Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't have a problem with this one at all. The title is legible, and the graphical elements support it well. Using flags instead of a globe to symbolize the world is a nice way to show that humanity is not a unified force, whereas we can see from the poster that the zombies are. Then there's the tilt, which adds a bit of tension to the poster and reinforces the idea that the world has gone awry.

And the story is an anthology complied by a UN dispatch, so it kind of has a nice feeling of being a cover sheet for the final report (although the movie isn't doing it that way). Actually would make for a nice custom dust cover for the book too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I actually dig this one:

That whole selection isn't terrible for fan-made posters, but this is the only one I'd admit to actually liking.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

tliil posted:

This one would be SO much better if the background was just Mount Doom / Sauron's Eye Tower thingy. As it is it misses the whole point of the LOTR trilogy and Frodo's mission.

It depicts a moment in the film though? When Aragorn and Company get the attention of Sauron's eye, and he sends his hordes to go get em', still unaware Frodo is almost at the Mountain.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

mind the walrus posted:

I swear it feels like I'm the only nerd alive who doesn't masturbate to a copy of World War Z, and I loving love good zombie stories.

Even when I was in my awkward, monkey cheese zombie-obsessed phase back in college, I thought World War Z was mediocre.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
http://www.cabelas.com/handgun-ammunition-hornady-zombie-max-handgun-ammunition.shtml

Zombies have got to be the stupidest pop culture phenomenon ever.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/12/06/long-island-man-shoots-girlfriend-over-the-walking-dead-post-apocalyptic-style/

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Alternatively: anything that becomes so overplayed is tedious and grating.
There is something inherently terrifying about the concept of zombies, they've just lost their mystique due to over saturation. Every goes through phases.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Zombies are completely overdone, and werewolves and especially vampires are ruined forever.

Meanwhile, Kaiju and Creatures from Lagoons just sit there being completely unutilized. Kaiju better be the next big thing.

:colbert:

It's been well over a decade since Roland Emmerich ruined Godzilla in the US. It's about time some nerdwank director like Joss Whedon do that poo poo justice.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 24, 2013

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Meanwhile, Kaiju and Creatures from Lagoons just sit there being completely unutilized. Kaiju better be the next big thing.

I can get behind this.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Zombies are completely overdone, and werewolves and especially vampires are ruined forever.

It's been well over a decade since Roland Emmerich ruined Godzilla in the US. It's about time some nerdwank director like Joss Whedon do that poo poo justice.

Here's hoping Pacific Rim is good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The guy who made Monsters is making a new Godzilla movie. And Pacific Rim is all Kaiju all the time.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So the tips on these sold out zombie bullets are green. Is that it? Because that's all I can tell that's any different.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Meanwhile, Creatures from Lagoons just sit there being completely unutilized.

I would give up a foot for a serious burst of enthusiasm in lagoon creatures, muck men, and swamp things.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

penismightier posted:

I would give up a foot for a serious burst of enthusiasm in lagoon creatures, muck men, and swamp things.

I'm seriously amazed we haven't already seen this resurgence, it all seems so obvious.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Swamp men aren't sexy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Swamp men aren't sexy.

Says you.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SRM posted:

So the tips on these sold out zombie bullets are green. Is that it? Because that's all I can tell that's any different.

And they're usually cheaper (but that was before the gun buy craze).

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

So what you're saying is make Kaiju Big Battel into a movie?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
They have a free event in my city in a couple weeks. How have I not heard of this before?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Speaking of Kaiju and Pacific Rim, I really like the posters for that film:

Though that might just be me liking the design of the Jaegers. I do like that they absolutely dominate every poster for this film. Gives it this feeling of "This thing is just as dangerous as the monsters it's supposed to fight."

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Lagoons and their creatures are fine but personally I'd like some good Sasquatch movies.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ez posted:

Lagoons and their creatures are fine but personally I'd like some good Sasquatch movies.

They already made The Geek, though. There's nowhere to go from there.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
All the talk about Pacific Rim makes me feel like it's some nerd poo poo that completely passed me by. Is it something to do with the Power Rangers or what?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Wouldn't a Power Rangers movie have Power Rangers in the title?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

joedevola posted:

All the talk about Pacific Rim makes me feel like it's some nerd poo poo that completely passed me by. Is it something to do with the Power Rangers or what?

Big robots punching big aliens in the face. It's basically a Toho movie but made with an American budget.

edit: Wait that makes it sound like Emmerich's Godzilla, just forget I said anything.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Mister Chief posted:

Wouldn't a Power Rangers movie have Power Rangers in the title?

To be fair, it does have an awful lot to do with the Power Rangers even if it's not part of the franchise.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
So it's not an adaptation of a previously existing work, is what I'm asking. The way everyone is on it's dick made it seem like it was.

It looks like fun but I wish Hollywood would just let del Toro make his version of At The Mountains Of Madness. If only to see how he handles the story's insanely racist themes.

On topic:

Good art for a good movie

Decent art for an awful movie

And I dunno...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shanty posted:

To be fair, it does have an awful lot to do with the Power Rangers even if it's not part of the franchise.

Nah, it's basically Evangelion crossed with Godzilla/Cloverfield crossed with a Disaster movie crossed with the G.I. Joe movie.

Power Rangers is somehow even stupider than that, although I mean that as a compliment.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

joedevola posted:

Decent art for an awful movie

Wait, was there actually a Death Star in Pumaman? Because I really don't remember a Death Star.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

joedevola posted:

And I dunno...

That's a pretty sick poster.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wait, was there actually a Death Star in Pumaman? Because I really don't remember a Death Star.

There was that alien Aztec whatever spaceship that shows up at the beginning and end. It didn't look anything like that, but.. it is spherical, at least?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Erebus posted:

There was that alien Aztec whatever spaceship that shows up at the beginning and end. It didn't look anything like that, but.. it is spherical, at least?

Puma Man was also not a blonde He-Man looking fella though, so I guess a few liberties were taken.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Kojiro posted:

Puma Man was also not a blonde He-Man looking fella though, so I guess a few liberties were taken.

Such grace, this Pyoomaman.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

tliil posted:

As it is it misses the whole point of the LOTR trilogy and Frodo's mission.

Not only does it captures the point of the movie (the small folks sneaks by the big folks unnoticed), it almost literally depicts a scene from the movie (Sauron's army marching towards Gondor not knowing that the hobbits are in Mordor climbing the stair).

tliil
Jan 13, 2013
The point of LOTR is that individual bravery counts for a lot more than who has the bigger army. The poster shows a big army. The big army isn't important.

But apparently a lot of people miss the point of LOTR so enjoy your poster I guess.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

tliil posted:

The point of LOTR is that individual bravery counts for a lot more than who has the bigger army. The poster shows a big army. The big army isn't important.

But apparently a lot of people miss the point of LOTR so enjoy your poster I guess.

Yeah, that's what the poster is showing. The Hobbits are doing their own thing and heading into the most dangerous place in Middle Earth while the big army is distracted. The big army is really loving important.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

tliil posted:

The point of LOTR is that individual bravery counts for a lot more than who has the bigger army.

This is precisely what the poster is showing.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

joedevola posted:

And I dunno...

I like this one.

Is quite better than the original.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

tliil posted:

Then Gollum is individual as gently caress.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Desperado Bones posted:

I like this one.

Is quite better than the original.

i like that the original implies that David McCallum's carcass was eaten by a pack of dogs. David McCallum.... in dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

tliil posted:

The point of LOTR is that individual bravery counts for a lot more than who has the bigger army.

Makes you wonder why the movie constantly showed that the ones with the biggest army would win the battle then.