Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Defiance Industries posted:

It might seem wrong, but it's just right.

It's just two men sharing each other
It's just two men like loving brothers
One on top and one on bottom
One inside and one is out
One is screaming he's so happy
The other's screaming a passionate shout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Themata posted:

No optimization

Optimization to 29kb

In case anyone wants the altered text:

e:

It's from Community, which is a really cool tv show. :)

This is great! Still have my fingers crossed for Cheeto man fight.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

You got a sweet av out of this. Good work!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

rock2much posted:

This is great! Still have my fingers crossed for Cheeto man fight.

If you want, I can try making one later tonight and see if I can make a decent one fit under 30 kb. :shobon:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

FadingChord posted:

It's just two men sharing each other
It's just two men like loving brothers
One on top and one on bottom
One inside and one is out
One is screaming he's so happy
The other's screaming a passionate shout!

Nightman is probably somewhere in Trollface's ancestry. It'd explain the proclivity for the schticky.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Solomonic posted:

Nightman is probably somewhere in Trollface's ancestry. It'd explain the proclivity for the schticky.

I can see Frank saying "I'm not going to lose a good member because of some gay rabbit and his gay loving duck friend" as well.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The latest page is amazing. Tom and Sylvester's chat could have been several pages longer. Like someone said, this has heavy Pulp Fiction vibes.

I only recently purchased my current avatar, but goddamn I want this.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm going to have to re-read the Neutrals strips to see if Tom and Sylvester's dialogue was always this Achewoodian. I mean, Tom don't dig on jokes about his family. I guess Sylvester forgot that.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Bolverkur posted:

The latest page is amazing. Tom and Sylvester's chat could have been several pages longer. Like someone said, this has heavy Pulp Fiction vibes.

I only recently purchased my current avatar, but goddamn I want this.

I didn't notice the blur lines at first, but now I saw it and had to make this:

this place is a dead
zone. all the trolls are
dead. there is no life
in this place because
all the trolls are dead.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

MAN Defiance got one bad rear end avatar out of all of this. Jeez.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
This is starting to tempt me into buying a TGT avatar...if I didn't swear an oath to make my own to prove my man-hood. :smith:
It came out really nice Fish.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Themata posted:

I didn't notice the blur lines at first, but now I saw it and had to make this:

this place is a dead
zone. all the trolls are
dead. there is no life
in this place because
all the trolls are dead.

Wow! That is amazing! I'll be shelling out :10bux: for that! What is the quote referring to, though? Is it directly from TGT? :downs:

VVVVVV

I am loving retarded. My excuses include (but are not limited to): Reading it too fast, not re-reading it, the page was too exciting/intense/amazing/well done/shocking.

:downswords:

Bolverkur fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 25, 2013

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

Wow! That is amazing! I'll be shelling out :10bux: for that! What is the quote referring to, though? Is it directly from TGT? :downs:

It was on the last page.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Just a few panels chosen pretty much at random:

Our boy's come far.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Wow. Plowing through this thread has turned out to be quite the experience. I cherish it all. I'm just so glad that SA introduced me to this and Lazerbot has the will to keep it thriving. I can't wait for the next issue!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The troll face has been a lovely meme for years now, but Lazerbot manages to make it fresh through new lighting and context.

That is impressive.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Schwarzwald posted:

The troll face has been a lovely meme for years now, but Lazerbot manages to make it fresh through new lighting and context.

That is impressive.

This is why I love Lazerbot so much. He takes boring stuff I'm completely used to and turns it into :aaaaa: worthy material.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
As I was re-reading The Truth (Chapter 3) in the process of typing up its script, I realized something: As terrifying as Troll King's power is, at least Troll King plays the part of the classical supervillain. Troll Face is the real monster. It's no surprise that he just up and shot Sylvester, as he's made no bones about simply doing evil poo poo that even classical supervillains don't do (e.g. "Don't bother telling him the backstory, just kill him.", "Raping him is going to break him more easily than torturing him.", and now, of course, simply shooting Sylvester without any warning or even real motive (where a supervillain would normally come out of the shadows and have the 'showdown' and give a speech).)

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm really surprised no one has done up an alignment chart poster. I know that they tend to be limiting, but it's fun to discuss. Let me throw in how I figure it:

Lawful Good: Sonic
Neutral Good: Tails
Chaotic Good: Spyro
Lawful Neutral: Silver
True Neutral: Wile E. Coyote
Chaotic Neutral: Shadow
Lawful Evil: Troll King
Neutral Evil: Trollson/Trollface
Chaotic Evil: Demaro

The only one I'm really shaky on is Demaro, because if he really is doing it for Satan, he could actually be lawful evil, and if he is just trying to be powerful or get his own , he could be neutral evil, but I think he's just loving crazy

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Knuckles, however, transcends such alignments through the power of smart weed.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 25, 2013

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Metal Loaf posted:

Knuckles, however. transcends such alignments through the power of smart weed.

