Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

triplexpac posted:

I'm addicted to New Star Soccer again

I wish they could somehow make this into a hockey game

Check out Big Win Hockey and Soccer for some quick stupid fun. I do mean quick, as it'll grow boring after maybe ten matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

triplexpac posted:

I'm addicted to New Star Soccer again

I wish they could somehow make this into a hockey game

While we're wishing, I wish it eventually gets an update or sequel with iPhone 5 support. Seeing more of the pitch and having more precision would be cool. As well as the fact the 'letterbox' on unoptimised apps is all kinds of annoying.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It DID make me want to buy FF4 instead though so mission accomplished I guess?

Do you have an iPhone 5? Because I think it's incredibly loving lazy what they did to support it (stretch the image) and will probably skip it because of it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bummey posted:

Check out Big Win Hockey and Soccer for some quick stupid fun. I do mean quick, as it'll grow boring after maybe ten matches.

Yeah I did try BWH, it's just not the same :(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you have an iPhone 5? Because I think it's incredibly loving lazy what they did to support it (stretch the image) and will probably skip it because of it.

Yes and that's poo poo. I wanted world ends with you but it still has iPhone 4 resolution.

ForkSniper
Feb 18, 2011
I...I like the iOS port of FF4. FF2 was the first RPG I ever played back when I was a kid, so I've been enjoying the upgraded nostalgia. Only thing I don't like is that either I play uncomfortably for optimal combat (one hand on each side of the device), or play comfortably with slowed combat decision execution (left hand holds the device, right hand pecks at buttons) since the battle commands are on the left side of the rather long screen (ipod touch gen 5). Despite that I really love the port, it's much better than the old SNES version.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
I really wish there was an option to left or right justify non-iPhone 5 optimized apps, instead of letterboxing. For "press anywhere on screen" games I keep tapping the black bar areas which doesn't work.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
I don't know if there are many "find a word" game (RUZZLE, Scramble with Friends, Writer Rumble) players here, but we just turned on this Instant Opponent stuff in Word Carnivale.

No more waiting for opponent or a turn. Start as many games as you want.

Video Demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES6j9hp8yq4

It's takes about 15 seconds in the current app release, the video is the next version ... but in both cases, you don't have to wait beyond that, and you always get a turn.

Free App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-carnivale/id547140552?mt=8

Thanks.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Just tried that New Star Soccer and its pretty addictive, like Kairo's Pocket League Story, but maybe a little better because you get to kick a few satisfying goals.

commander nojj
Feb 9, 2007
the one and only
I dunno if this has been mentioned but mobage has created a final fantasy game, Airborne brigade. It looks lile another card collection game, I'm not sure if it is the same exact formula or whatnot. Anyone tried it out yet?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Cook Serve Delicious price dropped. Remind me again what the general impression of this thread was on that title.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
People love CSD

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Beelzebozo posted:

Cook Serve Delicious price dropped. Remind me again what the general impression of this thread was on that title.

It's a great cross between Diner Dash and Cooking Mama. I don't love either of those games but I played the poo poo out of CSD.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is out in NZ. Excited to play this!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

commander nojj posted:

I dunno if this has been mentioned but mobage has created a final fantasy game, Airborne brigade. It looks lile another card collection game, I'm not sure if it is the same exact formula or whatnot. Anyone tried it out yet?

I did at launch, in a field of depressingly bad clones of RoB etc it stood out as the drizzling shits. Possibly the worst UI I've ever come across, terrible art work, awful game mechanics all played in utter silence. It looks like they were handed off a very early copy of the RoB game engine (which at least in other games has since been worked into something much more useable) and made no attempt to improve it. I've played a lot of freemium games, especially these kind of card games and this was seriously the worst.

If I had to recommend any in this genre I'd go for Fantasica, Blood Brothers or Rage of Bahamut. I believe a few people play the Marvel game as well but it seemed like a 95% reskin of RoB so I didn't bother with it for more than a casual days play.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Fazana posted:

I did at launch, in a field of depressingly bad clones of RoB etc it stood out as the drizzling shits. Possibly the worst UI I've ever come across, terrible art work, awful game mechanics all played in utter silence. It looks like they were handed off a very early copy of the RoB game engine (which at least in other games has since been worked into something much more useable) and made no attempt to improve it. I've played a lot of freemium games, especially these kind of card games and this was seriously the worst.

If I had to recommend any in this genre I'd go for Fantasica, Blood Brothers or Rage of Bahamut. I believe a few people play the Marvel game as well but it seemed like a 95% reskin of RoB so I didn't bother with it for more than a casual days play.

The correct answer is Blood Brothers. Once I started playing BB I wondered how I ever put up with the flaming pile of poo poo that is RoB/Fantasica/Marvel/etc...

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

commander nojj posted:

It loving sucks.

It's pretty much a poor man's blood brothers. Even though it has the final fantasy license it doesn't really do anything with it. All the classes are the same, all the abilities are the same, all the quests are pretty much the same (unlike BB it doesn't even have a map, you just push the advance quest button to move).

And to top it off the game looks terrible and blurry on a iphone 5 and there's not a single sound in the game.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kepa posted:

We plan on doing a small update soon to fix a couple of bugs (Spartan Mode is COVERED IN SPIKES now). Then we'd like to do small content updates every month or two.

Not just Spartan mode, regular Quest mode has a shitload of spikes out of nowhere. Unless that was intentional, in which case please reconsider, I hate spikes :v:

Also, I have the punchos doubler, does that affect the occasional "share this!" puncho total (it says like 7000, am I getting 14000 or do non-puncho-doubler people see 3500 instead?) And gnomey giving out 25k (same question about punchos doubler here) seems kinda weak for deifying him when the belts and hat rerolls and stuff are 100-200k. I mean compared to an ultra hat like he used to (even one I might have to reroll) it just seems out of scale.

still lovin PQ, though, so there's that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SKULE123 posted:

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is out in NZ. Excited to play this!

