Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Graham Gremlin posted:

If I'm not mistaken, for multiplayer games you get all the benefits of DLC that the host has.

Not exactly. Everyone is always on the same version, whether you have the DLC or not. If you don't have the DLC, you can't play as any unlocked factions. If you do, you can, whether the host has it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I've signed up for Paradox's newsletter like five times now, and have never unsubscribed from it. Yet every time I hear about one of these code giveways, I check and notice that I haven't received an issue in months. They just keep auto unsubscribing me or something. Who knows. It's incredibly frustrating. At least, this time I already have the game they're giving it away. I just would have liked to given it to someone else instead.

Same here, but I'm not sure what the issue is.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
What?! Where's my mail Pdox :argh:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

QuoProQuid posted:

Do I need the Republic expansion for this?

Nope, only the host needs it I believe as said above. It would be great to have you aboard and bring the goon counter to above two.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nope, only the host needs it I believe as said above. It would be great to have you aboard and bring the goon counter to above two.

I don't even think the host needs it. The DLC is handled on a per player basis, isn't it? Either you have it, and can play as republics, or you don't and can't.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Does someone not want their EU3 code? Have a history major friend I want to pass one to, and I hadn't had EU3 myself.

edit: Thanks RenegadeZombie!

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 22, 2013

RenegadeZombie
Jan 21, 2013
Glad I could help, would have been a shame to waste the code!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's been a long time since I've played base Crusader Kings 2 and after a brief run through in Vanilla I can definitely tell it will take some getting use to. I've never even played Multiplayer before.

Are there any areas you are specifically looking to fill? I did testgames as the Pope's vassal and again as the Count of Axum, but there is a lot of waiting that really isn't conductive to a team game. Scandinavia might be a good place to start off, particularly as I orient myself.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

QuoProQuid posted:

It's been a long time since I've played base Crusader Kings 2 and after a brief run through in Vanilla I can definitely tell it will take some getting use to. I've never even played Multiplayer before.

Are there any areas you are specifically looking to fill? I did testgames as the Pope's vassal and again as the Count of Axum, but there is a lot of waiting that really isn't conductive to a team game. Scandinavia might be a good place to start off, particularly as I orient myself.

I believe Byzantium in the Bulgaria region could use someone, as would Kyiv, the east is kinda sparsely populated right now.

Here's a map that should give a good idea as to what areas need more players :)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Unfortunately you guys play at a time I'd be unavailable in otherwise I'd think about joining. Just curious, is it considered bad form to start as a King? Or is it just considered boring, so players shy away from doing it?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
Just a quick question: is it possible in the code to change someone's dynasty through an event? I'm finally set on trying to make this silly Dark Age Rome mod of mine and I want to kludge together a "adoptive succession" mechanic for it.

Edit: Crap, this should really go in the CK2 thread, sorry.

Spiderfist Island fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 22, 2013

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Unfortunately you guys play at a time I'd be unavailable in otherwise I'd think about joining. Just curious, is it considered bad form to start as a King? Or is it just considered boring, so players shy away from doing it?

Well I don't speak for other games but we're starting as counts/republics because being a conversion game it'ld be uninteresting for the world to blob too much too fast. Too bad about the start time being bad for you :(

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Well I don't speak for other games but we're starting as counts/republics because being a conversion game it'ld be uninteresting for the world to blob too much too fast. Too bad about the start time being bad for you :(

Just wanted to point out that I'm a goon and just signed up for napoli in the game. Reconsidering thought since I cant swear fealty to the Byzantines.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

I don't even think the host needs it. The DLC is handled on a per player basis, isn't it? Either you have it, and can play as republics, or you don't and can't.

No, the DLC is handled per host. If the host has all the DLCs while no one else does, everyone will be able to pick Republics, muslims etc.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ham posted:

No, the DLC is handled per host. If the host has all the DLCs while no one else does, everyone will be able to pick Republics, muslims etc.

