Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Pope Mobile posted:

He's still not attractive* and has nothing going for him but bulge in his arms. poo poo, I can stubble within two days,

*Beyond average looks.

Sorry Pope Mobile but you're no Ryan Gosling. If it makes you feel better his bicep tattoo is really lovely.

That said, how creepy is that photo essay with the captions? One of them is hilarious just because the caption says he is "posing", despite the look on his face just emits pure disgust for the assholes invading his privacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

snail posted:

That's what I meant. Try it in the chair right now, it'll make more sense.

The foot positioning isn't vital, it's just one of those things that helps setup the rest of the movement. Wax on, wax off, and the motion becomes automatic leaving mental capacity to focus on other things.

CONTENT: I now own this guy's CBR that was raced for HRC in Australia and he once held the motorbike lap record for Eastern Creek on it. The bike is in a lazy retirement with me onboard. Also, Brooksie is doing IoM this year and I'm curious to see how he rides the circuit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy4bZF6p04c

I tried this whilst actually on a bike yesterday and the foot movement thing is very helpful; it overrides my body's natural reluctance to lean off the side of a moving thing.

edit: just watched the video, how in the name of god is he two feet off the ground what the christ. Total abscence of fear.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 26, 2013

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Pope Mobile posted:

He's still not attractive* and has nothing going for him but bulge in his arms. poo poo, I can stubble within two days,

*Beyond average looks.

My girlfriend's friend was going to go to a Gosling marathon where they play 3 of his movies back to back with all scenes cut out except those with him. She didn't go because she would rather be home. Alone. In her room.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Slavvy posted:

I tried this whilst actually on a bike yesterday and the foot movement thing is very helpful; it overrides my body's natural reluctance to lean off the side of a moving thing.

edit: just watched the video, how in the name of god is he two feet off the ground what the christ. Total abscence of fear.

If you pay close attention to your weight distribution you might notice that it moves from your outside foot as your approach the corner to your inside foot as you accelerate out of it. As you figure out where to have your weight and when to shift it as you go thru the corner it will start making hanging off the bike feel a lot more natural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_tYr7grVc#t=6m13s (I tried to embed it but I got a dorna warning, though it doesn't show up if you click the link. Odd.)

I was joking before about how watching racing made me an expert, but you can see this with how a lot of the GP bike riders brake now. In this clip you see Rossi on the outside hanging a leg way off the peg when braking for the corner. While Lorenzo next to him still has his foot on the peg, his weight distribution to the outside peg would be similar. It's a side note, but he's pretty much the anomaly as far as leg-off-peg riders goes these days. Pretty much all the other riders do it regardless of whether the benefit from it is real or placebo. Lorenzo has said he never found it comfortable, but you'll also hear from other riders that he brakes a lot differently to most. Others brake heavy and late, whereas Lorenzo brakes earlier and lighter, and holds more corner speed. At least, that's what I remember from interviews with Spies, Crutchlow and Dovi.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 26, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

If you pay close attention to your weight distribution you might notice that it moves from your outside foot as your approach the corner to your inside foot as you accelerate out of it. As you figure out where to have your weight and when to shift it as you go thru the corner it will start making hanging off the bike feel a lot more natural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_tYr7grVc#t=6m13s (I tried to embed it but I got a dorna warning, though it doesn't show up if you click the link. Odd.)

I was joking before about how watching racing made me an expert, but you can see this with how a lot of the GP bike riders brake now. In this clip you see Rossi on the outside hanging a leg way off the peg when braking for the corner. While Lorenzo next to him still has his foot on the peg, his weight distribution to the outside peg would be similar. It's a side note, but he's pretty much the anomaly as far as leg-off-peg riders goes these days. Pretty much all the other riders do it regardless of whether the benefit from it is real or placebo. Lorenzo has said he never found it comfortable, but you'll also hear from other riders that he brakes a lot differently to most. Others brake heavy and late, whereas Lorenzo brakes earlier and lighter, and holds more corner speed. At least, that's what I remember from interviews with Spies, Crutchlow and Dovi.

I read an interview with stoner where he said the foot hanging off thing is involuntary, it's a byproduct of the rear of the bike wanting to lift off the ground under braking as he's tipping in, so when he takes his foot off the peg it shifts his weight rearward and further to the outside to mitigate that.

I find it difficult to keep my weight off my wrists under braking whilst also doing all this other stuff, because to do that it feels like I just have to clamp onto the tank as hard as I can with my legs to keep my arms free. As soon as I move my leg or feet that clamping disappears and all my weight goes onto my wrists, loving with my steering and braking and upsetting the bike.

Content

I was reading about the Jiminson in a magazine (harley barrels with matchless heads, mentioned on the page) and it made me look these up. They're unbelievably difficult to build.

More here.
http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/angloamerican.html

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Is it just me or does a disc brake on that style of bike/that bike look odd?

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Slavvy posted:

Given most Australian racers, and I imagine globally, get started in motocross it's probably not all that surprising. The thing that always stands out to me when I'm at the track is no matter how fast I seem to be going, I'm always finding someone that's seconds faster than me (which at 200+ km/h is a lot of distance). The distance between the nub and the legend in motorcycling seems to be so much greater than in many other sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBPV1ZHBTIw

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Another road racing compilation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDgYq1DY4Ow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDgYq1DY4Ow

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I went to the Stockholm Bike Show today and tried to figure out how to use the DSLR I had borrowed. It resulted in a lot of lovely blurred pictures, but at least some of them turned out good.

