Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

So, I heard some rumors of a Marvel 3 patch coming this year. Is that trolling or real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Superstring posted:

So, I heard some rumors of a Marvel 3 patch coming this year. Is that trolling or real?

There's always rumors that there's another patch. There's the same ones floating around for SSF4, too. It's not out of the question, though.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

animatorZed posted:

To be fair, this isn't particularly a high bar.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/c/1688255

free mauve

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

Superstring posted:

There was some credible Marvel player that said on twitter that they talked to Seth after he left Capcom and he said that they were going to patch it (it may have been with regards to infinites). That's all I can remember, and it could be all bullshit.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

brian posted:

Well don't let it dissuade anyone from coming up because it should rad as balls and everyone else here is nice and welcoming. That said every time I post something about the scottish scene here I accidentally cause some kind of drama so who knows what's in the water up here.

His comments about KOF have turned off a lot people anyway, so I guess the damage is done.

Where is Cat Machine anyway? I haven't seen him on SA for a looong time.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

uncleKitchener posted:

His comments about KOF have turned off a lot people anyway, so I guess the damage is done.

Where is Cat Machine anyway? I haven't seen him on SA for a looong time.

What did he say about KOF? HS2 is running KoF as a main game and has had multiple qualifiers including one in France that Fox won and there's a few really good KOF players here who are looking forward to a good tournament so I hope you're exaggerating.

Cat Machine got a job and a girlfriend or something and now only appears on podcasts befitting his celebrity status.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
So SFxT is downloading a 812mb update on Steam and I can't find any news or patch notes.

:frogsiren: Is this 2013?? :frogsiren:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

So SFxT is downloading a 812mb update on Steam and I can't find any news or patch notes.

:frogsiren: Is this 2013?? :frogsiren:
Change Log:
Added Ingrid

no other changes

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
So it looks like the extra characters have been added into the game files (except for MegaMan, PacMan and those 2 cats or whatever) but they're not for sale on Steam so there's actually no way to buy them.

Awesome patch.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

The Joe Man posted:

So it looks like the extra characters have been added into the game files (except for MegaMan, PacMan and those 2 cats or whatever) but they're not for sale on Steam so there's actually no way to buy them.

Awesome patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geIbPZhdE8w

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
After Skullgirls held their Evo eighth spot+breast cancer research fundraiser Friday night, the Melee community held their own on Saturday. Donation totals after them: Skullgirls $22,109; Melee $22,443.

Hoping Skullgirls can pull it out in the end.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

brian posted:

So the international Road to EVO events were announced and Scotland's very own Hypespotting is one of them, which our very own Cat Machine/SFxTKazuyaGod helped organise last year and probably some of this year, it was apparently a great time last year and it's obviously going to be even better this year since I'm going, so if you're in the UK it's totally worth the trip so come along and all that jazz!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/21/roa...en-ii-and-more/

I guess I might come up to hypespotting to poo poo around and watch games but it has the same issue as last year, no good games being played.

EDIT: haha gently caress off never mind £20 entry fee?

Popehoist fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 27, 2013

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

This is the new Capcom theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

iPodschun posted:

After Skullgirls held their Evo eighth spot+breast cancer research fundraiser Friday night, the Melee community held their own on Saturday. Donation totals after them: Skullgirls $22,109; Melee $22,443.

So do I, Smash tournaments are duller than watching paint dry.

you'd think the onlygood american indy fighting game should be getting the majority of support, but, whelp.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

iPodschun posted:

A thing to point out is the jump from 17k to 21k was apparently from a couple of people.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
I would rather watch top level Melee play than Skullgirls play I'm sorry.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Waterbed posted:

I would rather watch top level Melee play than Skullgirls play I'm sorry.

Yeah I can't really comprehend people saying otherwise. Especially pre-patch, Skullgirls was dull as all get out and it still basically doesn't have a scene at all. Maybe Mike Z should fund raise to get his game patched on 360 instead of doing multiple fundraisers to get it at EVO?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
The issue with the 360 version is getting it through Microsoft, which they said they made some progress on during their fundraiser stream but couldn't say much about. There's no point in raising funds for it when the problem is out of their hands.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Brett824 posted:

Yeah I can't really comprehend people saying otherwise. Especially pre-patch, Skullgirls was dull as all get out and it still basically doesn't have a scene at all. Maybe Mike Z should fund raise to get his game patched on 360 instead of doing multiple fundraisers to get it at EVO?

