Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
This is the worst best update.

Rooreelooo posted:

You consume the trickster magic from your friends, Jake Jane and Roxy, finally transforming into one playful, crazy Dirk of unprecedented PULCHRITUDE.

A phenomenal transformation takes place.

You become...

My God.

YOU BECOME...

Dirk.

Really, you are just utterly astounded by how lovely your IMAGINATION is. If your IMAGINATION was a face you would punch it.

In the face.

basically this happened except instead of IMAGINATION it's EMOTIONS
augh
vvvv Basically, it just goes "complete" and gives you "Play again?" "no/gently caress no" which turns to "YES" when you highlight it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Did anyone actually push -> 1111 times? Wanna tell me what happens?

e: Oh you can just hold it down. It's not that exciting.

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 23, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Fingers crossed for awkward dream meteor meetups with Karkat, as was foretold in that one conversation Nepeta had with Jaspers in the ancient loving past. :allears:

Omnomnomnivore posted:

a) dude, you can just lean on the button for two minutes
b) CRITICAL FAILURE TO ABSCOND

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Omnomnomnivore posted:

You are given the opportunity to enjoy the pope n lock once more.

You will, of course, take full advantage of this.

No, I don't think you understand, you don't get a choice in the matter. Click the button, meat.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Omnomnomnivore posted:

You get a "Play again? >No >gently caress No" dialogue box that switches to "YES" when you mouseover.

Also you don't have to punch the arrow keys 1111 times, you can just hold one down.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Omnomnomnivore posted:

^^^ gently caress YOU
SUCCESS!
Play again?
No gently caress no.

Whichever one you mouse over turns into a giant YES button.

Edit: Jesus, poor dirk. Even with magical reality warping brain melting candy power he can't be happy. I know what that's like. :smith:

Filthy Haiku fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 23, 2013

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Fefeta NOOOOOOO :cry:

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

How did Gamzee even get there? He just showed up in the background of the flash after being exploded.

Omnomnomnivore posted:

You can just hold it down. He slowly moves off the side of the screen.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Trickster Dirk is the best.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Thankfully, holding the right arrow key down was sufficient.

Hover over either button and you get a giant [YES] button instead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I shouldn't laugh. But I did.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I laughed out loud so much at this update. :)

Poor Fefeta. I suppose it is inevitable that all the others explode now, too, huh?

I'm not sure what I think of Dirk being unaffected by Trickster Mode. He clearly wanted to be affected, so it's not like he's just mary-sue resisting or anything, but you got to feel bad for a guy who just completely unable to let go under any circumstances. I think this is where I say 'I know that feel, Dirk.'

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Yeah, he lurches off screen and then you get a "Want to go again?" prompt.

The options are "No" and "gently caress No", but if you mouse over either of them, they both change to "Yes".

edit: You could just hold it down? gently caress

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This does seem likely to be the beginning of a chain reaction of poo poo going wrong. Vaguely impressed that Dirk goes Trickster and it doesn't change him, normally having indomitable will with which to resist some sort of mind control condition is sort of cheesy, but here it derives from being really messed up so it's actually rather interesting.

Also yeah the abomination sprites are probably going to pop and the "surviving" (that is, just dead, not double-dead) trolls will probably draw from these experiences for whatever amount of development they get before the end of the comic.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dolash posted:

Also yeah the abomination sprites are probably going to pop and the "surviving" (that is, just dead, not double-dead) trolls will probably draw from these experiences for whatever amount of development they get before the end of the comic.

You talk as if Nepeta and Feferi were anything other than one-dimensional characters meant to actually do something more than drive the narrative forward...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wait, are all these things that Jane, specifically, wanted right before she touched the juju? She wanted Jake to be with her, which, in her mind, necessitated a breakup. She told Roxy she liked her more when she drank. Etc, etc.

