Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Not Grover posted:

Are you in the goon chat channel? I can power you through some aa's really quick to get at least that much sorted out. I'm Landrice in game.

/autojoin serverwide.gchat:fygm

I'll join, but I'm probably gonna spend a week or so playing here and there just trying to remember what all the buttons do. :)

Now that I'm on Test, I'm also tempted to create another account and level up a Shaman or Magician, mostly because I always wanted to play one. Realistically, with the accounts that I have (65 Cleric/65 SK/70 Monk and 71 Bard/66 Necro/60 Rogue/51 Druid), how quickly would I be able to powerlevel myself on the test server from 25-65ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Flarestar posted:

So is pretty much everyone playing on Test now, or do we still have a bunch active on Luclin?

I made the switch, and some others from Luclin have as well. I don't know who's still there, to be honest. I still haven't gotten a feel for the population of Test, and there's never anyone in the lfg tool, but it was kind of that way on Luclin too. Hopefully as people realize Test is free and awesome, more people will switch and until SoE figures out what's happening, there will be a golden age of a populous server.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think the vast majority are gone to test now, at least judging by serverwide.gchat lately.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dubious posted:

I haven't made my warrior yet, but my main on Test is Jhelora.

About to parcel you some stuff from Solotiv.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone has anything they think a 65 SK could use on Test (or copied over to Test) (he's primarily using Elaborate Defiant at this point), I would love to take it. Falpuse is the name.

I don't have much to offer since the majority of my gear is 2003-2004ish, but I know I have a lot of old clickies like the Kunark Rogue, Cleric and Druid gear, I have a Bioluminescent Orb, Barbarian/Iksar/Erudite Masks, Werewolf/Earth Elemental illusion lutes...uhh...few other things.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also, does anyone have a decent autohotkey script for just repeatedly casting a spell? Or does EQ not allow it?

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Sent Falpuse and Jhelora tons of poo poo. You won't be able to use most of it yet, but in a few levels you'll be all set.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

napster of meat posted:

Sent Falpuse and Jhelora tons of poo poo. You won't be able to use most of it yet, but in a few levels you'll be all set.

Thanks man! I'm on right now, but watching a movie and switching back and forth hitting my in game macro for skilling up.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Medullah posted:

If anyone has anything they think a 65 SK could use on Test (or copied over to Test) (he's primarily using Elaborate Defiant at this point), I would love to take it. Falpuse is the name.

I don't have much to offer since the majority of my gear is 2003-2004ish, but I know I have a lot of old clickies like the Kunark Rogue, Cleric and Druid gear, I have a Bioluminescent Orb, Barbarian/Iksar/Erudite Masks, Werewolf/Earth Elemental illusion lutes...uhh...few other things.

I actually just found out today that the Barbarian illusion mask is droppable (I know; duh), and I would love that for my bard, as well as any other illusion items - those are just fun. My bard has Iksar, Dark Elf, Erudite, Vah Shir, and the Dwarf one from Sleepers Tomb (sadly not droppable), but I would enjoy adding to my collection. Also, if by any chance anyone has a Gnome mask from Sleepers pre-awakening, I would go mental for that.

I actually found a succinct guide online about how to get the High Elf Illusion mask completely solo as a bard, so I hope to do that sometime soon.

Medullah posted:

Also, does anyone have a decent autohotkey script for just repeatedly casting a spell? Or does EQ not allow it?

<cough> I am speaking purely hypothetically of course, but there *may* be a little program out there that allows you to automate a single button press to repeat infinitely on a fixed interval that works with EQ that *might* be small enough to send to someone as an e-mail attachment. I would never use such a thing of course, because it *possibly* would be against some sort of rules somewhere. All I am saying is that such a thing *could* exist. <cough>

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

You can use auto hot key and do something like
/pause 45, cast 1

Pretty sure it's against EULA though

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I actually just found out today that the Barbarian illusion mask is droppable (I know; duh), and I would love that for my bard, as well as any other illusion items - those are just fun. My bard has Iksar, Dark Elf, Erudite, Vah Shir, and the Dwarf one from Sleepers Tomb (sadly not droppable), but I would enjoy adding to my collection. Also, if by any chance anyone has a Gnome mask from Sleepers pre-awakening, I would go mental for that.

I actually found a succinct guide online about how to get the High Elf Illusion mask completely solo as a bard, so I hope to do that sometime soon.