Not saying that Skullgirls isnt pretty botring to watch, but Smash is visually dull as hell, with the benefit of being a decade old to boot. That, and as a casual observer, literally nothing in the game looks* interesting or skilled.

*I'm sure theres loads going on that I dont get, but, yeah.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather watch Skullgirls any time, by a wide margin. Also those of us who are actually going to Evo would prefer not to have the Smash community around when we do (because I don't want some autistic 14-year-old to steal my poo poo and break into my hotel room and jizz all over my bed).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Post-patch SG is pretty cool to watch (I liked playing pre-patch but didn't really like watching it), so I'd definitely be down with that. I get that it sucks the 360 version is patchless but Melee is only on a 12 year old system anyway and has never been ported beyond the wii being backwards compatable so that shouldnt really be a strike against it for EVO

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

sentrygun posted:

The issue with the 360 version is getting it through Microsoft, which they said they made some progress on during their fundraiser stream but couldn't say much about. There's no point in raising funds for it when the problem is out of their hands.

Then how about hiring a second person to help with the PC port? :shobon:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Is anyone over at Skullgirls co. even getting paychecks?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

redmercer posted:

Then how about hiring a second person to help with the PC port? :shobon:

Something tells me they don't have the money to be doing that and don't exactly want to run a fundraiser for it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't think they've gotten paid since like May/June of last year when they got laid off?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Countblanc posted:

Post-patch SG is pretty cool to watch (I liked playing pre-patch but didn't really like watching it), so I'd definitely be down with that. I get that it sucks the 360 version is patchless but Melee is only on a 12 year old system anyway and has never been ported beyond the wii being backwards compatable so that shouldnt really be a strike against it for EVO

Not sure how comparable (roughly) half of the people who own the game not being able to play the most current revision of the game is to the game being on a non-current console.

One big issue with Smash is that the community for some reason refuses to play on anything but CRT TVs and I can't imagine they wont be whining about that if SSBM wins.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Any word on when the DLC characters for SFxTK will be released for PC players?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

brian posted:

What did he say about KOF? HS2 is running KoF as a main game and has had multiple qualifiers including one in France that Fox won and there's a few really good KOF players here who are looking forward to a good tournament so I hope you're exaggerating.

He complained about the length of the KOF tourneys and casual and cussed a bit, so London mans interpreted that as pure ignorance because they're no point in cussing about that.

The HOG may be opening soon anyway since we found a new place, so they're already busy with that and preparing for WGC.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Brett824 posted:

One big issue with Smash is that the community for some reason refuses to play on anything but CRT TVs and I can't imagine they wont be whining about that if SSBM wins.

Gamecube games run at 480i resolution, so upscaling to 720p or 1080p would introduce unplayable input latency--a few whole frames' worth.

I think you can do something with a VGA box to lessen the issue but I don't know if it would be effective enough.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Superstring posted:

Its actually likely this time. A bunch of Marvel higher ups have been Tweeting about it on Twitter, sending the message Marvel has greenlighted another update (Marvel was the one initially who had to OK an update for licensing purposes).

There's also been stuff posted on the official MvC3 Facebook page about passing the fan demand for new content on to Capcom.

It seems probable. I mean SFxT and SSF4: AE 2012 are both getting updates and Marvel pulls bigger numbers at tournaments and for stream viewers than both of those games. I kind of get the feeling that Nitsuma is super burnt out on Marvel vs Capcom and Capcom's gonna make him churn out a 2013 update anyway though.

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 28, 2013

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Zero and Morrigan for bottom tier post 2013 patch.. just calling' it. (Who am I kidding they are going to fuse the two into Zerrogan - he/she/it gets Astral Sogenmou and Soul Sabers that hit full screen and can be cancelled into themselves)

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

uncleKitchener posted:

He complained about the length of the KOF tourneys and casual and cussed a bit, so London mans interpreted that as pure ignorance because they're no point in cussing about that.

The HOG may be opening soon anyway since we found a new place, so they're already busy with that and preparing for WGC.

