Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!
Gundam and Souda

Also I feel like either Sonia is going to die or she is going to be the first killer and Souda will try and protect her in the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

Fedule posted:

It must be Gundam and Togami for entertainment and potentially some more info.

This so much.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
With all those "foreshadowings", it will be hilarious when Hiyoka somehow dies before Souda.

Also note this sentence:

Fatogami posted:

Monomi, Monobear, the Monobeasts... To construct sophisticated machines like these takes considerable expertise...
He lumps Monomi together with Monobear even though Monomi is obviously against Monobear. Does he know something more than he lets on?

As for free time event, let's go with Togami and Gundam.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Considering the speed that this thread is going at, I figured I'd update the list.

Gundam Tanaka: 109
Byakuya Togami: 102

Sonia Nevermind: 70
Nagito Komaeda: 41
Nekomaru Nidai: 34
Kazuichi Souda: 29
Chiaki Nanami: 26
Peko Pekoyama: 15
Ibuki Mioda: 13
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu: 14
Hiyoko Saionji: 10
Teruteru Hanamura: 9
Akane Owari: 8
Mahiru Koizumi: 4
Mikan Tsumiki: 3

I think, at this point, it's easy to say that Gundam and Byakuya will win it. There's way more votes than the last thread, but I don't think we've picked up enough people to change this much beyond that, surely. It'll be interesting to see what the final result is, at any rate.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Jeek posted:

He lumps Monomi together with Monobear even though Monomi is obviously against Monobear. Does he know something more than he lets on?
It really isn't a stretch to assume that they're doing a good cop/bad cop split. They're both very similar in design, probably at a similar technological level, and the mechanics behind their placement onto the resort (which were supposedly instigated by Monomi) are just as mysterious as anything that Monobear has done. I would be suspicious of anyone that said that Monomi is obviously against Monobear, there's no reason to really trust either.

That said, you can still work with someone without trusting them.

Not The Author
Oct 13, 2012
I'm thinking Teruteru Hanamura. I don't like him, which oddly enough is why I want to spend time with him. Last game, there were people I didn't particularly care for who, when I saw their hopes and dreams spill forth in their Social Links, stopped looking so much like annoying caricatures and became much more sympathetic. I want to see if Hanamura's more than the creepy womanizer I see now, if there's more than the face he puts on when he goes outside.

But since I doubt Teru's first interactions will be much beyond So How 'Bout Dem Ladies, I'll go with Peko Pekoyama second for some more serious discussion. She's not been particularly talkative, either, and I grow curious. Why'd she become a swordswoman? What does she think about all the crazy goin' on?

Since this is my first post in the thread, thanks very much to Oren for taking such a big project upon himself and bringing to us this crazy world of bears and murder. (And thanks to Fredule for helping, too.)

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Togami and Sonia are my votes. I'm curious to see how much Togami's changed from DR1, and perhaps he'll drop some hints that help us connect the first game to the second. As for Sonia, I just think she's interesting.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I was tossing up between Sonia and Chiaki since Sonia actually did things last update in spite of Chiaki being a character I like, but seeing how she'll need about eighty more votes, I guess I'm going for Byakuya Togami and Sonia Nevermind.

Fricassee
Nov 29, 2004
Throwing my votes in for my two favorites at the moment Sonia and Nidai

Cube2000
May 27, 2010
Voting for Togami and Nagito.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Just going to go and another two (probably redundant) votes on the Togami and Gundam pile.

Karasubrin
Dec 27, 2012
Togami and Nagito please!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd like to throw in a vote for Sonia as well, as that little speech of hers about governments and business just reeks of someone who's given into despair. Just think about it- she's a princess who, from what we've seen so far, would plausibly care about her people. However, the sight and/or knowledge of all those organizations not only holding more power than her over said people, combined with their continued exploitation, could indeed drive such a nice person to, well, despair- and if she's involved in this, I think we ought to have a good handle on her.

I'd also like to vote for Togami, but only because I hope we get to catch up on what our favourite heir has been up to since DR1. And also because I have some vague suspicions about his willingness to seize power and dismissal of the ticking sphere.
Paranoid? I'm not paranoid! 'Paranoia' is a word used by one's enemies to describe reasonable caution!

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
Gundam and Sonia. I can hope. something something despair joke

RainbowCake fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 22, 2013

Apple Cider
Jan 30, 2009

That was messed up and feminist.
Tossing another vote in for Gundam and Sonia!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Let's go with Sonia and a solidarity vote for Souda. That dude is interesting, and I'm kind of hoping he's not the first victim, because I think he's got the potential to be a really strong character.