Full album (61 pics): http://imgur.com/a/XbrV1

Some choice ones:

Paging mootmoot

Vectrix electric superbike prototype.

Duke 390. It looks and feels so tiny, I bet it's a blast to ride.

BMW Buyers.jpg I swear I didn't see anyone under 50 around the BMWs except the SS1000R

Nice RR1000 scrambler.

:gizz: CBX1000 engine, GSXR1000 front end, Ducati 996 rear.. Not good enough at bike spotting to figure out what the frame is from though.

Another really nice Harley scrambler build.

:barf: I think this takes the prize for gaudiest goldwing ever. It had a matching camper in the background. Not festooned with leds like the bike, but the inside was made up in some goth/pirate theme with a smoke machine and laser projector.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Collateral Damage posted:

:gizz: CBX1000 engine, GSXR1000 front end, Ducati 996 rear.. Not good enough at bike spotting to figure out what the frame is from though.

Probably a Spondon frame

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

echomadman posted:

Probably a Spondon frame

Which, also :gizz:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Welp, cya loosers, I'm going pro.

22 step video on how to ride like a pro.
http://youtu.be/BgeZmbDpg5E

edt: Super Roost. :lol::lol::lol:

Silver fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 27, 2013

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Another really nice Harley scrambler build.

A hardtail scrambler doesn't seem like a very pleasant riding experience.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

This is as bad as the mountain dew paintjob on rev's bike, my fav part is the sign on the bus that says "weird stuff" lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How dare you. Nothing is as bad as my mountain dew paint job.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

HNasty posted:

my fav part is the sign on the bus that says "weird stuff" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTTZ9E_e2Y

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

HNasty posted:

This is as bad as the mountain dew paintjob on rev's bike, my fav part is the sign on the bus that says "weird stuff" lol

Yeah, no, that paintjob was tremendously bad. Like, war crime bad.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Well I thought it was nice. :colbert:

At least it's not another one of the fifty million near identical chopper builds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're my hero. My cynical, MS-paint wielding hero.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Hnasty for mod.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
I hunted and couldn't find it - Rev's Mountain Dew bike?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Quoting the good Reverend.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

About a month ago a local marketing company came to our shop and said they wanted to rent a cool bike to use in some promotional event. It was for Mountain Dew and it was some kinda mini wannabe version of the X-games or something. And they said the bike would be painted by some guy as part of a competition or random art display or something out in San Francisco. They'd pay us for it, so it sounded great to us. We gave them our CB350 race bike which was just gonna sit on a platform all winter anyway.

The other day it comes back and we get to see what the Da Vincis on the west coast did to it. When I thought of somebody painting our race bike I envisioned the Koons or Warhol BMW art cars, and I was like, "gently caress yeah." Then I saw our bike.

:ughh:

And the pièce de résistance:

Yes that's a chimpanzee with a boombox. :psyboom:

Oh well, it's...different. And it still has our numbers. We're thinking we'll leave it on there for a few races.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Don't forget the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TbSwDKOw_M

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shouting Melon posted:

Oh, huh. Hm. Here's a photo of a really nice tricolour RC30 instead:

Is that a shot you took? I just ask as a good friend of mine owns a nice RC30 in Perth, and I'm unsure of any others floating around.

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?

PuntCuncher posted:

Is that a shot you took? I just ask as a good friend of mine owns a nice RC30 in Perth, and I'm unsure of any others floating around.

Yeah, was just in the parking lot outside Coles in Mundaring. I've seen a couple of other RC30s here before, but that was the first one that was actually on the road.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Supposedly a police bike used in Australia

edit:yes I realize KTM is made is Austria and not Australia

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 28, 2013

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

NitroSpazzz posted:

<domestic bike joke>

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Paging mootmoot

I see some of the V-Strom folks have joined Honda's design team.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
An actual police bike used in the UK. Took this at a music festival, didn't get to see them use it though

Philanthropy!
Nov 8, 2012

RIDE A NEW BIKE, BECAUSE MORE HORSEPOWER EQUALS SAFER THAN

Forty Two posted:

An actual police bike used in the UK. Took this at a music festival, didn't get to see them use it though

Seems legit, even for the Warwickshire Constabulary

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?

NitroSpazzz posted:

edit:yes I realize KTM is made is Austria and not Australia

The 4WD and the silver Mazda both have Victorian license plates on them, so it seems plausible. Maybe that's their pursuit bike (like how they've got hot hatches now for doing chases in urban areas)?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That's quite a violation of the US Flag Code there.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Philanthropy! posted:

Seems legit, even for the Warwickshire Constabulary

are those headers really being used as a kickstand?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

are those headers really being used as a kickstand?
Clearly the most outrageous element of this picture.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

evil_bunnY posted:

Clearly the most outrageous element of this picture.

I'd say it's just barely ahead of the lack of a front fender.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

It's really that the seat looks pretty uncomfortable.

spootle
Nov 11, 2009

Shouting Melon posted:

The 4WD and the silver Mazda both have Victorian license plates on them, so it seems plausible. Maybe that's their pursuit bike (like how they've got hot hatches now for doing chases in urban areas)?

I just saw one on Collins St in the city, dude was definitely a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Maybe they've started some kind of anti-motard dong riding squad.