In addition to all its other properties, is the juju a monkey's paw that grants its wishes in the worst ways possible?

edit: Unrelatedly, I laughed way too hard at this poor loving tumblr user:

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 23, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You talk as if Nepeta and Feferi were anything other than one-dimensional characters meant to actually do something more than drive the narrative forward...

This is true, but they were each still parts of other troll relationships that were more plot significant than the sum of their parts. During horrorstuck the trolls and their relationships were getting pruned left and right, with an underlying theme of failure, but it wouldn't be too surprising if it turned out that was just the low point, and Hussie might yet bring them back to give them a more positive conclusion. Otherwise bringing back the old trolls after their arcs appeared over seems an odd move.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Good choice, Fefeta. Good choice.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Huzzah! Managed to submit my order for the Sweet Bro and Helpful Jeff hardcover.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Seriously, I just feel bad for Dirk at this point. No one deserves to be this twisted up inside.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think we're all missing the best part here where Dirk does in fact seem to be incapable of feeling happy even under the influence of magic drugs oh wait :smith:

Oh wait beaten like a redheaded stepchild never mind :saddowns:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Seriously, I just feel bad for Dirk at this point. No one deserves to be this twisted up inside.

I feel bad for him, but, at the same time, I was amused that after his rant at Jake that the tricksters all fell silent.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WAR FOOT posted:

I feel bad for him, but, at the same time, I was amused that after his rant at Jake that the tricksters all fell silent.

If they all snap out of it now, Imma be pissed.

TRICKSTER BLUEBALLS.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Dirk Strider can kill buzzes at a range of up to twenty yards.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Seoinin posted:

Dirk Strider can kill buzzes at a range of up to twenty yards.

And yet it takes him two minutes to move less than a quarter of that distance.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Eridan and Equius are resposible for Feferi and Nepeta's deaths.... again :smith:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ablative posted:

And yet it takes him two minutes to move less than a quarter of that distance.

You can't rush the groove, bro. Individuals with above-average levels of glide in their stride and dip in their hip have been known to move at preternaturally low velocities.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pyradox posted:

You can just hold it down. He slowly moves off the side of the screen.

I wish I had known this before I pressed the -> key 1111 times. :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh my god Gamzee. :allears:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Feranon posted:

Eridan and Equius are resposible for Feferi and Nepeta's deaths.... again :smith:

I certainly feel Eridan was the one being more hyper-protective of Feferi than Sollux, but I also DID feel that Equius had something close to characterisation. He was so close when talking about his moment of being overcome by superiority, and the expression of emotions that weren't perverse and genuinely sympathetic in the sorrow and regret he felt for what happened to Nepeta.

Then, AR, true to character, was an rear end in a top hat.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was unaware that you could hold the button down, and also that there was a log under that flash. A lengthy one. I guess that explains why she exploded after all.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

IUG posted:

I was unaware that you could hold the button down, and also that there was a log under that flash. A lengthy one. I guess that explains why she exploded after all.

I accidentally clicked to show the log and saw it for just long enough before I hid it again to realise that Dirk didn't change all that much before I even got to see the flash. Dang.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
You guys.

His cap is a beanie.

His cap is a beanie.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Dirk continues to be awesome and not give a gently caress, even in trickster mode. Maybe he'll find some way to end this obnoxious poo poo

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
drat you, AR. Equius and Nepeta finally found each other again, but you have to gently caress everything up.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Bobulus posted:

edit: You could just hold it down? gently caress

Walked in for the sole purpose of seeing if anyone hadn't figured that out. :unsmigghh:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Boy, it sure was a bad idea to try to read that entire Tricksterlog with the music playing in my earphones.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Here's a question for you. If Dirk were happy, how would we be able to tell?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Bongo Bill posted:

Here's a question for you. If Dirk were happy, how would we be able to tell?

gently caress that, how would he be able to tell?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
There'd be a single pixel above all of the others on his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Way to blame ARquius for your inability to experience joy, you humorless poo poo. :mad: