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2300580?start=0&tstart=0

Can you read? I've seen this before. But not on any new displays though, they've always shown up after a period of use with the machine. He just needs to take the machine in and talk to them again.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

1997 posted:

Can you read? I've seen this before. But not on any new displays though, they've always shown up after a period of use with the machine. He just needs to take the machine in and talk to them again.

There is almost one thousand posts in that thread discussing the problem in depth with pictures. Why are you beating this into the ground? It's an extremely common problem that is due to a manufacturing issue. Why waste this persons time asking for pictures. But thanks for your super helpful snarky post asking if I can read.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

Legdiian posted:

There is almost one thousand posts in that thread discussing the problem in depth with pictures. Why are you beating this into the ground? It's an extremely common problem that is due to a manufacturing issue. Why waste this persons time asking for pictures. But thanks for your super helpful snarky post asking if I can read.

Your reply wasn't particularly helpful either. The reason why I am asking is because I have not encountered a single out of box display that looks like that and it's very interesting that he's had multiple displays with issues that aren't identified before he gets it back. I know it happens, but I've always seen it take time to happen. Calm down.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Edit: double post.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

1997 posted:

Your reply wasn't particularly helpful either. The reason why I am asking is because I have not encountered a single out of box display that looks like that and it's very interesting that he's had multiple displays with issues that aren't identified before he gets it back. I know it happens, but I've always seen it take time to happen. Calm down.

The iMac is a refurb, so who knows if the display was new when I got it.

The first display had what I thought was some dirt in the glass cover (because it affected an area several pixels wide and tall, but they got covered differently dependent on viewing angle). Its position was in the area where the dock appears on the screen, about a third from the left. The genius said it was a problem with the display and they exchanged it. This was there from the beginning.

The second display had an area on the upper right that looked like dust. This was there from the beginning. This seems to be a common issue according to the Apple support forums.

The little drop in the third display was visible from the beginning. I've also checked with an LED flashlight, and it looks to me like it's in the glass cover. Whether the smudges on the upper right or the splotch were there when I got that one back is something I can't say.

What I can say is that among many other things, I have a Thunderbolt Display in this apartment, which I got when those came out and which has been absolutely flawless and hasn't stained in any way.

1997 posted:

I'll get right to quitting being so harsh when you get off "I've seen trillions of these things, this isn't possible" in light of people giving you links to Apple support form threads where lots of people are experiencing the same thing. I'm also not trying to be harsh, but it's hard to resist when you're being patronized about environmental issues.

The problem with these display issues is that it's not something that's instantly visible when you're put on the spot and you have some busy things on the screen. Again, the typical desktop wallpapers are perfect at concealing most flaws. The reason I wasn't vocal at the Genius Bar was that I simply didn't notice the issues with the second display at the time. I've noticed the "drop" in the third one, but they told me how they can't perfectly clean the glass and that I should try to take it off with suction cups and clean it myself, which I decided against doing.

Suffice it to say that I took it to the Genius Bar today and two geniuses instantly noticed the flaws when I pointed them out to them on the white boot screen.

It may be that these issues get worse over time, but certainly not due to some environmental influences. I have an old LCD monitor that I bought in January of 2003 that doesn't exhibit any issues. I'm not running a stove, construction site or quarry next to my computers. I also don't pour honey or water in their displays when they get hot.

I'm unable to take pictures because I left it at the Apple Store. However, on the first page of the thread that Legdiian linked to, somebody has posted a link to a picture of smudges that are similar to mine: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e554810ea1986a90&id=E554810EA1986A90%21155

Anyway, if a display stains within a few months, it's still a design flaw. According to the thread that was linked to, there may be an issue where the screen isn't properly shielded from the CPU heat or something like that. When I get it back this time, I'll just call it a day, keep it until AppleCare runs out and then sell it or something. The latest iMacs are supposedly better and besides, my next "iMac" is probably going to be another MBP with an updated Thunderbolt Display or something :).

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
The iMac "contamination" (as it gets referred to) is a known issue. Some machines have an extended quality program for them. It's just intriguing to me that you didn't see these issues as soon as you powered it on. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was literally impossible, I guess I'm just amazed that apparently nobody even checked the machine before they gave it back to you. I'm glad you're getting it taken care of at least.

If something else happens after this you're very likely to be eligible for a replacement unit.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Well, from what people posted in that thread, it seems that the "smudges" may sometimes take weeks to appear. That may be the reason why even if they checked it, it may have passed muster. The effect is also not super extreme or anything, at least in the case of the third display it was more of an annoyance since I don't tend to do a lot of color-sensitive work in the upper right corner.

