Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Growths are for losers, it's all about the cap modifiers.

e: VVVV we don't know her localized name yet. I really hope they keep the theme of her name being an unpronounceable mess.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Endorph posted:

No, the most important thing of all is the fact they can inherit good growths from Donny, which leads to things like Nn with a 98 Str growth.

Oh man, I forgot all about that character. Is "Nn" the official localisation or is their name still "n_n" or whatever the gently caress?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So excited, so goddamn excited.
Will the internet think less of me if I turn on Casual mode, though? :saddowns:
Either way, I always reset whenever one of my units dies, so I might as well just be realistic and turn the thing on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh man, I forgot all about that character. Is "Nn" the official localisation or is their name still "n_n" or whatever the gently caress?
I don't think we've seen the official localization for it yet. Though since she has some lines about how weird her name is I'd guess at Nn, or something equally bizarre.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Is it just me or did the game disappear from Gamestop's (US here) website. I do a search and it says "not available". I was going to toss a link to my friend so he can order a copy. Is it sold out or did the worst thing happen? (GAME DELAY!)

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Calaveron posted:

Either way, I always reset whenever one of my units dies, so I might as well just be realistic and turn the thing on.

I too reset whenever one of my units die (mostly deaths due to enemy AI being completely suicidal in Fire Emblem games). :hfive: Casual mode all the way.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Calaveron posted:

As a self-appointed representative of the internet's opinion, I hereby grant full and unconditional amnesty to anybody playing in Casual Mode. Let each play according to their own preference without fear of censure or punitive action. Signed, et cetera, this 21st day of January, MMXII, Something Awful Forums User Bongo Bill, God save the King.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone know if I can make MU into Canas again in this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

I don't think we've seen the official localization for it yet. Though since she has some lines about how weird her name is I'd guess at Nn, or something equally bizarre.

Her name is "Nah"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lord Ephraim posted:

Is it just me or did the game disappear from Gamestop's (US here) website. I do a search and it says "not available". I was going to toss a link to my friend so he can order a copy. Is it sold out or did the worst thing happen? (GAME DELAY!)

Well the bundle is still available. And I found the game itself here, but you're right, it says unavailable. No idea what's going on. :confused:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Bongo Bill posted:

As a self-appointed representative of the internet's opinion, I hereby grant full and unconditional amnesty to anybody playing in Casual Mode. Let each play according to their own preference without fear of censure or punitive action. Signed, et cetera, this 21st day of January, MMXII, Something Awful Forums User Bongo Bill, God save the King.

I am in complete disagreement, to go against Classic Mode is to go against Fire Emblem itself. We must purge those who dare soil the sanctity of this series with their "casual" play.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ImpAtom posted:

Her name is "Nah"

Have I mentioned how much I hate you for having the game already? :argh: These two weeks are killing me.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Lotish posted:

Well the bundle is still available. And I found the game itself here, but you're right, it says unavailable. No idea what's going on. :confused:

Amazon says there is a possible shipping delay, so maybe Gamestop has taken all the orders they can guarantee for the 4th?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sounds like the US is going to post some pretty good sales numbers for this game, then. :kimchi:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Two questions:

A) Is Sallya as annoying as she sounds? I read her description on the Fire Emblem wiki and it had "obnoxious tsundere crazy lady" written all over it.

B) Isn't there some class skill that increases the activation chance of other skills? I seem to recall that.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Captain Oblivious posted:

B) Isn't there some class skill that increases the activation chance of other skills? I seem to recall that.

Royal Weapon, Lords only and possibly their children.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Two questions:

A) Is Sallya as annoying as she sounds? I read her description on the Fire Emblem wiki and it had "obnoxious tsundere crazy lady" written all over it.

She's not really "tsundere crazy lady" so much as she is "evil gloomy witch."

You're thinking of the promoted Lord's second skill.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyone know if I can make MU into Canas again in this?

Fairly easily, though it's worth remembering that magic works a bit differently in this game as opposed to the GBA games. The "magic wheel" is more or less gone; element is now more about weight and damage. There is basically no actual "holy" damage magic, and "dark" magic is largely about special effects like drains and poo poo.

You can definitely class change over to Dark Mage if you want to, though.

She's not really tsundere so much as she's just distant and kind of "emo" to everyone... EXCEPT the protagonist. Of either gender. :v: So she's super nice to you and cooler to everyone else. While having the most goddamn ridiculous outfit in the game (though admittedly, NPC Dark Mages wear the same stupid outfit).

I'm also given to understanding that the ultimate reason she's so attached to the PC ends up being fairly sweet.

I have no idea why they made her name "Tharja", though; people are gonna mispronounce that so hard. :psyduck: What was wrong with Sallya or even Sariya?!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

She's not really "tsundere crazy lady" so much as she is "evil gloomy witch."

You're thinking of the promoted Lord's second skill.

Dang. I was hoping for something I could put on My Unit. Currently trying to think of a decent skill set up for My Unit with a minimum of reclassing jackassery :argh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Fairly easily, though it's worth remembering that magic works a bit differently in this game as opposed to the GBA games. The "magic wheel" is more or less gone; element is now more about weight and damage. There is basically no actual "holy" damage magic, and "dark" magic is largely about special effects like drains and poo poo.

That's fine, I was mostly concerned about appearance.

The adventures of Canas the time-traveling Mage will continue. :science:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SpaceDrake posted:

I believe Regy Rusty was referring to appearance rather than function. In FE12 you could come pretty close to Canas's portrait with MU customization.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If all else fails, female Avatar in this game has an eyepatch option. You can be Canas's pirate sister.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh so what you two are now saying is that there in fact is no monocle and/or purple hair in this game.

Well now I'm sad.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

If all else fails, female Avatar in this game has an eyepatch option. You can be Canas's pirate sister.

Are the portraits listed on the Fire Emblem wiki all there are?

And can I change their hair color?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Are the portraits listed on the Fire Emblem wiki all there are?

And can I change their hair color?
Not sure, and yes. You can mix and match options, you don't just have five portraits per character. That said the options are pretty limited and I don't think there's a monocle.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

Not sure, and yes. You can mix and match options, you don't just have five portraits per character. That said the options are pretty limited and I don't think there's a monocle.

Good enough.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh so what you two are now saying is that there in fact is no monocle and/or purple hair in this game.

Well now I'm sad.

Oh there's absolutely purple hair. I think there might also be an eyeglasses option? Not sure. You can deffo create a glasses-less Canas though, there's a billion hair color options.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Francis posted:

It's one of those non-spoilers that raises more questions than it answers. It's more of a pull to find out who this character is and why they're impersonating Marth than it would be if their identity and motivations were laid flat on the table, or if their ability to impersonate Marth was actually plausible enough not to question.

Jesus christ, dude, use spoiler tags for that poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alright, cool. I'm sure I'll be able to whip up something acceptable.

Maybe he's older and started losing sight in his other eye if I can make him bespectacled.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Alright, cool. I'm sure I'll be able to whip up something acceptable.

Maybe he's older and started losing sight in his other eye if I can make him bespectacled.
He lost his monocle in the time hole.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

There are definitely no monocles anymore. And no headwear aside from a headband and a circlet attached to a specific hairstyle/face respectively. So no longer is it possible to end up with, say, Berserker MUs who are classy monocled gentlemen and also the pope.

Someone on Serenes went through and screenshotted all of the possible faces and hairstyles, for anyone who wants to see all the options. There are a couple details like scars on a few of them that don't show up too well in the images, though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Silly question but dudes can also have eyepatches, right?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Silly question but dudes can also have eyepatches, right?

Negative.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think it's a face feature, so only that specific Female Small portrait can have an eyepatch. C'est la vie. I like most of the big female ones, actually.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is it possible to make Chrom marry his sister, and how does the game handle it?

P.S. not a creeper

Pomp fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 22, 2013

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pomp posted:

No.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pomp posted:

P.S. not a creeper

No. Like not even a little bit.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

It isn't. Sibling pairings in general aren't possible, their supports will just cap out at A.

Having cousins (or potentially an aunt/nephew or uncle/niece in a couple special cases) hook up is possible, though.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Shiny777 posted:

Having cousins (or potentially an aunt/nephew or uncle/niece in a couple special cases) hook up is possible, though.
Good god, there needs to be a combination of :ughh: and :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shiny777 posted:

Someone on Serenes went through and screenshotted all of the possible faces and hairstyles, for anyone who wants to see all the options. There are a couple details like scars on a few of them that don't show up too well in the images, though.

Wait is this saying that hairstyles and faces are limited to body styles?

• Locked thread