Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003

Ariong posted:

I think that while a lack of a concept of homosexuality is just a way for Andrew to make having two same sex trolls in a relationship into a non-issue (and also allowing for some jokezzzzz(zzzz)), "On toll world, there's no such thing as sexual assault or rape!" would be just below "On troll world, being with someone underage is perfectly acceptable!" on the Creep-O-Meter. Like one of those stories tropers write.

OK Whatever the trolls are humans with horns and I'm bad for having the thought that a horseshoe crab sexually assaulting another horseshoe crab literally makes no sense in biological or sociological or any other terms.

Even I'm bored with this train of thought now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
To be honest I always thought the whole Joke behind the trolls was that, while they're ostensibly bugs, in practice they're just gray, horned humans that call things by stupid overcomplicated names.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
It's cool, dude. If there weren't so many absolute nutjobs in this particular fanbase I'm sure there could be a (somewhat) legitimate conversation here, but there are too many people wearing grey makeup spitting in buckets at Chili's, drawing sexually deviant and unsettling fantasies and downloading tons of deplorable media to let that happen.

At least the author doesn't let it gently caress with his art in a negative way for the most part!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Seoinin posted:

To be honest I always thought the whole Joke behind the trolls was that, while they're ostensibly bugs, in practice they're just gray, horned humans that call things by stupid overcomplicated names.

That's it. Even the supposedly horrendously complicated romance is a simple as <3 = love, <3< =hatelove, <> = calmbros and club = marriage councilor.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I hope trickster mode for Dirk does something except reskin him, because this is some special-snowflake poo poo right here. I'm more interested to see what this powerup actually does in regards to Heart, Hope and Void powers, now that we've seen what it does to a Hero of Life.

Not to mention to see what they all end up choosing to actually do with their newfound abilities. Most of the kids could very well just end up spreading their brand of creepy cheer throughout the session in a mind-blowing powerful display which doesn't really end up solving their ultimate problems, personal or plot or game-wise. But what will Dirk do? Will he try to talk his companions into doing something more constructive? Strike out on his own to do it himself? Or just run away to weep quietly at how useless talking to his friends has become in this state and how he can't even share in their blissful ignorance.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Seoinin posted:

I like that "adopting human culture" has been the convenient narrative out to just slowly phase all those wacky troll words out. They were all the rage in act 5 but now you hardly ever see outrageous anatomy names or thermal husks or what have you.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Dolash posted:

I like that "adopting human culture" has been the convenient narrative out to just slowly phase all those wacky troll words out. They were all the rage in act 5 but now you hardly ever see outrageous anatomy names or thermal husks or what have you.

At this point in the thread when someone does stuff like that with any level of genuineness it just leads one to think of people cosplaying as their fantrolls and being reverse-Cronuses.

I think Hussie feels the same way in regards to the comic.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There was a time long ago when the trolls weren't going to be very important, and they weren't going to be aliens. Sometimes I wonder what that other, Bizarro-Homestuck would have looked like.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

YggiDee posted:

There was a time long ago when the trolls weren't going to be very important, and they weren't going to be aliens. Sometimes I wonder what that other, Bizarro-Homestuck would have looked like.

Something like this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Does not cast Gilbert Gottfried as Terezi. 1/5, see me after class.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Dolash posted:

The troll lingo works best for ARquiusprite. Anything to emphasize the transition from aloof AI to sweaty horse man. :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ariong posted:

That's it. Even the supposedly horrendously complicated romance is a simple as <3 = love, <3< =hatelove, <> = calmbros and club = marriage councilor.

But then poo poo starts vacillating and suddenly you regret not bringing your spreadsheets.

Also, wow, i'm glad i slept through that entire discussion.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Things about troll anatomy I know:

- they have shame globes, which exist to be kicked in a comedic manner
- they poo poo out miles of rage snake
- something about buckets???