IceMateria
Oct 12, 2012

Posting with love! <3
My vote goes to Gundam and Sonia. After that hamster quip, how could I resist?

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
So many good characters, but I'll have to go for Kuzuryuu and Pekoyama, because they've been more reserved and in the background.

I'm actually a little bummed that Togami is doing such a good job of keeping everyone together. I miss the initial confusion, although I'm sure this will just make the eventual fall all the more effective.

I also can't keep from remembering that this is still prisoner's dilemma. As Celes taught us, the best way to get the most points is to convincingly present alliance as your goal, while waiting for the right moment to betray. Until we know for sure what his intentions are, Togami is either the greatest leader or the biggest jerk.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Casting a double vote for Sonia if I can. Anti-capitalist princess is best princess.

Togami gets my second vote if I have to pick two.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'll just cast one vote for my favorite, Gundam. I like everyone else equally, so I'm happy with whoever the second is!

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

:d: :d: :d:
Man, imagine orenronen right about now, waking up to an explosion in thread posts and having a small heart attack.

Also, the view count passed one million a little while ago. Congrats, thread! Maybe you will beat the previous thread, in terms of how many times people look at you.

friendlyNeurotoxin
Sep 14, 2011

Super High-school Level Slacker
Gundam and Togami.

Background information about our chubby wealth friend and hamsters :3: I don't think I can resist.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Twiddy posted:

It really isn't a stretch to assume that they're doing a good cop/bad cop split. They're both very similar in design, probably at a similar technological level, and the mechanics behind their placement onto the resort (which were supposedly instigated by Monomi) are just as mysterious as anything that Monobear has done. I would be suspicious of anyone that said that Monomi is obviously against Monobear, there's no reason to really trust either.

That said, you can still work with someone without trusting them.

That is a reasonable theory from the reader's viewpoint, but one would not expect a character to make such an assumption this early on, which triggers my :tinfoil: alarm.

One question to Orenronen: Is it possible to have free time event with Monomi?

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
Well Gundam is an obvious pick, and for the second, I'll go with Ibuki just based on how crazy her character seems so far.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Jeek posted:

That is a reasonable theory from the reader's viewpoint, but one would not expect a character to make such an assumption this early on, which triggers my :tinfoil: alarm.

I think it's pretty reasonable. Monomi and Monobear look like they're basically the same kind of advanced technology, and Monomi was already suspicious before Monobear showed up, what with the mysterious memory loss and abduction.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Fatgami and Nirvana, please.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
I'd like to vote against Tsumiki twice. Once the possibility that it was an act was raised I really started to dislike her.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Akane and Mikan, because I'd like to see their characters get more developed.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Togami and Souda, here. Although speaking of, Souda sure started crushing on Sonia pretty fast, didn't he? Came a little out of left field, but at least he hasn't poo poo his pants over the bomb yet.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Average Bear posted:

Fatgami and Nirvana, please.

Don't give self-imposed nicknames that aren't immediately obvious, as it just makes it difficult to count votes if it's unsure who's voting for who. Reminds me of people calling Hagakure Ms. Cleo in the first thread.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Jeek posted:

That's the thing, I feel the exact opposite. The idea that Monomi isn't working with Monobear feels like an out of game opinion, based on trusting that there's a conflict in a story. When you're placed in a threatening position with unknown circumstances, why would you be trusting one of the people who put you in those circumstances? In the shoes of the characters, there's no reason to trust Monomi. At the very least, I could not find it suspicious that Togami doubted her.

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?
Gundam and Sonia. Best characters in a game full of best characters.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Togami and a throw away vote to Ibuki, who I love but is not winning this thing. I really like Gundam and Sonia though so all isn't lost.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I vote Gundam Tanaka and Byakuya Togami

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Going with Gundam and Sonia.

Arleneth
Apr 28, 2010
Voting for Sonia and Pekoyama.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nidai and Ibuki, though since the vote has been pretty much a runaway, I doubt mine is going to matter all that much anyway...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta go for Gundam and Sonia

I actually got spoiled on their bit searching on Pixiv for someone with her name - counted myself lucky shipping pics were all I saw.

komaeda
Jan 5, 2013
Nagito Komaeda and Chiaki Nanami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I'm going to go with Togami because it's absolutely charming the way you can tell he cares about his classmates, despite that upper-crust dignity and SHSL Heir aloofness demands he can't actually say so. It's even more charming if this is character development from the previous game instead of this being, like, Togami the second.

And Gundam because him hiding behind his scarf and going "T Thank you," was seriously :3:.

• Locked thread