Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
ENGAGING BROADCAST :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Random Stranger posted:

Thanks to Game Center CX I have now discovered the greatest game ever made:

They even have tiny cameras on the front of the train so you can see from its perspective as it goes around the track!

I don't think I can fully express how hilarious this thing is. Like, it's probably an amazing toy and I'd have loved to have had one as a kid, but... you're projecting yourself into a tiny, little train and choo-chooing in circles around a lilliputian city!

Edit: Oh, it's an arcade game, huh? I thought it was some kind of model train set you built.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 22, 2013

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Time_pants posted:

Edit: Oh, it's an arcade game, huh? I thought it was some kind of model train set you built.
Everything else you said still stands.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zari-gani posted:

I should mention that I'm on board the Retro Game Challenge 2 translation team now.

I'm late to the party on congratulating you. I hope this game gives you more text breathing room than Super Monkey!

Random Stranger posted:

They even have tiny cameras on the front of the train so you can see from its perspective as it goes around the track!

How much is it to ship a 1500lbs 4mx3mx2m box from Japan overseas? I'm...just wondering.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Random Stranger posted:

A friend of mine linked me to this video of the game. The diorama needs to be bigger. :/

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just catching up on my rather large backlog of GCCX and just watched the Balloon Fight Nintendo Channel episode. I'm a little taken back by how charming Iwata is, I don't know much about him but he comes across as very non-threatening, almost adorable.

I also watched the Pokemon special and the SAGCCX version of the Steel Battalion episode. Both these episodes have plenty of interview content which I really enjoyed. I sort of wish there were more interviews in the later episodes of the show.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Xik posted:

I'm just catching up on my rather large backlog of GCCX and just watched the Balloon Fight Nintendo Channel episode. I'm a little taken back by how charming Iwata is, I don't know much about him but he comes across as very non-threatening, almost adorable.

I also watched the Pokemon special and the SAGCCX version of the Steel Battalion episode. Both these episodes have plenty of interview content which I really enjoyed. I sort of wish there were more interviews in the later episodes of the show.

Funny you should mention those two things, because they kinda intersect:

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/

Iwata regularly conducts interviews with the developers of many of their first-party games (and the occasional third-party game); these interviews began with the launch of the Wii, but there's plenty of insight into the history of their older games, too.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It took about 4 or 5 pages to decipher but people already figured it out in the previous GCCX thread.

Edit: The intro sound clip.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Dang, that's twice now I missed those pins. I need to keep up with this thread more :(

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Iwata is extremely charismatic and clearly has a pretty good head on his shoulders.

Whether he will be as good a leader as the Dark Lord Yamauchi remains to be seen.

Still more fun to listen to than the heads of Sony or MS though, that's for sure (ironic, given that I could give a gently caress about the 3ds or Wii/U right now, but I do like Iwata more :v:)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The perfect response:

https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/294215323840811008

Cheatum
Sep 2, 2011
There's a new Nintendo Channel episode with Arino playing the Wii U VC version of Balloon Fight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_pZyL1YWvV0#!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Cheatum posted:

There's a new Nintendo Channel episode with Arino playing the Wii U VC version of Balloon Fight.

Great new video. I hope he learned enough from Iwata last time.

Loved the look of Producer Kan's Mii!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 24, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Cheatum posted:

Did they do proper hair and make-up on him for the first time ever for the sake of HD? Also this will be translated ASAP.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Every time this thread gets bumped I secretly hope the Spelunker episode that was teased a few pages ago was finally out. Every time I'm disappointed :(

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Every time this thread gets bumped I secretly hope the Spelunker episode that was teased a few pages ago was finally out. Every time I'm disappointed :(

Didn't Spelunker just get released on DVD? I can't imagine they'd translate something so soon after it's released.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Andorra posted:

Didn't Spelunker just get released on DVD? I can't imagine they'd translate something so soon after it's released.

Aww hell. Well at least I can stop hoping!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Andorra posted:

Yep, it was released only a month ago. DVD-exclusive challenges are low priority, too -- unlike the TV broadcasts and Nintendo Channel stuff, the DVDs are something overseas fans can purchase to support the show so we try not to touch those, especially the newer releases.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 24, 2013

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

zari-gani posted:

Did they do proper hair and make-up on him for the first time ever for the sake of HD? Also this will be translated ASAP.

I look forward to the translated release in full 1080p. (hint hint)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Actually, I think they finally started getting a grip on it on season 11. But those first HD episodes drove me nuts:

I loved that he pointed out the ratty sections of the room. We've already seen how badly you guys keep the walls in seasons 9 and 10, Arino. :v:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, I think they finally started getting a grip on it on season 11.

Then they paid extra care for this episode, because the amount of hair gel and lipstick is hard to ignore.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Arino so pretty :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Then they paid extra care for this episode, because the amount of hair gel and lipstick is hard to ignore.

