Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He was in one of the last issues of Way's Deadpool run then. Deadpool makes fun of him for his old name I think.

vv EDIT: I was just point out that he was back in some comic recently.

IUG fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Being ridiculed for how stupid his old name was" has pretty much been his gimmick since he changed it, hasn't it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

graybook posted:

These days, he's known as The Trapster.

Also he made an appearance in Amazing Spider-Man 700.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Metal Loaf posted:

"Being ridiculed for how stupid his old name was" has pretty much been his gimmick since he changed it, hasn't it?

Generally, yeah. It either leads to the dude showing up whoever was making fun of him, or him getting utterly trounced, depending on the writer's attitude about the guy. I think the last appearance he had in Deadpool was the former.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

someone else posted the portions inbetween "take off your pants" and the daily bugle picture on imgur, it's just...wonderful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Marvel is rapidly becoming one of my favorite characters. I hope Hickman uses her plenty in Avengers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dick Trauma posted:

The Super-Adaptoid? :psyduck:

It's like some barrel of old toys and comic books never tire of digging down to the bottom to see what's there. Now someone's going to post that Nuklo is in the Avengers. One of the many Avengers, like Avengers Des Moines.

gently caress that. You want obscure fuckin' Ulysses Archer appears in the same series. I want Marvel to give Hyperactive more work.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

graybook posted:

These days, he's known as The Trapster.

And by these days you mean everything after his second appearance. So, since 1964.

But he'll never live that name down...

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Random Stranger posted:

And by these days you mean everything after his second appearance. So, since 1964.

But he'll never live that name down...

Even 20 years later he was referenced in Spider-Ham comics as Paste Pot Peep. It's just a more memorable name than "The Trapster."

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Len posted:

gently caress that. You want obscure fuckin' Ulysses Archer appears in the same series. I want Marvel to give Hyperactive more work.

As US-Ace. Half way through their trip from Earth to Thanos' hangout they stop off at his parent's Space-Truck Stop to refuel. :3

"HULK NOT WANT PICTURES ON INTERWEBS!"

God, I love Hulk when he's like that... Bone dumb but still in possession of relevant knowledge and sentence structure...

Hmmm... My favorite kind of Hulk and US-Ace. I wonder if I have a comic in which they both - AVENGERS INFINITY GAUNTLET!

[edit] So... What was the bet/deal that got us all that naked Tony & Hulk?

KayTee fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 20, 2013

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

KayTee posted:

[edit] So... What was the bet/deal that got us all that naked Tony & Hulk?

Bruce won a futurist award, which lead to discussions of their particular styles [Tony saying that Bruce can be a bit of a downer, Bruce saying Tony can be flashy and without substance] and when a situation popped up Tony suggested they split into teams headed by him and Bruce to resolve it, and the loser pays 100k. Bruce says he's not exactly a billionaire, so Tony says the loser has to walk naked from the tower to the mansion. Technically neither of them fulfill the terms of the bet, leading to that ending [But mostly because everyone was having a lot of fun screwing with them].

That entire little story arc from Avengers Assemble 9-11 is solid gold, and everyone should check it out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Edit: poo poo, beaten

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Love the expression on Black Adam's face. Never knew that MM fought dirty. Headbutting some dude in his Billy Batsons is just mean man. Almost as bad as the THOOM kick Cage gave to Spiderwoman a few years back.

World War 3 #4

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Christmas with Hawkeye

Hawkeye #6

The look on his face when he says "Is there maybe an... arrow... stickin' out of it?" really gets me laughing.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.
That issue was literally the perfectest Christmas comic.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Adam Strange posted:

That issue was literally the perfectest Christmas comic.

Don't you mean "joyousest Kwanzaa"?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Love the expression on Black Adam's face. Never knew that MM fought dirty. Headbutting some dude in his Billy Batsons is just mean man. Almost as bad as the THOOM kick Cage gave to Spiderwoman a few years back.

World War 3 #4

Unless there's something else I don't know about you're thinking of Electra

I don't know what issue this is from but I'm pretty sure it's either Secret Avengers or New Avengers.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Unless there's something else I don't know about you're thinking of Electra

I don't know what issue this is from but I'm pretty sure it's either Secret Avengers or New Avengers.