I'm kinda resigned to the replacement showing the same smudges after two weeks again. I actually asked the geniuses whether they could just fix the cover glass, but they insisted on exchanging the display.

Since this seems to be a design flaw of that particular iMac, a replacement unit would only make sense if it's from a different series or a Mac mini or something.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
any opinions on this? it seems to be a 2012 is that right?
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/apple-imac-mc813-refurbished-27-all-in-one-10801141-pdt.html

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
The 2500S is a Sandy Bridge part I think, which would make that a 2011, this one going by the "MC813":
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-2.7-27-inch-aluminum-mid-2011-thunderbolt-specs.html

(I guess USB ports would be been the easier giveaway, 2012s have USB 3.0)

japtor fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 21, 2013

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

japtor posted:

The 2500S is a Sandy Bridge part I think, which would make that a 2011, this one going by the "MC813":
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-2.7-27-inch-aluminum-mid-2011-thunderbolt-specs.html

(I guess USB ports would be been the easier giveaway, 2012s have USB 3.0)

thanks for that... Is it worth that?

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

flavor posted:

The iMac is a refurb, so who knows if the display was new when I got it.

The first display had what I thought was some dirt in the glass cover (because it affected an area several pixels wide and tall, but they got covered differently dependent on viewing angle). Its position was in the area where the dock appears on the screen, about a third from the left. The genius said it was a problem with the display and they exchanged it. This was there from the beginning.

The second display had an area on the upper right that looked like dust. This was there from the beginning. This seems to be a common issue according to the Apple support forums.

The little drop in the third display was visible from the beginning. I've also checked with an LED flashlight, and it looks to me like it's in the glass cover. Whether the smudges on the upper right or the splotch were there when I got that one back is something I can't say.

What I can say is that among many other things, I have a Thunderbolt Display in this apartment, which I got when those came out and which has been absolutely flawless and hasn't stained in any way.

I'll get right to quitting being so harsh when you get off "I've seen trillions of these things, this isn't possible" in light of people giving you links to Apple support form threads where lots of people are experiencing the same thing. I'm also not trying to be harsh, but it's hard to resist when you're being patronized about environmental issues.

The problem with these display issues is that it's not something that's instantly visible when you're put on the spot and you have some busy things on the screen. Again, the typical desktop wallpapers are perfect at concealing most flaws. The reason I wasn't vocal at the Genius Bar was that I simply didn't notice the issues with the second display at the time. I've noticed the "drop" in the third one, but they told me how they can't perfectly clean the glass and that I should try to take it off with suction cups and clean it myself, which I decided against doing.

Suffice it to say that I took it to the Genius Bar today and two geniuses instantly noticed the flaws when I pointed them out to them on the white boot screen.

It may be that these issues get worse over time, but certainly not due to some environmental influences. I have an old LCD monitor that I bought in January of 2003 that doesn't exhibit any issues. I'm not running a stove, construction site or quarry next to my computers. I also don't pour honey or water in their displays when they get hot.

I'm unable to take pictures because I left it at the Apple Store. However, on the first page of the thread that Legdiian linked to, somebody has posted a link to a picture of smudges that are similar to mine: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e554810ea1986a90&id=E554810EA1986A90%21155

Anyway, if a display stains within a few months, it's still a design flaw. According to the thread that was linked to, there may be an issue where the screen isn't properly shielded from the CPU heat or something like that. When I get it back this time, I'll just call it a day, keep it until AppleCare runs out and then sell it or something. The latest iMacs are supposedly better and besides, my next "iMac" is probably going to be another MBP with an updated Thunderbolt Display or something :).

I had this problem with my 2009 27" iMac. It had what looked like smudges in the top right corner. I took it in, and they apparently changed the entire display. When I got it back, it was flawless and it has remained so for almost a year now.

So, the genius told me that fine particulate matter can get sucked in through the fan and end up trapped on the inner layer of the LCD panel (where you can't get to it). I asked if anything could be done about it and he didn't think so. I had considered getting some kind of filter to put over the intake vent, but I eventually just did nothing and the problem hasn't come back.

One thing I have avoided doing though is burning candles in the same room as the iMac. I have a pet theory that that was what caused my iMac to get the smudges.

Xeom
Mar 16, 2007
Does anybody know if apple will ever release the Mac minis with a built in video card? Like the ones in the iMacs(mx675 or 680)? It seems like they could fit it in there but have chosen not to. I would love to try and buy a Mac this summer, but the iMac is just to expensive for a college student like me.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Xeom posted:

Does anybody know if apple will ever release the Mac minis with a built in video card? Like the ones in the iMacs(mx675 or 680)? It seems like they could fit it in there but have chosen not to. I would love to try and buy a Mac this summer, but the iMac is just to expensive for a college student like me.