Not to mention visible amounts of foundation.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

zari-gani posted:

Wow, that looks terrible. Poor Arino.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Ah, finally, the return of Figure Arino!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

zari-gani posted:

Kacho... on?

It's both incredibly disturbing and yet incredibly alluring.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Not to mention visible amounts of foundation.

Maybe that's for the best. It's weird when they leave his acne completely untouched. This is from Season 15 by the way.

Though it does add to the super-low-budget charm.

Cemetry Gator posted:

It's both incredibly disturbing and yet incredibly alluring.

That terrible shade of pink makes me think they didn't hire a make-up artist and just used something straight out of a female staff member's purse as an afterthought.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 25, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I just realized something: watch out for goons on the episode of GCCX airing tonight in Japan. They've got footage of the murder mystery event from last month that will be part of the show. I don't know if anyone got caught on camera but I'll be keeping an eye out during those segments.

zari-gani posted:

Maybe that's for the best. It's weird when they leave his acne completely untouched. This is from Season 15 by the way.

I think it's because they know his stubble is going to show through. :v:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

So, Arino died so they covered him in makeup and are Weekend at Bernies-ing all the episodes from now on? Stay on the lookout for an AD puppeteering him at the edge of the screen

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I just realized something: watch out for goons on the episode of GCCX airing tonight in Japan. They've got footage of the murder mystery event from last month that will be part of the show. I don't know if anyone got caught on camera but I'll be keeping an eye out during those segments.

I think it's because they know his stubble is going to show through. :v:

Are you referring to Yoshi's Island part 2? I would love to see some footage of that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

zari-gani posted:

Though it does add to the super-low-budget charm.

That terrible shade of pink makes me think they didn't hire a make-up artist and just used something straight out of a female staff member's purse as an afterthought.

I really wonder if Arino did it himself. I've seen talk on GnT and Suberanai Hanashi about comedians doing their own makeup(Yamasaki has a Hello Kitty makeup kit which is so totally a thing Yamasaki would have) so it makes me wonder if Arino caught a replay, didn't like what he saw and decided to glam it up.

Regardless, there's no way it's a pro and it makes sense given that the show can't possibly have the budget for a makeup person for a show where maybe 3 people appear on-screen per show and only one for any significant amount of time

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

zari-gani posted:

It's weird when they leave his acne completely untouched.

It's weird that his acne is so bad. Arino, you're a grown-rear end man; you've got to wash your face!

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

zari-gani posted:

He's done this for some of the old Nintendo Channel challenges too. Even with the rather bad quality of the videos on Niconico, you could still tell he has makeup on.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

zari-gani posted:

Did Arino join a visual kei band?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

The Muffinlord posted:

It's weird that his acne is so bad. Arino, you're a grown-rear end man; you've got to wash your face!

Wash the shame off your face and try again!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Maybe Arino decided to go back to his rockstar days. Next stop: Game Center CX: The Band! Watch as Arino tries to master pop music. Hear him sing such great songs like "KACHO ON (STRAIGHT TO YOUR HEART)" and "愛の課長" and of course, the perennial favorite "女性ゲームオーバー." Will Tanii be able to produce a hit before he misses the last train? Will producer Kan be able to come up with awesome announcements? Will Kibe be able to write a song that cuts straight to our hearts? Will Inoko MAX learn to dance? Will Arino keep singing the same song for 14 hours because he can't get it right?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

xamphear posted:

Wash the shame off your face and try again!

There truly is nothing more shameful than a man with a greasy face.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Bocc Kob posted:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Bocc Kob posted:

That reminds me. Remember the band he was in when he was 17? Last year, Yoiko was on an episode of Ametalk about comedians that formed their duos in school. Arino and Hamaguchi were in the same band together. Hamaguchi brought up some old unused lyrics Arino wrote. He kept them for a long time, waiting for the right time to unleash them to the world -- "that time is now." Arino completely forgot about them until Hamaguchi brought them out but here they are.

Translation:

From Bygone Days...
by Shinya Arino, age 17
(Words in all caps were originally English)

Real Japanese man DOWN
Your eyes, are they for finding a shapely woman?
Your mouth, is it for seducing that woman?
Your body, is it for doing that woman you seduced?
As long as she's got a hole, you're satisfied?

Pure Japanese woman DOWN
Your brain, does it only ever think about yourself?
Your ears, are they for listening to some arrogant man?
Your legs, are they for opening for a man like that?
As long as he's got a stick, you're satisfied?

Young people these days, are they nobility?
Sponging off parents, buying foreign imports
Surrounded by expensive junk
The people of bygone days are crying
Are you okay with that?
Admiring foreign barbarians
GIVE ME CHOCOLATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Lyrics so deep only a teenager could have written them. Makes me love Arino even more.