Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shaggar posted:

fascists gotta get their cut I guess

fasc-ism is a school of belief wherein an axe quarters values split (by an axe), to be employed to discover why. the foil therin lies in thevery implement whitch it splits, and should require further explanation into this hypothetical. x([sapience/x]*[sentience/why])/why(x) is a very dehumanizing formula for deciphering recurring phenomena forcefully governed by devices controlled by human input. why would an individual initially accept the understanding divisor inevitably partitioning its true self from his and/or her once innominable and immortal unity in the first place? a fractal sentience required a transaction to split it from the initial unity, implicating a possible answer to why person/1 should never again attain indivisibility upon concordance to quantification through arbitrary field and value without first being divided by 0.

you're basically consenting to individual atomic division into tangential quanta at this point, and this creates a slippery slope governed by further machinations of an objectifying inorganic structure which causes an exponential variable in the one's own voluntary control inputs!

i believe trains are likely the problem around which the artificial solution was preconstructed. model trains are therefore the most likely solution to solving this pressing issue of fascism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Metal Pink Babble posted:

fasc-ism is a school of belief wherein an axe quarters values split (by an axe), to be employed to discover why. the foil therin lies in thevery implement whitch it splits, and should require further explanation into this hypothetical. x([sapience/x]*[sentience/why])/why(x) is a very dehumanizing formula for deciphering recurring phenomena forcefully governed by devices controlled by human input. why would an individual initially accept the understanding divisor inevitably partitioning its true self from his and/or her once innominable and immortal unity in the first place? a fractal sentience required a transaction to split it from the initial unity, implicating a possible answer to why person/1 should never again attain indivisibility upon concordance to quantification through arbitrary field and value without first being divided by 0.

you're basically consenting to individual atomic division into tangential quanta at this point, and this creates a slippery slope governed by further machinations of an objectifying inorganic structure which causes an exponential variable in the one's own voluntary control inputs!

i believe trains are likely the problem around which the artificial solution was preconstructed. model trains are therefore the most likely solution to solving this pressing issue of fascism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

thanks zizek

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

thanks, now i have schizophrenia

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

HO scale being the most effective for anti-fascist purposes

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

flyboi posted:

dude's an entrepreneur and ceo who has been on ted

yup, he's figured out kickstarter is breeding grounds for free VC & ceo bonuses

see this right here is the problem with kickstarter

it has nothing to do with these laff-tastic failures of campaigns that end miserably, there's no real medium in-between

someone gets to realize their dream come true then realize nobody wants their lovely product, so it goes nowhere

the smart people with money realize they can use it as a free means to have a business plan to present to real funders to make mad loving bank and poo poo all over the process in the meantime
ian are you reading this

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Naw there was a pre-alpha bit of video of someone chasing another ship in an asteroid field and it looked to be 'proper' airplane controls as far as I could tell.

<edit>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5JYRyhxYhI
closest i ever came to getting motion sickness

cool

Al! posted:

thanks zizek
lollllll

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
several contacts on social media sites have encouraged me to donate to this web series being filmed in my city and tbh it's probably not worthless and people who are into it will probably enjoy it etc and it will be a rewarding experience for everyone involved but i just don't understand it or cosplay or dungeons and dragons in general so i am nominating it like a schoolyard bully looking for approval from his fearful, conformist peers.

http://www.pozible.com/project/13804

quote:

$A250+ Reward
Level 16 Utility - Elegy of the Undefeated

A special photo-shoot with photographer, Annie Benham.

She'll snap you in your favourite Cosplay, or climbing a tree, or however you would like to be. After, you'll get two high-quality prints and a DVD of a selection of the images to do with as you please.

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jonnty posted:

i remember watching a documentary about the customs at dover and whenever they decided someone coming back from france had "too much" wine and it might not be just for them they seized all the wine and the car and everything inside it. ouch.

they can also do the same thing (including seizing your car) if a customs officer considers anything on your person or hard drive to be "obscene material", including actual national newspapers published in the uk. the judgement of what is obscene is entirely the decision of the customs officer and you have no right to appeal or judicial review.

basically customs are the thought police right-wing fruitloops claim exist in the uk but they never complain about them because they think they keep foreigns out.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

goddamnedtwisto posted:

basically customs are the thought police right-wing fruitloops claim exist in the uk but they never complain about them because they think they keep foreigns out.