<cough> I am speaking purely hypothetically of course, but there *may* be a little program out there that allows you to automate a single button press to repeat infinitely on a fixed interval that works with EQ that *might* be small enough to send to someone as an e-mail attachment. I would never use such a thing of course, because it *possibly* would be against some sort of rules somewhere. All I am saying is that such a thing *could* exist. <cough>

Let me know your in game character name and I'll send you over every droppable Bard item I have tomorrow.

Gave up on Autohotkey, lots of googling shows it's a pain in the rear end. And I think it's in the "grey area" of EULA.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Let me know your in game character name and I'll send you over every droppable Bard item I have tomorrow.

Gave up on Autohotkey, lots of googling shows it's a pain in the rear end. And I think it's in the "grey area" of EULA.

If you don't mind sending your illusion masks to my bard also, I'd appreciate it. Her name is Zingex.

I can send you or anyone else platinum, amulet of necropotence, the level 70 defiant plate gear, and a full set of argath for level 85 armor if needed.

It may be against the EULA, but your chances of getting caught using autofire if you go somewhere not around others is probably next to 0% - especially on test. I've used this to get spell skills up http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/206882/autofire.htm

Boola fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 22, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Boola posted:

If you don't mind sending your illusion masks to my bard also, I'd appreciate it. Her name is Zingex.

I can send you or anyone else platinum, amulet of necropotence, the level 70 defiant plate gear, and a full set of argath for level 85 armor if needed.

It may be against the EULA, but your chances of getting caught using autofire if you go somewhere not around others is probably next to 0% - especially on test. I've used this to get spell skills up http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/206882/autofire.htm

I sent what I had to you. Not a lot, but hey, some illusions are better than none! :)

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I sent what I had to you. Not a lot, but hey, some illusions are better than none! :)

Thanks!

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!

Boola posted:

Could I get an amulet of necropotence? Nostalgia :)

Character on Test is Kutz

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Boola posted:

I tried that a few days ago, couldn't get it to work. Both it and Autohotkey work fine outside of EQ, but as soon as I try it *IN* EQ, it doesn't work.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Did you try running as admin? I know Autoit didnt want to work for me unless I ran the script as admin.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Okay, I need to poll some people here with broader class experience than I. I am making a little level 25 baby toon of each class (and race) on Test just for general dicking around purpose. I got some advice from another druid on how to make the best of it, but I am trying to see what classes, hopefully starting at 25, have *any* sort of unlimited-target, PBAoE attack that does damage. The problem is that virtually all of the ones I can think of are classes for which I already have a high-level version (bard, wizard, and druid, all 80 or more). I would imagine that mages do, but I am not sure.

So, here are the classes on offer:

Necromancer
Monk
Paladin
Warrior
Beastlord
Rogue
Cleric
Magician
Berzerker
Shaman
Enchanter
Ranger

If I decide to PL these druid style, I want to do it in 2 groups of 6, so I hope to find 2 classes from that list that have the right type of ablity/spell, put one on the A team and the other on the B team, and exploit that mechanic for mad experience. If any of these classes get abilities like that post-25, let me know and, if I have to, I can use that Oil from Ragefire in the meantime (though that gets costly fast).

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
If anyone could send me some plat, bard stuff or defiant plate stuff that would be great. I could also some white and red dragon scales if anyone has any still. My characters name is Misterboots.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

If anyone could send me some plat, bard stuff or defiant plate stuff that would be great. I could also some white and red dragon scales if anyone has any still. My characters name is Misterboots.

Later tonight I will send you Thunderous Drums of Karana, Barb Mask, both red and white scales, and a full set of elegant plate, a bio orb, and a tishan orb. Just send anything back you don't need.

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

Been leveling in the roost and decided its time to get a hit of nostalgia. Gonna check out some of the plains tonight if anyone wants to grind some aa's. I found my gear to start lacking after I gave up on the hero's journey quests, but I have a lot of dream notes from the goon giveaway. My understanding is that those are for level 80 gear and I should get defiant/bazaar gear till then?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

dirty nub posted:

Been leveling in the roost and decided its time to get a hit of nostalgia. Gonna check out some of the plains tonight if anyone wants to grind some aa's. I found my gear to start lacking after I gave up on the hero's journey quests, but I have a lot of dream notes from the goon giveaway. My understanding is that those are for level 80 gear and I should get defiant/bazaar gear till then?

