Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

VogeGandire posted:

He looks like the loving evolutionary missing link.

I'm afraid I don't see the resemblance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I knew at least one of you was going to make that joke.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's because Bo Dallas is only 22 so he's got a long time to go.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Happy Happyist posted:

I don't understand WWE's fascination with Bo Dallas. They seem to go on about what a heartthrob and future star he is, but the dude looks like a total creeper and there are tons of new talent that are better than him. I guess if this was the 70s or 80s it'd be a different story.

He is IRS's kid, his uncles are the Windhams, and his grandfather is Blackjack Mulligan.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

BillyMays posted:

He is IRS's kid, his uncles are the Windhams, and his grandfather is Blackjack Mulligan.

Also his brother is Husky Harris Bray Wyatt, so maybe they're hoping they'll hit on something with Bo that'll 'click' and he'll be awesome.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

January 23, 2013

Part 1 Cesaro vs. Ryback
Part 2 Usos vs. Scholars

January 23, 2013

HBK promo
Wyatt Family vs. Percy Tatsu
Backstage with Dusty, Derrick, A-Ri, and Corey Graves
Sasha Banks vs. Alicia Fox
Paige vignette
Aksana interview (with Renee Paquette!!!)
Conor O'Brien vignette (yay Conor!)
Corey Graves vs. Jake Carter
3MB vs. Neville & Grey
Big E vs. Axl Keegan

Holy poo poo the NXT ring announcer is terrible. And so is Alex Riley. Good show otherwise though!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 24, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VogeGandire posted:

Well, to be fair, the difference between Regal and Lawler is at least Paige is above the age of consent.

And at least it's ONLY Paige. While Lawler has to ruin any segment with any remotely attractive woman involved at all.

It would be real nice for a female wrestler to brutally and violently assault Lawler, Regal and Nigel and make it clear to them to only watch them as a wrestler and not a sex object. Because it's annoying. And it'd be annoying if it was a female play by play constantly talking about a male wrestler. It isn't interesting colour commentary. It isn't valuable colour commentary. It's a waste of colour commentary.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It would be real nice for a female wrestler to brutally and violently assault Lawler, Regal and Nigel and make it clear to them to only watch them as a wrestler and not a sex object. Because it's annoying. And it'd be annoying if it was a female play by play constantly talking about a male wrestler. It isn't interesting colour commentary. It isn't valuable colour commentary. It's a waste of colour commentary.
Both RAW announcers are a waste of commentary, what are you getting at?

I love that Regal is putting over Paige though, and only Paige. It makes her stand out a little more, especially with approval from William Regal.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
There are some things I don't understand.

1) Was Tyson Kidd's appearance on NXT filmed right before he got injured?

2) How do NXT and Saturday Morning Slam work as shows for the live crowd? Presumably no one goes to a half-hour or hour-long live show; I suppose they have another hour or two of dark matches?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It would be real nice for a female wrestler to brutally and violently assault Lawler, Regal and Nigel and make it clear to them to only watch them as a wrestler and not a sex object.
Terrible idea; the Heart Punch is an awful finisher.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Flameingblack posted:

Both RAW announcers are a waste of commentary, what are you getting at?

I love that Regal is putting over Paige though, and only Paige. It makes her stand out a little more, especially with approval from William Regal.

Or people just chalk it up to being a Brit thing and it doesn't get her over at all.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Halloween Jack posted:

There are some things I don't understand.

1) Was Tyson Kidd's appearance on NXT filmed right before he got injured?

2) How do NXT and Saturday Morning Slam work as shows for the live crowd? Presumably no one goes to a half-hour or hour-long live show; I suppose they have another hour or two of dark matches?
NXT tapes about 4 weeks at a time once a month, so yes, it was taped before his injury.

They tape SMS/Main Event/Superstars before Smackdown or Raw.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
...Oh. I thought there was enough SMS-specific decoration that it must be a house show, but I guess it's basically just some banners and green lighting effects, huh?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That Corkscrew SSP was prettier than last week's, Oliver Grey looks pretty good too. I like how Drew moves around like he is wasted after a rock concert

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

drat do I love NXT. It has quickly become a must see show. I mean I'm watching an Alicia Fox match and actually being impressed. NXT truly brings the best out of people.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

achillesforever6 posted:

That Corkscrew SSP was prettier than last week's, Oliver Grey looks pretty good too. I like how Drew moves around like he is wasted after a rock concert

I actually enjoyed Grey working Heath's arm more than the corkscrew SSP. Keeping it through a body slam and judo toss and poo poo was just really nice.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
How does Dusty not know how to hum that circus theme properly?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Also I love Derrick Bateman ruining a "serious" promo by making circus music and Dusty gets :buddy: about it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Usual raft of NXT thoughts as I watch.

- The Dustytron got bigger, I like it.
- NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS!! TOURNAMENT!! I'm excited now.
- I have named Yoshi and Percy "OhaiyOHYEAH!"
- Dusty's booking the tournament after it starts?
- Oh christ I choked on my dinner at Regal's line about Sasha Banks' family.
- Alicia Fox does great suplexes.
- Aksana vs Paige next week, finally a true test of Paige's ability to carry someone.
- OH BOY CONOR O' BRIAN IS BACK! ASCENSION LIVES!!
- I'm pretty sure they don't want Corey Graves sparking mass squealing among the female NXT crew.
- The 13th Step is the best submission finisher in WWE. Christ it looks painful.
- The what chant has infected NXT. gently caress.
- Holy poo poo how much did Neville bounce off that moonsault! I'm calling the finals of this as those 2 vs Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
- So we're caught up enough with WWE continuity that Big E is in with Ziggler now, still over as gently caress.
- Oh man, Conor O'Brian vs Big E for the title!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Oh my. Corey Graves' old ring name was Sterling James Keenan. His finisher is the Thirteenth Step.

:aaaaa:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 24, 2013

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

My man Percy needs to get himself a better tag team partner I feel. Yoshi is holding him back. Derrick Bateman would be good I think.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Holy poo poo the NXT ring announcer is terrible. And so is Alex Riley. Good show otherwise though!

I was the only one who commented on it so I thought I was alone in this. She's probably the worst ring announcer I've ever heard.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

VogeGandire posted:

Oh my. Corey Graves' old ring name was Sterling James Keenan. His finisher is the Thirteenth Step.

:aaaaa:

I like the 13th step as his finisher. Although I kinda wish he'd retained his old indie finisher, the MK Ultra.

Can kind of understand why they said no, though, I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHmhbfMBVEI

Head-drops ahoy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I like the 13th step as his finisher. Although I kinda wish he'd retained his old indie finisher, the MK Ultra.

Head-drops ahoy.

That's not a head-drop, that's a concerted effort to ensure the other guy never walks again.

Anyway, the joke was that his name was Sterling James Keenan after Maynard James Keenan, the vocalist of A Perfect Circle, who have an album named The Thirteenth Step. :spergin:

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 24, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was the only one who commented on it so I thought I was alone in this. She's probably the worst ring announcer I've ever heard.

There's absolutely no sense of gravitas or importance - at best she's monotone, and at worst she sounds kind of confused. I assume she's pretty or something, though I can't actually recall ever having seen her on camera.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

There's absolutely no sense of gravitas or importance - at best she's monotone, and at worst she sounds kind of confused. I assume she's pretty or something, though I can't actually recall ever having seen her on camera.

She sounds either confused or happy, neither of which are good things for ring announcers, especially when announcing people like the Wyatt Family and Corey Graves.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

She sounds either confused or happy, neither of which are good things for ring announcers, especially when announcing people like the Wyatt Family and Corey Graves.

Just let the Wyatt Family invoke the Road Dogg Rule and let Bray introduce them.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

looks like the 13th step is a reverse figure four.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Pershi Tatson

Thank you for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

That's not a head-drop, that's a concerted effort to ensure the other guy never walks again.

Anyway, the joke was that his name was Sterling James Keenan after Maynard James Keenan, the vocalist of A Perfect Circle, who have an album named The Thirteenth Step. :spergin:
The first name is after his favorite NFL player Sterling Sharpe and the second part is indeed after Maynard

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

VogeGandire posted:

It's a back bump. Granted, it's really high-angle, but it's still just a back bump.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Cromulent posted:

It's a back bump. Granted, it's really high-angle, but it's still just a back bump.

Yeah, but it's so high-angle, if he's even a few centimetres out, they're taking it straight on the point of the neck. Plus, if he's significantly taller than the person he does it to, it's going to be even worse.

Generally, no bad don't do poo poo like that ever.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Head-drops ahoy.

So... it's a vertebreaker but even more unsafe due to the legs being lower?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You guys have never seen the Jig 'n Tonic before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RRyGCiPOFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-CIpaz_r-U

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Summer Rae is bad at ring announcing and is kind of... generically pretty I guess. She looks like what you'd get if you fused Kelly Kelly and Michelle McCool into one person.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Suben posted:

Summer Rae is bad at ring announcing and is kind of... generically pretty I guess. She looks like what you'd get if you fused Kelly Kelly and Michelle McCool into one person.

Ha, I didn't even realize it was Summer. She's probably better off in a "bitchy manager" position or something.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

404GoonNotFound posted:

So... it's a vertebreaker but even more unsafe due to the legs being lower?

If you basically stuff your face into his taint, you'll totally be safe! :eng101:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Breaking news everyone!! There will be a tournament soon among the NXT superstars, and the winner will go on to enter the Royal Rumble!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlMgG6Ug-TM

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

See, this is the kind of poo poo NXT SHOULD be doing. Great idea.

I hope it's Kassius.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VogeGandire posted:

See, this is the kind of poo poo NXT SHOULD be doing. Great idea.

I hope it's Kassius.

But Kassius isn't in this tournament. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

drat it all. That's what I get for posting before watching.

Then I pick Luke Harper. Although Xavier Woods should get a spot just for his enthusiasm :3:

• Locked thread