Probably going to keep them on Intel integrated graphics since the performance is 'good enough', just like the Air and 13" Pro models. Haswell should be out by summer so you've got that going for you.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Xeom posted:

You can always check http://refurb.me and see if they get in any refurbished 2011 Mini's that have the video card. They have about 13 left in the US right now.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Xeom posted:

Apple has specifically been pushing Intel on their graphics performance, going so far as to get some custom changes made to the current generation of chips to boost performance.

Maybe get one of those Thunderbolt PCI-E breakout boxes and throw a card in that?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Xeom posted:

Any reason why you'd rather get a mini (or other desktop) over something portable like an Air or Pro (aside from cost, I guess)? Apple's desktops are great but unless you want a mac exclusively for OSX, I think their notebooks are a much more compelling reason to buy into that platform.

Also, even if Apple wanted to pop an MX680 in a mac mini (they don't), I think the chassis would be way too small and cramped to dissipate the heat adequately.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Any reason why you'd rather get a mini (or other desktop) over something portable like an Air or Pro (aside from cost, I guess)? Apple's desktops are great but unless you want a mac exclusively for OSX, I think their notebooks are a much more compelling reason to buy into that platform.

Also, even if Apple wanted to pop an MX680 in a mac mini (they don't), I think the chassis would be way too small and cramped to dissipate the heat adequately.

Yeah there's a good reason why only the iMacs have a discrete video card while the latest minis only have intel integrated video.

For a student the laptop line makes more sense too.

etalian fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 21, 2013

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

flavor posted:

I mean that in the nicest way, but I ain't gonna pop off poo poo on that thing as long as I have AppleCare and live five miles from an Apple Store.
When I got my iMac there was one blurry spot, just between two functioning pixels. I was crushed, but it didn't seem like something to really whine about. "How am I supposed to design around this area and ignore it." A year later I lifted off the plexiglass and I realized it was a loving piece of lint that I could have fixed in 15 seconds with a duster. Your warranty will run out.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Remember that the Mini was always intended as a budget machine.

That the mid-2011 Mac Mini even had the ATI Radeon 6630M as an option (remember, it was only available in the highest configuration), indicates that Apple must have gotten them for a discount.

When the Intel HD 4000 shipped, Apple probably looked at its performance and said eh, good enough.

Also remember that Mac Minis were stuck with the cursed Intel GMA 950 for three years until the 2009 Mini shipped with a nVidia 9400M.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

Remember that the Mini was always intended as a budget machine.

That the mid-2011 Mac Mini even had the ATI Radeon 6630M as an option (remember, it was only available in the highest configuration), indicates that Apple must have gotten them for a discount.

When the Intel HD 4000 shipped, Apple probably looked at its performance and said eh, good enough.

Also remember that Mac Minis were stuck with the cursed Intel GMA 950 for three years until the 2009 Mini shipped with a nVidia 9400M.

Yeah it's a similar thought process to how the MBA originally shipped with a special hacked up discrete video card but further down the road Apple realizes that Intel graphics just make sense in terms of power/performance efficiency.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Any way to get a brand new OEM Apple battery for a MacBook Pro? I'd rather not buy a crappy third party one, but I don't want to pay Apple to install a new one either.

Edit: for an early 2011 (internal, non user-replacable).

NOTinuyasha fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 21, 2013

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NOTinuyasha posted:

Any way to get a brand new OEM Apple battery for a MacBook Pro? I'd rather not buy a crappy third party one, but I don't want to pay Apple to install a new one either.

Not really unless you enjoy the standard online buyer beware game of sifting through piles of questionable sources.

The more legit companies like OWC charge around $100 for their batteries so in my mind it just makes sense to haul in to Apple for the replacement.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The HD4000 in the mini isn't all that terrible either. I am able to play GW2 at medium settings at 1080p with 30+ fps even in wvw.

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
So I'm finally going to replace my black macbook (can't believe it still works perfectly) and I'm just wondering when the next mac keynote is going to be. Would it be safe to assume they will offer a slight upgrade on the macbooks? Obviously not a major upgrade, but worth waiting an additional 2-3 months instead of buying one sometime in February.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mister ginger posted:

So I'm finally going to replace my black macbook (can't believe it still works perfectly) and I'm just wondering when the next mac keynote is going to be. Would it be safe to assume they will offer a slight upgrade on the macbooks? Obviously not a major upgrade, but worth waiting an additional 2-3 months instead of buying one sometime in February.

The last keynote for the latest updates where in October. Buy now, it's been less than 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/