I was going to say that he was a better shot for Chaotic Good than Spyro, but I'll accept this answer.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

As usual, my alignment gets the lameos. :sigh:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm really surprised no one has done up an alignment chart poster. I know that they tend to be limiting, but it's fun to discuss. Let me throw in how I figure it:

Lawful Good: Sonic
Neutral Good: Tails
Chaotic Good: Spyro
True Neutral: Wile E. Coyote
Chaotic Neutral: Shadow
Lawful Evil: Troll King
Neutral Evil: Trollson/Trollface
Chaotic Evil: Demaro

The only one I'm really shaky on is Demaro, because if he really is doing it for Satan, he could actually be lawful evil, and if he is just trying to be powerful or get his own , he could be neutral evil, but I think he's just loving crazy

I didn't realize Shadow was Landerig all along. :v:

I assume Knuckles is in the "Fuckin High" category.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah knuckles gets his own chart where he plots all his different strains of weed along an alignment chart. I was also thinking of putting Ronald McDonald in chaotic Evil, but we don't have enough info yet.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
I wouldn't call Sonic lawful good after he stabbed Eggman in the spine.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

That was Dark Sonic

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

If Tom reanimates Sylvester's corpse, could he make his corpse use other corpses??

I always kinda wondered why they never did anything with Porky even though they went back for his family's bodies. They just gave em a burial.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

nerdbot posted:

If Tom reanimates Sylvester's corpse, could he make his corpse use other corpses??

I always kinda wondered why they never did anything with Porky even though they went back for his family's bodies. They just gave em a burial.

He's been through enough. :colbert:
It's a sign of respect.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

All kids are embarrassed by their parents, and Troll Face is no different.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I was going to say that he was a better shot for Chaotic Good than Spyro, but I'll accept this answer.

I'm not sure if Shadow would be Chaotic Good or not. Since Sonic is apparently influenced by Dragon Ball Z, Shadow is comparable to Vegeta insofar as he's the villain who happens to be on the same side as the heroes.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Metal Loaf posted:

I'm not sure if Shadow would be Chaotic Good or not. Since Sonic is apparently influenced by Dragon Ball Z, Shadow is comparable to Vegeta insofar as he's the villain who happens to be on the same side as the heroes.

That's why I have him as Chaotic Neutral, he's completely in it for himself and is only with characters that can be considered good because they have the same goals. He's never conformed to one strategy or ethos, and in fact reacts strongly against anyone trying to tell him what the right thing to do is...Or you know, whatever..I don't care it's just a dumb comic, not like I'm super into it or anything...whatever.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Metal Loaf posted:

I meant that I thought Knuckles would be Chaotic Good.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Do you guys still think this cartoon is funny? I think it was hilarious in the first few 'episodes' but now it's just kinda lame. Am I the only person who feels this way?

Occasionally, but it has gone downhill as it's tried to become some serious lovely Naruto clone. I think it's weird seeing everyone praising Lazerbot's writing and lovely artwork, too. I still read it when I'm bored, though.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Stele007 posted:

Occasionally, but it has gone downhill as it's tried to become some serious lovely Naruto clone. I think it's weird seeing everyone praising Lazerbot's writing and lovely artwork, too. I still read it when I'm bored, though.

I can agree with the fact that the fights between OCs can get grating (Demaro vs. Garry took two months, for example), and that the plot seems to have slowed down quite a bit for all the fights. But my comments are not that Lazy-B has outstanding WRITING per se (He's not really making any particularly interesting statement in the work, and the focus on fighting has dragged down the work as a whole down a bit, especially considering as most battles so far have either been chapters worth of "back and forth but nothing is happening" or "one person just keeps beating up another for a whole chapter"), it's more that the work would not be improved were he to tighten up his grammar.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Stele007 posted:

I couldn't force myself to watch Naruto so I'll only say that it's been fun watching him improve.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I just reread the Mario vs. Troll King fight and, despite thinking it dragged on and on when it was happening one page at a time, it actually works really well as a fight scene when you can read it all in one go. I wonder if Demaro v Garry will be the same.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Jackie D posted:

That was Dark Sonic

It's corrections like these said without irony that make this thread magic

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
But it wasn't Dark Sonic, he turned into Dark Sonic after stabbing Eggman!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Jackie D posted:

That was Dark Sonic

Nope, just regular Sonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Perhaps, the gap between regular Sonic and Dark Sonic is smaller than we all assumed.