It was New Avengers. Pretty sure it was a Secret Invasion tie-in issue.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

LightsGameraAction posted:

It was New Avengers. Pretty sure it was a Secret Invasion tie-in issue.

Not tie-in per se - that was the better part of a year before the event - but that was where the buildup started.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gotta love that even members of The Hand are losing their poo poo over the loving field goal Luke just kicked.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Why was Electra wearing MC Hammer pants?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Wade Wilson posted:

The Skrulls used 90s videotapes when creating the clones.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Wade Wilson posted:

She isn't. She's wearing a dress.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
Lurked these threads enough, it's about time I contribute.

Rebels #3 (an Elfquest spin-off). The human characters are basically military academy dropouts who manage to steal an experimental espionage vessel. At the end of the previous issue, they have to stop in an empty chunk of space to dig a tracking device out of the engine, and of course they detect a military interceptor barreling in on them once the engine is in a dozen pieces on the floor. There's a mad scramble to reassemble it, and then...

To this day, this is my go-to reference to explain what I learn in engineering school.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
From this week's A+X 4

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Soonmot posted:

From this week's A+X 4

An' I don' wanna talk to no psionicist. Y'all muties lyin', and getting me pissed!

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
So I went in search of this Stark/Banner bet, and you should all be ashamed for not posting the following.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 24, 2013

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Thor brings another god to this infinite library of the gods to find it under attack and on fire. While he runs off, the librarian and the other god are hanging out watching the fire.

Thor: God of Thunder 004

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

BrainWeasel posted:

Lurked these threads enough, it's about time I contribute.

Rebels #3 (an Elfquest spin-off). The human characters are basically military academy dropouts who manage to steal an experimental espionage vessel. At the end of the previous issue, they have to stop in an empty chunk of space to dig a tracking device out of the engine, and of course they detect a military interceptor barreling in on them once the engine is in a dozen pieces on the floor. There's a mad scramble to reassemble it, and then...

To this day, this is my go-to reference to explain what I learn in engineering school.

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/where.asp

To contribute, Black Adam - The Dark Age 6. His magic word was changed by Captain Marvel in 52 and he's been trying to guess it for a while.

Iggles fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 24, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wolverine and the X-Men #24 is so good you guys, it's pretty much hilarious cover-to-cover (except for a couple of serious parts). Here, have a taste:

"...it's randomly hook up with each other." - the end of Quire's thought bubble from the next page.

I laughed uncontrollably at that second-to-last panel for a solid minute.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 24, 2013

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

I can't be the only one seeing this, can I??

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TwoPair posted:

Wolverine and the X-Men #24 is so good you guys, it's pretty much hilarious cover-to-cover (except for a couple of serious parts). Here, have a taste:

The facial expressions in this issue were kinda exaggerated all around.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Captain Capacitor posted:

So I went in search of this Stark/Banner bet, and you should all be ashamed for not posting the following.

Ahem :colbert:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That lettering actually looks incredibly familiar.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Sorry :( This thread's the only way I know what comics are good to read, so shame on me for not picking up this series sooner.

This series also got me to read She-Hulk, which I'm loving for it's Law And Order: Meta Humans Unit feel. :doink:

Also, Abomination, the metagoon.

(She-Hulk V2 #15)

VVV This was from March 2007, so I'm not entirely sure.

Captain Capacitor fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 24, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So regular, not-rick-jones abomination is back?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

FF Vol. 2 #3

internet jerks :doom:

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Oh man, I don't want to scan it since it came out yesterday but Mars Attacks the Transformers has some great pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Captain Capacitor posted:

Sorry :( This thread's the only way I know what comics are good to read, so shame on me for not picking up this series sooner.

This series also got me to read She-Hulk, which I'm loving for it's Law And Order: Meta Humans Unit feel. :doink:

Also, Abomination, the metagoon.

(She-Hulk V2 #15)

VVV This was from March 2007, so I'm not entirely sure.

Bill?

• Locked thread