Defiant up through Elegant will serve you fine until 80, at which time you can use those Motes on first-tier House of Thule earrings, rings, belt, etc (all armour that is non-visible). Also at 80, you can get your class-specific Abstruse armour. Level 80 weapons are not part of any set per se, but they are usually super cheap. Once you hit 80 and get in level 80 minimum armour, you will LEAP up in power immensely - the stat differences are enormous. Several people in guild have commented that there is not greater leap in gear power than that which occurs at 80, and I cannot disagree.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

JustJeff88 posted:

I would imagine that mages do, but I am not sure.

Mages do have a couple of PBAE. The last one they get is at level 60 iirc.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
Hey Jeff, Clerics get a whole line of PBae's from what I recall (I have a 68 cleric myself). Would probably be the easiest bet out of that list. Mages get rain spells (which are 100% awful and number of target limited I think) as ae's, I thought.

Creative Bicycle fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 22, 2013

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

napster of meat posted:

Later tonight I will send you Thunderous Drums of Karana, Barb Mask, both red and white scales, and a full set of elegant plate, a bio orb, and a tishan orb. Just send anything back you don't need.

Thanks for the stuff! The drum is really great, I can run so drat fast now.

But I am a big stupid head that doesn't know how items work so...

Is there anyone that can parcel me some Flawed or Ornate plate stuff by any chance? I was so excited about my new armor that Napster sent me that I put it on and deleted the stuff I had and didn't know that the stuff he sent me won't actually work on me at all yet.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Medullah posted:

It's technically illegal, but no one will get on your case for just making a script that will skillup your Divination by spamming a spell. :)

Here's the best way of doing it with AHK:
code:
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
^Space::
PressKey := ! PressKey	;Toggle PressKey True/False
Loop
{
	If ! PressKey
		Break			;If PressKey is False, stop pressing key

Send 1
	Sleep 5000		;Delay between keypresses
}
Return
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1
Line 2 defines the hotkey - here it's Ctrl+Space. Change as you wish.

The PressKey variable is used to store the toggle state of the hotkey - press Ctrl+Space again to stop the loop so it doesn't run wild.

The "Send 1" line is where the magic happens, change to what you like, including altering the Sleep on the next line, adding more keypresses, etc. Don't change anything else.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Thanks for the stuff! The drum is really great, I can run so drat fast now.

But I am a big stupid head that doesn't know how items work so...

Is there anyone that can parcel me some Flawed or Ornate plate stuff by any chance? I was so excited about my new armor that Napster sent me that I put it on and deleted the stuff I had and didn't know that the stuff he sent me won't actually work on me at all yet.

What level are you? I have a ton of stuff I can probably send your way.

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

Carl Seitan posted:

What level are you? I have a ton of stuff I can probably send your way.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Turns out all I really had was a Cloak of Flames, so I sent it.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

2X2 Eyes posted:

Could I get an amulet of necropotence? Nostalgia :)

Character on Test is Kutz

Sent one your way

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Creative Bicycle posted:

Hey Jeff, Clerics get a whole line of PBae's from what I recall (I have a 68 cleric myself). Would probably be the easiest bet out of that list. Mages get rain spells (which are 100% awful and number of target limited I think) as ae's, I thought.

I'm sure mages get a pbae since they and wizards have a lot of similar spells pre 60. Also necros get the same pbae that clerics do at low levels (as do SK)

edit:

What is the easiest way to force the character to "save" before you testcopy? I log in a character and grab some plat from the shared bank but if I immediately testcopy he won't have it on test. I know I can zone, but that gets annoying and time consuming.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Does anyone have an 85-90 Ranger weapon they could copy and send to Pizzaparty? I already have a Steel Seed Blade (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100117) but I can't find anything else on the bazaar in that range to upgrade my lvl 80 weapons. Someone linked a 61/21 dagger last night that I think would do me right.

napster of meat fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 22, 2013

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Vomik posted:

edit:

What is the easiest way to force the character to "save" before you testcopy? I log in a character and grab some plat from the shared bank but if I immediately testcopy he won't have it on test. I know I can zone, but that gets annoying and time consuming.

I think the only way to get it to save is to zone or camp. Not sure why they didn't make it so it saves your character before you testcopy.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vomik posted:

I'm sure mages get a pbae since they and wizards have a lot of similar spells pre 60. Also necros get the same pbae that clerics do at low levels (as do SK)

edit:

I re-log the character. Which is still a bit time-consuming, but you can afk/look at cat videos while it loads instead of having to run back and forth from the bank or wherever.

Edit:

napster of meat posted:

Does anyone have an 85-90 weapon they could copy and send to Pizzaparty? I already have a Steel Seed Blade (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100117) but I can't find anything else on the bazaar in that range to upgrade my lvl 80 weapons. Someone linked a 51/21 dagger last night that I think would do me right.