but hmrc (seizing your car cause you had a copy of nuts in your glovebox) is separate from the ukba (keeping out dirty foreigners) and its also a branch of the treasury (takin your hard-earned pounds sterling and giving it to aforementioned dirty foreigners) so youd think theyd be all over it

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Jonnty posted:

i remember watching a documentary about the customs at dover and whenever they decided someone coming back from france had "too much" wine and it might not be just for them they seized all the wine and the car and everything inside it. ouch.

i took the ferry from dover and the british officer in the customs house gave a little speech with instructions in the most atrocious french possible

"eel fot donay muah la passport"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

they can also do the same thing (including seizing your car) if a customs officer considers anything on your person or hard drive to be "obscene material", including actual national newspapers published in the uk.

good, Sun readers should get their goods confiscated

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

WorkingPeer posted:

but hmrc (seizing your car cause you had a copy of nuts in your glovebox) is separate from the ukba (keeping out dirty foreigners) and its also a branch of the treasury (takin your hard-earned pounds sterling and giving it to aforementioned dirty foreigners) so youd think theyd be all over it

yeah but its her majestys revenue and customs and you cant argue about the queen

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

yeah but its her majestys revenue and customs and you cant argue about the queen

yeah i guess and their flag looks legit

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

WorkingPeer posted:

these people aren't the deepest of thinkers

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

also this

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

WorkingPeer posted:

yeah i guess and their flag looks legit

I can get behind putting a connect four board on a flag

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

pretty sneaky, queen.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus4994 posted:

I can get behind putting a connect four board on a flag

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

maniacdevnull posted:

pretty sneaky, queen.

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer
Connect 4 has a bigger grid.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

good, Sun readers should get their goods confiscated

the Sun is basically an obscenity and page 3 is not the reason for that

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Thumbquat posted:

Connect 4 has a bigger grid.

drat, now the joke is ruined forever

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

drat, now the joke is ruined forever

:thejoke:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i read recently that illegal immigrants are now paying to be smuggled out of the uk because of how much more demanding employers are for identity papers etc

really makes u think

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

reminder that the head of the EDL is currently in prison in the uk for travelling with false documents

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

reminder that the head of the EDL is currently in prison in the uk for travelling with false documents

to america of all places

my impression of american immigration is that they will gently caress you up at any opportunity

they also charge you for the privilege in some places

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Metrication posted:

to america of all places

my impression of american immigration is that they will gently caress you up at any opportunity

have to protect american culture from corruption by immigrants.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

pretty sneaky, liz.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

the verge posted:

The Pebble smartwatch is finally shipping. It's been a long journey to this point, but despite some lingering "kinks and issues" that will be ironed out soon, the company is today dispatching the first wave of watches to its earliest Kickstarter backers. Unfortunately the total number of shipments is lower than Pebble first anticipated; less than 500 watches are going out today. Why the small figure? As it races to move outbound units to its fulfillment center, Pebble says the process has been "held up by documentation at the airport."

There's also a bit of bad news for iPhone users. It seems the Pebble iOS app won't be available for download as these initial shipments arrive. "We submitted 2 weeks ago and have been responding to reviewer feedback," reads an update on Kickstarter posted today. To be clear, you'll still have access to all of Pebble's core functionality like notification alerts and music controls. But you won't be able to install new watchfaces or firmware updates until Apple gives Pebble the stamp of approval. The Android app will be available in Google Play as planned tomorrow.

"yeah, uh, they're stuck in customs youll get them eventually" -sketchbag ebay seller, pebblesmartwatch inc.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Metrication posted:

to america of all places

ya its much better in canada when you can just pay them 800,00 and you're in scott free. none of the bullshit or pretense

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

WorkingPeer posted:

you won't be able to install new watchfaces or firmware updates until Apple gives Pebble the stamp of approval. The Android app will be available in Google Play as planned tomorrow.

:smug:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
opple. opple stamp the pobble. come on opple. stamp the approbble

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Dr. Honked posted:

opple. opple stamp the pobble. come on opple. stamp the approbble

opple timp stamp the popple

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Dr. Honked posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/philhassey/galcon-2-galactic-conquest

stupid bad game. its a flash game i think? there's a really disproportionate number of high value backers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7lxA8GHdo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
wash

that

goat

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

that video's so quirky, ill totally fork over my own hard-earned pounds sterling for some lovely game because of it! :iamafag:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Metrication posted:

to america of all places

political_post.jpg

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

political_post.jpg

i miss suck.com

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/108259147/game-of-inches