Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It might be that the character of Hussie the Narrator is going to talk about how he wants to make that whole trickster interlude just Jane's hallucination, and Caliborn is going to stretch his newfound narrative muscle to make it have actually taken place. Alternatively this is the come-down and Caliborn is going to complain about how much better they were all trickstered up and how they should get back to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Ha ha ha. He he he. Ho ho ho.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Watch the camera pull back and it'll be all four kids, wondering what the hell happened, surrounded by goofy alchemized bullshit, and only Dirk won't be freaking out.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

J.theYellow posted:

Watch the camera pull back and it'll be all four kids, wondering what the hell happened, surrounded by goofy alchemized bullshit, and only Dirk won't be freaking out.

"Dirk... what happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Bobulus posted:

In honor of Gristmas, I dug out the original Fancy Santa rant:

http://andrewhussie.blogspot.com/2008/12/fancy-santas-are-stupid-imposters.html

So is fancy Santa the ultimate evil behind all of homestuck? Between that article and that zilly nose, i'm...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

brainSnakes posted:

So is fancy Santa the ultimate evil behind all of homestuck? Between that article and that zilly nose, i'm...

Hussie claims in the second book that Fncysntakind is the deadliest weaponskind of all.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

So does this mean Dear, Sweet, Precious, Sweet Fefeta is alive again?

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Bad guy of Homestuck is the antichristmas.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bluemidget posted:

So does this mean Dear, Sweet, Precious, Sweet Fefeta is alive again?
If Trickster Mode was completely hallucinatory and all of it was in Jane's head? Yes.

If Trickster Mode was somewhat hallucinatory and we just skipped to the end of the zilliest trip out ever? No.

I'm thinking the latter is the actual case here, but that would mean having to accept that Dear Sweet Precious Sweet Fefeta is dead and was killed by the two guys who killed or contributed to the deaths of Feferi and Nepeta last time.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I really, really doubt that the viewed events did not happen.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Dolash posted:

It might be that the character of Hussie the Narrator is going to talk about how he wants to make that whole trickster interlude just Jane's hallucination, and Caliborn is going to stretch his newfound narrative muscle to make it have actually taken place. Alternatively this is the come-down and Caliborn is going to complain about how much better they were all trickstered up and how they should get back to that.

They were all talking about kissing and marrying each other in the most gratuitous way possible. Caliborn was probably nursing some unseemly lusts for those proceedings.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I'm really hoping that we're leading up to a nice, big THAT WAS STUPID. I feel it's deserving of it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Caliborn could also be angry because he's the Lord of Time and you can't just go backwards like that when he wants to know more.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I'm really hoping that we're leading up to a nice, big THAT WAS STUPID. I feel it's deserving of it.

Are you kidding? That's probably pretty loud. These kids need quiet and headache medicine.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
Lollipops' a hell of a drug.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jane's about to go god tier.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Hussie just knows we love the Jane faces at this point.

The background definitely makes me think of the Derse tomb Aradia was in, only the chain color seems more Prospitian. If it weren't for the fact that he's going to probably be one of the last people to the cast reunion party, I'd almost wonder if Jack was going to be standing there to help her Got Tiger, in the same way of John and Aradia.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I don't remember there being chains hanging around Jane's house.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Poor Jane. She is having a really bad day.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Midnight Raider posted:

The background definitely makes me think of the Derse tomb Aradia was in, only the chain color seems more Prospitian. If it weren't for the fact that he's going to probably be one of the last people to the cast reunion party, I'd almost wonder if Jack was going to be standing there to help her Got Tiger, in the same way of John and Aradia.
Well we do have a Jack Noir. It's entirely possible that he broke out of Prospit during this whole mess and is ready to kill Jane. He does have a sixth sense for child murder and Jack never leaves a job undone.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Well we do have a Jack Noir. It's entirely possible that he broke out of Prospit during this whole mess and is ready to kill Jane. He does have a sixth sense for child murder and Jack never leaves a job undone.

Which raises the question: this is Jane's dreamself that's currently running around, right? So, could she potentially Maid of Life herself back to... life again?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Midnight Raider posted:

I'm thinking we will get a view from between HIC's horns just before Jane gets forked.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I am completely cool with forgetting that all of this ever happened. Even though I'll see that fancy santa in my nightmares for years to come.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Jane's about to go god tier.

Or maybe already has? Dying is a hell of a way to sober up

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Behind the scenes speculation: I'm gonna assume the most recent updates were originally planned for Christmas 2012, which means Hussie's running about a month behind schedule. Which isn't that bad, considering, and suggests Homestuck may conclude in a reasonably timely manner.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Don't be silly. There were witnesses.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So I'm thumbing my way through hivebent right now and it never ceases to amaze me all the little details that take on a new light during a re-read.

Like this page. Specifically the second column to the right left and third panel down.

Edit: VVV drat it, my perspective was flipped the wrong way!

Also funny you should mention the intricacies of troll relations because I just got up to the big quadrants exposition and it's every bit as tedious now as it was then. :smithicide:

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 26, 2013

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So I'm thumbing my way through hivebent right now and it never ceases to amaze me all the little details that take on a new light during a re-read.

Like this page. Specifically the second column to the right and third panel down.
Her prediction was wrong because it isn't a spade! You have to get these little details right in troll romance, which is why it is so drat annoying. We can't begin to understand it as humans.

(Also I think you mean second column to the left and third panel down. The right side has Nepeta <> Equius.)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

lotus circle posted:

Her prediction was wrong because it isn't a spade! You have to get these little details right in troll romance, which is why it is so drat annoying. We can't begin to understand it as humans.

(Also I think you mean second column to the left and third panel down. The right side has Nepeta <> Equius.)

It is kinda right since it says "probably not"! Probably not redrom. It's a valid prophecy.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
What are the odds Jane is there because the Droll blew everything up?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Caliborn is the best villain. :allears:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jane does not need this poo poo this morning/night/whatever time period she just woke up from all strung out.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This has implications for the interpretation that Caliborn represents the churlish element of the audience.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So, um, can Caliborn type into the command box, too? That's what I'm getting from the [gently caress YOU!]

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

That was funny as gently caress. Poor Jane just can't catch a break.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I love crowbar poo poo.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Hussie posted:

Do you really think I have the power to make something unhappen??

You tell me, peachy :v:

But seriously enjoying Caliborn's shenanigans as well as how he continues to embody a sort of frustrated meta-critic of Homestuck. I've never seen an authour get so hands on in their own story and break the fourth wall so consistently and yet preserve the integrity of their story.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG CLANGCLANG CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG CLANGCLANG!

Caliborn :allears:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Dolash posted:

Hussie posted:

Do you really think I have the power to make something unhappen??

You tell me, peachy :v:

But seriously enjoying Caliborn's shenanigans as well as how he continues to embody a sort of frustrated meta-critic of Homestuck. I've never seen an authour get so hands on in their own story and break the fourth wall so consistently and yet preserve the integrity of their story.

Nah, you'd have to be a Lord of Time or something to completely undo events in the narrative. It's quite a lofty goal to strive for!

I like how the theory "Trickster Mode is cheap personal growth" is not only confirmed, but also ties back into Caliborn's character. His interference has reached the point where other characters in the comic feel the impact. It reminds me of that DC reboot years ago where Superboy punched continuity.

However, the best part of this update was Seahorsedad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Oh no. If earlier events in the story are consistent, I am fearful that lollipop might have a new owner.