What class? If rogue, only looking for piercing? What are the dam/dly on the weapons you're trying to upgrade? I have a few random things kicking around, can't remember which class weps were 85.

Devor fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 22, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I know the chances of this are almost null...but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has experienced it...

I decided to move to Test, and in the process decided to send the 150k plat I had saved up along with every character. Which is awesome, because I now have over a million on Test, so I shouldn't have to worry about Merc costs.

However...I can't seem to find the ORIGINAL plat on Zek. Logged all my characters just to see if maybe I'd accidentally forgotten to put it back in the shared bank...don't see it...

I'm wondering if the /testcopy did something funky to the live character save. 150k isn't THAT much, but it's enough to keep me going on Test if I end up needing more.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Medullah posted:

I know the chances of this are almost null...but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has experienced it...

I decided to move to Test, and in the process decided to send the 150k plat I had saved up along with every character. Which is awesome, because I now have over a million on Test, so I shouldn't have to worry about Merc costs.

However...I can't seem to find the ORIGINAL plat on Zek. Logged all my characters just to see if maybe I'd accidentally forgotten to put it back in the shared bank...don't see it...

I'm wondering if the /testcopy did something funky to the live character save. 150k isn't THAT much, but it's enough to keep me going on Test if I end up needing more.

Perhaps you accidentally put it back in one of the characters' non-shared banks? If you're still gold you might be able to get some GM customer service if you explain what happened.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Devor posted:

Perhaps you accidentally put it back in one of the characters' non-shared banks? If you're still gold you might be able to get some GM customer service if you explain what happened.

Yeah, that's what I figured happened...dug through and didn't see it.

I have two accounts with a few characters on each that I swapped back and forth, I'm gonna systematically log in and look when I can again, then write it off. Don't want to even try getting support for that. :)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Thank you for the feedback, EQ Goons. I actually had an inspiration this morning and remembered that SKs have an odd little spell called Word of Spirit, which I recalled being a cleric spell as well, and I was correct: clerics get a whole line of magic-based PBAoE's that would be ideal. Also, mages do indeed as well, starting with Fire Flux at level 1 which does about 8 damage, which is absolutely perfect for my purposes. So when I "make teams", I will just not group the mage with the cleric.

As a bit of trivia, I found a nice but dated site that lists every class/race combo in the game and what deity they can worship. It has every class, but does not have the Drakkin race. That said, even though Drakkin can play most classes, it looks like it is easy to remember their deity options as they can only worship Veeshan no matter what, which makes sense given that they have draconic blood. Also, I actually remembered that Vah Shir, regardless of class, can only be Agnostic. Amazing that I would remember such a bit of fluff from a mediocre expansions like Luclin.

I think that I know that answer to this, but is there any way to change one's "City of Origin" (which really doesn't matter except for the Origin AA as far as I can tell). I have been making and /testbuff-ing all of these new characters and have been having them start in their old-world home cities rather than CR. However, with the exception of my bard, all of my higher-level toons that were on Luclin (even those that I made over 10 years ago) have their Origin point sent to CR because I was a DIRTY SILVER ACCOUNT PEASANT. It is a small thing, I just wonder if there is a way to reset my druid to Kelethin, SK to Neriak, and Wizard to Gukta. If not, not the end of the world.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

JustJeff88 posted:

I think that I know that answer to this, but is there any way to change one's "City of Origin" (which really doesn't matter except for the Origin AA as far as I can tell). I have been making and /testbuff-ing all of these new characters and have been having them start in their old-world home cities rather than CR. However, with the exception of my bard, all of my higher-level toons that were on Luclin (even those that I made over 10 years ago) have their Origin point sent to CR because I was a DIRTY SILVER ACCOUNT PEASANT. It is a small thing, I just wonder if there is a way to reset my druid to Kelethin, SK to Neriak, and Wizard to Gukta. If not, not the end of the world.

If you buy a race change you can do it. I've heard of people petitioning and getting it changed too. It's an improvement for some but for others CR is better. For instance frogloks origin point is a half step to the pok book as opposed to running and zoning for most races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Vomik posted:

If you buy a race change you can do it. I've heard of people petitioning and getting it changed too. It's an improvement for some but for others CR is better. For instance frogloks origin point is a half step to the pok book as opposed to running and zoning for most races.

The froglok one is the best for making toons on live to copy poo poo over to test.