Man I bought this game on Steam and completely ignored it :/ dunno if I should buy it again for iPad but it seems like the perfect iPad game.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Minimon Online went free, any ideas how it is?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man I bought this game on Steam and completely ignored it :/ dunno if I should buy it again for iPad but it seems like the perfect iPad game.

I played through it on the DS, and it was fun enough for me to go through again, especially since the Steam/XBLA version are improved and remade (I believe).

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Yeah Clash of Heroes on the DS was a ton of fun. If the new one has multiplayer on top of that experience it'd be a must-buy.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Nickoten posted:

Yeah Clash of Heroes on the DS was a ton of fun. If the new one has multiplayer on top of that experience it'd be a must-buy.

quote:

- Challenge your friends online or offline, in 1 vs. 1 or in the brand new asynchronous mode.

Sounding pretty good for a $5 title, there's a 22 minute gameplay vid in the TA thread from the remorseless games playing machine Sanuku http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=175649

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

quote:

- Challenge your friends online or offline, in 1 vs. 1 or in the brand new asynchronous mode.

And there you have it.

Everyone, buy this game. You will not regret it.

My only complaint is that the high res retina graphics don't have quite the same charm as the sprites that the DS version had, but that's just based on screenshots. It still looks like I'm going to be $5 poorer.

Edit: Oh, you were quoting the article, too, not the guy above me. I should actually read posts more, sorry.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 23, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
gently caress YESSSS!

Let's put it this way... I played the console demo of HOMM:COH and decided NOT to buy it over a year ago strictly on the HOPE that it would come to IOS because it just felt like that's where it belonged!

YAY!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

B-but I already have Clash of Heroes for DS and PC. Do I have to play it on my iPad too? :ohdear:

Yeah, probably. drat this game. I hope someone makes a multiplayer list or something.

vvv e: Oh, it comes out Tonight? Welp, added to my schedule. vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 23, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Never heard of this, but the video/concept looked cool. I'm so jetlagged I wonder if I will be awake at 11pm though. :ohdear:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If, hypothetically, I wanted to get into one of the hundreds of freemium city building/business management games, which ones are actually worth a poo poo? Bonus if having a buddy can help you out. Already played Kairosoft games, NimbleBit games and Happy Street and I love those. Townsmen was also pretty good as well

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there any way to just show the newest games on the iphone 5 store? All I can seem to get is the top in each category.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Any opinions on Elder Sign: Omens on an iPhone 5? I haven't played the original board game but I'm interested enough in Cthulhu Mythos stuff to give it a shot.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Has anyone else who has played Punch Quest run into this bug? I tend to play it with a lovely connection, and so the scores can take a while to grab from GC. If I've gone and done other stuff--including start a new run--once the scores come back it immediately pops me back to the scores screen. This is only mildly annoying when I'm in the middle of the shop, and really annoying when I'm on a new run. Because it jacks the entire thing up and just stays at the open first door, with nothing happening.

I really enjoyed the game until this kept creeping up. It's now getting really annoying.

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?

commander nojj posted:

I've gotten sucked into D.O.F. - Defender of Pixel. It really shouldn't be as addicting as it is, but I find myself playing it a lot. Of course it's a freemium title that caters to whales. The game is good about giving you a regular, daily supply of potions and energy refills. It's completely playable and enjoyable without investing in any IAP.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Axiem posted:

Has anyone else who has played Punch Quest run into this bug? I tend to play it with a lovely connection, and so the scores can take a while to grab from GC. If I've gone and done other stuff--including start a new run--once the scores come back it immediately pops me back to the scores screen. This is only mildly annoying when I'm in the middle of the shop, and really annoying when I'm on a new run. Because it jacks the entire thing up and just stays at the open first door, with nothing happening.

I really enjoyed the game until this kept creeping up. It's now getting really annoying.

Actually, I just ran into this very same bug with the same setup. It seems that you pretty much have to wait until the error message pops after a while before doing anything.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I know the answer is probably going to be "no one", but does anyone play Konami's Dragon Collector in here? It seems to be popular, but it seems a little (a lot) IAP/neopetish for my taste. I was just wondering if it's complete and utter poo poo compared to other offerings in the same vein.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fazana posted:

I haven't played Blood Brothers but I've been having a little fun trying to play RoB and Marvel without spending a dime. If I were to recommend one right now and the poster in question was indifferent about the superhero theme, I'd say RoB entirely for the bazaar. (ingame auction house) The Marvel economy is really screwy right now, in RoB new players can level and sell cards for a decent starter income and make steady progress.

We also have a shiny new non-Rage of Bahamut TCG thread in MMOHMO. It could use posts about the non-Marvel games for new players.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok it's 8:12 gimme my motherfucking Might & Magic Clash of Heroes you loving fucks.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Actually, I just ran into this very same bug with the same setup. It seems that you pretty much have to wait until the error message pops after a while before doing anything.

Naw, just go to options and restart. Theres a fix waiting for approval according to the in game message that showed up the other day.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Feenix posted:

Ok it's 8:12 gimme my motherfucking Might & Magic Clash of Heroes you loving fucks.

My app store is dead. :negative: Too many people want CoH.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I spy with my little eye, CoH in the app store. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Has anyone tried Heroes and Castles, by the way? It looks pretty interesting. Kinda reminds me of that old "Defend Your Castle" flash game but you're on the field.

• Locked thread