I don't really care to meditate on the topic beyond that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
All i want to know about troll anatomy is if their horns taste like candy corn.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only the tricksters :eng101:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
What I want to know about troll biology is how does Tavros put his shirts on?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
They probably button on the side. I suspect it's a standard hazard for trolls.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
All I want to know about troll anatomy is how a Nitram walks through a doorway in a hurry.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Hell, screw just Troll anatomy. With all the time that has passed.. where/when in the blue hell is everyone finding the time to poop?

Then again, a common problem of comics in general. Nobody ever goes poop.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Isizzlehorn posted:

Hell, screw just Troll anatomy. With all the time that has passed.. where/when in the blue hell is everyone finding the time to poop?

They literally can't. Everyone's toilet was ripped out of the floor.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Isizzlehorn posted:

Transportalizers. Just like Star Trek.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Sometimes I just don't understand how Hussie works. This is one of those times.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me
I find this update exceedingly amusing because it never ends and its almost a month after Christmas.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
I just watched it in horror for about 15 minutes and then laughed.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

So, who's going to volunteer watching for 11,111 minutes to see if anything else happens? :unsmigghh:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The play button when right clicking didn't get unchecked for a while.
This means it isn't looping.
:stare:

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

ArfJason posted:

The play button when right clicking didn't get unchecked for a while.
This means it isn't looping.
:stare:

I assume that's because it zooms in at first, then goes in to a loop.

Also, Dirk manges to look the most sinister out of an already pretty sinister stupid looking bunch, with no mouth and no eyes.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
The most interesting thing about this update is that they're all unfazed by the preceding events. Their actions are just so far removed from anything close to resembling logic or coherency.

frozentreasure fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 24, 2013

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
What am I even watching. The irony's just shooting straight over my head here. :negative:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Well, we were all waiting for Gristmas, and... here it is.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
poo poo it's Gristmas son.

...Oh wait, the Alpha session can't actually produce much grist if what Jake talked to Jane about earlier in this overarching act is true. Guess they can only make the tree. I kind of admit I chuckled at Dirk being the only one without a crazed grin.

I'm admittedly waiting for something plot twisty to happen right about now. Maybe Jack Noir finally escaping from prison? But I don't think I would satisfied with an escape if it isn't a sound page animated to the amazing Black remix Noirscape.

Midnight Raider posted:

So, who's going to volunteer watching for 11,111 minutes to see if anything else happens? :unsmigghh:

If I leave the computer running all day while I'm in class and come back home several hours later and it shows something different, will that be enough to satisfy you? :shepicide:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

lotus circle posted:

If I leave the computer running all day while I'm in class and come back home several hours later and it shows something different, will that be enough to satisfy you? :shepicide:

11111 minutes is 7 days, 17 hours and 11 minutes.

I think it'd be faster to find a flash decompiler and poke around in the SWF's innards.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

lotus circle posted:

poo poo it's Gristmas son.

...Oh wait, the Alpha session can't actually produce much grist if what Jake talked to Jane about earlier in this overarching act is true. Guess they can only make the tree.

Of course, if they make everything out of negative grist that's a whole other story. Not that it should matter - Jane apparently insta-killed most of the monsters on her planet so the grist is just sitting there, waiting to be picked up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What the hell is that thing in the upper left?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is incredibly, unthinkably, absurdly, unbelievably, stupendously, ridiculously, unfathomably, pants-on-head-spoon-in-ear-blowing-spit-bubbles-in-your-high-chair retardedly silly.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Nate RFB posted:

What the hell is that thing in the upper left?

The conksuck boot, of course.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I still have it open in another tab, looping endlessly. I JUST CAN'T STOP LISTENING! :stare:

Seriously though, I'm starting to think Hussie has lost his goddamn mind.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I still have it open in another tab, looping endlessly. I JUST CAN'T STOP LISTENING! :stare:

Same here. :)

I missed Homestuck Gristmas. I kinda hope they do make some more things.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Seriously though, I'm starting to think Hussie has lost his goddamn mind.

What if this is a cry for help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Dirk, no. Don't be an enabler in their quest to be huge tools. :(