Honestly if people get put off going to one of the two uk majors in a year for KoF because someone said something about how long the games take (and kof does take significantly longer per game than anything other than like possibly Strekken), it's no wonder why the KOF scene is tiny. It should be like the VF community where people like MarlyJay (I think that's his name) came up from london to help Seidon from glasgow run a VF tournament he and Seidon didn't play in but put up £100 in prizes for, I mean it's VF so it probably won't help that much but it would be nice if every game's scene wasn't so embroiled in bullshit drama that they spite themselves.

Also great news on the HOG, Mark's been sorting out an arcade machine for me so i've been fairly up to date but I didn't know you guys actually found a place you're happy with, presumably one of the zone 2 ones after that thread about the zone 4 one.

Popehoist posted:

I guess I might come up to hypespotting to poo poo around and watch games but it has the same issue as last year, no good games being played.

EDIT: haha gently caress off never mind £20 entry fee?

Yo gently caress you 3S teams is on, also known as the best tournament of the best game ever made. Plus KOF13 is a really great game too.

Wasn't it the exact same pricing as last year though? Hotel function rooms for weekends aren't cheap but I do find the spectator only fee being the same as entering one tournament kind of silly, not sure what the reasoning behind that one was.

brian fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jan 28, 2013

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

brian posted:

Wasn't it the exact same pricing as last year though? Hotel function rooms for weekends aren't cheap but I do find the spectator only fee being the same as entering one tournament kind of silly, not sure what the reasoning behind that one was.
I can only imagine it was a way to try and convince would-be spectators to enter tournaments, either to bulk up numbers or to get more people playing games that they might not have played if it had cost extra.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
So here's a cool Virtua Fighter vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U9s_H9YgsE

Basically showing off some really dirty ways to exploit the tech roll system and sideturned situation for every character in the game.

What he's doing is setting up a knockdown that the opponent quick recovers from, and positioning his character to be at the quickrising opponent's side. This lets him perform unblockable meaties (blocking from sideturned is possible but requires extra time, which a meaty attack doesn't allow for) into guaranteed throw situations and even combos. This gets really nasty at the wall where lots of otherwise ordinary moves give guaranteed follow-ups (especially during a sideturned situation) and of course wall combos are possible which generally hit like a truck. Or maybe two trucks. Ten. Wall combos hit like ten trucks, gently caress you.

The full sequences he's showing off aren't exactly practical of course, but there's some genuinely useful stuff in there regardless. Anyway it's neat, check it out!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Question Mark Mound posted:

I can only imagine it was a way to try and convince would-be spectators to enter tournaments, either to bulk up numbers or to get more people playing games that they might not have played if it had cost extra.

Evo is really expensive to run, for real. That's a good enough reason, and to convince people from just showing up and taking up space.

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

Anyone got experience dual modding the PS3 SFxT Pro stick? I'm probably buying a 360 soon so I can play with more people and I'm mostly just curious if I'm gonna have to buy a new cable to go with it or what I might need besides a PCB.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Wow, I somehow missed SF4 getting another revision.

This isn't a complaint, but I wonder how ST and 3S would've looked today if Capcom could patch them as easily then as they can now, without necessarily needing new arcade board being shipped and such.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The people who say they would rather watch Smash at evo, I would just let you know that you will never leave the venue because the last Brawl tournament literally ended at 4am.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Saman posted:

Anyone got experience dual modding the PS3 SFxT Pro stick? I'm probably buying a 360 soon so I can play with more people and I'm mostly just curious if I'm gonna have to buy a new cable to go with it or what I might need besides a PCB.

Just get a PS360+ and put it in there. Don't even bother trying to do a padhack. The sfxt pro is a pain in the rear end to work in and it's hard to dual mod the 360 version let alone PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

rivals posted:

Just get a PS360+ and put it in there. Don't even bother trying to do a padhack. The sfxt pro is a pain in the rear end to work in and it's hard to dual mod the 360 version let alone PS3.

Yeah, I was thinking the ps360+ is probably the best choice, but I was considering the cthulhu for awhile, too, so it's good to get some direction there.

I'm curious now, though, is it just a thing with the PS3 board being placed differently that makes it harder to work with, or something else?

• Locked thread