Oh, I did not know this. This isn't really the way Paradox initially advertised that, but that's cool.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Oh, I did not know this. This isn't really the way Paradox initially advertised that, but that's cool.

IIRC they changed it some time after SOI came out, originally you all needed the DLC but the host could choose to deactivate his DLC so that people without the DLC could play.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Alchenar posted:

Well Paradox has had it's own shop before but even HOI3 couldn't stop it from being so successful they had to spin it off into a separate business.

You know, we don't make 3 expansions for games that sell badly, HoI3 is one of our most popular games.

Anyway, Europa Universalis III Chronicles code: HD8Y9-GPC0Z-DWPF8
E: gone

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 22, 2013

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

6EQUJ5 posted:

If you'd like a Steam copy of EUIII add me on Steam and you can have the one I got in the email Paradox sent (I already own the game.)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Harmonist
I wasn't trying to fish for a copy but I'd definitely appreciate it if you still have it, my old retail copy got too scratched to install. I have added you on steam, thanks.

Darkrenown posted:

You know, we don't make 3 expansions for games that sell badly, HoI3 is one of our most popular games.

Anyway, Europa Universalis III Chronicles code: HD8Y9-GPC0Z-DWPF8
Before anyone else gets excited, someone has taken this without posting,.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
That's why you should post them in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513572 as has been mentioned earlier.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Took a brief look there and:

quote:

The most important change is that we discourage gifters from posting codes or direct links to games for grabs. Please ask people to post their Steam IDs instead and then contact them.

Why? There are a few reasons: lurkers grab several games at once and never thank for them; the community doesn't benefit from it - most of the time nobody thanks for those codes, they simply disappear into thin air; also every time a code is lurked we get many sour posts about it.

We don't need this negativity . This thread was always about sharing, caring and having a good time while playng free games.
so I didn't.

E: Although I see there's a bunch of EUIIIs on page 115 if anyone wants to try them.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 22, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

It just happens everywhere. People still do it there, and it's fine. They just prefer that people do it more personally through PMs or Steam, or through a Steamgifts giveaway. Either way, it's a nice thing to do and someone ended up happy, at least, even if they don't actively post.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Edit: Code taken

Also the multiplayer sounds really interesting but how well does it run? CK2 can be a little intense on my laptop as it is, I can't imagine adding 30 people would help.

Chump Farts fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 22, 2013

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Im still annoyed that the newsletter didnt come through, even though I remember getting SotS.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Westminster System posted:

Im still annoyed that the newsletter didnt come through, even though I remember getting SotS.
I didn't get it either, turns out my "Receive email from admins" in the forum control panel was unchecked. I'm no really sure whether I ever touched that setting but apparently that's the reason.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

nothing to seehere posted:

Just wanted to point out that I'm a goon and just signed up for napoli in the game. Reconsidering thought since I cant swear fealty to the Byzantines.

Hrrm? Well Bulgaria probably has a spot open and that would let you be Byz eventually.

quote:

IIRC they changed it some time after SOI came out, originally you all needed the DLC but the host could choose to deactivate his DLC so that people without the DLC could play

It strikes me as good advertisement. You join a MP game and play a muslem/republic so you buy the dlc to play in singleplayer.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I am going to assume no two province counts for this Megagame, correct? I think I know who I want to sign up as but making some last minute checks.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Apologies in advance if this discussion is a bit of a derail, :shobon:

QuoProQuid posted:

I am going to assume no two province counts for this Megagame, correct? I think I know who I want to sign up as but making some last minute checks.

Your allowed a count with two demenses, (so two provinces) but no more than 3 holdings per demense; and by three, I mean the three ones at the bottom not including your main holding. This is so it isn't *too* difficult.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
If anyone needs a EU3 Chronicles code from the newsletter let me know.

The code found a nice new home and is getting pets and dinner right now the little scamp.

orphean fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 22, 2013

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
I also have a EU3 Chronicles code (PM for it). taken

Burning Rain fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 24, 2013

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I have a spare EU3 Chronicles key, too. PM me or contact me on Steam.

edit: gone to Chief Savage Man

Smirr fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 22, 2013

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A SRB DIVIDED DELUXE BETA EDITION Mk. I

Experience a disturbing vision of a 19th century where the white man is less relevant. The colonial empires of Western Europe have fallen and shattered, the Kaiser reigns supreme over reactionary Europe, while the Aztec successor states ascend in the Americas. In Tehran an industrial revolution promises to re-center the world and Asia rises to lead a new age of Imperialism that shall reshape the world. Are you a bad enough dude to lead your nation through the challenges of industrialization, revolution, world wars, localization errors and colonialism? Then boy, do I have a mod for you.

Compatible with Victoria II: A House Divided 2.31

Download!

Features:
-An alternate-scenario based on an award-winning* Mega-LP!
-No major gameplay changes! Easily adaptable to your favourite balance mod!
-Promise of future updates!
-Bugs?

Credits:
The forum goons Servant, Ramba Ral, Sniper4625 and ZearothK
sam. for creating the succession LP and the many, many players that made it what it was
Some content from Divergences and New Nations Mod

*No awards won

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Finally, an almost-historically-accurate Korea!

Sheep fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 22, 2013

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Experience a disturbing vision of a 19th century where the white man is less relevant. The colonial empires of Western Europe have fallen and shattered, the Kaiser reigns supreme over reactionary Europe, while the Aztec successor states ascend in the Americas. In Tehran an industrial revolution promises to re-center the world and Asia rises to lead a new age of Imperialism that shall reshape the world. Are you a bad enough dude to lead your nation through the challenges of industrialization, revolution, world wars, localization errors and colonialism? Then boy, do I have a mod for you.

Download!

Features:
-Bugs?

Credits:
sam. for creating the succession LP and the many, many players that made it what it was

*No awards won

How the hell did Croatia end up in Australia?

Also, will this work with the A Pop Divided mod?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mister Bates posted:

How the hell did Croatia end up in Australia?

Also, will this work with the A Pop Divided mod?

All the Kroats were deported to Kroatstralia and Kroatgascar by the one of Serbia-Byzantium's previous rulers, sometime in the 17th century.

At present no, it won't, but I might release a version compatible with A Pop Divided in the near future, as there is very little conflict between the files (APD is mostly gameplay changes while this is a scenario).

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Smirr posted:

I have a spare EU3 Chronicles key, too. PM me or contact me on Steam.

edit: gone to Chief Savage Man

Thanks a lot for this!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
So, I am now convinced that Paradox is one of the most customer-service oriented companies in the industry right now. When I get the free code for EU3: Chronicles I couldn't use it because I already owned the game. I emailed their Sales department and asked if I could exchange it for a CK2: Republic key instead, and they had me a Republic Steam key this afternoon. I've never had this level of customer service from anyone except Blizzard, and I honestly couldn't be happier with the experience. I hope only the best happens for Paradox, and this just makes my decision to buy their products all the more rewarding for me because I have personal proof that they take the satisfaction of their customers very seriously. I am going to cross-post this to the CK2 thread in case anyone wants to do this as well. The lady I talked to, Reena, said it wasn't a hassle and all they had to do was verify that the EU3 code was officially cancelled and they went ahead and sent me the Republic key as soon as they had the verification.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
A srb divided looks hilarious and awesome. Please make it compatible with apd because no one should have to play vanilla Vicky 2

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ZearothK posted:

Download!

Features:
-Bugs?

Credits:

*No awards won

"Nueva Roma"? In Brasil? Explain this one to me, please.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Elias_Maluco posted:

It was an Italian colony with a Rome fetish captured by the Aztecs. It may revolt and become an industrial SPQR in the tropics.

The LP had a subtitle of a "I have lost track of all these Romes", so that was a recurrent theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

There can't have been many places in that Lets Play which weren't an "nth Rome" at some point in time.

• Locked thread